Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The New Hospitality Lounges , Main Stand

Read 9607 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      The New Hospitality Lounges , Main Stand
      Mar 04, 2019 08:58:20 pm
      Since the new main stand was constructed and built i've been blown away by it's state of the art match day facilities with it's amazing choice of executive lounges and full match day experiences.
      and
      I've seen all this on-line, via the website, with virtual tours and hi-res images.

Well, I've managed to get 4 x tickets for my family (me n herself and our two boys) for this Sunday's Burnley match in
      The Beautiful Game Lounge.
      CANNOT WAIT !!!

However, there's a tiny issue which I need to clear up and wondered whether anyone could help me with.
      On the ticket, the dress code says ;
      Smart Casual, No Tracksuits, No Trainers, No Football Shirts.

My two sons (16 & 19) both want to wear their black joggers ( expensive ones at that ) along with their, even more expensive nike sneaker style shoes ( they sort of look a bit like a trainer but there not, if you know what I mean  :roll:)

I can understand if they turned up looking like Barry Grant from the 80's but can someone define the attire to me a bit clearer.
      Are they really strict on the door about this? last thing we need is to be turned away.

Someone once told me it was like going to a wedding, in some of the new lounges.

« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2019 09:03:10 pm by 6stringer »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: The New Hospitality Lounges , Main Stand
      Reply #1: Mar 05, 2019 12:14:15 pm
      Since the new main stand was constructed and built i've been blown away by it's state of the art match day facilities with it's amazing choice of executive lounges and full match day experiences.
      and
      I've seen all this on-line, via the website, with virtual tours and hi-res images.

Well, I've managed to get 4 x tickets for my family (me n herself and our two boys) for this Sunday's Burnley match in
      CANNOT WAIT !!!

However, there's a tiny issue which I need to clear up and wondered whether anyone could help me with.

My two sons (16 & 19) both want to wear their black joggers ( expensive ones at that ) along with their, even more expensive nike sneaker style shoes ( they sort of look a bit like a trainer but there not, if you know what I mean  :roll:)

I can understand if they turned up looking like Barry Grant from the 80's but can someone define the attire to me a bit clearer.
      Are they really strict on the door about this? last thing we need is to be turned away.

Someone once told me it was like going to a wedding, in some of the new lounges.

I'd imagine if they were kids you could get away with them being in tracksuits but at 16 & 19 they should have to follow normal dress code, if not I'd be a bit disappointed in the club, surely they have some jeans and normal shoes they can wear?
      I certainly wouldn't take a risk on this?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: Mar 05, 2019 12:20:54 pm
      and

CANNOT WAIT !!!

I wouldn't risk it.
      Jeans, shirt, jacket, shoes.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #3: Mar 05, 2019 01:25:08 pm
      Was in it for the Leicester game last season just after Christmas.

I did see a handful of people running about in clothes which I didn't think adhered to the dress code.

Still wouldn't be risking it though, as racer says. Jeans, shirt, jacket and shoes. Can't go wrong.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #4: Mar 05, 2019 04:58:36 pm
      on the itinerary says Smart trainers,smart jeans o.k.so no designer rip jeans i guess. My buddy was looking at doing a hospitality so be interested how it goes.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5: Mar 05, 2019 06:58:50 pm
      What’s the cost for a family of 5?..

2 adults & 3 kids..?
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #6: Mar 05, 2019 08:48:13 pm
      Rang the ground today and spoke to one of hospitality admin staff who was very helpful.
      She said that smart trainers would be fine, however suggested smart jeans to match...which they both have anyways.
      So, I told both boys the score earlier.. and that is that !
      With it being a midday KO you can get in the lounge from 9am for a full breakfast and even a drink at the bar if you want  :o
      Happy Days

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #7: Mar 05, 2019 08:52:41 pm
      What’s the cost for a family of 5?..

2 adults & 3 kids..?

I got 2 x pairs of tickets with a table together for meal in the lounge.
      My wife and I will sit second from back row block M4
      Our two boys will be down the front second row, same block.
      Decent seats
      £90 each x 4 = £360
      The Burnely game is classed as a bronze price so I'm not sure the price for a gold game ( Man U / Chelsea / Tottenham etc etc )
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #8: Mar 11, 2019 08:23:03 pm
      What a brilliant day at Anfield we had, so good.
      Arrived as the doors opened at 9am and we were treated like royalty.
      Every member of staff from the doormen to the waiting on team were so good to us.
      Don't know why I got in a tivvy about the dress code as it was all very relaxed although I must admit
      I didn't see any tracksuits ;D
      The hospitality was first class and none other than Jimmy Case came to our table for a chat.
      My wife and boys were gobsmacked and froze ;D so I had a great chat with him about the good ol days.
      He told me he gave up his number 8 shirt for Stevie G and how his favourite goal was at Wembley in the final in 77 despite losing the game.

Our seats for the game were fantastic and the atmosphere was something my family will NEVER forget.
      The game flashed before us and the 90 odd minutes vanished into thin air.
      The singing of YNWA was very emotional and the roar of the crowd when we scored was just the best feeling.

What a day and what a result.

Made it to the airport just in time for our flight home..

We are all still buzzing and we can't wait to save up for our next visit to the best stadium in the world.

Thank you Liverpool FC for a truly magical experience

ps - I've attached a pic of my clan just outside the lounge, before kick off.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
      +10
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #9: May 09, 2019 02:00:06 pm

Only just seen this topic, apologies.   Glad you had a great day!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #10: May 09, 2019 02:15:16 pm
      Every member of staff from the doormen to the waiting on team were so good to us.
      Don't know why I got in a tivvy about the dress code as it was all very relaxed although I must admit
      The hospitality was first class and none other than Jimmy Case came to our table for a chat.
      My wife and boys were gobsmacked and froze ;D so I had a great chat with him about the good ol days.
      He told me he gave up his number 8 shirt for Stevie G and how his favourite goal was at Wembley in the final in 77 despite losing the game.

Our seats for the game were fantastic and the atmosphere was something my family will NEVER forget.
      The singing of YNWA was very emotional and the roar of the crowd when we scored was just the best feeling.

We are all still buzzing and we can't wait to save up for our next visit to the best stadium in the world.

Thanks for sharing this and what a really great looking family. Truly an awesome experience it sounds like. Congrats!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #11: May 10, 2019 06:44:39 am

Only just seen this topic as well - great family pic! Glad it was all very relaxed for ya in the end, makes the day that much more better when you can just chill and enjoy the footy and the family time.

I've only done hospitality via the Sandon which is a bit more relaxed on the ol dress code, but otherwise overall a great experience as you said. We had Terry Mac wander past chatting to tables at ours, which it was also a 9am start (was at the noon kickoff vs Fulham this season in November) and he had a chuckle and asked if it was 5pm somewhere since me and the other lads at the table all had a pint and an empty glass in front of us already. That wouldn't bother you would it Terry? :D

Expensive way to get in, but for the likes of us who aren't local or don't have the way of building up credits on a membership and what not, they do a pretty good job of it. Already signed myself up for alerts to packages next season if me and the wife decide to hop on over again. We keep saying we'll only do it every second season (long trek!) but this season hasn't even finished and we're itching to go back!

Thanks for the good review of the overall experience as well, will have to look into it for our next one. Do love the Sandon though.

Quick Reply