Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson
      3 (2.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.9%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (4.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      87 (81.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      4 (3.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: Mar 07, 2019 06:06:36 pm

Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34931 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Mar 04, 2019 04:14:01 pm
      You really don't get it. It's a 1 point difference, with 9 games to go. If you think it's all over you're not pessimistic, realistic, or whatever bullshit you might tell yourself. You're thick.
      City have won their last six game while we have draw 4 and won  2 while you "Hope" City will drop points and "Hope"  that we can go on a magical run and win all of our remaining game as I said elsewhere Anything is mathematically possible... Using a line from JFK (The Movie) "Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang off a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy!"... It is not about what is possible, but about what is likely
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #691: Mar 04, 2019 04:27:46 pm
      Well having taken some time, I’m still pretty pissed with the result, all I picture in the game is Salah missing that wonderful chance.

I just don’t get it with Klopp. Says he’s playing Keita into form, Keita then hits form and he doesn’t play for 3 games. Ultimately, if you are pushing to win a game, you don’t bring on Milner and Lallana. You bring on Keita and Shaqiri. Especially the latter given the impact he’s made off the bench this season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #692: Mar 04, 2019 04:30:18 pm
      City have won their last six game while we have draw 4 and won  2 while you "Hope" City will drop points and "Hope"  that we can go on a magical run and win all of our remaining game.

Sounds like you don't hope those things happen?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #693: Mar 04, 2019 04:32:24 pm
      So what? And so was Milan in the first half of Istanbul. And Milan’s quality... forget it - what Smicer? Out of pace Hamman? Traore? Baros who? Kewell actually started? Oh but we had Stevie, Xabi, Sami, and Jamie. Yea we didn’t play with 5 men ya know...

I guess you were probably born yesterday?

I don’t know about you. You might want to give up now. Be our guest. Just be very aware that there will be many of us who won’t. We’re mentally stronger because we’ve experienced Istanbul, Olympiakos, Cardiff FA Cup Final, the Gerrard Final... Stevie may be the common denominator but the point is we fans never give up.

For others it’s sport, for us this is a way of life. But if you do happen to throw in the towel now, just make sure you don’t celebrate with us when we win it. It’s your choice mate... You decide. Are you coming with us or not?
      Legendary post there Ruth... I truly mean it, it deserve 10 plus 1's unfortunately i can only give you 1

I fully support the team, but it does not stop be from seeing the reality of he task a head if we are going to left no 19.
      I don't buy into all this "Believe" and think "Positive" BS and had Rafa allowed Team team to play it's game we may not have been 3-0 com half time in Istanbul, but i get what you are saying, and what you are feeling...

I told a friend of mine, a Arsenal support who was laughing at us half time what i had been tell everyone else for months before. I told him that night "I don't know how we are going to come back from this, but I just feel that we have our name on that trophy" .... I do not get that same feeling about the Title
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #694: Mar 04, 2019 04:35:27 pm
      Not at all mate, really hope I am wrong, do i feel that I am...? No
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #695: Mar 04, 2019 05:05:33 pm
      That is clutching at straws mate to make yourself feel little bit better. I bet you (we) were not saying that in January.

What hurts most is the way we are giving away points (to my pessimistic self - the title). If we don't win PL then the thing that would hurt is that we didn't go for it. We went ahead by 7 points and for some reason we decided to play 'safety first'. We have seven points in bag - we are okay, 5 points ahead - we are okay, 3 points ahead - we are okay, and so on. It wouldn't hurt as much as it does right now  if we had tried to beat teams down and may be lost a couple.

Anyway, I an inconsolable today because I wanted (I know it is past tense and we have 9 games left to play) to see us win a PL.

I never thought we were going to run away with the league.
      Maybe a few posters got carried away?
      All teams have blips City had theirs and we are having ours.

Nothing new it’s what happens during the course of the season, no reason to suggest why we can’t return to the form of earlier season and why City won’t drop more pts.

It’s not set in the rules.
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2019 05:12:21 pm by HScRed1 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #696: Mar 04, 2019 05:15:05 pm
      Having just seen Klopps interview I get the impression he was playing for the draw.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #697: Mar 04, 2019 05:22:01 pm

Some just enjoy the misery.

It was a disappointing result yesterday, I'm not sure anyone disputes that, but still football to be played and a team that's already lost four games this season has it in them to drop more points.

I agree with your post JD regarding the enjoyment in football and it's weird that so many seem so pissed off in a season where we're gathering more points than most times in our history.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #698: Mar 04, 2019 05:22:23 pm
      Having just seen Klopps interview I get the impression he was playing for the draw.

Exactly and that has been the problem with us since for a while.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #699: Mar 04, 2019 05:22:50 pm

He was very triggered by reporters saying maybe he could have been more attacking in his changes.

