Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson
      3 (2.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.9%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (4.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      87 (81.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      4 (3.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: Mar 07, 2019 06:06:36 pm

Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 35897 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Re: Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Mar 03, 2019 07:01:06 pm
      Think they have to be favorites now.
      One point ahead, goal diff making it essentially two. Strolling through games.

BUT it's not over yet and maybe going behind will take the pressure off the lads a bit and they will come out fighting harder.

I’d take issue with the strolling through games, they’ve won but not very convincingly lately, something we need to learn!
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #553: Mar 03, 2019 07:01:38 pm
      Incredibly disappointing. Feels like we’re losing this tbh. Strange I’ve had the same feeling now in 4 recent games. Leicester, West Ham, United, and now today, just not seeing any urgency. It’s as if you wanna go shout at them “your aware we’re going for the title lads?!”
      Doesn’t feel like we’re doing enough to win. Subs were abject. Again.
      Le Gargoyle
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #554: Mar 03, 2019 07:02:20 pm
      Still fancy our chances to be honest. City have had a few highly unexpected wobbles this season and whose to say they won't again. Lets see what happens.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #555: Mar 03, 2019 07:03:23 pm
      What is this mantra? If you aren't happy with dropping points and bad calls by the manager you're not a supporter?

Do people think they're a better fan if they are happy with the above or don't express any frustrations at all. If we all were happy with everything there wouldn't be a forum to discuss anything to start with.

No one is venting frustrations or their disappointment because they dont support Liverpool it's because of the exact opposite.
      Well said mate
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #556: Mar 03, 2019 07:03:48 pm
      You can keep this to yourself. Obviously you want us to know that our team is a pretender while City is a contender. What are you trying to achieve?

To give u perspective. We overperformed so far in the season and what happens now is just what had to be expected. No need to be severly disappointed - and no doubt: if this team was better then our inability to finish off City would be a huge blow to the balls. But we are not as good as City - very important to remember, even if it's painful.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #557: Mar 03, 2019 07:04:34 pm
      Very poor today especially in the final third and the through balls to the strikers were abysmal.
      Assuming that we go unbeaten until the end of the season it will be one game lost and won’t that be hard to take if we are not crowned as champions.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #558: Mar 03, 2019 07:05:31 pm
      Still fancy our chances to be honest. City have had a few highly unexpected wobbles this season and whose to say they won't again. Lets see what happens.

Absolutely. It's not over, neither in PL nor in CL.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #559: Mar 03, 2019 07:07:22 pm
      Lay off the wacky back. Even if city did slip up and only one I see is United who's manager says is hell bent on stopping Liverpool winning the league then we would invariably slip up with the pressure on after. Look we couldn't beat Leicester West ham  Everton. 3 very poor teams in last few weeks. That's not the firm of a team looking to win a pl.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #560: Mar 03, 2019 07:07:24 pm
      Had to double check the subject... thought I clicked on the knee-jerk thread reading the messages here...

Still up there in the league lads, fighting it out to the end, still beyond my wildest dreams at the start of the season and achieving beyond my expectations.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #561: Mar 03, 2019 07:10:36 pm
      I’d take issue with the strolling through games, they’ve won but not very convincingly lately, something we need to learn!

Saw a good chunk of their game yesterday and it was training ground stuff for them, scoreline made it look close imho.

The fact is we've drawn 4 out of 6 and that is not title winning form - not against Citeh.

Things CAN change quickly though. And we're still in the race. But not gonna lie, am worried now. We need to start winning and fast.
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #562: Mar 03, 2019 07:11:09 pm
      Where the f””k is Ireland, always somebody to give an opinion when we do not win
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #563: Mar 03, 2019 07:11:18 pm
      To give u perspective. We overperformed so far in the season and what happens now is just what had to be expected. No need to be severly disappointed - and no doubt: if this team was better then our inability to finish off City would be a huge blow to the balls. But we are not as good as City - very important to remember, even if it's painful.

Thanks but I don't appreciate your perspective. How good we are compared to city is for ourselves to say. I don't need you to change or influence my view. Btw, we didn't outperform. We merely played to our potential.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #564: Mar 03, 2019 07:11:50 pm
      Ok mate. If you truly believe that City are going on a 10+ game winning run and won’t drop a single point then I dont expect you on the forum after every game for the rest of the season complaining that we are throwing the title away etc. As you already believe the title is gone so it makes no difference no now if we drop any more points right?

Even if we win the title ‘it doesn’t excuse what happened here today’. So if we win the title you will be fuming that we drew away in the derby? Seriously?

On paper they win all those games, but on paper they win every game they play given their squad, so it’s irrelevant. We need to stay close and hope they slip up.

If they close out the title by winning every remaining game and put together a 10+ game winning streak and go close to another 100 point season then we have lost out to what would be the best team in the premier league era.

Also, their goal difference isn’t that much better than ours. Without checking, I’d say it’s about 5 or 6.

