Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The mental health thread

Read 38496 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: The mental health thread
      Reply #23: Apr 05, 2019 01:33:11 pm
      This thread really puts everything into perspective, as many other posters have mentioned we are here to talk to if needed, I really think this thread can make a real difference to people's lives, let's keep the conversation on mental health open and active.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #24: May 02, 2019 08:45:08 am
      It's been about a month since I last posted. I'm doing and feeling better than I was four weeks ago. Thanks to anybody who replied to my post or sent me a direct message, it meant a lot.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #25: May 04, 2019 10:50:17 pm
      It's been about a month since I last posted. I'm doing and feeling better than I was four weeks ago. Thanks to anybody who replied to my post or sent me a direct message, it meant a lot.

Glad you’re feeling better pal, keep at it and hopefully in a week you will see the reds lifting the title!!
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #26: May 04, 2019 11:35:18 pm
      Glad your feeling much better mate & your starting to get back on your feet
      I could relate to what you where going through with the affair business but time is a great healer it really is,it’s good too read you have ironed out your differences with your dad as family is important especially at times like this.
      Do get back posting on these boards as trying to normalise yourself does help & besides we’ve already lost some great posters as it is.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #27: May 30, 2019 09:47:14 am
      Just found this thread and was a very good read.

I’ve always had anxiety since school but to the level I could manage without actually seeing a doctor.
      I left my small retail job in December, and started at Aldi at the beginning of May and it just tipped me over the edge.
      Panic attacks, vomiting, migraines etc before every shift and extreme anxiety during my shifts until on Sunday I cracked and physically couldn’t go back and had to confess to my family and girl I was really struggling.

Visited a doctor yesterday and they diagnosed me with generalised anxiety disorder. Prescribed me some medication and have signed me up for an healthy mind program that starts soon. So hopefully this will be a big help, because even though beforehand it was manageable it was tiring everyday living with it. You start doubting the people closest to you, doubting my girlfriend who is the most honest, loyal and open person ever was the last straw for me, I knew my brain was messing with me.

But yeah what a great relief it is to have it out in the open, everyone has been great about it and now hopefully I can improve it.

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: Jun 27, 2019 10:31:14 pm
      Very sorry to read thru the thread. Hope all can see their way thru and get mentally stronger.

My own story is luckily not a mental health problem but it might help those that do have problems.Due to a screw up when I was in hospital with a bowl problem I was left bleeding for days on end with no treatment.I lost so much blood it has left me in 18 hours a day nerve pain.It's very difficult thing to live with and none of the drugs work. The problem is called Burning Mouth Syndrome. The pain is with me from dawn to dusk.

People ask me how I cope with it and my only answer is I live in the moment.I never think how bad will it get. If I thought about tomorrow or to far ahead it would be difficult to accept that I have all that pain to come. I know I can cope, I know I have the mental strength to cope with it.

That's the thing.All the people with mental health problems I suppose it's easy to say stay positivebut try and stay in the moment but that's the way I cope with pain.Good luck anyway.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #29: Jun 28, 2019 09:53:47 am
      Very sorry to read thru the thread. Hope all can see their way thru and get mentally stronger.

My own story is luckily not a mental health problem but it might help those that do have problems.Due to a screw up when I was in hospital with a bowl problem I was left bleeding for days on end with no treatment.I lost so much blood it has left me in 18 hours a day nerve pain.It's very difficult thing to live with and none of the drugs work. The problem is called Burning Mouth Syndrome. The pain is with me from dawn to dusk.

People ask me how I cope with it and my only answer is I live in the moment.I never think how bad will it get. If I thought about tomorrow or to far ahead it would be difficult to accept that I have all that pain to come. I know I can cope, I know I have the mental strength to cope with it.

That's the thing.All the people with mental health problems I suppose it's easy to say stay positivebut try and stay in the moment but that's the way I cope with pain.Good luck anyway.

I hope you can get through this and get back to full health.The fact you have posted this letter shows how strong you are.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #30: Jun 28, 2019 12:10:46 pm
      It's good to see people talking or even just writing about their problems.

I experienced a few years of tough times and hardship and kept it to myself which i now know makes it more difficult to deal with.

Even if it is hard to do, speaking to someone who wants to help or listen is a great place to start.

Keep going and fighting.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #31: Aug 14, 2019 11:18:59 pm
      Been a while since anyone has posted in here, but I have been going through some sh*t right now and just wanted peoples opinions.

So for the last month I've had a headache and been waking up in the middle of the night with hot sweats for no apparent reason. Sometimes I will feel fatigued out of nowhere throughout the day and feel all hot and bothered while my skin is ice cool.

I went to the doctors about it and they sent me for bloods but reckon its stress related, I just wanted to ask if anyone here has been through the same or something similar?

I have no issue falling asleep most nights but sometimes I do get real hot and bothered before bed and others I'm fine but just wake up full of sweat.

Keen to hear if anyone has been through anything similar.