I think he saw the UTD and Everton games as games we could not afford to lose rather than ones we had to win, maybe we will look back at the end of the season and think to ourselves he was right.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #700: Mar 04, 2019 05:43:44 pm
      He was very triggered by reporters saying maybe he could have been more attacking in his changes.

I think he saw the UTD and Everton games as games we could not afford to lose rather than ones we had to win, maybe we will look back at the end of the season and think to ourselves he was right.

Yup we will see if he releases the hand brake from now on in.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #701: Mar 04, 2019 06:09:14 pm
      Some just enjoy the misery.

It was a disappointing result yesterday, I'm not sure anyone disputes that, but still football to be played and a team that's already lost four games this season has it in them to drop more points.

I agree with your post JD regarding the enjoyment in football and it's weird that so many seem so pissed off in a season where we're gathering more points than most times in our history.

For some people, nothing will ever be good enough.

If we won the league by winning every match 4-0, they'd moan that it was too much because we'd never be able to match it again.

It's outright F***ing weird.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #702: Mar 04, 2019 06:24:06 pm
      Hate to say it but since at least the Leicester game we look like we're running out of steam.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #703: Mar 04, 2019 08:39:21 pm
      This is why we need a new thread after a cooling off period for serious discussion, after all the doubters have said their piece. But the post game discussion is lumped into the match threads, and so this is a multi quote post.

Quote from fields of anny rd
      Souness has won it all and senses the nerves in this team.

He's partly responsible for the state we're in. He wasn't all that good himself when he had the chance, this is someone who took us down to Peterborough in the cup in 1991, and lost ffs. So he is not in a great position to criticise Klopp, the team, or the club.

Quote from Ribapuru
      I won't forgive Klopp for those subs if we don't win the league. I'll hold him responsible.

I take it that is Rib speak for "I'm calling for him to be sacked" again. I'll address the subs in the next quote.

Quote from RC9
      I share your frustration, doesn't make any sense considering Keita was coming into form and playing with real confidence.

Milner looked woeful and it was a like for like sub, we needed more going forward so what did Klopp do? Sub a defensive mid for another defensive mid.

If he put on Shaq and we lost, you and others would have said Klopp panicked and left the defenders wide open to counter attacks. And if we did go in front, said midfielders would have had their hands full trying to see it out. We put on forwards to win the game last week against a weakened opponent, and it didn't work. So why would it suddenly work against a full strength opponent this week?

Quote from barney73
      So city will play next home to Watford so we will be 4 behind when we play our next pl game and inferior goal difference. Our away form. Is just not good enough. City are grinding out 1-0 wins  2 in a row. We needed to grind out any kind of a win today as long as we got three points.

And if we win the next two, we'll be at least 2 points ahead. I suppose you'll stay away then as well.

united willnot want to beat city and they wouldn't anyway or draw city are much stronger. Even if they did we would panic and drop points straight after.

You're really terrified about facing a toothless (probably nothing to play for) Huddersfield at home. Even I think that is a 3 point home banker for us.

Quote from 5timesacharm
      Watford
      Fulham
      Cardiff
      Palace
      Spurs
      United
      Burnley
      Leicester
      Brighton

That's City's remaining fixtures. United may hold them to a draw but without a better goal difference equal points is worth nothing. Other than that, can you point to me where you think they might drop another point? Spurs? They've a terrible record against the top six. So yes, I truly believe the title is now theirs.

Most people believed that before a ball was kicked in August. Indeed most expected City to be at least 10 points clear by now, and us to be fighting for the top 4 again. A 1 point lead with 27 points available leaves very little margin for error.

3 of their last 4 games are away, and another one of the above games will probably be rescheduled. Since they played Chelsea at home, they've won games by one goal max. Somebody somewhere sometime soon is going to hurt them. Their injury list is also growing. We just have to do our job, so we're ready to take advantage when the time comes.

Quote from Rush
      Klopp got it wrong today.

Mane and Salah were terrible and apart from the odd wonder goal here and there, they have been struggling for a while. Firmino did more when he came on than the pair of them together. Something is not right and it is costing up BIG time. Trouble is, I still don't fancy Studge or Origi either.

It is now out of our hands. We are now hoping City will drop points. And we should have gone 7 points clear against Leicester - but exactly 31 days later, we find ourselves 1 point behind. That's messing things up on a scale I've rarely seen before.

In February 86, Grob threw the ball in his own net in the derby, and after the game we were 8 points behind the champions. We went on to reel them in and win the double.

In more recent times, City were themselves 8 points behind with 6 games left. They won the league on goal difference. We have 9 games to make up 1 point, and a few buffet games to rack up the goals if necessary. We started that job at home to Watford.

