Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The mental health thread

Read 38474 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: The mental health thread
      Reply #92: Dec 07, 2020 06:40:24 am
      Currently in hospital,  phone rang at 3, seems it's a matter of time. Just can't get my head around this

Stay strong mate in these difficult times, I have an idea of what you are going through as I was diagnosed with Parkinson's 2 years ago next month. Lucky for me the condition has not deteriorated much over that time. The only problem I have at the moment is the tremors in my right arm.
      As you can see you have got wonderful support from some fantastic people on this forum. One last thing take all the help you can get as it is offered sincerely. Take care.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #93: Dec 07, 2020 07:11:18 am
      Thanks so much, seeing such a proud man and wonderful looking so helpless breaks me heart. My comfort is that he is peaceful and he isn't suffering anymore. Just seems the infection has taken over and he isn't strong enough to fight anymore. Perhaps I was foolish to get my hopes up yesterday when I was told he was more settled.  The last 4 years he has been my primary focus. The last 6 months working from home or so have been brilliant as I have had a chance to spend time with him, we rub each other up the wrong way at times, he is never wrong and arguing is pointless.  Just feel there is so much I wanted to say to him in the last few years of his life.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #94: Dec 07, 2020 10:18:06 am
      Just a matter of time now
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #95: Dec 07, 2020 04:42:51 pm
      Just reading all these. FK, mate, you're taking me back a year, here.

Big love man. DM me if you need a chat. More than willing to exchange numbers aswell. Thinking of you, mate. Really.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #96: Dec 07, 2020 04:47:30 pm
      Just reading all these. FK, mate, you're taking me back a year, here.

Big love man. DM me if you need a chat. More than willing to exchange numbers aswell. Thinking of you, mate. Really.

Thanks, just going to see him again. Can't cope just sat there next to him waiting for the end. Just yesterday they said he was calmer and set for his operation on his hip. Obviously much sicker than everyone  thought. Just going in waves at the moment.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #97: Dec 07, 2020 05:00:40 pm
      Thanks so much, seeing such a proud man and wonderful looking so helpless breaks me heart. My comfort is that he is peaceful and he isn't suffering anymore. Just seems the infection has taken over and he isn't strong enough to fight anymore. Perhaps I was foolish to get my hopes up yesterday when I was told he was more settled.  The last 4 years he has been my primary focus.

The last 6 months working from home or so have been brilliant as I have had a chance to spend time with him, we rub each other up the wrong way at times, he is never wrong and arguing is pointless. 

Just feel there is so much I wanted to say to him in the last few years of his life.

Those last 6 months were there for you and him to cherish.
      That is the beauty of trying to live in the moment ..... just to be.
      You've had that when other people were chasing their delusions and illusions.

You need to let go and be at peace with yourself.  You being screwed up down the rabbit hole is of no use at all.
      Easier said than done.

Remember :  This is your alternative family on here.

YNWA.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #98: Dec 07, 2020 06:46:12 pm
      Those last 6 months were there for you and him to cherish.
      That is the beauty of trying to live in the moment ..... just to be.
      You've had that when other people were chasing their delusions and illusions.

You need to let go and be at peace with yourself.  You being screwed up down the rabbit hole is of no use at all.
      Easier said than done.

Remember :  This is your alternative family on here.

YNWA.
      Thanks
      Just comeback, can't sit there and watch him like that, always said I wanted to stay until the end but I just can't.  Perhaps that makes me a bad person. Apparently they now reckon he had a heart attack at some stage. Feeling helpless
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #99: Dec 07, 2020 08:38:33 pm
      Thanks
      Just comeback, can't sit there and watch him like that, always said I wanted to stay until the end but I just can't.  Perhaps that makes me a bad person. Apparently they now reckon he had a heart attack at some stage. Feeling helpless

FK10 - I don't know you face to face but your posts have always been considered and generous on these boards. You are a great person and to be there with your dad for the last 6 months says everything about you.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #100: Dec 08, 2020 03:08:41 pm
      Don't mind admitting I spoke to the Samaritans last night. Will call gp tomorrow as I know I have had this companion for a while and I need help. Will also contact local authority regarding the tenancy on the house to see where I stand and will live. Loneliness is the biggest fear long term, just want this virus to go now.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #101: Dec 08, 2020 03:48:16 pm
      Don't mind admitting I spoke to the Samaritans last night. Will call gp tomorrow as I know I have had this companion for a while and I need help. Will also contact local authority regarding the tenancy on the house to see where I stand and will live. Loneliness is the biggest fear long term, just want this virus to go now.