Look it's not just that, let me explain why I believe what I believe. It's not just a question of City dropping two points, it's a question of us taking maximum points in order to capitalise on them if they do. Since the turn of the year we've dropped 14 points already with most of those coming from the four draws we've had. Fine, I'll concede that City may drop points but what makes you think we won't drop points? Can we go on a ten game winning streak? Sure, but so can City. City can drop points in their final ten games but so can we. The chances of us going on a ten game winning streak and City drawing one of their remaining ten is unlikely. Not impossible, but it is unlikely, especially on the evidence of what we've seen from the team this calendar year.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #565: Mar 03, 2019 07:15:12 pm
      Comfortably? Two narrow 1-0 wins, one due to a soft penalty, and struggled to beat a team near the relegation zone in Germany. That's their last 3 games. Whatever you need to tell yourself that it's all over, I guess, and protect your feelings. Less pressure on the nerves that way, right? :) :) :)
      As people were saying earlier about Liverpool we are grinding out the results, that's what counts... Guess what...? So are City

pts        last six games
      Man City       71     WWWWWW

Liverpool      70      DDWDWD
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #566: Mar 03, 2019 07:15:56 pm
      After reading after match comments you'd think you lost the league today as it's the last game of the season. So many negative comments with plenty of games left?? Are their any true scousers out there?? My scouse mates (( true scousers )) don't think anything of the sort and still optimistic even though Liverpool going through a difficult patch.

Still only lost one game and your handing  the title to City?? WHAT THE F**k YOU NEGATIVE POSTERS ON!

Also blaming Klopp coz tactics may of been wrong (( not seen match yet )) for 90 mins? What about the games he's got it spot on?? Some of you lads F***ing clueless, SERIOUSLY

RANT OVER?

tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #567: Mar 03, 2019 07:18:51 pm
      Is as fans should be realistic, we could be scrapping 4th with the Manx’s, Last year we were unplayable and a joy to watch. I really thought Salah was better than Messi.

Realistically we have overachieved, come on look who we turn to if the 1 st eleven are not performing.

Has been the same old story for years, we as fans can see it those that run the club cannot or simply not choose to.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #568: Mar 03, 2019 07:19:34 pm
      Not as concerned with the result as I am with the performance. City won't win all of their remaining games so a point is ok, but to be honest I thought we were f**king sh*te today.

I was ok with the line up. It wasn't what I'd have gone with personally but I thought it was good enough to beat Everton. I'd have had Milner in for Henderson and I'd have gone with the usual three upfront instead of playing origi despite him doing well against Watford.

Anyway, the game gets under way and I thought we controlled the first half very well. I don't remember Everton having a chance. Salah should have put us infront but he made it far too easy for Pickford.

I was expecting us to go through the gears in the second half but we didn't, and if anything it was Everton who grew into the game. They had a couple of decent half chances but nothing that worried us too much really. Salah should have put us infront again, but he just couldn't find his touch today and it wasn't to be.

I thought klopps substitutions were strange. We're chasing a goal and he brings on Milner and lallana instead of shaq and Keita? A little bit odd I thought.  Let's ignore the fact it's a Derby and let's just be honest. Everton are f**king sh*te and they were there for the taking. I thought klopp should have been more attacking in his changes.

Disappointing performance for me. It was flat and it lacked that real quality in the final third that we usually see from us.

We played three midfielders who are all too similar to one another and they didn't create enough for our front three who spent most of the game starved. Origi and mane weren't in the game at all.

Don't want to see it was a point gained because Everton are sh*te. It's two points dropped. It's still going to go down to the wire though. City will drop points at some stage and we probably will too. There's a lot more twists and turns to be had yet.

Special mention to Virgl who I thought was exceptional today. He gave a proper leader/captains performance.

Anyway we move on to Burnley on the weekend. They're fighting for their lives and it's an early Sunday game which isn't ideal so this fixture could be a bit tricky but it's a must win.

Chin up reds. We go again.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #569: Mar 03, 2019 07:21:28 pm
      Strolling, they have won the last 2 1-0

Title winning stuff

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #570: Mar 03, 2019 07:22:16 pm
      After reading after match comments you'd think you lost the league today as it's the last game of the season. So many negative comments with plenty of games left?? Are their any true scousers out there?? My scouse mates (( true scousers )) don't think anything of the sort and still optimistic even though Liverpool going through a difficult patch.

Still only lost one game and your handing  the title to City?? WHAT THE F**k YOU NEGATIVE POSTERS ON!

Also blaming Klopp coz tactics may of been wrong (( not seen match yet )) for 90 mins? What about the games he's got it spot on?? Some of you lads f**king clueless, SERIOUSLY

RANT OVER?

I'm sorry, you're sat on your high horse telling people they're wrong for blaming Klopp for costing us the match with substitutions that did nothing to address the issues the team was facing, having not even seen the game yet? Go away, watch the match then come back with an informed opinion. If you still believe that after watching the match, fair enough. Until then, don't take potshots at people.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #571: Mar 03, 2019 07:22:27 pm
      In other news, VvD is the best central defender I have ever seen. Yes, better than Hansen and Lawrenson.

Fabinho is a steal at, ÂŁ40m.

Alisson is our keeper sorted for the next 10 years.

Maybe now we are second we will loosen up and go play some football. You never know.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #572: Mar 03, 2019 07:22:28 pm

Also blaming Klopp coz tactics may of been wrong (( not seen match yet )) for 90 mins? What about the games he's got it spot on?? Some of you lads f**king clueless, SERIOUSLY

RANT OVER?

Think everyone's down after the game. and whatever about people overreacting, don't think need a United fan lecturing any of us to be honest.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #573: Mar 03, 2019 07:23:40 pm
      This was another statement game, and another fail. City won almost all those tough games on the road, we almost never: the difference between a contender and a pretender.

Mr  Happy again.

The pressure is back on them at the top. We are on their shoulder. They will be the ones with the nerves now.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #574: Mar 03, 2019 07:24:45 pm
      Could be worse, we could be Everton supporters celebrating not losing to Liverpool at home.

EDIT: Again.

Quick Reply