Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson
      3 (2.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.9%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (4.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      87 (81.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      4 (3.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: Mar 07, 2019 06:06:36 pm

Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34937 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Mar 04, 2019 12:15:58 am
      This idea that we were supposed to win at Old Trafford is odd. And we know Derby games are 50/50 for the most part.

Its just really weird to me. Are we supposed to have a 100% record or something?

Last time we won the league we drew 10 and lost 5.  Current fanbase would have had Dalglish sacked by the January of that season. 

We finished 25 points behind City last season.  I think the position we have got ourselves into is beyond any expectation I had in August, and just in case this points total doesn't happen again (which is more than possible) I intend to eek out as much enjoyment as I can from it.

Actually feel a bit sorry for people not taking any enjoyment from this season.  Makes me wonder why they even bother with football.  If I had my way I'd put them in a time machine and send them back to the day Roy Hodgson was appointed manager.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #645: Mar 04, 2019 12:26:01 am
      Missed the last 20 mins as I decided to go and play 5 a side.

I did say in the pre match that the midfield that started has zero creativity and unfortunately so it proved.

Our sheer negativity since we were 7 pts ahead is a bit baffling.
      The team are so sh*t scared of f**king up guess what...........what happened to the mantra of being Brave?

No idea why you spend so much money on Keita and Shaq and you are chasing the game and decide to bring on Milner and Lallana. Bonkers!

Still the title is not yet over but boy are we making hard work of it.

A serious question here, did you prefer to play 5 a side instead of watching your team fight for the top spot, if so can I ask why?
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #646: Mar 04, 2019 12:37:30 am
      I'll do hope that you are somehow right, but if we are going to win the Title then Klopp as to treat every game from now to the end of the season as a Cup Final, cost believe me when i say City will be

I looked at the teams left and honestly, we suffered against good squads/teams whom defended deep and countered. West Ham, Utd, Leicester, Everton defended deep really and countered. Today was a bit different as they inclusion of Origi and then bringing on Lallana and Milner to change things was never going to help us.  Of all the teams left only Chelsea and Tottenham have the quality to defend deep and counter against us.  Chelsea might try and do it, I don't think Tottenham will. Against the team left we could run up cricket scores. I think maybe Roy and Rodgers might try and do us a favour. Utd are in the hunt for top 4 so you never know.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #647: Mar 04, 2019 12:41:27 am
      Our current record is 21-7-1

Honestly apart from the Leicester Home game and Possibly the West Ham away game. It's been an amazing record.

This idea that we were supposed to win at Old Trafford is odd. And we know Derby games are 50/50 for the most part.

Its just really weird to me. Are we supposed to have a 100% record or something?
      Not quite, just better than Citeh's but I'm prepared to wait until May 12th!

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #648: Mar 04, 2019 12:44:59 am
      Last time we won the league we drew 10 and lost 5.  Current fanbase would have had Dalglish sacked by the January of that season. 

We finished 25 points behind City last season.  I think the position we have got ourselves into is beyond any expectation I had in August, and just in case this points total doesn't happen again (which is more than possible) I intend to eek out as much enjoyment as I can from it.

Actually feel a bit sorry for people not taking any enjoyment from this season.  Makes me wonder why they even bother with football.  If I had my way I'd put them in a time machine and send them back to the day Roy Hodgson was appointed manager.

The last time we won the league we hadn't waited 29 years to win it. We also finished nine points ahead of our nearest rival. We're in an entirely different set of circumstances now. If we'd lost 5 and drawn 10 and where 9 points ahead of our rivals I doubt very much anyone would be moaning.

The fact is that we were seven points ahead of our rivals at the beginning of this calendar year and poor performances resulting in poor results have seen that reversed to being one point behind. It's not the Everton game in isolation that has people worried, it's the trend we're seeing. The only time we've recorded back to back wins was in mid Jan (Brighton and Palace) and people are suggesting we can go on a nine game unbeaten run. If we're to stand any chance of capitalising on any potential City slip ups, that needs to happen.

As for being miserable? Let me quote what a great man once said:

If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

We can play the most attractive football the world has ever seen, if we don't finish first it counts for nothing. Conflating being pissed off with recent results and The Hodge's turgid excuse for football won't change that. So knock it off. We're entitled to be pissed off. It's now up to the gaffer and the lads on the pitch to change that. Go win the next nine games and prove you're not a bunch of bottlers.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #649: Mar 04, 2019 12:52:47 am
      The last time we won the league we hadn't waited 29 years to win it. We also finished nine points ahead of our nearest rival. We're in an entirely different set of circumstances now. If we'd lost 5 and drawn 10 and where 9 points ahead of our rivals I doubt very much anyone would be moaning.

