Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The mental health thread

Read 38463 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: The mental health thread
      Reply #115: Dec 12, 2020 10:07:28 am
      Dad passed away this morning. Just lost for words, I know he's now at peace. Really not sure if I the energy any more. Just feel helpless,  hopeless and alone.

Sorry for your loss mate, dad would be proud of you for being with him at his most difficult days, you were his rock & you should be proud of yourself.. Dads at peace now & he is with mum chatting about how they raised a beautiful lad.

You have some testing days ahead of you with funeral arrangements, be strong & give Dad the send off he deserves & then start to slowly rebuild yourself mate..

We are here for you..

YNWA..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #116: Dec 12, 2020 10:32:20 am
      Again, thank you all. So many wonderful memories. Struggling with the notion that I could and should have done more. He was obviously so poorly by the end I feel I should have done more . The pain is just horrific. Just don't know where I go from here. I know He is at peace now. Perhaps it's good that I can't stay here. Keep expecting to hear him. Why does life have to be so sh*t. Never wanted much out of life, just to be happy. I am now alone, my only companion is this black dog that appears to be the only constant in life.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #117: Dec 12, 2020 09:25:39 pm
      Again, thank you all. So many wonderful memories. Struggling with the notion that I could and should have done more. He was obviously so poorly by the end I feel I should have done more . The pain is just horrific. Just don't know where I go from here. I know He is at peace now. Perhaps it's good that I can't stay here. Keep expecting to hear him. Why does life have to be so sh*t. Never wanted much out of life, just to be happy. I am now alone, my only companion is this black dog that appears to be the only constant in life.

So very very sorry for your loss hun, it's just horrible isn't it, I promise you things will eventually get better but it does take time, be kind to yourself, massive hugs  :hug: always here for you xxx YNWA
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #118: Dec 12, 2020 09:37:43 pm
      Dad passed away this morning. Just lost for words, I know he's now at peace. Really not sure if I the energy any more. Just feel helpless,  hopeless and alone.

Sorry to hear about your lose mate. Hope you can grieve and get through the pain as best you can.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #119: Dec 13, 2020 04:33:48 pm
      Brother has been brilliant but dad didn't do a will and has a bit of money in his account.  Brother talking about making himself the administrator, giving money to charity,  no doubt his step kids, feel awful for saying this. I will have to pay for the funeral in the meantime and the cost of moving etc. All the things like bills, direct debits to sort etc. Anxiety through the roof  know it's my fault for not sorting a will and being happy to let dad pay the bills while I paid for day to day stuff and half the council tax etc. Head is spinning
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #120: Dec 14, 2020 03:17:30 pm
      Brother has been brilliant but dad didn't do a will and has a bit of money in his account.  Brother talking about making himself the administrator, giving money to charity,  no doubt his step kids, feel awful for saying this. I will have to pay for the funeral in the meantime and the cost of moving etc. All the things like bills, direct debits to sort etc. Anxiety through the roof  know it's my fault for not sorting a will and being happy to let dad pay the bills while I paid for day to day stuff and half the council tax etc. Head is spinning

First of all, very sorry to hear this. I lost mine just over 12 months ago so please do hit me up for any advice. My dad also didn't leave a will but money he had in his bank paid for the funeral so try not to let all these things worry you.

Really do message me if you need anything in terms of advice or even a chat with someone who's just had to go through what you are now going through. No problem exchanging numbers.

It's absolutely sh*t what you're going through but keep your head up. It will get better.

YNWA
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #121: Dec 14, 2020 03:48:45 pm
      I think it's important to add that, from what you've posted, it's very apparent that you done him proud. Never forget that.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #122: Dec 14, 2020 04:29:01 pm
      First of all, very sorry to hear this. I lost mine just over 12 months ago so please do hit me up for any advice. My dad also didn't leave a will but money he had in his bank paid for the funeral so try not to let all these things worry you.

Really do message me if you need anything in terms of advice or even a chat with someone who's just had to go through what you are now going through. No problem exchanging numbers.

It's absolutely sh*t what you're going through but keep your head up. It will get better.

YNWA

Thank you. It's just the thought of sorting out his stuff and the hassle of having to move out on top of everything.  Anxiety is through the roof so I am taking it pretty much hour by hour
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #123: Dec 14, 2020 04:34:06 pm
      Thank you. It's just the thought of sorting out his stuff and the hassle of having to move out on top of everything.  Anxiety is through the roof so I am taking it pretty much hour by hour

When my anxiety went through the roof after my dad passed I got on The CBD oil and wouldnt be without it now. Helped me, massively, with anxiety and sleep.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #124: Dec 14, 2020 04:49:14 pm
      When my anxiety went through the roof after my dad passed I got on The CBD oil and wouldnt be without it now. Helped me, massively, with anxiety and sleep.

Got prescribed sertraline as I haven't great for a while. Took me years to pluck up the courage.  Will see how it goes.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #125: Dec 14, 2020 05:10:45 pm

Sorry to hear your news.  Incredibly tough and unfortunately this time of the year makes these things worse. 

There are services you can fill in online that notify a lot of people about these things such as councils etc. 

