Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson
      3 (2.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.9%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (4.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      87 (81.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      4 (3.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: Mar 07, 2019 06:06:36 pm

Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 35449 times
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 242 
      Re: Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Mar 03, 2019 08:20:53 pm
      Sense is that the squad comparisons with City are now catching up with us.  Salah and one other forward go through a bad patch - little to no other options really.

As soon as I saw the teamsheet I was concerned.  I think I made the point before even the United game that Fabinho and Henderson in the same team leaves too much pressure on the other midfielder (in today's case Wijnaldum).  You can tell from the way the team starts that Fabinho is supposed to be the one linking defence and attack, in front of the defence.

Ten minutes in though I see Henderson running backwards to Matip to take the ball off him.  I'm not saying which one should have played or not - just that playing both of them is something I expect towards the end of a game - say protecting a slender lead in the 2nd leg of a cup competition.

I don't know what Keita or Shaqiri or done but one of them should have been in against a poor Everton side.  There was no need for two defensive midfielders.

Having said all that, we had the chances to score and score more than one.  Salah out of form, Mane not too great today and obviously Firmino on as a late sub. 

Thought it was harsh pulling Origi off.  Those three had more opportunities to maybe switch sides around a bit than they did.

I'm very rarely critical of Klopp - because lets face it we are on 70 points and it's just our sh*t luck that we're competing when another team are also competing to such a high level - but for whatever reason I think he gave Everton too much respect with his line up and surprisingly he was a little bit too cautious.

Who knows what happens from here on in - maybe just maybe chasing might suit us a little bit.  I didn't think us leading by one point last week meant we would win the league and equally I don't think City leading by one point this week means they will win the league.

Still sh*t loads of points to win or squander for both sides.  Better to be on the train pissing out than on the platform trying to piss in. We go again!

Bang on fro my point of view
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,071 posts | 2748 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #599: Mar 03, 2019 08:26:09 pm
      People calling us bottlers  :lmao:

The only bottlers here are some of you lot who haven't been able to hold their sh*t together ever since we went top in the first half of the season. Bunch of fannies.

If you thought this title race was going to be easy, you're bloody naive. We've been dropping points, City have dropped points. We will drop more points, City will drop more points. Simple.

We created plenty today to win the game. The defense was pretty solid, midfield admittedly unspectacular and a lack of control, Salah poor.

is it a bird? is it a plane? no its superdanzel the best fan in the land...what say you superdanzel how fantastic were we today?Created plenty??

We played a sh*te team today 11th are they? And for all the ball we had did we really make that many chances?
      one time in the game when there was an ooooh was an everton cross in the 2nd half

Anorher poster mentioned heavy metal foorball..where the F**k is that gone? Bar Wednesday we havent seen it in ages
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #600: Mar 03, 2019 08:26:25 pm
      I'm sorry, you're sat on your high horse telling people they're wrong for blaming Klopp for costing us the match with substitutions that did nothing to address the issues the team was facing, having not even seen the game yet? Go away, watch the match then come back with an informed opinion. If you still believe that after watching the match, fair enough. Until then, don't take potshots at people.

I don't need to watch match to know Klopp is world class manager regardless of his tactics today. Even if he got it wrong doesnt deserve the flack he's getting. Without him you wouldn't even be in the position you're in now.  He's bought extremely well and played good exciting football apart from the last four weeks or so.

Some of you lot too quick to criticising when he makes a mistake with tactics or team selection. If he's that bad send him down the M62. Fans down here would love him.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #601: Mar 03, 2019 08:27:35 pm
      Hard to believe a few weeks ago we were ready to go 10  points clear. Now there a point clear. A 11 point swing. We are totally bottling it. We need to stop worrying about losing and more about winning. Need the high press home and away. I know we have won nothing for years and there's bound to be nerves but we're throwing this away so frustrating.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,254 posts | 2800 
      Reply #602: Mar 03, 2019 08:30:11 pm
      We're still going to F***ing win it.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #603: Mar 03, 2019 08:33:10 pm
      Saying a title race is over with 9 games to play and 1 point difference is stupid, no two ways about it. How you feel about the remaining games is a different matter, but throwing the towel is more of a way of dealing with the possibility of defeat than being actually grounded on reality. A lot of people are already setting up for disappointment and this won't let them see the obvious. If you can't have some faith when we're having our best league campaign in such a long time, then why even bother.

If you can't have some faith... That has nothing to do with reality... City are playing better than us. City's quality in the squad is better than ours, They can ford Sane sitting on the bench who would waltz, as would most of their bench, they have been reeling of victory after victory for the last six games plus while we have drawn 4 of the last six. If it was say City and Utd and you were betting on it you would be betting City all the way, for you would see the reality of things, but because it is Liverpool you refuse to see it and think if you believe hard enough it will happen....

If we had more quality on the bench I might, just might believe we still had a chance but with what we have,CL and all I can't see us doing it
      DanMann

• 5,696 posts | 880 
      Reply #604: Mar 03, 2019 08:34:41 pm
      I'm sorry, you're sat on your high horse telling people they're wrong for blaming Klopp for costing us the match with substitutions that did nothing to address the issues the team was facing, having not even seen the game yet? Go away, watch the match then come back with an informed opinion. If you still believe that after watching the match, fair enough. Until then, don't take potshots at people.

Utd fan here telling us to calm down and not worry.. but behind the calm front, he's delighted in our failure and laughing all the way.

