Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      70 (58.3%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      14 (11.7%)
       Fabinho
      19 (15.8%)
      James Milner
      4 (3.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      10 (8.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (0.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Voting closed: Mar 03, 2019 09:51:17 pm

Liverpool 5-0 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23768 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Liverpool 5-0 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Feb 27, 2019 10:36:37 pm
      !!! I like Origi. Did a lot more for defense and pressing than Daniel and Xherdan would have done. Did also some things where u see potential when anticipating him having more minutes on the pitch and getting into some rhythm. Would re-think to hold him for LFC.

Personally I thought Origi did nothing to justify his selection, but that's just my opinion. Yes he scored a goal but he didn't track back, he didn't run, he didn't press. That being said he did nothing bad either. Didn't put a foot wrong because he was largely anonymous.
      different opinions same player same Game.I didn't watch it I listened to it on LFCTV and the girl on SKY also said he worked hard and defended well
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #369: Feb 27, 2019 10:37:31 pm
      Didn’t get chance to watch the match tonight so had to go old school with the radio ,great result & performance both fullbacks F***ing immense tonight ,but that was a great team Performance in all honesty and a
      Good pasting before a derby is never a bad thing,roll on Sunday.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #370: Feb 27, 2019 10:38:39 pm
      You're joking right??

Hazard is an amazing player and consistently top 5 in the PL if not higher since he arrived in England.

And yet gets max 15 goals a season. He turns up against us though but if he was our player I'd be so frustrated with him.

He is immense but yet should be getting double goals.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #371: Feb 27, 2019 10:39:09 pm
      F**k me, where do I begin?

That was heavy metal football, wow. We tore them apart from start to finish!

Each performance deserves a mention, that was easily our best game of the season and what a perfect time to have it, this could be the catalyst and the boost the players need to get us over the line.

Let me stop rambling, Milner, what a performance, i will be honest i wasn't sure if having him in was a good move from Klopp, i wanted Naby to play so badly, but Milner was exceptional, though many others could have got it, i voted for him as my man of the match. He was everywhere, filling in at LB, filling in at RB at one point i thought he was going to cover for Salah up front haha.

Trent was a close second to man of the match for me, he was also exceptional every pass/cross of his today was sublime, the difference it makes having him out on that right hand side is clear as day. His delivery was great and he provided so much width and space for the rest of the team.

Mane & Van Dijk also could be argued to be MOTM as well, Sadio was exceptional today like Milner he was all over the shop, think he really enjoyed playing most of his time down the middle though, leading to two very well taken finishes. Virgil was hungry for that third at the end weren't he, hopefully those two goals will be a sign of whats to come from set peices.

Salah & Origi need shout outs to, both were relentless but in different areas, Salah was relentless in the sense that he was determined to get at players and make something happen, you could tell he really wanted to score and the team wanted to help also but more than that he showed moments of real class, he played a couple of messi'esque passes to players on the overlap, it was beautiful to watch. Origi was relentless in the sense that he worked so hard for the team and pressed at every opportunity, he was smart in some of the runs and dribbles he made and his industrious performance was re-warded by him scoring a trademark goal coming in from the left.

If i carry on i will end up writing a dissertation piece, all in all exactly what we needed, up the f**king reds!

Honorable mentions: Everyone else.

To add to this, Matip deserves a special mention he really put his body on the line today and made some crucial interceptions/tackles.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #372: Feb 27, 2019 10:39:40 pm
      Yes he scored a goal but he didn't track back, he didn't run, he didn't press.

I think he did more than Sturridge or Shaq would have done. Did u see his tackle at the end? No way Daniel or Xherdan do that. He didn't look like the 2nd coming of Christ but he has almost never played...the few glimpses showed some potential of a kid that was some real prospect a couple of years ago, maybe he can continue? I'd keep him around, he's still young unlike Lallana.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #373: Feb 27, 2019 10:40:52 pm
      It wasn’t broadcast over here so I couldn’t have watched it later anyway. Gonna have to try and find a replay or something.

https://gounlimited.to/1l9al8i4ahym/Liv_wat_1.mp4 (1st half)

https://gounlimited.to/q77ydo6xzxvz/Liv_Wat_2.mp4 (2nd half)
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #374: Feb 27, 2019 10:41:20 pm
      To add to this, Matip deserves a special mention he really put his body on the line today and made some crucial interceptions/tackles.

