Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

The mental health thread

Read 39328 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: The mental health thread
      Reply #161: Feb 15, 2023 07:29:01 am
      I’ve always been able to keep a pretty good handle on things in life, managed to find ways to cope with things. But my other half has just left me and to be perfectly honest - I’m close to spiralling down a very dark path. She was my everything.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #162: Feb 15, 2023 07:47:04 am
      I’ve always been able to keep a pretty good handle on things in life, managed to find ways to cope with things. But my other half has just left me and to be perfectly honest - I’m close to spiralling down a very dark path. She was my everything.

That’s crap mate and always a hard one to deal with. It’s happened to me twice with kids involved and is incredibly hard at first, I won’t lie. My only advice is that there is someone better out there which I also found. But whatever you do, do not drink too much to numb the pain as it only makes you feel worse and you won’t find that better person being a drunken mess. Exercise to make yourself feel good physically and mentally and everything else will fall into place. Good luck 👍🏼
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #163: Feb 15, 2023 08:54:47 am

Break ups used to hit me hard - it took me a while to register that you can speak to people about it

Have a look at things like cognitive behaviour therapy to see if it can help you think about things in a better way

Don’t be afraid to reach out to docs etc and of course there will be people on here who can help being a sounding board for you
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #164: Feb 15, 2023 09:27:56 am

Hey mate. I've been in a similar position. My missus went off with someone else. No kids at that time fortunately.

But I spiralled down a very dark path with landed me in hospital .... and another hospital which I wasn't allowed to leave. I still can't get life insurance. I drank ... and it was awful. Nowadays I'm married and have a little boy. But at times I still suffer.

Never beat yourself over it. Please talk to friends, family ... or someone who is trained to help with these things. Because I promise you that things will get better and there are people out there who do care about you and want you to be OK.

Something like this isn't an easy road. There's good days ... and alot of bad. Set yourself little targets ... go for a walk ... get yourself a new album. Rediscover something you used to love. I promise you will get there. Don't suffer alone ...

My dog bless her was there in some of my darkest times. As it happens she's just short of 17 now and she's quite unwell. I was taking her the vets yesterday really worried and we looked at eachother and I remembered those times when I was a mess and she never left my side. There's nothing better than knowing you got through it. People will help you mate. Don't shut yourself off.

Look after yourself mate.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #165: Feb 15, 2023 09:49:50 am

That’s very sad to hear KK. It’s amazing how you can work out a portfolio of people  when they’ve  been a member a while. Always had you down as very balanced with your views and also respectful to none Liverpool fans.

I can only hope things work out for you going forward. Been in your position myself so know what your going through and yes it’s a dark path. I came through it and you certainly have what it takes to come through the other side judging on how you act/post on here.

My feelings go out to you and hopefully in time you get back to your former self. Hopefully the forum can help take your mind of other matters till you do.

Wishing you well KK….
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #166: Feb 15, 2023 10:22:54 am

Sorry to hear that mate, I had the same experience a few years back before meeting my current partner. It is a horrible thing to have happen especially when unexpected. You have a good head on your shoulders and will get through it. Definitely speak to your GP and if you can get talking therapy that can also help. I would recommend mindfulness. I think of it as preparation for the worst day of your life and I've had a few of them in the recent past.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1585 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #167: Feb 15, 2023 05:07:17 pm

Ben, I am so sad to hear your news  :( you've already been given some excellent advice by others who have been through similar, so take everything on board but take your time with it all and don't rush into anything rashly.

Your red family are here to help and support you whenever you need us, sending much love to you and big hugs  :hug:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #168: Feb 15, 2023 07:21:51 pm

sh*t man. Prayers for you, I'm sure nothing I can say would help at all but keep your head up, try to stay positive and know that even though some of us are thousands of miles away, we hope for the best for you and hate to see fellow reds take it on the chin. Better days will come.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #169: Feb 15, 2023 07:34:19 pm
      Keep the head up KK.

