Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 24th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W12 D4 L6

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Burnley Sunday 10th March 12:00 Kick Off

Read 1864 times
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,368 posts | 681 
      Re: Liverpool v Burnley Sunday 10th March 12:00 Kick Off
      Reply #30: Mar 06, 2019 05:50:50 pm
      Alisson; Trent, Matip, VVD, Robertson; Fabinho, Gini, Keita; Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Absolute must win this as City will probably be 4 clear by kick off.

Gini’s in desperate need of a rest and Bobby only just getting back to fitness. I would be surprised if we don’t rest players especially against Burnley.

Honestly, if anyone needs a rest then do it on Wednesday in the Champions League.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,633 posts | 1118 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31: Mar 06, 2019 06:11:36 pm
      Keita to come in and Bobby
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,781 posts | 229 
      Reply #32: Mar 06, 2019 06:38:01 pm
      Full strength team for Burnley and Munich May be rest if needed against Fulham
      glennusmc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,233 posts | 76 
      Reply #33: Mar 06, 2019 07:05:46 pm
      Apologies if this was stated in previous posts on this thread. 9 games left, or so?

Time to bring back heavy metal football and to go for glory!!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,904 posts | 155 
      Reply #34: Mar 06, 2019 10:39:39 pm
      Feel confident about this game for a change. Have already boldly predicted a 4  0 score line for the Reds. It is time to be more attacking with games beginning to slowly run out, showing the true mettle of the team.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,195 posts | 2798 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #35: Mar 07, 2019 02:07:53 am
      I need a drink reading this thread

I need a few cones mate.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,881 posts | 1087 
      Reply #36: Mar 07, 2019 09:49:40 am
      Burnley have just started to become their old selves again. Picking up points and being hard to beat.

The odious Ashley Barnes and his fellow striker Chris Wood have both scored in a good few games in a row. Hopefully the VVD presence puts an end to that run and we take our chances when they come at the other end.

I really hope Firmino can find his form if he comes into the starting XI. With Mos form looking fairly ominous for us at the moment there's a lot of pressure on Mane to win us games and his numbers alone won't do that for us.

In a team who's front 3 get the vast vast majority of its goals we cant afford to have 2 of them misfiring for any decent length of time.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,003 posts | 1665 
      Reply #37: Mar 07, 2019 09:55:48 am
      Burnley have just started to become their old selves again. Picking up points and being hard to beat.

The odious Ashley Barnes and his fellow striker Chris Wood have both scored in a good few games in a row. Hopefully the VVD presence puts an end to that run and we take our chances when they come at the other end.

I really hope Firmino can find his form if he comes into the starting XI. With Mos form looking fairly ominous for us at the moment there's a lot of pressure on Mane to win us games and his numbers alone won't do that for us.

In a team who's front 3 get the vast vast majority of its goals we cant afford to have 2 of them misfiring for any decent length of time.

Doesn't look like Palace had much difficulty in beating them last weekend, are you suggesting Palace have a better attack or defence than we do?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,756 posts | 774 
      • YNWA
      Reply #38: Mar 07, 2019 10:25:13 am
      PL is imho the priority, but there's a wee game coming midweek too.
      Be interesting to see who Jürgen plays vs Burnley, then who comes in vs Bayern.
      Would think he'll make *some* changes [though he usually doesn't make many] - must be more likely that Shaq/Keita/Origi will start one of the two.
      Bayern are experienced side, but no reason why we can't go there and get a result - just need to make sure we get the job done on Sunday. Would love to go through to the next round of the CL.
      But if had to choose between a win against Burnley or Bayern - would say Burnley.
      skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 352 posts | 101 
      Reply #39: Mar 07, 2019 10:28:57 am
      Doesn't look like Palace had much difficulty in beating them last weekend, are you suggesting Palace have a better attack or defence than we do?
      And Newcastle beat them 2-0 the match before.

No excuses if we don't win this!

COYR!!!
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,003 posts | 1665 
      Reply #40: Mar 07, 2019 10:32:39 am
      And Newcastle beat them 2-0 the match before.

No excuses if we don't win this!

COYR!!!

We WILL win this game, we have far to much quality for them, they may try to frustrate us and park the bus but even then I think we can get at them.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,881 posts | 1087 
      Reply #41: Mar 07, 2019 11:07:59 am

No but I'll suggest to you that Burnley will move their defensive line a further 10 yards back for this one.

Burnley were in the bottom 3 not so long ago, over the last 10 games they've got themselves out of trouble.

Unless we get a few early goals like we did against Watford this will be another fight. There's an away draw with United and a home win against Spurs in their recent results. They'll be up for this one too.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,709 posts | 1611 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42: Mar 07, 2019 12:16:03 pm

Do you need a reason mate ?
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,973 posts | 301 
      Reply #43: Mar 07, 2019 01:17:10 pm
      Not over. Our season is CL now, PL should become a light approach which doesn't mean to hand it over to MC just to combine our pursuit with some evaluation and rotation, maybe that's even doing something good for us, maybe we get stronger by new fresh players, maybe MC gets too cocky because of our approach and falls. But of course Jürgen won't doing it, he doesn't have the PS4 mentality to do it. :P 

Jesus f**king christ, there's nonsense talked by football fans and then there's this.

Pack it in Jürgen, there's no hope now we're a whole ONE point behind.

