Trending Topics

Next match: Burnley v LFC [Premier League] Wed 19th May @ 8:15 pm
      Turf Moor

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D4 L3

The mental health thread

Read 18431 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,414 posts | 2569 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: The mental health thread
      Reply #100: Dec 08, 2020 03:08:41 pm
      Don't mind admitting I spoke to the Samaritans last night. Will call gp tomorrow as I know I have had this companion for a while and I need help. Will also contact local authority regarding the tenancy on the house to see where I stand and will live. Loneliness is the biggest fear long term, just want this virus to go now.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,320 posts | 3901 
      Reply #101: Dec 08, 2020 03:48:16 pm
      Don't mind admitting I spoke to the Samaritans last night. Will call gp tomorrow as I know I have had this companion for a while and I need help. Will also contact local authority regarding the tenancy on the house to see where I stand and will live. Loneliness is the biggest fear long term, just want this virus to go now.

It’s a start by talking to someone, not healthy holding it all in, hopefully you will stay in your current house... there is light at the end of the tunnel regarding the virus & once its safe to travel I’ll drive down for the day to share a pint with you mate..

YNWA..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,414 posts | 2569 
      Reply #102: Dec 08, 2020 04:09:14 pm
      It’s a start by talking to someone, not healthy holding it all in, hopefully you will stay in your current house... there is light at the end of the tunnel regarding the virus & once its safe to travel I’ll drive down for the day to share a pint with you mate..

YNWA..

You really are too kind. Thanks so much.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,253 posts | 4004 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #103: Dec 09, 2020 03:10:56 pm

YNWA..

I'll pick you up on the way down there then 😉
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,320 posts | 3901 
      Reply #104: Dec 09, 2020 04:02:58 pm
      I'll pick you up on the way down there then 😉

Deal.. be nice to see your mug again & if it happens do you fancy a stop at Mick’s..?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,400 posts | 1229 
      Reply #105: Dec 10, 2020 09:39:48 pm
      Just reading through this, so sorry to hear what you’re going through FK. Glad you reached out to the Samaritans and your gp, PM me if you need to chat
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,414 posts | 2569 
      Reply #106: Dec 10, 2020 10:49:04 pm
      Deal.. be nice to see your mug again & if it happens do you fancy a stop at Mick’s..?

A forum trip down to the 'muff ? What could go wrong. Went to pharmacy to pick up medication but not ready.  Went to hospital and dad has sepsis and Infected gall bladder. Bless him.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,414 posts | 2569 
      Reply #107: Dec 11, 2020 09:45:48 am
      Great day,  my brother who has been brilliant had a massive row with his wife and come over and now have been told that I can have the tenancy but not the property. I am only entitled to one bedroom not two but plymouth community homes would be duty bound to find somewhere for me if I don't go private.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,320 posts | 3901 
      Reply #108: Dec 11, 2020 10:46:18 am
      Great day,  my brother who has been brilliant had a massive row with his wife and come over and now have been told that I can have the tenancy but not the property. I am only entitled to one bedroom not two but plymouth community homes would be duty bound to find somewhere for me if I don't go private.

That’s brilliant news on the tenancy, now you need to relax a bit more & concentrate on yourself, it’s also good your brother is there with you sharing the responsibility..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,414 posts | 2569 
      Reply #109: Dec 11, 2020 11:05:45 am
      That’s brilliant news on the tenancy, now you need to relax a bit more & concentrate on yourself, it’s also good your brother is there with you sharing the responsibility..

Yeah, won't be homeless. Would love to stay here but it's two bedrooms an only one of me. Hopefully I could ask them for a location on public transport routes as I don't drive and need it for work long term.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 630 posts | 486 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #110: Dec 11, 2020 10:16:59 pm
      FK, just read all about your problems about your Dad, I am so very sorry, you've had some wonderful advice from posters on here and I'd just like to say how lucky we are to have such a place where we can discuss our problems, I'm not a religious person but I'm praying for you and I will hold a place in my heart for your Dad, I lost mine 2 years ago, so I know what your going through, we are all here for you, look after yourself and please take care xx
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,414 posts | 2569 
      Reply #111: Dec 11, 2020 10:59:43 pm
      Thanks all. Really appreciated.  Hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,414 posts | 2569 
      Reply #112: Dec 12, 2020 04:28:07 am
      Dad passed away this morning. Just lost for words, I know he's now at peace. Really not sure if I the energy any more. Just feel helpless,  hopeless and alone.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,594 posts | 1397 
      Reply #113: Dec 12, 2020 07:18:27 am
      Dad passed away this morning. Just lost for words, I know he's now at peace. Really not sure if I the energy any more. Just feel helpless,  hopeless and alone.
      Sorry to hear pal hang in there mate there’s always a light at the end of tunnel. YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,043 posts | 1253 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #114: Dec 12, 2020 07:20:37 am

Sounds like you've had a harrowing few months with all your problems surrounding your dad. Reading through the thread all I see is a great son who did everything possible to not only give him some quality of life for the remaining time but made show  he was comfortable in anyway you could.