The fact is that we were seven points ahead of our rivals at the beginning of this calendar year and poor performances resulting in poor results have seen that reversed to being one point behind. It's not the Everton game in isolation that has people worried, it's the trend we're seeing. The only time we've recorded back to back wins was in mid Jan (Brighton and Palace) and people are suggesting we can go on a nine game unbeaten run. If we're to stand any chance of capitalising on any potential City slip ups, that needs to happen.

As for being miserable? Let me quote what a great man once said:

If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

We can play the most attractive football the world has ever seen, if we don't finish first it counts for nothing. Conflating being pissed off with recent results and The Hodge's turgid excuse for football won't change that. So knock it off. We're entitled to be pissed off. It's now up to the gaffer and the lads on the pitch to change that. Go win the next nine games and prove you're not a bunch of bottlers.

You're comparing our stats from 29yr ago with this years and saying things are totally different these days, then quoting a Legends statement from Yrs ago, try using a modern legends quote like 'WE GO AGAIN' 
      This ain't over its 90 mins 11 v 11 x 38 Roll on May 12th!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #650: Mar 04, 2019 12:58:56 am
      Just managed to catch the highlights and we looked the better side from that.

Was never going to be an easy game and we have to move on from this.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #651: Mar 04, 2019 01:36:59 am

Were in it to win trophies period. Or trophy a league cup in 13 seasons since 2006 is an awful record. Yes we're moving forward but for it to be a successful season we need it to end in silverware
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #652: Mar 04, 2019 01:43:03 am
      We're still going to f**king win it.
      Can't see where city will drop points and unless we go with a more attacking formation and go out to blow teams away home and away then we will be the ones dropping more points
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #653: Mar 04, 2019 01:53:16 am
      Let me help you: Klopp wanted to secure the draw. Keita or Shaq would have been risks defensively, Lallana is better than both because he's more physical. I don't blame Jürgen. If we lose we have one point less than now and it's still a long road ahead.

Bullshit it's bloody Everton who have been hopeless this season. It should been three points. Leicester West ham and Everton should been nine points. There all poor sides who have struggled this season. If we want to win the league we should be beaten them. End off
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #654: Mar 04, 2019 01:55:42 am
      We need to put out a starting 11 that's going to attack we could do with a few goals from our Midfielders too. We need to stop setting up so Conservative and be brave home and away till end of the season
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #655: Mar 04, 2019 01:57:44 am
      is it a bird? is it a plane? no its superdanzel the best fan in the land...what say you superdanzel how fantastic were we today?Created plenty??

We played a sh*te team today 11th are they? And for all the ball we had did we really make that many chances?
      one time in the game when there was an ooooh was an everton cross in the 2nd half

Anorher poster mentioned heavy metal foorball..where the f**k is that gone? Bar Wednesday we havent seen it in ages

Oh f**k sake, can you read? Nothing to do with being a superfan. I just can't stand people throwing around the "bottlers" agenda when it's nowhere near justified. That's all. Do you know who are bottlers? F***ing Spurs. They are bottlers. Every single time they get close, they f**k it up. We're not them.

Feel free to actually discuss the game and the tactics. We created plenty of chances to win the game, yes. Where did I say we created a dozen? Any other day and Salah scores a brace. They're not a good team, but don't kid yourself, this game was right up there with their best performances of the season so far. Their only f**king goal is to stop us winning the title and they gave it their all.

Where did I say we were fantastic? I said the defense was fairly solid, which it was. Midfield was unspectacular, which it was and Salah was poor, which he was. Please do tell with what exactly it is you're disagreeing or where you think I'm posing as some kind of superfan.

I'm disappointed with the result just like every other Liverpool fan. I just don't resort to insulting our players and manager when it's not justified.

Did I agree with Klopp's substitutions? Not all of them. I understood bringing on Milner. For all the stick that he gets, he's 5th in our team in terms of assists and he has the big game experience.

Firmino for Origi you could've predicted it was going to happen before the game even started.

The only substitution I disagreed with, was Lallana. 

Starting line-up was fine for me. I disagree with the lack of creativity and it being a "functional" midfield. I do agree with JD who mentioned that the pair of Fabinho and Henderson don't work together really well. It was noticeable during the first half, Klopp made adjustments for the second half.

If it were me, I'd have started the same midfield as against Watford. I'm sure Klopp and the staff will have had his reasons for changing it up, reasons we will never know because we don't have the data and the information that they do have.
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #656: Mar 04, 2019 03:06:42 am
      When it comes down to it, as much as Klopp has gotten us into this position, he's taking us out of it. He has this fixation with Henderson that is bizarre. Not to mention subbing out Mane for Lallana today  :mad: .Why buy Keita & Shaqiri if you aren't going to play them? He has essentially boxed them out of the rotation for unknown reasons. It's infuriating at the level of play we have shown so far in 2019, Watford 5-0 aside.