Dadorious
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,778 posts | 1005 
      Reply #44: Mar 07, 2019 01:17:24 pm
      Am I reading correctly that it’s suggested we rest players in the CL to beat the might Burnley at home?

F***ing absolute madness on this forum the state of it!
      LMW
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 240 posts | 70 
      Reply #45: Mar 07, 2019 01:33:11 pm
      Am I reading correctly that it’s suggested we rest players in the CL to beat the might Burnley at home?

F***ing absolute madness on this forum the state of it!

Exactly. If there was ever a time to rotate, it'd be against Burnley or Fulham, not the game that takes you into the CL's last 8.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 218 
      Reply #46: Mar 07, 2019 01:39:37 pm
      Little need to rotate. We are coming off a full week of rest and after the 3 games ending 3/17 we are off until 3/31. Other than midfield where we can many options the rest of the players can go all 3 games if Klopp wants them to.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,363 posts | 204 
      Reply #47: Mar 07, 2019 01:56:05 pm
      I'd be tempted to go 4231 for this one.

Allison

Trent    Matip    Van Dijk    Robertson

Wjinaldum    Fabinho

Shaqiri    Firmino    Mane

Salah

This all day. Bring on Keita for Gini and Lallana for Shaq later on if thigns aren't working out. Bring on Milner for Shaq and Hendo for Mane to protect if we're handsomely in the lead in 2nd half.

Must win game, simple as...
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,904 posts | 155 
      Reply #48: Mar 07, 2019 02:00:45 pm
      Need to win every game, in both competitions, that is the club's way.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,253 posts | 3844 
      Reply #49: Mar 07, 2019 02:43:07 pm
      Assuming he's 100%, which I think there may be doubts about, then I'd play Shaqiri for this one at Anfield.  (Think Keita should get involved in Munich)

Pick one of Henderson or Fabinho but not both for fucks sake.

Bring on Keita for Gini and Lallana for Shaq later on if thigns aren't working out.

There is no set of circumstances where things aren't working out in which you need to bring on Adam Lallana any more IMO.  If things are going that bad I'd rather bring on another defender and stick van Dijk up front, and I'm not even joking.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,253 posts | 3844 
      Reply #50: Mar 07, 2019 02:52:50 pm
      Burnley were in the bottom 3 not so long ago, over the last 10 games they've got themselves out of trouble.

Burnley's first 19 games = 10 points.
      Burnley's last 10 games = 18 points.  (We've got 19 points from our last 10).

Mad stats.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,003 posts | 1665 
      Reply #51: Mar 07, 2019 03:40:55 pm
      Burnley's first 19 games = 10 points.
      Burnley's last 10 games = 18 points.  (We've got 19 points from our last 10).

Mad stats.

They have improved of late but in all honesty if we can't beat Burnley at home then we may as well hand Citeh the title right now.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,051 posts | 630 
      Reply #52: Mar 07, 2019 08:05:44 pm
      Little need to rotate. We are coming off a full week of rest and after the 3 games ending 3/17 we are off until 3/31. Other than midfield where we can many options the rest of the players can go all 3 games if Klopp wants them to.

Yeah, we've rotated at key points in the season and everyone should be good to go the rest of the way. The only changes should be over form, role, duties, etc.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,781 posts | 229 
      Reply #53: Mar 07, 2019 08:09:31 pm
      Assuming he's 100%, which I think there may be doubts about, then I'd play Shaqiri for this one at Anfield.  (Think Keita should get involved in Munich)

Pick one of Henderson or Fabinho but not both for fucks sake.

There is no set of circumstances where things aren't working out in which you need to bring on Adam Lallana any more IMO.  If things are going that bad I'd rather bring on another defender and stick van Dijk up front, and I'm not even joking.
      Bullshit I'm afraid you are making Lallana out to be that bad absolute South American Antelope sh*t
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,195 posts | 2798 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #54: Mar 07, 2019 10:30:39 pm

:D :D :D

True that bud....no reason needed!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,369 posts | 337 
      Reply #55: Mar 08, 2019 07:36:10 am
      Think we should rotate some of the mad as f**k posters on here for a few games as well !
      RedKop114
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts |
      Reply #56: Mar 08, 2019 08:26:03 am
      I think that we will win this match with ease.
      Mickred
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 38 
      Reply #57: Mar 08, 2019 01:21:06 pm
      We are at Anfield, we have nothing to fear and everything to play for.

I would line up as attacking as possible, can't see Burnley offering too much on the counter-attack.

Allison

Trent               Matip             Van Dijk              Robertson

Fabinho                   
                                                           Shaqiri                        Keita

Mane                Salah               Bobby

I would try to shake things up again with our front three, having Mane attack from the right and give us some real width along with Trent out on the right-hand side and try to free up Salah through the middle. Bobby has proven he can be quite effective coming in from the left and with Naby playing just behind him I think we could see a lot of joy down the left hand side with Robbo on the overlap.

Mickred
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 38 
      Reply #58: Mar 08, 2019 01:21:33 pm
      This looks good to me, but Burnley on the back foot from the start.

3-0
      skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 352 posts | 101 
      Reply #59: Mar 08, 2019 02:23:17 pm
      Mick, you need to post your reply after the [/quote] to make your reply not appear to be part of the the post you're quoting.

Quick Reply