It’s a start by talking to someone, not healthy holding it all in, hopefully you will stay in your current house... there is light at the end of the tunnel regarding the virus & once its safe to travel I’ll drive down for the day to share a pint with you mate..

YNWA..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #102: Dec 08, 2020 04:09:14 pm
      It’s a start by talking to someone, not healthy holding it all in, hopefully you will stay in your current house... there is light at the end of the tunnel regarding the virus & once its safe to travel I’ll drive down for the day to share a pint with you mate..

YNWA..

You really are too kind. Thanks so much.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #103: Dec 09, 2020 03:10:56 pm

YNWA..

I'll pick you up on the way down there then 😉
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #104: Dec 09, 2020 04:02:58 pm
      I'll pick you up on the way down there then 😉

Deal.. be nice to see your mug again & if it happens do you fancy a stop at Mick’s..?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #105: Dec 10, 2020 09:39:48 pm
      Just reading through this, so sorry to hear what you’re going through FK. Glad you reached out to the Samaritans and your gp, PM me if you need to chat
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #106: Dec 10, 2020 10:49:04 pm
      Deal.. be nice to see your mug again & if it happens do you fancy a stop at Mick’s..?

A forum trip down to the 'muff ? What could go wrong. Went to pharmacy to pick up medication but not ready.  Went to hospital and dad has sepsis and Infected gall bladder. Bless him.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #107: Dec 11, 2020 09:45:48 am
      Great day,  my brother who has been brilliant had a massive row with his wife and come over and now have been told that I can have the tenancy but not the property. I am only entitled to one bedroom not two but plymouth community homes would be duty bound to find somewhere for me if I don't go private.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #108: Dec 11, 2020 10:46:18 am
      Great day,  my brother who has been brilliant had a massive row with his wife and come over and now have been told that I can have the tenancy but not the property. I am only entitled to one bedroom not two but plymouth community homes would be duty bound to find somewhere for me if I don't go private.

That’s brilliant news on the tenancy, now you need to relax a bit more & concentrate on yourself, it’s also good your brother is there with you sharing the responsibility..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #109: Dec 11, 2020 11:05:45 am
      That’s brilliant news on the tenancy, now you need to relax a bit more & concentrate on yourself, it’s also good your brother is there with you sharing the responsibility..

Yeah, won't be homeless. Would love to stay here but it's two bedrooms an only one of me. Hopefully I could ask them for a location on public transport routes as I don't drive and need it for work long term.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #110: Dec 11, 2020 10:16:59 pm
      FK, just read all about your problems about your Dad, I am so very sorry, you've had some wonderful advice from posters on here and I'd just like to say how lucky we are to have such a place where we can discuss our problems, I'm not a religious person but I'm praying for you and I will hold a place in my heart for your Dad, I lost mine 2 years ago, so I know what your going through, we are all here for you, look after yourself and please take care xx
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #111: Dec 11, 2020 10:59:43 pm
      Thanks all. Really appreciated.  Hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #112: Dec 12, 2020 04:28:07 am
      Dad passed away this morning. Just lost for words, I know he's now at peace. Really not sure if I the energy any more. Just feel helpless,  hopeless and alone.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #113: Dec 12, 2020 07:18:27 am
      Dad passed away this morning. Just lost for words, I know he's now at peace. Really not sure if I the energy any more. Just feel helpless,  hopeless and alone.
      Sorry to hear pal hang in there mate there’s always a light at the end of tunnel. YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #114: Dec 12, 2020 07:20:37 am

Sounds like you've had a harrowing few months with all your problems surrounding your dad. Reading through the thread all I see is a great son who did everything possible to not only give him some quality of life for the remaining time but made show  he was comfortable in anyway you could.

Id be well proud of you if you were my son. Looks like you have plenty of mates on here to help you through these terrible times.  God bless him and may he Rest In Peace.

In true fashion these words mean everything. YNWA with members like you have on here to help you through what is a very difficult time.

Quick Reply