Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson
      3 (2.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.9%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (4.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      87 (81.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      4 (3.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: Mar 07, 2019 06:06:36 pm

Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34920 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Mar 03, 2019 09:36:08 pm
      To win the title klopp needs to win games not draw games. Looks like klopp's tactics has gone from one of a dragon slayer to a scary cat.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #622: Mar 03, 2019 09:44:21 pm
      Is it too much of a stretch to say Mo lost us that game?
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #623: Mar 03, 2019 09:45:23 pm
      Awful performance, apart from VVD and Allison no one else played to the level expected, I always doubted we had the mentality to see this through, and unfortunately I have been proved right, absolutely gutted, but realistically now the dream is fading fast.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #624: Mar 03, 2019 09:53:51 pm
      The title fight can go to the wire, what if in the last deciding match klopp suddenly unleashed his fiery tactics and the ball hit the bar and post 2 times and 2 times the ball clearly over the line but ref and linesman said no, a clear cut penalty and yet ref said no penalty while city was given a soft penalty and won the title by 1 point. The ref is more than capable of doing that. 

Therefore, finish the job early and not wait till the last minute or relying on city to falter is the way to go and is a champion material. But klopp has procrastinated with the stale tactics and it has taken its toll and effect now.

If i am an independent fan, i would say city deserves it more, yes they have better players but they have also shown greater urgency and hunger in their games and has taken the ball into the opposition box more times than us and more threathening while we keep the same mundane formation and tactics game after game and the opposition loves that and is guaranteed a draw for them.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #625: Mar 03, 2019 10:02:32 pm
      I'm 57 yr old and will happily tell you your namesake would be ashamed of you making a comment like that! IT AIN'T OVER YET.

I'm 58 this week, and 'Crazy Horse'. would agree with you
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #626: Mar 03, 2019 10:07:03 pm
      Is it too much of a stretch to say Mo lost us that game?

Considering we drew, yes.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #627: Mar 03, 2019 10:22:47 pm
      More points to be dropped for both sides.

People going on as if City won't drop anymore points, well to do that they'll have to go on what will be a 14 game winning run. If they do that then fair play to them, they 100% deserve it especially since they're in with a serious chance of winning the FA Cup and Champions League too. Logic would suggest they will drop some points somewhere on the way though.

One things for certain though, we need to start playing a lot better to put ourselves in a position to take advantage when City do f**k up.

Nobody really things city will not drop point, only that it is more likely we will drop more points than them give that they have lost five game vs our one and still have more points than us
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2019 10:28:15 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #628: Mar 03, 2019 10:28:25 pm

I take it Citeh's 9pt loss in a 4 game period in December is somewhat better than our UNBEATEN run during those 6 matches you refer to then?

Er yeah they lead by a point...
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #629: Mar 03, 2019 10:29:58 pm
      I don't need to watch match to know Klopp is world class manager regardless of his tactics today. Even if he got it wrong doesnt deserve the flack he's getting. Without him you wouldn't even be in the position you're in now.  He's bought extremely well and played good exciting football apart from the last four weeks or so.

Some of you lot too quick to criticising when he makes a mistake with tactics or team selection. If he's that bad send him down the M62. Fans down here would love him.

Yes he is but that does not make him above criticism where it's due. Like I said, go watch the match and then judge the substitutions for yourself within the context of the game, and if you still think they were the right ones, fair enough. But no manager no matter how good is beyond criticism and your lot would be just as quick to criticise a manager who made conservative substitutions in a must-win match. And try and differentiate between comments made in the heat of the moment and well thought out criticism. There is a difference between the two, and you know full well all fans regardless of colours are guilty of knee-jerk comments in the heat of the moment.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #630: Mar 03, 2019 10:31:21 pm
      I think we'll do it this year. There will be twists and turns still.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #631: Mar 03, 2019 10:34:12 pm
      So annoying we could have scored at least 3 great opportunities.  Them bitter tw*ts had nothing yet celebrated at the end like they won the league themselves. Even the ball boy laughing in klopp face if had been me I'd have stuck the head in the wee bitter tw*t. Even the windy day didn't suit our passing game yet we still had clear clear chances. Fabinho if he hits it it's a goal. Salah twice. Ruined my fkn day here in California
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #632: Mar 03, 2019 10:44:06 pm

HA!

