Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      70 (58.3%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      14 (11.7%)
       Fabinho
      19 (15.8%)
      James Milner
      4 (3.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      10 (8.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (0.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Voting closed: Mar 03, 2019 09:51:17 pm

Liverpool 5-0 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23774 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Liverpool 5-0 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Feb 28, 2019 09:22:49 am
      Dear doom merchants,

Past performance is really not indicative of future performance.

Past matches excluding Bournemouth:
      Leicester 1-1
      West Ham 1-1
      Bournemouth 3-0 (to be excluded)
      Bayern 0-0
      United 0-0

These matches ex Bournemouth don't really determine last night's match. If any, they influence your (not talking about you, refering to those people) confidence IF you allow yourself to be shaken by the negatives presented in those matches.

I repeat. Past performance is not indicative of future performance.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #415: Feb 28, 2019 09:31:46 am
      Fabinho is from the future. Its no coincidence he is constantly in the right positions on the pitch to retain possession. Another absolute quality performance from him. The fact we have defensive midfielder with that level brain is one thing but having one with that technical ability to go with it is another thing. The perfect fit for this team. Everyone was brilliant last night even Origi but I just wanted to reiterate how brilliant Fabinho was again I genuinely am blown away by him. 10 to go.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #416: Feb 28, 2019 09:40:02 am
      Absolutely sparkling performance from the lads. Don't even know where to start with quality individual efforts let alone the team. VVD, Mane, Fabinho, Robertson and even Salah without a goal were just fantastic, but what a performance from the young lad Trent Arnold. So good to have him back to his best and I have to say that was his best performance in a Liverpool shirt. Even apologized at one point to the attackers after putting in a superb cross that nobody got on the end of, brilliant mentality and motm for me and everyone else it seems.

Seems like we got the heavy metal back between our teeth.
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2019 09:49:41 am by ozi_wozzy »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #417: Feb 28, 2019 09:40:47 am
      Plays him if heā€™s fit.

100% not in doubt.

are you still convinced that playing Milner instead of Trent on Sunday made no difference? ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #418: Feb 28, 2019 09:42:30 am
      In simple terms could you explain in reality how they are one point ahead ,am I missing something here .

Sorry meant 1 point behind, phew!!! :-)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #419: Feb 28, 2019 09:44:07 am
      In what way? Sunday was a sh*t performance and game, as most people said, yesterday was the opposite. I think you perhaps don't understand what bipolar means. Bipolar would mean, in very simple terms, having different reactions to the same result.

The reality though is that Citeh are still 1 point ahead, but I sense a momentum shift again, but its vital that we beat the bitters as well.

LFC are one point ahead.
      Maybe Sky listing betting odds as part of their "commentary" is confusing people
      as they announced City were still favourites, while plugging their betting service last night.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #420: Feb 28, 2019 09:45:42 am
      Cracking performance last night. I wasnā€™t sure if the line up when I saw the team but playing Mane through the middle was a master stroke, reckon we will see more of this. Pre game I was hoping to see Keita play and was disappointed he did not start but Watford are a big strong physical side so JĆ¼rgen was bang on with that midfield. Milner in particular was superb in the first half. Fabinho stood out once again and Iā€™m sure he might be first name on the midfield teamsheet now. Trent was incredible, what a performance from the lad! Mo still finding his way but he worked his socks off and caused problems without that little bit of luck (plus he makes a LOT of space for Trent). The dhole back four with Fab in front were imperious and great to see VVD grab a couple of goals. And again Allison with a couple of important saves to preserve the clean sheet. Also nice to see Divock grab a goal with a nice finish, he was solid in that left hand side role.

My first trip to Anfield this season, I fookin love the VVD song, had me phone out to learn the words! Crowd in great voice last night (I sound like Chris Rhea today!) with the Kop belting out full reportoiure of songs from the last 30 years
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2019 12:35:31 pm by Scottbot »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #421: Feb 28, 2019 09:54:31 am
      are you still convinced that playing Milner instead of Trent on Sunday made no difference? ;-)

100% - right back was not our issue on Sunday.

Last night he was brilliant though. His best delivery performance of the season by far.

Which is much more relevant.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #422: Feb 28, 2019 10:08:15 am
      100% - right back was not our issue on Sunday.

Last night he was brilliant though. His best delivery performance of the season by far.

Which is much more relevant.

So you didn't notice any difference between the movement, passes and most importantly crosses from Trent last night and Milner's on Sunday, WOW! You my friend are either to proud to admit you were wrong or genuinely do not understand the importance of Trent as RB.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #423: Feb 28, 2019 10:12:29 am
      So you didn't notice any difference between the movement, passes and most importantly crosses from Trent last night and Milner's on Sunday, WOW! You my friend are either to proud to admit you were wrong or genuinely do not understand the importance of Trent as RB.

maybe Trent not playing on Sunday allowed him to perform like he did last night. Having just got back from injury two games in 4 days is a lot. Maybe JĆ¼rgen knows better.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #424: Feb 28, 2019 10:17:48 am
      watched the highlights 3 times so far got to say superb but there can be no better sight than 11 Livepool players coming off the pitch with a massive smile on their faces
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #425: Feb 28, 2019 10:20:26 am
      maybe Trent not playing on Sunday allowed him to perform like he did last night. Having just got back from injury two games in 4 days is a lot. Maybe JĆ¼rgen knows better.

That is a possibility I admit, but was not my point. Scotia claims there is no difference between playing Milner at RB and Trent! Now based on the evidence from Sunday and yesterday that is fairly clearly bollocks, in a defensive sense there may not be that much difference, although I still rate Trent higher, but in an attacking sense, WOW poles apart.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #426: Feb 28, 2019 10:21:10 am

Of course it was an improvement BUT I fully recognise that two games against different opponents do not add up to four.