Not been through a bad break up but definitely been in some dark times and head space in my life.

So if you need to talk to anyone, my inbox is always open.

Things do get better, keep that in your mind.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #170: Feb 15, 2023 10:02:02 pm
      Thank you all for the replies, it means a lot. I just can’t get my head around it, it was so out of the blue, I didn’t see it coming.

I’ve spent the entire day crumbling. - I haven’t eaten for 2 days- and I haven’t slept. My head is pounding, my eyes are stinging and the bottle of whiskey looks appealing.
      « Last Edit: Feb 15, 2023 10:11:09 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3393 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #171: Feb 15, 2023 10:19:15 pm

So sorry to hear that mate, about six  months ago I had reached the end of the line, basically I wanted to end it all  bereavement,  work pressure,  covid,  moving house had pushed me to the brink. I reached out and got help and the last few months have been the best I have felt in years. Take your time  , talk to people and take care of yourself.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #172: Feb 15, 2023 10:29:01 pm
      Thank you all for the replies, it means a lot. I just can’t get my head around it, it was so out of the blue, I didn’t see it coming.

I’ve spent the entire day crumbling. - I haven’t eaten for 2 days- and I haven’t slept. My head is pounding, my eyes are stinging and the bottle of whiskey looks appealing.

Never had that happen to me mate so can't advise you on how to deal with it.

Like many though I've had my moments with my mental health and as a few have said if it helps at all my inbox is always open.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,276 posts | 762 
      Reply #173: Feb 15, 2023 11:24:14 pm

Simply keep going mate, one day things will look up, although easy to say, anyway take care of yourself.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #174: Feb 15, 2023 11:32:37 pm

Don’t really know what to say to make things feel better for you but hang in there and as others have said reach out if you can to someone who you can discuss things with.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #175: Feb 19, 2023 08:04:56 pm

Not heard from you for a few days KK. Hope your holding up.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #176: Feb 25, 2023 12:33:42 am
      Not heard from you for a few days KK. Hope your holding up.

I’m hanging in there at the moment just about - this morning was a big struggle and sleep is a thing of the past and the weight is dropping off me but I’m currently back in America now with some family so I can be away from all triggers and hopefully get myself in a bit of a better way.

Sorry to Cas, Dave, John and everyone else who has messaged me. I will get back to all of you soon, I’m just having a bit of a time out from my phone/laptop etc.

It means a lot everyone who has reached out.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #177: Feb 25, 2023 01:15:53 am
      I’m hanging in there at the moment just about - this morning was a big struggle and sleep is a thing of the past and the weight is dropping off me but I’m currently back in America now with some family so I can be away from all triggers and hopefully get myself in a bit of a better way.

Sorry to Cas, Dave, John and everyone else who has messaged me. I will get back to all of you soon, I’m just having a bit of a time out from my phone/laptop etc.

Where at in the states if you don’t mind me asking?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #178: Feb 25, 2023 02:15:50 am

Look after yourself buddy.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #179: Feb 25, 2023 06:18:12 pm

Glad to hear from you here! Thinking of you buddy and remember YNWA.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1585 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #180: Feb 25, 2023 10:36:26 pm

Thinking of you Ben, take as much time as you need to get your head together, glad you've got family around you, take it easy hun  :hug: :hug:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,016 posts | 2089 
      Reply #181: Feb 26, 2023 11:03:55 pm

Missed this as I've been a bit inactive on this site but I and everyone else on here are absolutely with you on this. It's utterly cruel and a deep wound for sure but it will heal - this moment will pass mate. I'm sure we all feel it even more because you're simply one of the best things about this forum and god knows many of us would be long gone if it weren't for people like you. You're absolutely brilliant.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #182: Feb 27, 2023 10:39:28 pm

It's quite easy to believe you're buried but most of the time you've actually been planted.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3393 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #183: Feb 27, 2023 10:56:54 pm

Take care of yourself mate

Quick Reply