YNWA
      RedWilly
      • Started Topic

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #32: Oct 05, 2019 03:33:50 pm
      Been a while since anyone has posted in here, but I have been going through some sh*t right now and just wanted peoples opinions.

So for the last month I've had a headache and been waking up in the middle of the night with hot sweats for no apparent reason. Sometimes I will feel fatigued out of nowhere throughout the day and feel all hot and bothered while my skin is ice cool.

I went to the doctors about it and they sent me for bloods but reckon its stress related, I just wanted to ask if anyone here has been through the same or something similar?

I have no issue falling asleep most nights but sometimes I do get real hot and bothered before bed and others I'm fine but just wake up full of sweat.

Keen to hear if anyone has been through anything similar.

YNWA

Maybe no exactly the same but last few weeks I’ve been struggling to switch off and obsessing about work (started a new job back in May), where the pressure has gradually been increasing.

But going to bed and dreaming about work and waking up thinking about what needs doing etc. Feels like I have energy but I have it in bursts and then crash and feel fatigued.

Have taken to leaving my phone and watch at home and going for walks, or get a coffee or something on weekends to disconnect for a few hours, because I feel always being connected to my phone makes it too easy to connect to things stressing me.

Good luck mate, hope it’s improved since you posted.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #33: Oct 05, 2019 08:24:37 pm
      Maybe no exactly the same but last few weeks I’ve been struggling to switch off and obsessing about work (started a new job back in May), where the pressure has gradually been increasing.

But going to bed and dreaming about work and waking up thinking about what needs doing etc. Feels like I have energy but I have it in bursts and then crash and feel fatigued.

Have taken to leaving my phone and watch at home and going for walks, or get a coffee or something on weekends to disconnect for a few hours, because I feel always being connected to my phone makes it too easy to connect to things stressing me.

Good luck mate, hope it’s improved since you posted.

Go running. I've just started doing this and have made it a promise to myself to make it a very regular thing from now on in. I've only recently started running again but I realised a lot of things were starting to bog me down in work.

I had loads on I've had some awful bouts of anxiety in the past (not abnormal - I've always found myself in anxious moments for as long back as I can remember) and it's still very much there for me. For me, the signs are obvious - loss of appetite, irritability, hypochondriac thoughts.

It is the devil on my shoulder. It is the thing telling me, even when thinking about going for a run, that I will do harm to myself or that I'm in no fit state to go running or that by jogging in the park I will somehow look the fool in public. And yet all of that is nonsense once you hit your stride. That you see other people doing it makes you feel so much better as well.

I've gone though such a busy time at work recently, stressful though very productive but something I've been thinking about far too much. And it kind of showed this morning - I woke up feeling not too good about myself. Sadly it's more often than not that I wake up feeling the burden and anxieties of the world upon me but this one just made me feel especially like crap. Heavy head, tired, lack of appetite (which is the worst thing).

That state forced me to go for a 25 minute run this morning. During the run your mind may go back to what it is your worrying about but you start to process it so much better and then you hit a nice pace where you're not thinking about anything which I guess becomes a moment of meditation. I came back and I've felt like a feather for much of the day with much greater clarity in my mind and far more energy than I would have had if I hadn't gone out. It totally relaxes you and even my breathing throughout the day has been much deeper and satisfying. It's something I really have to stick at because it really worked for me this morning.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #34: Oct 05, 2019 08:37:35 pm
      Hope all is good lads. I've had a mad one the last week with my dad being told chemo is no longer an option. Truth is he's been ill since late June with his bile duct of which delayed his treatment for the cancer he's had for nearly six years. The delay has allowed it to grow of which has led us to this news we got on Wednesday.

In turn, my stress levels have gone through the roof more than normal with it all over the last few months, anxiety, stress, lack of sleep, etc.

Folks, get a good CBD Oil. This stuff has helped me no end and I think everybody should be on it. No Holland and Barrett sh*t, get the good stuff and I guarantee you will get results. Doesn't get you high and you don't have to smoke it and perfectly legal.

https://provacan.co.uk/cbd-oils/natural-cbd-oil-1200-mg/
      « Last Edit: Oct 05, 2019 09:04:18 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35: Oct 05, 2019 09:19:20 pm
      Hope all is good lads. I've had a mad one the last week with my dad being told chemo is no longer an option. Truth is he's been ill since late June with his bile duct of which delayed his treatment for the cancer he's had for nearly six years. The delay has allowed it to grow of which has led us to this news we got on Wednesday.

In turn, my stress levels have gone through the roof more than normal with it all over the last few months, anxiety, stress, lack of sleep, etc.

Folks, get a good CBD Oil. This stuff has helped me no end and I think everybody should be on it. No Holland and Barrett sh*t, get the good stuff and I guarantee you will get results. Doesn't get you high and you don't have to smoke it and perfectly legal.

https://provacan.co.uk/cbd-oils/natural-cbd-oil-1200-mg/

Sorry to hear that. Just gone past the third anniversary of my mum's passing. Still very tough especially for my dad
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #36: Oct 05, 2019 09:32:16 pm
      Sorry to hear that. Just gone past the third anniversary of my mum's passing. Still very tough especially for my dad

I imagine so, mate.