Honestly, even if Lovren or Gomez are healthy, right now I'd go with VVD + Matip, don't fix if it ain't broken.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #375: Feb 27, 2019 10:41:34 pm
      That was huge.  HUGE!

When we need a statement of intent, every player on the pitch delivers. 

Think we're done?  Think again.
      Can't score?  Oh really?
      Losing our heads under pressure?  Bring it the f*ck on!

I love this club.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #376: Feb 27, 2019 10:42:47 pm
      different opinions same player same Game.I didn't watch it I listened to it on LFCTV and the girl on SKY also said he worked hard and defended well

As did Klopp!

24 goals in 87 appearances for us, apparently. Haven't checked that but if it is true, that's not bad you know?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #377: Feb 27, 2019 10:42:56 pm
      Honestly, even if Lovren or Gomez are healthy, right now I'd go with VVD + Matip, don't fix if it ain't broken.

I agree, until Matip plays himself out of the team, keep him in.

He really did make some crucial interceptions/tackles today, at one point i remember him getting his head low at the chance of taking a boot to the face to ensure he got the ball clear, he was immense.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #378: Feb 27, 2019 10:46:00 pm
      Personally I thought Origi did nothing to justify his selection, but that's just my opinion. Yes he scored a goal but he didn't track back, he didn't run, he didn't press. That being said he did nothing bad either. Didn't put a foot wrong because he was largely anonymous. Trent on the other hand showed exactly what we've been missing and why Klopp was a loon for leaving him out of the United match. Great game, great statement but the next game has to be as well and the one after that. We can't have this up and down form we've had all year, they have to show we've turned a corner and keep destiny in our own hands.

He was definitely tracking back and pressing, thought he had a decent game to be fair.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #379: Feb 27, 2019 10:49:49 pm
      First game of the season for me tonight (Ta Andy and El Batez!) and just back in the hotel in time for motd!!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #380: Feb 27, 2019 10:53:25 pm
      Wow great response to the last game, a fantastic and much needed performance. Can almost see a sense of relief in the players, for the first time in a little while, the team actually looked like they were loving it.

Boss stuff. Only negative is that City scraped a lucky win, but that was out of our control.

Get in!!!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #381: Feb 27, 2019 10:55:27 pm
      He was definitely tracking back and pressing, thought he had a decent game to be fair.

Not from what I saw. He would jog back slowly but mostly tried to hang about in the final third. But let me clarify my position. I'm not necessarily against his inclusion, and I'm not necessarily criticising him for his actions, I simply think he is a player ill suited to a Klopp team and Liverpool have passed him by, but we're not exactly blessed with alternatives for Bobby. He didn't justify his inclusion on his own merits, he simply justified it by not being Danny Sturridge and Firmino being out. If that makes sense?
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #382: Feb 27, 2019 11:00:22 pm
      I agree, until Matip plays himself out of the team, keep him in.

He really did make some crucial interceptions/tackles today, at one point i remember him getting his head low at the chance of taking a boot to the face to ensure he got the ball clear, he was immense.

It looked like Joel was behind Joe Gomez and Lovren, but he has come in and all but solved a problem for Klopp. I like the way he comes out of defence with the ball. Had a good game tonight and hasn't had a bad game since coming in. Think Joe will get back in but Joel is at the very least level with Lovren in the pecking order.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #383: Feb 27, 2019 11:07:13 pm
      It looked like Joel was behind Joe Gomez and Lovren, but he has come in and all but solved a problem for Klopp. I like the way he comes out of defence with the ball. Had a good game tonight and hasn't had a bad game since coming in. Think Joe will get back in but Joel is at the very least level with Lovren in the pecking order.