I'm afraid City isn't going to lose any (significant) points the rest of the way. Maybe they'll find difficulty with United @ OT, but realistically where else will they drop?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #657: Mar 04, 2019 03:33:34 am
      Disappointing result though the performance wasn't as poor as last weekend in Manchester, we did create a couple of great chances but the final touch was lacking for Salah, Matip and Fabinho chances. I thought the full back had poor games attacking wise and were not as much of a influence with a lot of poor balls when they took good position. Though I do agree that having Hendo/Fabinho starting a game playing in 3 man middle isn't the best mix as Hendo doesn't offer a whole lot in attack though this game he played well mixing with Salah on the right side and hit a few great balls that were wasted, it was Gini who I thought was weak link as he went for long period of the game doing very little.

Now that we lost top spot and now will have to start chasing with the hope of City dropping points does suck considering the position we held for majority of the season but the race isn't over, a lot can happen over next couple of months we have to remain focused on winning games and if City give us a chance to take 1st spot again (we do have a chance after our match vs Fulham as they will be playing in the FA Cup) and put the pressure on City.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #658: Mar 04, 2019 03:34:36 am
      Just finished watching. Pathetic. That’s all I can say right now. Several players need to take a hard look at themselves and figure out what the hell they are supposed to be doing because it’s not performing to task in a close title race.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #659: Mar 04, 2019 03:46:19 am

I take it Citeh's 9pt loss in a 4 game period in December is somewhat better than our UNBEATEN run during those 6 matches you refer to then?

That is the thing dude. City are a fantastic team, rarely they will drop points. The point of having so many points up top is to afford the slip ups later. I'm afraid that is all past now. From"it's in our hands" to "hope the city will slip up ".

A month ago, we had the chance to go 7 up at home, now we're 1 behind. Dress it up all you like, the facts don't change here.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #660: Mar 04, 2019 04:55:05 am
      Well that was sh*t.

I totally understand all the negative comments. 2 months ago we were 7 points clear before playing City. That loss looks likes it carried more damage mentally to our players then I first thought. Since then we have been woeful in a lot of our games bar the Watford game.

I'm angry and in the heat of the moment, I get all the comments I have just read. What pisses me off is all the posters giving people sh*t about the way a lot of us feel. I feel we have blown it too. We have put it in their hands now and that's the last thing we wanted.

I do however feel City will drop points and we might only drop points v Chavs and Spuds at home, so all is not lost yet, but F**k why do we have to do it the hard way every F***ing time? Why can't we just cruise to the Title, so we can all sit back and watch in awe what we have achieved this Season?

It's up to the lads and Jürgen to put that smile back on our faces....hopefully they can shrug off this sh*t run of form and go on a 9 game winning streak.

It's not too much to ask now is it God? We've been good ....we have waited 30 F***ing years...shine some light down our way, will ya?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #661: Mar 04, 2019 04:56:39 am
      Apparently more so on here than anywhere else.

Check redcafe or rawk. They are on different level.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #662: Mar 04, 2019 04:57:32 am

Enjoyment? You mean dropping 7 points lead in a month, being out of the two domestic cups early in the campaign? I think every fan has the right to be frustrated. 

There are still 9 games left anything can happen, but once the season ends with no trophies again then I don't think I'll feel the sense of enjoyment.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #663: Mar 04, 2019 05:57:38 am
      Look I think its ok to be disappointed. We are 9 points ahead of Spurs and neck an neck with City. This City team were building a squad for Guardiola a year before he came. Tixi Beguiristein has been at City for a while now and was building for Guaridola long before that  anyway in truth. They flout  FFP . we bring Lallana on and start with Origi, they have Gundogan, GIl, Silva and Mahrez on the bench. I can't be disappointed in our players or Klopp. Same as when Rafa was here, if it wasn't for Oligarch's and Sheiks we 'd have won the title sooner. I know ... Leicester right... perfect storm.

I still think we can do it but we need to be behind the team.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #664: Mar 04, 2019 07:14:37 am
      While I am saddened with the Everton result it is far too early to throw the towel in.I wonder if it would be prudent for the current squad to be shown a video of a certain match played in Istanbul.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #665: Mar 04, 2019 08:02:18 am
      That is the thing dude. City are a fantastic team, rarely they will drop points. The point of having so many points up top is to afford the slip ups later. I'm afraid that is all past now. From"it's in our hands" to "hope the city will slip up ".

A month ago, we had the chance to go 7 up at home, now we're 1 behind. Dress it up all you like, the facts don't change here.

Their slip up afforded us a chance of going 7pts clear, our slip up has given them a 1pt lead with 9 to go it is indeed in citeh's 'hands' but no team wins EVERY game, there's no 'hoping' or 'wishing' on behalf of opponents, we have to wait and see come May 12th.                   a
      All the sh*te spoken on here about 'bottling it' and certain players being a waste of space is in itself a waste of space until the last game.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #666: Mar 04, 2019 08:04:09 am

Quick Reply