The mental health thread

Read 931 times
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 7,752 posts | 1003 
      Re: The mental health thread
      Reply #25: May 04, 2019 10:50:17 pm
      It's been about a month since I last posted. I'm doing and feeling better than I was four weeks ago. Thanks to anybody who replied to my post or sent me a direct message, it meant a lot.

Glad you’re feeling better pal, keep at it and hopefully in a week you will see the reds lifting the title!!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,298 posts | 491 
      Reply #26: May 04, 2019 11:35:18 pm
      It's been about a month since I last posted. I'm doing and feeling better than I was four weeks ago. Thanks to anybody who replied to my post or sent me a direct message, it meant a lot.
      Glad your feeling much better mate & your starting to get back on your feet
      I could relate to what you where going through with the affair business but time is a great healer it really is,it’s good too read you have ironed out your differences with your dad as family is important especially at times like this.
      Do get back posting on these boards as trying to normalise yourself does help & besides we’ve already lost some great posters as it is.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,546 posts | 202 
      Reply #27: May 30, 2019 09:47:14 am
      Just found this thread and was a very good read.

I’ve always had anxiety since school but to the level I could manage without actually seeing a doctor.
      I left my small retail job in December, and started at Aldi at the beginning of May and it just tipped me over the edge.
      Panic attacks, vomiting, migraines etc before every shift and extreme anxiety during my shifts until on Sunday I cracked and physically couldn’t go back and had to confess to my family and girl I was really struggling.

Visited a doctor yesterday and they diagnosed me with generalised anxiety disorder. Prescribed me some medication and have signed me up for an healthy mind program that starts soon. So hopefully this will be a big help, because even though beforehand it was manageable it was tiring everyday living with it. You start doubting the people closest to you, doubting my girlfriend who is the most honest, loyal and open person ever was the last straw for me, I knew my brain was messing with me.

But yeah what a great relief it is to have it out in the open, everyone has been great about it and now hopefully I can improve it.

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,808 posts | 382 
      Reply #28: Jun 27, 2019 10:31:14 pm
      Very sorry to read thru the thread. Hope all can see their way thru and get mentally stronger.

My own story is luckily not a mental health problem but it might help those that do have problems.Due to a screw up when I was in hospital with a bowl problem I was left bleeding for days on end with no treatment.I lost so much blood it has left me in 18 hours a day nerve pain.It's very difficult thing to live with and none of the drugs work. The problem is called Burning Mouth Syndrome. The pain is with me from dawn to dusk.

People ask me how I cope with it and my only answer is I live in the moment.I never think how bad will it get. If I thought about tomorrow or to far ahead it would be difficult to accept that I have all that pain to come. I know I can cope, I know I have the mental strength to cope with it.

That's the thing.All the people with mental health problems I suppose it's easy to say stay positivebut try and stay in the moment but that's the way I cope with pain.Good luck anyway.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,318 posts | 1746 
      Reply #29: Jun 28, 2019 09:53:47 am
      Very sorry to read thru the thread. Hope all can see their way thru and get mentally stronger.

My own story is luckily not a mental health problem but it might help those that do have problems.Due to a screw up when I was in hospital with a bowl problem I was left bleeding for days on end with no treatment.I lost so much blood it has left me in 18 hours a day nerve pain.It's very difficult thing to live with and none of the drugs work. The problem is called Burning Mouth Syndrome. The pain is with me from dawn to dusk.

People ask me how I cope with it and my only answer is I live in the moment.I never think how bad will it get. If I thought about tomorrow or to far ahead it would be difficult to accept that I have all that pain to come. I know I can cope, I know I have the mental strength to cope with it.

That's the thing.All the people with mental health problems I suppose it's easy to say stay positivebut try and stay in the moment but that's the way I cope with pain.Good luck anyway.

I hope you can get through this and get back to full health.The fact you have posted this letter shows how strong you are.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 323 posts |
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #30: Jun 28, 2019 12:10:46 pm
      It's good to see people talking or even just writing about their problems.

I experienced a few years of tough times and hardship and kept it to myself which i now know makes it more difficult to deal with.

Even if it is hard to do, speaking to someone who wants to help or listen is a great place to start.

Keep going and fighting.

Quick Reply