Do you recognise that Watford offered him the whole of the right hand side to plunder - Utd did not. He had very little defensive work to do whereas Utd put a lot down that side (wouldā€™ve been more HAD Rashford been 100%).

I have said repeatedly I think TAA is our best RB. Iā€™ve also said that RB wasnā€™t the issue Sunday.

My suggestion was that the boss was probably saving him to get the best out of the squad and highest points return over the rest of the season - does that mean Iā€™m bob on, you know, given the result last night?

No-one knows - he couldā€™ve played Sunday, got exposed by Rashford / Lukaku and then got injured as well.......

In that form TAA is an enormous asset and playing like that is a threat.

Iā€™d rather - fully fit - he played until he doesnā€™t merit a place.

Please - just take a day off from the relentless narcissism eh?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #427: Feb 28, 2019 10:24:03 am
      Of course it was an improvement BUT I fully recognise that two games against different opponents do not add up to four.

Do you recognise that Watford offered him the whole of the right hand side to plunder - Utd did not. He had very little defensive work to do whereas Utd put a lot down that side (wouldā€™ve been more HAD Rashford been 100%).

I have said repeatedly I think TAA is our best RB. Iā€™ve also said that RB wasnā€™t the issue Sunday.

My suggestion was that the boss was probably saving him to get the best out of the squad and highest points return over the rest of the season - does that mean Iā€™m bob on, you know, given the result last night?

No-one knows - he couldā€™ve played Sunday, got exposed by Rashford / Lukaku and then got injured as well.......

;D, to insecure to admit you were wrong, how sad. Of course Trent would have offered us more going forwards on Sunday, if you can't see this then there really is no point discussing football with you as you have no clue, I don't mean that in a nasty sense but honestly there is then just no reference point.

BTW the problem on Sunday was that we created very little, do you really not see that some of those crosses form Trent might have helped, how about some of the overlapping runs he did with Salah, would they also not have helped? Your point might be valid if we were constantly under pressure and being pushed back by Manure in that game but we weren't.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #428: Feb 28, 2019 10:26:06 am
      Absolutely sparkling performance from the lads. Don't even know where to start with quality individual efforts let alone the team. VVD, Mane, Fabinho, Robertson and even Salah without a goal were just fantastic, but what a performance from the young lad Trent Arnold. So good to have him back to his best and I have to say that was his best performance in a Liverpool shirt. Even apologized at one point to the attackers after putting in a superb cross that nobody got on the end of, brilliant mentality and motm for me and everyone else it seems.

Seems like we got the heavy metal back between our teeth.
      Sounds painful.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #429: Feb 28, 2019 10:29:57 am

if your lucky he might put you on ignore and find someone else to argue with because he has to argue with someone ...constantly. On a great day you always find someone wanting to take away from the internet joy so they can talk about themselves
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #430: Feb 28, 2019 10:36:38 am

Thanks Bud, I did find it. What a display. We rolled them over from start to finish.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #431: Feb 28, 2019 10:38:29 am
      ;D, to insecure to admit you were wrong, how sad. Of course Trent would have offered us more going forwards on Sunday, if you can't see this then there really is no point discussing football with you as you have no clue, I don't mean that in a nasty sense but honestly there is then just no reference point.

BTW the problem on Sunday was that we created very little, do you really not see that some of those crosses form Trent might have helped, how about some of the overlapping runs he did with Salah, would they also not have helped? Your point might be valid if we were constantly under pressure and being pushed back by Manure in that game but we weren't.

Aye ok - having my football knowledge insulted by you is a privilege.

By the way - itā€™s ā€œtoo insecureā€.

See ya.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #432: Feb 28, 2019 10:39:57 am

Think the problem on Sunday was how conservative and compact united were in defence and how we failed to stretch them out.

Yesterday our fullbacks were able to get high and wide, allowing more space across the front three, this was helped by the way Watford set up as well as our own play.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #433: Feb 28, 2019 10:55:58 am

Trent would have struggled facing a fit Rasford & Sane has caused Trent problems down that side, why do you think the Boss went with Milner..?

When City beat us which side did the goals & threat come from?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #434: Feb 28, 2019 11:00:30 am
      Think the problem on Sunday was how conservative and compact united were in defence and how we failed to stretch them out.

Yesterday our fullbacks were able to get high and wide, allowing more space across the front three, this was helped by the way Watford set up as well as our own play.

They were able to get high and wide because they had the ability and pace to get high and wide, there was no reason why we could not have done that against Manure, apart from playing a fairly slow and immobile midfielder at RB instead of one of the best RB's in the league.
      I really find it astonishing that I'm even having to debate this point when its so damned obvious, but enough of this I'll just have to agree to disagree with you guys on this and lets just bask in the glory of a very satisfying win, that's the main thing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #435: Feb 28, 2019 11:03:55 am
      Trent would have struggled facing a fit Rasford & Sane has caused Trent problems down that side, why do you think the Boss went with Milner..?

When City beat us which side did the goals & threat come from?

but Rashford wasn't fit was he? and like F**k would he have struggled, he certainly hasn't against Sane in most games whereas Milner definitely struggles against pace or did I just have a nightmare about Zaha skipping past him on several occasions. I honestly don't know why Klopp went with Milner, either Trent was a bit injured, or tired after recently coming back, or Klopp made one of his thankfully rare mistakes, along with not playing a more attacking midfield.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #436: Feb 28, 2019 11:07:20 am
      So we win and be troll just wants to drag up the weekend match as if last night result justifys his point

Quick Reply