Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      70 (58.3%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      14 (11.7%)
       Fabinho
      19 (15.8%)
      James Milner
      4 (3.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      10 (8.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (0.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Voting closed: Mar 03, 2019 09:51:17 pm

Liverpool 5-0 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23814 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Re: Liverpool 5-0 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Feb 28, 2019 11:13:13 am
      So we win and be troll just wants to drag up the weekend match as if last night result justifys his point

Yup. Thatā€™s narcissism for ya.

Reality is a prisoner.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #438: Feb 28, 2019 12:00:08 pm
      Dear Mr Gracia,
      If you give a team like ours that much time and space we will slaughter you.

Kind Regards,
      LFC fans.

TAA MOTM
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #439: Feb 28, 2019 12:11:51 pm
      but Rashford wasn't fit was he? and like f**k would he have struggled, he certainly hasn't against Sane in most games whereas Milner definitely struggles against pace or did I just have a nightmare about Zaha skipping past him on several occasions. I honestly don't know why Klopp went with Milner, either Trent was a bit injured, or tired after recently coming back, or Klopp made one of his thankfully rare mistakes, along with not playing a more attacking midfield.

Why don't you go look for the answers yourself?

Klopp: ā€œJust because Trent was out for a while, played the last game and we have two games coming up,ā€ the manager said, when asked to explain his starting line-up.

ā€œI donā€™t like to think too much about the games coming up usually, but itā€™s pretty much the first moment in the season for while that we could make a decision with Millie and we will need Trent in the next weeks very much."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/339271-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-manchester-united-team-selection

Anyway, back to celebrating one of our best performances of the season, and a very timely one at that...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #440: Feb 28, 2019 01:29:40 pm
      So it was good replacing Hendo with Milner the attacking from midfield made all the difference. Or was it the crosses from Trent and Andy I wonder. No problem tonight with creativity and it came from the route the team is set up for.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #441: Feb 28, 2019 01:30:32 pm
      100% - right back was not our issue on Sunday.

Last night he was brilliant though. His best delivery performance of the season by far.

Which is much more relevant.

Trent might not have been as good last night if he was played Sunday.

Klopp said all along 3 games in a week was too much for him after his Injury.

So for me Klopp got it spot on.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #442: Feb 28, 2019 01:36:51 pm
      What a game eh?

A few days makes all the difference. Another clean sheet, believe that's more than we have goals conceded?

Another 5 goal route. Trent played really well, Andy played really well, hell everyone played really well.

And we stayed on top while cutting into that GD.

Life is good, what could anyone possibly have to be negative about.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #443: Feb 28, 2019 01:39:31 pm
      So it was good replacing Hendo with Milner the attacking from midfield made all the difference. Or was it the crosses from Trent and Andy I wonder. No problem tonight with creativity and it came from the route the team is set up for.

It was the way Watford set up mate.

Their midfield was too far from the defense, and too narrow.
      They tried to use Deulofeu to stop Robertson raiding down their right, but Origi pretty much negated that by staying wide all match.
      They thought Deulofeu could do 2 jobs; push Roberston back and negate his attacking, plus get in behind us to put crosses in.
      It worked to an extent, but not well enough.
      They neglected their left side, which meant we continuously created overloads down that side.
      I don't know if they considered Robertson the greater threat, but giving that much time and space to a player who can deliver a ball like TAA can is madness.
      I expected them to be better organised, but with our midfield 3 rotating, they didn't know who to pick up, and dropped deeper (but still not deep enough to really protect the back 4).

Of course we still had to take advantage of the opportunity presented to us, but we did that in style.
      We were ruthless.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #444: Feb 28, 2019 01:41:24 pm

They were able to get high and wide because they had the ability and pace to get high and wide, there was no reason why we could not have done that against Manure, apart from playing a fairly slow and immobile midfielder at RB instead of one of the best RB's in the league.
      I really find it astonishing that I'm even having to debate this point when its so damned obvious, but enough of this I'll just have to agree to disagree with you guys on this and lets just bask in the glory of a very satisfying win, that's the main thing.

