Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Burnley Sunday 10th March 12:00 Kick Off

Read 11246 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 306 posts | 43 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Burnley Sunday 10th March 12:00 Kick Off
      Mar 04, 2019 10:33:20 pm
      Little bit of a shake up needed:

Alisson

Alexander-Arnold
      Matip
      Van Dijk
      Robertson

Henderson (c)
      Fabinho

Salah
      Shaqiri
      Mane

Firmino

Subs:

Mignolet
      Wijnaldum
      Keita
      Milner
      Lallana
      Origi
      Sturridge

Think we will win, want to see Shaqiri on the ball as much as possible, ans the same for Keita if he comes on 👍🏼

2-0 to us ⚽️
      « Last Edit: Mar 10, 2019 11:07:01 am by JD »
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Re: Liverpool v Burnley Sunday 10th March 12:00 Kick Off
      Reply #1: Mar 05, 2019 12:34:34 am
      what a rancid kick off time.......gonna be grim turning up being 4 points behind...early goal key to avoid the moans in the crowd, hopefully a similar atmosphere to watford...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Mar 05, 2019 11:10:31 am
      Same team as normal except the midfield to be changed to Fabinho, Gini and Keita. That HAS to be our core midfield going forwards now as we have to be more positive and look to outscore opponents rather than this super defensive obsession that Klopp has gone into in several games. Its all very nice having a clean sheet but not if it reduces the chances we create to score.

I also want us to start using Origi and Keita as forwards more, I'd be happy for them to start a game, perhaps not at the same time, then bring on one of the others if we need it, that way we introduce some competition for places, get some rotation going plus have genuine options from the bench.

As for the game against Burnley, this has to be a 3 pointer, they are fairly average, especially away from home and if we get at them including through the middle then we can win by a good margin.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3: Mar 05, 2019 11:16:43 am
      If Fabinho starts then we don’t need Hendo. At the start of the season I thought he should play further forward to accommodate Fab’s skill set unfortunately he just can’t do it as an 8.

So he should just deputise for Fabinho if he is out or being rested.

And we need at least one penetrative midfielder against these bus Parkers so either Milner but preferably Keita.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #4: Mar 05, 2019 11:20:52 am
      I'd be tempted to go 4231 for this one.

Allison

Trent    Matip    Van Dijk    Robertson

Wjinaldum    Fabinho

Shaqiri    Firmino    Mane

Salah
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5: Mar 05, 2019 12:15:56 pm
      We are at Anfield, we have nothing to fear and everything to play for.

I would line up as attacking as possible, can't see Burnley offering too much on the counter-attack.

Allison

Trent               Matip             Van Dijk              Robertson

Fabinho                   
                                                           Shaqiri                        Keita

Mane                Salah               Bobby

I would try to shake things up again with our front three, having Mane attack from the right and give us some real width along with Trent out on the right-hand side and try to free up Salah through the middle. Bobby has proven he can be quite effective coming in from the left and with Naby playing just behind him I think we could see a lot of joy down the left hand side with Robbo on the overlap.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #6: Mar 05, 2019 12:18:51 pm
      We are at Anfield, we have nothing to fear and everything to play for.

I would line up as attacking as possible, can't see Burnley offering too much on the counter-attack.

Allison

Trent               Matip             Van Dijk              Robertson

Fabinho                   
                                                           Shaqiri                        Keita

Mane                Salah               Bobby

I would try to shake things up again with our front three, having Mane attack from the right and give us some real width along with Trent out on the right-hand side and try to free up Salah through the middle. Bobby has proven he can be quite effective coming in from the left and with Naby playing just behind him I think we could see a lot of joy down the left hand side with Robbo on the overlap.

I like this, although I'd probably play Gini instead of Shaq just for better balance. We have to go more attacking, even if it means conceding a few goals.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #7: Mar 05, 2019 01:29:25 pm
      I like this, although I'd probably play Gini instead of Shaq just for better balance. We have to go more attacking, even if it means conceding a few goals.

