Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson
      3 (2.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.9%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (4.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      87 (81.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      4 (3.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: Mar 07, 2019 06:06:36 pm

Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 35496 times
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Re: Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Mar 03, 2019 07:25:15 pm
      It is interesting that a Man U fan would post on a rival fans website and ask if there are any true Scoucers out there.

Liverpool is a global club you clown and every fans view is relevant, be it from Russia to Bombay. Understand that and stop stirring up your Manx persona on the topic.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #576: Mar 03, 2019 07:26:12 pm
      As people were saying earlier about Liverpool we are grinding out the results, that's what counts... Guess what...? So are City

pts        last six games
      Man City       71     WWWWWW

Liverpool      70      DDWDWD

And guess what, that's no guarantee of future performance. So throwing the towel with a 1 point difference is not just childish or overly pessimistic, it's incredibly stupid. Doesn't mean people can distort the facts to justify this attitude to themselves. City's win against West Ham, for instance, was anything but comfortable - due to a soft penalty.
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #577: Mar 03, 2019 07:27:05 pm
      I am sure his own fans forum is boring, as he would not feel the need to be on here all the time.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #578: Mar 03, 2019 07:36:39 pm
      Had to double check the subject... thought I clicked on the knee-jerk thread reading the messages here...

Still up there in the league lads, fighting it out to the end, still beyond my wildest dreams at the start of the season and achieving beyond my expectations.
      Yes we have only won a League cup in 13 seasons nothing else so I think the pressure I getting to them. There afraid to lose rather than going for the jugular from. Minute 1 in every match.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #579: Mar 03, 2019 07:39:04 pm
      And guess what, that's no guarantee of future performance. So throwing the towel with a 1 point difference is not just childish or overly pessimistic, it's incredibly stupid. Doesn't mean people can distort the facts to justify this attitude to themselves. City's win against West Ham, for instance, was anything but comfortable - due to a soft penalty.
      It is not about being  childish or overly pessimistic, or incredibly stupid. It is about realizing the reality of the situation, and realizing that something is wrong and it needs fixing, and that no amount of positivity will fix it...

Yes there is more games to play but the momentum has finally shifted And yes we will win more games, but I think that today when we look back at the season we will deem that it was this game where we lose the title
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #580: Mar 03, 2019 07:44:50 pm
      Yes internet fans , people who just post on forums about the team , donā€™t go to any games or prob never have been and then believe they can post disrespectful sh*te about the players and manager

We are right now having our second best season in terms of points in our history since it went to three points - yet you have ā€œfansā€ calling the players and manages bottle jobs , people saying tbe title is done etc etc - zero support for the players and the manager - so they can go and find another club to be a ā€œfanā€ off

So, according to you, only those people who go to games can be disrespectful to the players and the managers.  :lmao:

Internet fans? I guess before the internet , most fans were TV fans by that logic. Laughable that. And you say "internet fans" are embarrassing. ;D
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #581: Mar 03, 2019 07:47:39 pm
      Felt the same ever since the summer..... it just feels like weā€™re short. As soon as Fekir was off, still find it mental we went from Fekir to nobody. Itā€™s mental weā€™re relying STILL on Origi(whoā€™s admittedly done ok this week) and bloody lallana!!!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #582: Mar 03, 2019 07:47:41 pm
      It is not about being  childish or overly pessimistic, or incredibly stupid. It is about realizing the reality of the situation, and realizing that something is wrong and it needs fixing, and that no amount of positivity will fix it...

Yes there is more games to play but the momentum has finally shifted And yes we will win more games, but I think that today when we look back at the season we will deem that it was this game where we lose the title

Saying a title race is over with 9 games to play and 1 point difference is stupid, no two ways about it. How you feel about the remaining games is a different matter, but throwing the towel is more of a way of dealing with the possibility of defeat than being actually grounded on reality. A lot of people are already setting up for disappointment and this won't let them see the obvious. If you can't have some faith when we're having our best league campaign in such a long time, then why even bother.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #583: Mar 03, 2019 07:48:04 pm
      I was sure even as time was running out we would have got a late winner. Ffs.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #584: Mar 03, 2019 07:58:04 pm
      Iā€™m trying to get my head around us needing a goal and replacing mane with lallana but leaving that midfield on....... think itā€™s going to take me all week....
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #585: Mar 03, 2019 08:00:07 pm
      Missed the last 20 mins as I decided to go and play 5 a side.

I did say in the pre match that the midfield that started has zero creativity and unfortunately so it proved.

Our sheer negativity since we were 7 pts ahead is a bit baffling.
      The team are so sh*t scared of F***ing up guess what...........what happened to the mantra of being Brave?

No idea why you spend so much money on Keita and Shaq and you are chasing the game and decide to bring on Milner and Lallana. Bonkers!

Still the title is not yet over but boy are we making hard work of it.

German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #586: Mar 03, 2019 08:00:12 pm
      Why don't we press cockhard in those games anymore? We did against Napoli and it was probably the best game this season. At some point I'd wish JĆ¼rgen a bit more reckless (again). He played it very safe against City, United and now Everton.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #587: Mar 03, 2019 08:02:03 pm
      klopp moaning about the wind

he isnt helping us with his talk
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #588: Mar 03, 2019 08:06:25 pm
      Iā€™m trying to get my head around us needing a goal and replacing mane with lallana but leaving that midfield on....... think itā€™s going to take me all week....