Mate, I agree that Trent should have started against UTD but you cannot put yesterdays performance down to purely Trent replacing Milly at RB, while I agree Trent offers an enormous amount more going forward, it was, in fact, Milner's ability to fill in when either Robbo or Trant got forward and high enough.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #445: Feb 28, 2019 02:08:05 pm
      Trent might not have been as good last night if he was played Sunday.

Klopp said all along 3 games in a week was too much for him after his Injury.

So for me Klopp got it spot on.

I'd rather we played our best RB against Manure and rested him yesterday, if needed, or does beating Manure not appeal to you? Anyway bored of this, I could say the Pope is Catholic and some of you fuckers would disagree with me!!! ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #446: Feb 28, 2019 02:10:18 pm
      Mate, I agree that Trent should have started against UTD but you cannot put yesterdays performance down to purely Trent replacing Milly at RB, while I agree Trent offers an enormous amount more going forward, it was, in fact, Milner's ability to fill in when either Robbo or Trant got forward and high enough.

Its not just down to Trent but it sure as hell helped, I think Milner playing in midfield instead of Hendo also helped actually as Milner is generally far more positive in his play and looks to move the ball forwards and even, shock horror, dribble with the ball!!!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #447: Feb 28, 2019 02:16:06 pm
      Wow, what a performance and what a result. We really needed that to give us a much needed confidence boost.

I'll be honest, seeing the starting line up I was quite nervous going into this game. I didn't like the look of our midfield and I'd have played Keita ahead of Milner personally (if he's fit enough to be on the bench then he's fit enough to start in my old fashioned opinion). I'd have also gone with shaqiri instead of origi too.

Anyway, nothing much to say really because from the first minute we completely dominated the game. We played some excellent football and scored some brilliant goals. Defensively we were sound as usual so it was just the perfect, textbook performance.

Special mention to young Trent who made three assists, the youngest player to ever do so in a Prem game I believe, what an achievement. I can't help but think we might have gotten a win at old Trafford if Trent had played considering the amount of time and space Milner found himself in at times.

Great to see mane and van dijk bag a brace each but I'm extra pleased for divock who scored a great goal. We might end up needing him with this run in so hopefully he's bouncing and full of confidence after that.

Slight concern would be Salah who had moments of brilliance as usual but I think he's trying just a little bit too hard at the moment rather than keeping things basic and simple. Hes gotten a bit greedy too and he just needs to chill out a little bit.

Well done reds. We needed three points and we got them in style. Now we move on to the Derby. Those idiots across the park are going to be fired up for this one so we need to come racing out of the traps and put them in their place early. Massive game.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #448: Feb 28, 2019 02:43:55 pm
      Superb team performance, with special mentions to Virgil, Fabinho, Mane and Trent although the whole team was fantastic.

Can someone tell me again how starting Trent instead of Milner against Manure would have made no difference ;-)

That was exactly the result we needed whilst Citeh huffed and puffed again to win their match, I sense momentum shifting again.

Try to think for just a bit instead of just rushing to your keyboard. Perhaps not having started a game for 5 weeks prior to Bayern meant that he could not come back and play 3 games in a week. Perhaps the reason he looked so good last night is because he was "eased" back in and given proper rest since his last game. After a 5-week layoff, how do you know he would have played against United the way he did against Watford when he only would have had a few day's rest?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #449: Feb 28, 2019 04:09:47 pm
      I'd rather we played our best RB against Manure and rested him yesterday, if needed, or does beating Manure not appeal to you? Anyway bored of this, I could say the Pope is Catholic and some of you fuckers would disagree with me!!! ;-)

I get what your saying with playing best v manure.

But Klopp and fitness guys decided against it, for the good of the player and the good of the rest of the season.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #450: Feb 28, 2019 04:14:12 pm
      We duel too much in the past, just look at the future. 10 more wins.