I don't see why Joe should come straight in, i think Matip has done more than enough to see himself stay in the team until he plays himself out of it. I can understand maybe bringing in Joe around a CL game if still possible or during a midweek game but for the most part i would keep playing Joel.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #384: Feb 27, 2019 11:07:31 pm
      First game of the season for me tonight (Ta Andy and El Batez!) and just back in the hotel in time for motd!!!
      Not a bad game to pick ,top man is Alan.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #385: Feb 27, 2019 11:08:17 pm
      Really tough MOTM to pick.

I had to give it to Trent in the end because I thought he really made the difference, and not just with the three assists.  His energy, pace, directness, accuracy.  Every good thing we did involved him at some point.  Quick ball, quick mind, just so damned quick.  His sheer, rock solid belief in everything he did.

Saying that, though, I could have given it to Matip, Milner, Fabinho, Virgil, Sadio, Mo, Divock - none of those choices would have been wrong either.

Matip is showing some serious form on the back of a decent run in the team, and made several vital blocks and interceptions, plus his passing out from the back has improved immensely.  Sometimes surprises me where he pops up. 
      Divock provided a real threat wide left and backed up Andy defensively from first to last.  Took his goal well and looked full of ideas and runs.  Brought threat and fluency on that side.  So good to see that he enjoyed it.
      Jimmy.  What can I say?  He's like a drunk wasp on a sunny afternoon in a beer garden.  He just won't F***ing stop.  He won't leave them alone.  Won't be deterred, won't be denied.  On Sunday his delivery versus the Manure was shocking, but he more then made up for it tonight.  The buzz.
      Fabinho has so much time.  Knows what to do, when to do it, how to slow the opposition, choke them off, deny, deny, deny, and then feed. 
      Virgil.  The Rolls Royce.  Always in the right place.  100% aerial duels won.  Think about that.  Two great old fashioned centre half's goals, two beaming celebrations, winding up the Kop -  the legend he is certain to become.
      Sadio Mane, who at times looks as if he can only ever control it five yards in the wrong direction yet scores an impudent, ridiculous goal by doing just that.  Made his header look easy.  Thanks to TAA, it nearly was.  Always available, always making runs.
      Mohamed Salah got so much joy first half with his pace and direct running, found repeatedly by Trent, forced the Watford lads to triple-up on him at times and still scared them to death.  Good to see him go on his right foot a few times, and that's how he hit the post.  The catalyst.

Jürgen.  Positive, trusting and calm tonight.  Knew from the first minute that Kenny was in his heaven and all was well with the big red world. 

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #386: Feb 27, 2019 11:14:06 pm
      The all conquering dodgy funded City haven't scored from open play for over 3 and a half hours another dodgy pen tonight was all they could handle. This is our title to win
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #387: Feb 27, 2019 11:16:28 pm
      The all conquering dodgy funded City haven't scored from open play for over 3 and a half hours another dodgy pen tonight was all they could handle. This is our title to win

Dodgy it certainly was. 
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #388: Feb 27, 2019 11:17:36 pm
      Not from what I saw. He would jog back slowly but mostly tried to hang about in the final third. But let me clarify my position. I'm not necessarily against his inclusion, and I'm not necessarily criticising him for his actions, I simply think he is a player ill suited to a Klopp team and Liverpool have passed him by, but we're not exactly blessed with alternatives for Bobby. He didn't justify his inclusion on his own merits, he simply justified it by not being Danny Sturridge and Firmino being out. If that makes sense?

I think this post is indicative of the low opinion most have of our striking options. Solanke was sold. Sturridge was loaned out last season. Origi, himself spent last season on loan to Wolfsburg. Doesn't look great does it. Origi did well enough tonight but I think Klopp knows he'll have to update the striking options in the next window.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #389: Feb 27, 2019 11:21:06 pm
      Honestly thing hazard is the most overrated player in league (maybe pogba beats him.there)

Doesn't score enough, or create enough, Nd people have him third best in world?!?!?
      Pretty sure Hazard is top of the assist table and has more goals than Firmino in the league, hardly a poor return.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #390: Feb 27, 2019 11:28:35 pm
      4 clean sheets in a row - nice bit of confidence to take into the derby. Lovely jubbly

Quick Reply