Let me help you: Klopp wanted to secure the draw. Keita or Shaq would have been risks defensively, Lallana is better than both because he's more physical. I don't blame JĆ¼rgen. If we lose we have one point less than now and it's still a long road ahead.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 242 
      Reply #589: Mar 03, 2019 08:08:04 pm
      Now I've had time to calm down & I'm still fuming, more frustrated by the lack of heavy metal football of late
      Far too passive in last few ( apart from Watford ) would swap the 4 draws for 2 loses and 2 wins

Bring back 2 points for a win we'd still be top
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2019 08:16:55 pm by saille29 »
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #590: Mar 03, 2019 08:08:08 pm

Klopp can't lose, did stuff like that in Dortmund and Mainz too, it's just his way of dealing with losses (side effect: it proves he sees this as a loss, not a gain of a point).
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #591: Mar 03, 2019 08:09:58 pm
      Now I've had time to calm down & I'm still fuming, more frustrated by the lack of heavy metal football of late

Yes. I really wonder why Klopp doesn't dial up the heavy metal football once in a while. He didn't vs. United, he didn't vs. Everton. Did we ever play that way on the road? Looks like Klopp just plays it @Anfield.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #592: Mar 03, 2019 08:10:18 pm
      klopp moaning about the wind

he isnt helping us with his talk

Didn't see it.  Maybe trying to avoid being critical of the players in the media.

Must be pulling his hair out, 5-0 midweek, then struggling today.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #593: Mar 03, 2019 08:11:28 pm
      Was another huff and puff performance, we still had some good opportunities but bizarrely it was a shame that they fell to Mo who has gone off the oil st the worst possible time.

That functional midfield killing us again. Not sure what Keira has done? He went from starting 6-7 games in a row and finally showing some real form and now he ditā€™s below Origi, Studge and Lallana in the pecking order???? Go figure. We need to play our creative players and get back to being a possession team who can play with a little patience. That seems to have gone out the window.

City have got some easy ones coming up, weā€™ve got to match them and hope they slip up at toilet. Sure feels sh*te got it no longer to be in our own hands though.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #594: Mar 03, 2019 08:15:01 pm
      Klopp can't lose, did stuff like that in Dortmund and Mainz too, it's just his way of dealing with losses (side effect: it proves he sees this as a loss, not a gain of a point).

all of this isnt helping the team, the 2 warm weather breaks, telling everton that its their world cup...hes not helping the team
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #595: Mar 03, 2019 08:16:59 pm
      Let me help you: Klopp wanted to secure the draw. Keita or Shaq would have been risks defensively, Lallana is better than both because he's more physical. I don't blame JĆ¼rgen. If we lose we have one point less than now and it's still a long road ahead.

And if we carry on with that sh*te mentality we will be winning nothing.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #596: Mar 03, 2019 08:18:11 pm
      Sense is that the squad comparisons with City are now catching up with us.  Salah and one other forward go through a bad patch - little to no other options really.

As soon as I saw the teamsheet I was concerned.  I think I made the point before even the United game that Fabinho and Henderson in the same team leaves too much pressure on the other midfielder (in today's case Wijnaldum).  You can tell from the way the team starts that Fabinho is supposed to be the one linking defence and attack, in front of the defence.

Ten minutes in though I see Henderson running backwards to Matip to take the ball off him.  I'm not saying which one should have played or not - just that playing both of them is something I expect towards the end of a game - say protecting a slender lead in the 2nd leg of a cup competition.

I don't know what Keita or Shaqiri have done wrong but one of them should have been in against a poor Everton side.  There was no need for two defensive midfielders.

Having said all that, we had the chances to score and score more than one.  Salah out of form, Mane not too great today and obviously Firmino on as a late sub. 

Thought it was harsh pulling Origi off.  Those three had more opportunities to maybe switch sides around a bit than they did.

I'm very rarely critical of Klopp - because lets face it we are on 70 points and it's just our sh*t luck that we're competing when another team are also competing to such a high level - but for whatever reason I think he gave Everton too much respect with his line up and surprisingly he was a little bit too cautious.

Who knows what happens from here on in - maybe just maybe chasing might suit us a little bit.  I didn't think us leading by one point last week meant we would win the league and equally I don't think City leading by one point this week means they will win the league.

Still sh*t loads of points to win or squander for both sides.  Better to be on the train pissing out than on the platform trying to piss in. We go again!
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2019 08:26:42 pm by JD »
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #597: Mar 03, 2019 08:19:54 pm
      Was another huff and puff performance, we still had some good opportunities but bizarrely it was a shame that they fell to Mo who has gone off the oil st the worst possible time.

That functional midfield killing us again. Not sure what Keira has done? He went from starting 6-7 games in a row and finally showing some real form and now he ditā€™s below Origi, Studge and Lallana in the pecking order???? Go figure. We need to play our creative players and get back to being a possession team who can play with a little patience. That seems to have gone out the window.

City have got some easy ones coming up, weā€™ve got to match them and hope they slip up at toilet. Sure feels sh*te got it no longer to be in our own hands though.

Scott I was shocked at the sub of Milner to come on.

Quick Reply