We have to go for goals to blow Burnley away in the first 20 mins
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #8: Mar 05, 2019 08:44:20 pm

We have to go for goals to blow Burnley away in the first 20 mins

Need more support  and goals from midfield although I am told from some posters that they aren't allowed to shoot as it's not their job  :lmao: :lmao:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Mar 05, 2019 08:58:42 pm
      After all the criticism of Jürgen and our REDS Burnley will get the repercussions and will not know what has hit them at Anfield.The lads will be all fired up for this match and will make no mistake.Have faith and believe.
      « Last Edit: Mar 06, 2019 06:32:15 am by Billy1 »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #10: Mar 05, 2019 09:05:15 pm
      Time to go all out and F**k these cu*ts up
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: Mar 05, 2019 10:04:27 pm
                Allison
      TAA Matip VVD Robbo
          Milner Fab Keita
         Salah Mane Shaq

Would give this a try. But reckon Bob will start instead.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12: Mar 05, 2019 10:35:06 pm
      Every chance we go into this 4 points behind, virtual guarantee I expect and we have nobody to blame but ourselves. So let’s put that right and get the gap back to 1.

Be a better idea to go back to 4231 for this, but maybe a slight change with who’s in the front 4.

The defence picks itself.

Alisson

Trent   Matip   Virgil   Robbo

Fabinho   Gini

Salah        Keita        Mane

Bobby

If Bobby isn’t fit then I’d go Salah up top and Shaqiri out wide. Keita had been starting to really click but for some reason has been cast aside. He’s displayed how good he can pass and his dribbling ability so maybe him further up the pitch could unlock the defences more, something we’ve been finding hard.

But, in no uncertain terms, I don’t want to see Milner or Lallana anywhere near the pitch this week. Madness they got on in the Derby!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Mar 06, 2019 04:35:50 am
      Alisson

TAA   Matip   VVD   Robbo

Gini   Fab

Shaq

Salah                  Mané

Firmino

Rather Shaq come in than anyone else. He can play the link up man and play the passes around the corner better than anyone else at the moment so he's my pick.

Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #14: Mar 06, 2019 07:13:36 am
      Am surprised to see Shaqiri is the more popular choice over Keita. The midfield is key for me. Fab, Gini and Keita.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #15: Mar 06, 2019 09:12:36 am
      Just go and smash these.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #16: Mar 06, 2019 12:01:40 pm
      You just know Burnley will set up to stop us playing by hacking our players...

Can see a similar scoreline as Watford’s..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17: Mar 06, 2019 12:09:54 pm
      Alisson

TAA   Matip   VVD   Robbo

Gini   Fab

Shaq

Salah                  Mané

Firmino

Rather Shaq come in than anyone else. He can play the link up man and play the passes around the corner better than anyone else at the moment so he's my pick.

I'd rather go with Keita as AM, and then have Shaq as an impact sub for one of the forwards and/or Keita.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #18: Mar 06, 2019 04:17:01 pm
      Nine games left. Win all nine and we will win the league. Simples. :)

City will drop points in two games.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #19: Mar 06, 2019 04:21:14 pm
      Need to be maybe a bit more attacking, make sure of all three points against a struggling Burnley side, on Sunday. Every game like a cup final now, until the end of the season.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #20: Mar 06, 2019 04:28:01 pm
      Since the season is effectively over I'd try new things and rest players for the CL.

Alisson
      TAA-Matip-VVD-Moreno
      Lallana-Hendo-Keita
      Shaq-Origi-Sturridge

I know many will think I am gone mentally, but MC is just plain better. Sometimes you gotta cut your losses early to be able to focus on the real important things. We need to make CL priority, we need to evaluate certain players to decide what to do in summer.

Moreno - give him playing time and see if he learned, physically he's better than Robbo, so let him prove it
      Lallana - hard to tell if to keep him as a decent back-up
      Keita - he and Ox could solve our midfield problems and prevent any summer transfers, IF he comes around that is
      Origi - still is young and has potential, would keep him as back-up if he proves his value
      Sturridge - still a guy to consider as a backup, he knows he won't play for any decent teams anymore, so he could be OK with such a role

And it's not as if this squad cannot beat Burnley comfortably at home, so I'll go for it!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #21: Mar 06, 2019 04:35:30 pm
      Am surprised to see Shaqiri is the more popular choice over Keita. The midfield is key for me. Fab, Gini and Keita.

All F***ing day
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22: Mar 06, 2019 04:37:09 pm
      Since the season is effectively over I'd try new things and rest players for the CL.

I know many will think I am gone mentally, but MC is just plain better. Sometimes you gotta cut your losses early to be able to focus on the real important things. We need to make CL priority, we need to evaluate certain players to decide what to do in summer.

What sh*te.

I've said before ...move your tank.

Its the Blue Moon Forum you want mate and I'll help you on your merry way with a link

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forums/bluemoon-forum.1/

Simples.

Quick Reply