MOTM Trent, then Mane, Origi, Salah, VVD and Robertson. To be honest, whole team played brilliantly. Keep it up.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #451: Feb 28, 2019 04:26:07 pm
       Man I was so tried last night keep dozing off the last 15 mins of the game. Had to grab some sleep
      So sorry if I repeat anything anyone has said...

Last nights game is the way we should have approached the Utd, out our foot on their jugular and squeeze...

Origi played wide as he should,adds pace and can go pass people. That was the main mistake made v.s. Utd bring on Sturrigde as opposed to Origi...

The other was not playing TAA. The Lad give us a different dimension going for ward the Milner just can not. His delivery from crosses was superb

Made up with VVD brace, but would have like to see Keita on the score sheet. He needs that confidence boost a goal or two will give

This is the way we need to be playing every game from now til the end of the season

Well done lads
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #452: Feb 28, 2019 04:31:32 pm
      Man I was so tried last night keep dozing off the last 15 mins of the game. Had to grab some sleep
      So sorry if I repeat anything anyone has said...

Last nights game is the way we should have approached the Utd, out our foot on their jugular and squeeze...

Origi played wide as he should,adds pace and can go pass people. That was the main mistake made v.s. Utd bring on Sturrigde as opposed to Origi...

The other was not playing TAA. The Lad give us a different dimension going for ward the Milner just can not. His delivery from crosses was superb

Made up with VVD brace, but would have like to see Keita on the score sheet. He needs that confidence boost a goal or two will give

This is the way we need to be playing every game from now til the end of the season

Well done lads

Apparently according to several wise people on here there is absolutely no difference between playing Milner and Trent at RB, when I suggested otherwise I was accused of being a narcissist!!! When it was pointed out that Trent can only play Utd or Watford I stated that if true I would have preferred him to have played against Utd.

Anyway the main thing is that it was a fantastic performance and its exactly how we need to play the remaining games, with no fear and attack attack attack!
      Harrisimo

• 7,971 posts | 1356 
      Reply #453: Feb 28, 2019 04:40:22 pm
      Apparently according to several wise people on here there is absolutely no difference between playing Milner and Trent at RB, when I suggested otherwise I was accused of being a narcissist!!! When it was pointed out that Trent can only play Utd or Watford I stated that if true I would have preferred him to have played against Utd.

Anyway the main thing is that it was a fantastic performance and its exactly how we need to play the remaining games, with no fear and attack attack attack!

Can only be a fitness thing with TAA at the moment. We don't know what advice Klopp is getting from his fitness people.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #454: Feb 28, 2019 04:40:59 pm
      What a game eh?

Life is good, what could anyone possibly have to be negative about.

That will be like a challenge for the usual suspects.  Top of the league 10 games to go lets count them down life is good
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #455: Feb 28, 2019 04:44:49 pm
      That will be like a challenge for the usual suspects.  Top of the league 10 games to go lets count them down life is good

If you are referring to me then I'm not negative at all, I'm delighted with the win yesterday, just slightly miffed that I think we might have been able to beat Utd as well but hey ho, we move on.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #456: Feb 28, 2019 04:48:15 pm
      If you are referring to me then I'm not negative at all, I'm delighted with the win yesterday, just slightly miffed that I think we might have been able to beat Utd as well but hey ho, we move on.

but that's the thing, you don't move on. Here we are on the 16th page of the Watford game thread and you're still banging on your TAA-United crap that happened 4 days ago. JFC.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #457: Feb 28, 2019 04:59:55 pm
      I can't stop thinking about the Fabinho tackle on Deulofeu.

Our midfield's been screaming out for a player like this for a long time. Colossus.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #458: Feb 28, 2019 05:08:34 pm

Sent Deulofeu into next weeks fixture 😂
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #459: Feb 28, 2019 05:33:12 pm

Our midfield's been screaming out for a player like this for a long time. Colossus.

Yep, much like VVD he has become a magnet to the bull when we are defending. His progress over the last 2 months has been rapid. Looks to be yet another stellar signing under Klopp-Edwards. They can do no wrong itā€™s seems! Long May it continue

Quick Reply