Sure.. If a Utd fan says all is well... we should accept it.   :roll:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #605: Mar 03, 2019 08:36:09 pm
      We're still going to f**king win it.

F***ing hope so mate.

We need it.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #606: Mar 03, 2019 08:41:31 pm
      Remember City came from a bit behind to win it late on when Rodgers was here so it can and will be reversed this time.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #607: Mar 03, 2019 08:43:27 pm
      Utd fan here telling us to calm down and not worry.. but behind the calm front, he's delighted in our failure and laughing all the way.

Sure.. If a Utd fan says all is well... we should accept it.   :roll:

I don't have a problem with a rival fan voicing an opinion, I simply have an opinion with him criticising people for making claims about something he himself admits he hasn't seen, and I would make the same criticism of any one of our fans as well. If he still believes the subs were correct having seen the game then I will respect his opinion, but go watch the game first.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,254 posts | 2800 
      Reply #608: Mar 03, 2019 08:44:52 pm

More points to be dropped for both sides.

People going on as if City won't drop anymore points, well to do that they'll have to go on what will be a 14 game winning run. If they do that then fair play to them, they 100% deserve it especially since they're in with a serious chance of winning the FA Cup and Champions League too. Logic would suggest they will drop some points somewhere on the way though.

One things for certain though, we need to start playing a lot better to put ourselves in a position to take advantage when City do F**k up.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Reply #609: Mar 03, 2019 08:50:14 pm
       1 point in it! If Utd beat City, which they are quite capable of doing at the mo, or even draw, and we win our corresponding game, roles reversed.
      Que sera sera ....
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #610: Mar 03, 2019 09:09:43 pm
      1 point in it! If Utd beat City, which they are quite capable of doing at the mo, or even draw, and we win our corresponding game, roles reversed.
      Que sera sera ....

Are we capable of turning our own form around? City are not the issue for me. It's us.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #611: Mar 03, 2019 09:10:16 pm

We all know those cu*ts will roll over for those cu*ts...
      DanMann

• 5,696 posts | 880 
      Reply #612: Mar 03, 2019 09:10:47 pm
      Que sera sera ....

We're going to Wembley?  :f_whistle:
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #613: Mar 03, 2019 09:12:29 pm
      Que sera sera ....
      City will rollover United they united were poor yesterday and they don't play united till near end of season. If we're still there they do Anything to not do us a favour. Even there fans will be cheering for city. Anyway in last few weeks we couldn't beat Leicester West ham or Everton three of poorest teams in PL so we will drop more points for sure unless we start getting our act together.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #614: Mar 03, 2019 09:13:06 pm
      Classic Klopp

This midfield trio is too defensive and lacks creativity. What does the manager do? Replace one of them by Milner and one of the front 3 by Lallana. so dump. You get what you deserved: nothing.

What irritates me is that he never seems to learn from his mistakes, we make the same mistakes over and over again.

We'll regret not buying players in January... I've said it before and I hope I'm wrong.
      Tadders

• 6,700 posts | 565 
      Reply #615: Mar 03, 2019 09:14:41 pm
      Henderson interview after spoke volumes - he seemed happy we didn’t get beat at ot and today, the difference between a team used to fighting for top 4 and the title
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #616: Mar 03, 2019 09:15:19 pm
      Can't see it. We could not beat West ham leicester or Everton three poor teams so we will drop more points. I can't see who will beat city or even take points off them but hope your right. Big ask way we're playing
      rossyred

• 9,229 posts | 1650 
      Reply #617: Mar 03, 2019 09:16:51 pm
      People touching on the power of City's squad in relation to ours and it's valid. Our front three have all misfired or had some poor form but we have never had the chance to rotate like they do. Origi, Sturridge simply not champions material I am afraid and tbf we have done remarkably well to be were we are. GK and defence have done all they can it's up top at times and Lack of creativity at times in Midfield that is the issue
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #618: Mar 03, 2019 09:17:49 pm
      Quote from Emlyn Hughes[/b
      link=topic=50866.msg2226799#msg2226799 date=1551637186]
      7 point lead given away with no chance to win the league by ourselves now. Well you are welcome City. - You just can’t see Man City doing something like that.

For the past month the players have been pissing their pants in games rather than play with some damn confidence and wir the stupid games like city does. Too afraid of losing. Same story every time...

I'm 57 yr old and will happily tell you your namesake would be ashamed of you making a comment like that! IT AIN'T OVER YET.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #619: Mar 03, 2019 09:32:03 pm
      Difference between us and city is they will grind out 1-0 results while we are contented with 0-0 results. City has easier games ahead and i'm afraid they won't drop too many points from now on. If Klopp had shown a bit more ambition in the last few games, we would have gathered a few more points and well ahead of them.

I think what klopp is trying to do is to stay relevant and not loosing games and that it is ok to use the 7 points advantage earlier to buffer against any losses and hope for city to screw up. Looks like he is overdoing it at the moment.

Not to mention too one dimentioal tactics with no creativity to change things round.
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2019 09:56:12 pm by redkop63 »
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #620: Mar 03, 2019 09:32:39 pm

[/quote]

What's with the people having the moral high ground here? I don't get it. 4 draws in 6 games. And you think we didn't bottle it? We can drop a few points here and there, but not 8 f**king points within 6 matches, when you are ahead of a juggernaut that is city.

I take it Citeh's 9pt loss in a 4 game period in December is somewhat better than our UNBEATEN run during those 6 matches you refer to then?

Quick Reply