Yes that's a great reason. Cost us would have been a much better wording. Doh!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #633: Mar 03, 2019 11:06:33 pm
      For a team thats lost 1 league game all season and conceded 15 goals, i genuinely find the general negativity from fans, opposing fans and pundits about this team to be quite astounding. Its like watching the twilight zone. Very Odd.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #634: Mar 03, 2019 11:14:01 pm
      Wow what a WUM, so you would have him over your new Messiah, fkin tosser. Laughable at best

It's your post that's laughable. I won't come down to your level though with abusive messages.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #635: Mar 03, 2019 11:22:45 pm
      For a team thats lost 1 league game all season and conceded 15 goals, i genuinely find the general negativity from fans, opposing fans and pundits about this team to be quite astounding. Its like watching the twilight zone. Very Odd.

Yes very true. I suppose from inhouse its the thing of so bsdly wanting the title and blowing a nice lead through some shoking effort in front of goal. From outside its just they dont want to give us the credit for those stats they want to run with well done city angle for closing yhe gap

We need to now realise were sh*t tight at the back so for the last 9 games unleash the attack that fu**ed teams up last year
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #636: Mar 03, 2019 11:22:49 pm
      you know full well all fans regardless of colours are guilty of knee-jerk comments in the heat of the moment.

Apparently more so on here than anywhere else.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #637: Mar 03, 2019 11:36:26 pm
      Yes very true. I suppose from inhouse its the thing of so bsdly wanting the title and blowing a nice lead through some shoking effort in front of goal. From outside its just they dont want to give us the credit for those stats they want to run with well done city angle for closing yhe gap

We need to now realise were sh*t tight at the back so for the last 9 games unleash the attack that fu**ed teams up last year

Our current record is 21-7-1

Honestly apart from the Leicester Home game and Possibly the West Ham away game. It's been an amazing record.

This idea that we were supposed to win at Old Trafford is odd. And we know Derby games are 50/50 for the most part.

Its just really weird to me. Are we supposed to have a 100% record or something?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #638: Mar 03, 2019 11:37:44 pm
      I think we'll do it this year. There will be twists and turns still.
      I'll do hope that you are somehow right, but if we are going to win the Title then Klopp as to treat every game from now to the end of the season as a Cup Final, cost believe me when i say City will be
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #639: Mar 03, 2019 11:53:13 pm

F**k me keith, it  says a lot that a manc is the voice of reason and common sense on a Liverpool forum
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #640: Mar 03, 2019 11:54:03 pm
      Our current record is 21-7-1

Honestly apart from the Leicester Home game and Possibly the West Ham away game. It's been an amazing record.

This idea that we were supposed to win at Old Trafford is odd. And we know Derby games are 50/50 for the most part.

Its just really weird to me. Are we supposed to have a 100% record or something?

I agree with you, we've just had 2 of our trickiest away fixtures of the season and come away with 2 points. I was more irritated over the Man Utd result than this today. On another day we would have beaten the blueshite as we created enough chances but unfortunately all for the wrong players, Salah was very poor again today.

Anyway its all still to play for but we need to play more positively in the remaining games, Citeh will slip up somewhere.
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #641: Mar 03, 2019 11:55:56 pm
      Does anyone know how many shots on target we have from outside the box? Let alone goals. I can't imagine we've scored more than 5 goals from long shots excluding free kicks. Somebody that can shoot from distance like Cout and Ox makes defenders think what to do. Close down the player which opens up gaps or hold position which can result in a goal. Now all defenders just hold position because they know nobody will take a shot. And if someone does it usaully is a shitty shot. This makes us very predictable and is one of our problems in the final third.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #642: Mar 04, 2019 12:00:48 am
      Keith a lot of this has to do with not winning the Title for 28 years... A lot but not all.

The manager has to have a plan "B" for games, and players that can execute that play. I see neither here...

Been say for quite sometime that the style Klopp has adapted seem to have adversely affected Salah and Firmino's style of play
      Surely Klopp can see this

Some here will say that we have conceded less goal because of it, but is that really the case or is it more down to VVD, Allison, and Fab'...? more than the possession we have had...

We build up slower now, where as last season we were blitzing team and scoring a plenty, we now rely on putting then under sustain pressure which seem all well and fine providing we can break a defense down, and still shut out other teams.

Where last season we where scoring freely we now struggle to do so most of the time... Personally I would sooner we go back to that style of play and trust in VVD,Allison and Fab' to defend
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #643: Mar 04, 2019 12:02:30 am
      I would agree about us not taking long shots, it’s one of our real weaknesses.

Quick Reply