I was in a bit of a daze for a few months after I lost my mum so I'm not sure how helpful any advice is but I got through it by remembering all the good things and reminding myself that sadly this is something that nearly all of us have to go through at some point.  I would have preferred it 25 years down the line but it often doesn't end up that way.  I'm sure you probably feel similar.

I'd try not to be concerned about the finances part as it seems that this is something that will be rectified as things work out but concentrate on the much more important stuff of grieving properly.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #126: Dec 14, 2020 11:34:20 pm

I'm so sorry about your loss mate. There isn't much I can say but just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts. I hope you'll feel better with time and the good memories overcome the pain.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #127: Dec 15, 2020 02:22:52 pm
      Just organised the funeral for next week. Relief to get it sorted quickly. Really struggling for musical choices so went for a bit of roy orbison. And these two classics

https://youtu.be/OV5_LQArLa0

https://youtu.be/6OxwuGI6NBA
      « Last Edit: Dec 15, 2020 02:28:31 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #128: Dec 15, 2020 07:59:45 pm
      So sorry to read about your loss mate,like many of us on here I’ve also been through it with my mam.
      What got me and my siblings through it was to remember all the good times of which there were many & to take time out to grieve.
      I know your head must be spinning but try too Take things one step at a time & most importantly take care of yourself.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #129: Dec 22, 2020 04:38:49 pm
      Going to get a bit of bereavement counselling and hopefully some help with my general mental health . Dad's funeral is tomorrow and found out today that I definitely can't stay where I lived with dad. Notice of eviction will be valid from 24th January but have been assured I won't be made homeless. Sigh.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #130: Dec 24, 2020 12:36:53 am
      Dad's funeral is tomorrow and found out today that I definitely can't stay where I lived with dad.

Hope you are okay mate.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #131: Dec 24, 2020 11:27:52 am
      Thanks for asking.
      Been a tough few days, yesterday was horrible. On top of this I haven't been feeling great for a while and now looking for somewhere else to live.  Just looking for a few quiet days, then back to work. Trying to stay positive.  The support and love I have had is overwhelming.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #132: Dec 24, 2020 11:41:32 am
      Typical 2020 bullshit it sounds like FK, I’m praying for you, so sorry to hear. Lost my dad when I was 20, there’s nothing anyone can say to make it easier, but I can tell you that the pain will lessen over time. No time is a good time to lose someone but the holidays definitely are the worst. Again, so sorry for your loss. Hang in there buddy.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #133: Dec 24, 2020 11:55:38 am
      Thanks for asking.
      Been a tough few days, yesterday was horrible. On top of this I haven't been feeling great for a while and now looking for somewhere else to live.  Just looking for a few quiet days, then back to work. Trying to stay positive.  The support and love I have had is overwhelming.

Hang in there buddy you will get through this shitty period eventually and enjoy the experiences you had with your Dad at some point in the future.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #134: Dec 24, 2020 04:03:48 pm
      Thanks for asking.

After hardship ease will come, been a testing time for you mate, now you need to take care of your own health & go easy on yourself...

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #135: Dec 24, 2020 04:50:50 pm
      Thank you guys
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #136: Dec 25, 2020 08:24:58 am
      Going to get a bit of bereavement counselling and hopefully some help with my general mental health . Dad's funeral is tomorrow and found out today that I definitely can't stay where I lived with dad. Notice of eviction will be valid from 24th January but have been assured I won't be made homeless. Sigh.

Good luck mate and glad you’re going to get some help. Stay strong and keep pushing forward
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #137: Jan 03, 2021 01:54:42 pm
      I feel like last year tested every single one of our mental health, and I truly hope everyone is able to seek the help they deserve when it’s so hard at the minute to get it, and hopefully there’s better times ahead.

For the last couple months mines been pretty much in the dump, I developed a problem with my ear, basically my right one always has this full sensation, more so when I eat and whenever I burp, yawn or swallow I get this opening up sensation in it, but the worst of it is the tinnitus like symptom I have with it, basically I have a constant staticy saw noise 24/7, which increases with ANY sound, including my breathing, which means since early November I’ve been unable to do anything comfortably, can’t watch TV, go outside, speak to people, basically do anything including sound without exaggerating it, for the first month I was sleeping in 20 minute bursts 5 times a night and by December my mind was gone, I was spending most days sat on my sofa alone in a silent room to not exaggerate it, just waiting for the ENT to get back to me.

Thankfully I’ve managed to ignore it somewhat, it’s still always there, aswell as the physical sensations in my ear, but I’m managing to watch stuff on my phone, TV even at 5% is still a bit too annoying, and I managed to spend time with my family at Christmas and just soldiered through the sound, and same with going shopping, I can manage it even though it sounds like I can hear the electricity running through the store when I go, and my thankfully and most importantly my sleep has improved a bit which I think was the biggest help... but yeah, mentally, I’m at like 25% of how good I was feeling just before it came on... and then to learn that my ENT referral has vanished from their system and I’ve just been sat around waiting, knocked me back a bit the other day... 

I just really hope they can figure what’s up, because I’m very careful with sounds so can’t see it being noise damage, I’m 29 and never been to a gig, concert or even a night club, I don’t wear in ear headphones or listen to music when I’m out and about and my tv is never over 15%... but the fact I have physical symptoms gives me hope there is something going on in there that can be sorted, and at least reduce it.

Quick Reply