I've obtained some of the not so legal Raw THC oil for my dad. He's never touched a drug in his life, not even a puff of a cigarette. So last night when he was to have his first little go of it I thought I'd rub a bit under my tongue aswell. This was so I knew how he was feeling if he didn't like the feeling and then I could be the knowledgeable one (although I've only toked on a joint no more than 10 times in the last 20 years or so). Anyway, he had his bit, I had my bit and he fell straight to f**king sleep while I had a crazy three hours of being high as a f**king kite before I went white and threw up in the bog 😁
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #37: Oct 05, 2019 09:55:10 pm
      I imagine so, mate.

I've obtained some of the not so legal Raw THC oil for my dad. He's never touched a drug in his life, not even a puff of a cigarette. So last night when he was to have his first little go of it I thought I'd rub a bit under my tongue aswell. This was so I knew how he was feeling if he didn't like the feeling and then I could be the knowledgeable one (although I've only toked on a joint no more than 10 times in the last 20 years or so). Anyway, he had his bit, I had my bit and he fell straight to f**king sleep while I had a crazy three hours of being high as a f**king kite before I went white and threw up in the bog 😁

Haha. Whatever helps you and your dad through this awful period is really important. All the best
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #38: Oct 05, 2019 10:10:47 pm
      Haha. Whatever helps you and your dad through this awful period is really important. All the best

For the record we're not just taking it to get stoned. It can cure cancerous cells.
      RedWilly
      • Started Topic

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #39: Oct 07, 2019 05:56:22 am
      For the record we're not just taking it to get stoned. It can cure cancerous cells.

Sorry to hear about your dad mate, that’s really sh*t. Friend of mines mother got on CBD oil when she had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Really helped her apparently with the pain etc and I’ve heard a few similar stories about it.
      RedWilly
      • Started Topic

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #40: Oct 07, 2019 05:58:08 am
      Go running. I've just started doing this and have made it a promise to myself to make it a very regular thing from now on in. I've only recently started running again but I realised a lot of things were starting to bog me down in work.

I had loads on I've had some awful bouts of anxiety in the past (not abnormal - I've always found myself in anxious moments for as long back as I can remember) and it's still very much there for me. For me, the signs are obvious - loss of appetite, irritability, hypochondriac thoughts.

It is the devil on my shoulder. It is the thing telling me, even when thinking about going for a run, that I will do harm to myself or that I'm in no fit state to go running or that by jogging in the park I will somehow look the fool in public. And yet all of that is nonsense once you hit your stride. That you see other people doing it makes you feel so much better as well.

I've gone though such a busy time at work recently, stressful though very productive but something I've been thinking about far too much. And it kind of showed this morning - I woke up feeling not too good about myself. Sadly it's more often than not that I wake up feeling the burden and anxieties of the world upon me but this one just made me feel especially like crap. Heavy head, tired, lack of appetite (which is the worst thing).

That state forced me to go for a 25 minute run this morning. During the run your mind may go back to what it is your worrying about but you start to process it so much better and then you hit a nice pace where you're not thinking about anything which I guess becomes a moment of meditation. I came back and I've felt like a feather for much of the day with much greater clarity in my mind and far more energy than I would have had if I hadn't gone out. It totally relaxes you and even my breathing throughout the day has been much deeper and satisfying. It's something I really have to stick at because it really worked for me this morning.

Cheers mate, I actually went this morning. Had a real shitty weekend where I didn’t leave my apartment and was feeling very low for no obvious reason. Woke up this morning feeling the same way and decided to get myself out rather than just hang around to go to work.

Really felt good! Will try keep at it, I used to be a good runner back when I actually did exercise :D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #41: Oct 07, 2019 08:04:00 am

Thinking of you all man. Cancer is a total c**t.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #42: Oct 08, 2019 02:09:31 pm
      Anyway, he had his bit, I had my bit and he fell straight to f**king sleep while I had a crazy three hours of being high as a f**king kite before I went white and threw up in the bog 😁

Sorry to hear about all this mate.  As unlucky as your dad is he's fortunate in the sense he's got you fighting his corner with him.

Agree with this re: mental wellbeing.  I tend to get my trainers out in Spring and Autumn (not started yet this Autumn) and it not only makes me feel better, but I tend to eat healthier and get better sleep to boot!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #43: Oct 15, 2019 02:01:44 am
      Al, JD:

👍👍👍
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #44: Oct 15, 2019 02:02:50 am
      RedWilly aswell. 👍👍
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #45: Oct 20, 2019 10:17:54 pm
      Thanks for the messages lads and hope everyone is doing well themselves.

Just thought I would give everyone an update I think it was due to the stress of a recent promotion and it was stress that lingered in the back ground. I'm definitely going better, I think the main thing is keeping active and having hobbies which help you get out of work mode and allow you to switch off, saying that I need to get back into the gym.

Hope all is well with everyone and hope to be posting on here more frequently again.

Quick Reply