Id be well proud of you if you were my son. Looks like you have plenty of mates on here to help you through these terrible times.  God bless him and may he Rest In Peace.

In true fashion these words mean everything. YNWA with members like you have on here to help you through what is a very difficult time.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,320 posts | 3901 
      Reply #115: Dec 12, 2020 10:07:28 am

Sorry for your loss mate, dad would be proud of you for being with him at his most difficult days, you were his rock & you should be proud of yourself.. Dads at peace now & he is with mum chatting about how they raised a beautiful lad.

You have some testing days ahead of you with funeral arrangements, be strong & give Dad the send off he deserves & then start to slowly rebuild yourself mate..

We are here for you..

YNWA..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,414 posts | 2569 
      Reply #116: Dec 12, 2020 10:32:20 am
      Again, thank you all. So many wonderful memories. Struggling with the notion that I could and should have done more. He was obviously so poorly by the end I feel I should have done more . The pain is just horrific. Just don't know where I go from here. I know He is at peace now. Perhaps it's good that I can't stay here. Keep expecting to hear him. Why does life have to be so sh*t. Never wanted much out of life, just to be happy. I am now alone, my only companion is this black dog that appears to be the only constant in life.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 630 posts | 486 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #117: Dec 12, 2020 09:25:39 pm
      Again, thank you all. So many wonderful memories. Struggling with the notion that I could and should have done more. He was obviously so poorly by the end I feel I should have done more . The pain is just horrific. Just don't know where I go from here. I know He is at peace now. Perhaps it's good that I can't stay here. Keep expecting to hear him. Why does life have to be so sh*t. Never wanted much out of life, just to be happy. I am now alone, my only companion is this black dog that appears to be the only constant in life.

So very very sorry for your loss hun, it's just horrible isn't it, I promise you things will eventually get better but it does take time, be kind to yourself, massive hugs  :hug: always here for you xxx YNWA
      bigbob75
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 861 posts | 175 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #118: Dec 12, 2020 09:37:43 pm

Sorry to hear about your lose mate. Hope you can grieve and get through the pain as best you can.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,414 posts | 2569 
      Reply #119: Dec 13, 2020 04:33:48 pm
      Brother has been brilliant but dad didn't do a will and has a bit of money in his account.  Brother talking about making himself the administrator, giving money to charity,  no doubt his step kids, feel awful for saying this. I will have to pay for the funeral in the meantime and the cost of moving etc. All the things like bills, direct debits to sort etc. Anxiety through the roof  know it's my fault for not sorting a will and being happy to let dad pay the bills while I paid for day to day stuff and half the council tax etc. Head is spinning
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,253 posts | 4004 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #120: Dec 14, 2020 03:17:30 pm
      Brother has been brilliant but dad didn't do a will and has a bit of money in his account.  Brother talking about making himself the administrator, giving money to charity,  no doubt his step kids, feel awful for saying this. I will have to pay for the funeral in the meantime and the cost of moving etc. All the things like bills, direct debits to sort etc. Anxiety through the roof  know it's my fault for not sorting a will and being happy to let dad pay the bills while I paid for day to day stuff and half the council tax etc. Head is spinning

First of all, very sorry to hear this. I lost mine just over 12 months ago so please do hit me up for any advice. My dad also didn't leave a will but money he had in his bank paid for the funeral so try not to let all these things worry you.

Really do message me if you need anything in terms of advice or even a chat with someone who's just had to go through what you are now going through. No problem exchanging numbers.

It's absolutely sh*t what you're going through but keep your head up. It will get better.

YNWA
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,253 posts | 4004 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #121: Dec 14, 2020 03:48:45 pm
      I think it's important to add that, from what you've posted, it's very apparent that you done him proud. Never forget that.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,414 posts | 2569 
      Reply #122: Dec 14, 2020 04:29:01 pm
      First of all, very sorry to hear this. I lost mine just over 12 months ago so please do hit me up for any advice. My dad also didn't leave a will but money he had in his bank paid for the funeral so try not to let all these things worry you.

Really do message me if you need anything in terms of advice or even a chat with someone who's just had to go through what you are now going through. No problem exchanging numbers.

It's absolutely sh*t what you're going through but keep your head up. It will get better.

YNWA

Thank you. It's just the thought of sorting out his stuff and the hassle of having to move out on top of everything.  Anxiety is through the roof so I am taking it pretty much hour by hour
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,253 posts | 4004 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #123: Dec 14, 2020 04:34:06 pm
      Thank you. It's just the thought of sorting out his stuff and the hassle of having to move out on top of everything.  Anxiety is through the roof so I am taking it pretty much hour by hour

When my anxiety went through the roof after my dad passed I got on The CBD oil and wouldnt be without it now. Helped me, massively, with anxiety and sleep.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,414 posts | 2569 
      Reply #124: Dec 14, 2020 04:49:14 pm
      When my anxiety went through the roof after my dad passed I got on The CBD oil and wouldnt be without it now. Helped me, massively, with anxiety and sleep.

Got prescribed sertraline as I haven't great for a while. Took me years to pluck up the courage.  Will see how it goes.

Quick Reply