Salah is one of the league's top scorers this season, while Mane had scored 6 in 6 before ko. They are automatic starters atm. Firmino almost broke his leg for the cause last week. It's great credit to Richie Partridge and his medical team, that his absence was not longer than it has been.

Could be worse, we could be Everton supporters celebrating not losing to Liverpool at home.

EDIT: Again.

Indeed. 9 years without a win against us and just because they haven't lost, they think setting a new winless run record against us is something to celebrate. For all their singing and noise, they still haven't scored a goal at home against Jürgen. And you can count the amount of shots on target against us since he took over, on one hand.

Always a small club, forever in our shadow.

Quote from sore monad
      We need to really dig deep and fight hard to stay in it. If we do, we will probably get a chance to go back top somewhere between now and May. Not going to be easy, but it never was likely to be.

According to some, it was all over if we went 7 points clear in January, they keep banging on about it. It's over after 38 games, not 1 or 2 months. There's still a lot of football to be played and a lot of curveballs and banana skins for both sides to deal with. Our next chance to go ahead is in two weeks time if we win the next two games, and we're more than capable of that. Then all the doubters can head back to their hideouts for a while.

Quote from JD
      Who knows what happens from here on in - maybe just maybe chasing might suit us a little bit.

Plenty have made this argument, but I don't buy it. Every team wants to be top with their destiny in their own hands. It has been great been top this season for a sustained period, and giving the fingers to all the pundits who handed the opposition the title by 10-15 points before a ball was kicked. Before this game we wanted a break from elsewhere, now we need a break from elsewhere, and do our own job. Now on to the game.

It was the usual local derby fare over there. A lot of aggression and commitment, but as expected not a lot of constructive football or many chances, and the result would have been a bookie banker before ko. Now that's it happened, it's important to take stock, not make depressing forecasts and rash judgements. It's going to be a long enough period of pundit after pundit writing us off again, without having to see it here as well. It's a 1 point gap, not 21.

A big thanks to VVD who dealt comfortably with everything thrown at him once again. And Alisson for keeping his 17th league clean sheet in his first season in England. Incredible. His integration into the side has been seamless. 5 clean sheets on the spin is something unheard of, not that long ago.

Our toughest away games are now out of the way, we've brought back 2 results from the week and a 5-0 win to top it up, and we're still in a great position to capitalise on any slip ups. It may not be the perfect week, but there are 18 clubs in this league that would love to be in our shoes atm. The initial target has to be win the next two games to go back on top, hopefully with a good bit to spare, and take it from there.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #704: Mar 04, 2019 09:55:59 pm
      It's your post that's laughable. I won't come down to your level though with abusive messages.

I have seen your quotes only on various posts , why are you on a LFC account when you are a Manc supporter?,  I find that WUM like, sorry if I offended you.  You do know the history of our clubs, I have no doubt about that, but I ask again, Why are you on here?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #705: Mar 04, 2019 09:57:48 pm
      Hate to say it but since at least the Leicester game we look like we're running out of steam.

Either that or trying to hard. Mo for one looks like he’s just frazzled half the time and when he gets into a position where he used to be automatic he seems to tighten up. Maybe the weight of it all is getting to them, I mean most of them have never been here before. The hope is they figure it out and we win the title. If we don’t, we will be a better team next year for the experience and our chances will only improve.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #706: Mar 04, 2019 10:07:17 pm
      Like before the everton game, we have to win the remaining games, there is still a chance, but we NEED to win them all
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #707: Mar 04, 2019 10:11:09 pm
      City have won their last six game while we have draw 4 and won  2 while you "Hope" City will drop points and "Hope"  that we can go on a magical run and win all of our remaining game as I said elsewhere Anything is mathematically possible... Using a line from JFK (The Movie) "Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang off a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy!"... It is not about what is possible, but about what is likely

As if I needed confirmation. You're thick.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #708: Mar 04, 2019 10:36:42 pm
      its amazing to see how a media narrative can grab a hold of peoples perceptions.

now apparently salah is our biggest problem the man with 17 in 29. LMAO.

I can see how brexit happens. it all makes sense now.

i wouldnt be surprised if we see some KLOPP OUT banners flown over the stadium if we actually LOSE a game  :lmao:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #709: Mar 04, 2019 10:42:17 pm
      As if I needed confirmation. You're thick.
      Thick skinned too  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #710: Mar 04, 2019 10:59:16 pm
      would like to know if something has happened behind the scenes with Shaqiri and Klopp
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #711: Mar 04, 2019 10:59:57 pm
      would like to know if something has happened behind the scenes with Shaqiri and Klopp

Him and Keita had a threesome with Klopps wife.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #712: Mar 04, 2019 11:22:09 pm
      No, I'm not. I'm debunking the person that is. Read the original post in the quote.

Apologies.

Quick Reply