Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Burnley Sunday 10th March 12:00 Kick Off

Read 11232 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liverpool v Burnley Sunday 10th March 12:00 Kick Off
      Reply #23: Mar 06, 2019 04:37:54 pm
      Since the season is effectively over I'd try new things and rest players for the CL.

Alisson
      TAA-Matip-VVD-Moreno
      Lallana-Hendo-Keita
      Shaq-Origi-Sturridge

I know many will think I am gone mentally, but MC is just plain better. Sometimes you gotta cut your losses early to be able to focus on the real important things. We need to make CL priority, we need to evaluate certain players to decide what to do in summer.

Moreno - give him playing time and see if he learned, physically he's better than Robbo, so let him prove it
      Lallana - hard to tell if to keep him as a decent back-up
      Keita - he and Ox could solve our midfield problems and prevent any summer transfers, IF he comes around that is
      Origi - still is young and has potential, would keep him as back-up if he proves his value
      Sturridge - still a guy to consider as a backup, he knows he won't play for any decent teams anymore, so he could be OK with such a role

And it's not as if this squad cannot beat Burnley comfortably at home, so I'll go for it!

Season effectively over ? Seriously ? Have i missed something ? It's one point not 101
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #24: Mar 06, 2019 04:52:51 pm
      What sh*te.

I've said before ...move your tank.

Its the Blue Moon Forum you want mate and I'll help you on your merry way with a link

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forums/bluemoon-forum.1/

Simples.

I challenge anyone on this board to make a valid case that suggests German_Panzer is a Liverpool fan and not a troll.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #25: Mar 06, 2019 05:06:41 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

Give Gini, Robbo and Bobby a day off.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #26: Mar 06, 2019 05:30:39 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

Give Gini, Robbo and Bobby a day off.

Need bobby and wijnaldum
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #27: Mar 06, 2019 05:32:11 pm

Not over. Our season is CL now, PL should become a light approach which doesn't mean to hand it over to MC just to combine our pursuit with some evaluation and rotation, maybe that's even doing something good for us, maybe we get stronger by new fresh players, maybe MC gets too cocky because of our approach and falls. But of course Jürgen won't doing it, he doesn't have the PS4 mentality to do it. :P 
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #28: Mar 06, 2019 05:35:17 pm

Gini’s in desperate need of a rest and Bobby only just getting back to fitness. I would be surprised if we don’t rest players especially against Burnley.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #29: Mar 06, 2019 05:50:49 pm

I need a drink reading this thread
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #30: Mar 06, 2019 05:50:50 pm
      Alisson; Trent, Matip, VVD, Robertson; Fabinho, Gini, Keita; Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Absolute must win this as City will probably be 4 clear by kick off.

Gini’s in desperate need of a rest and Bobby only just getting back to fitness. I would be surprised if we don’t rest players especially against Burnley.

Honestly, if anyone needs a rest then do it on Wednesday in the Champions League.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31: Mar 06, 2019 06:11:36 pm
      Keita to come in and Bobby
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #32: Mar 06, 2019 06:38:01 pm
      Full strength team for Burnley and Munich May be rest if needed against Fulham
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #33: Mar 06, 2019 07:05:46 pm
      Apologies if this was stated in previous posts on this thread. 9 games left, or so?

Time to bring back heavy metal football and to go for glory!!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #34: Mar 06, 2019 10:39:39 pm
      Feel confident about this game for a change. Have already boldly predicted a 4  0 score line for the Reds. It is time to be more attacking with games beginning to slowly run out, showing the true mettle of the team.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #35: Mar 07, 2019 02:07:53 am
      I need a drink reading this thread

I need a few cones mate.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #36: Mar 07, 2019 09:49:40 am
      Burnley have just started to become their old selves again. Picking up points and being hard to beat.

The odious Ashley Barnes and his fellow striker Chris Wood have both scored in a good few games in a row. Hopefully the VVD presence puts an end to that run and we take our chances when they come at the other end.

I really hope Firmino can find his form if he comes into the starting XI. With Mos form looking fairly ominous for us at the moment there's a lot of pressure on Mane to win us games and his numbers alone won't do that for us.

In a team who's front 3 get the vast vast majority of its goals we cant afford to have 2 of them misfiring for any decent length of time.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37: Mar 07, 2019 09:55:48 am
      Burnley have just started to become their old selves again. Picking up points and being hard to beat.

The odious Ashley Barnes and his fellow striker Chris Wood have both scored in a good few games in a row. Hopefully the VVD presence puts an end to that run and we take our chances when they come at the other end.

I really hope Firmino can find his form if he comes into the starting XI. With Mos form looking fairly ominous for us at the moment there's a lot of pressure on Mane to win us games and his numbers alone won't do that for us.

In a team who's front 3 get the vast vast majority of its goals we cant afford to have 2 of them misfiring for any decent length of time.

Doesn't look like Palace had much difficulty in beating them last weekend, are you suggesting Palace have a better attack or defence than we do?
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #38: Mar 07, 2019 10:25:13 am
      PL is imho the priority, but there's a wee game coming midweek too.
      Be interesting to see who Jürgen plays vs Burnley, then who comes in vs Bayern.
      Would think he'll make *some* changes [though he usually doesn't make many] - must be more likely that Shaq/Keita/Origi will start one of the two.
      Bayern are experienced side, but no reason why we can't go there and get a result - just need to make sure we get the job done on Sunday. Would love to go through to the next round of the CL.
      But if had to choose between a win against Burnley or Bayern - would say Burnley.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #39: Mar 07, 2019 10:28:57 am
      Doesn't look like Palace had much difficulty in beating them last weekend, are you suggesting Palace have a better attack or defence than we do?
      And Newcastle beat them 2-0 the match before.

No excuses if we don't win this!

COYR!!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40: Mar 07, 2019 10:32:39 am
      And Newcastle beat them 2-0 the match before.

No excuses if we don't win this!

COYR!!!

We WILL win this game, we have far to much quality for them, they may try to frustrate us and park the bus but even then I think we can get at them.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41: Mar 07, 2019 11:07:59 am

No but I'll suggest to you that Burnley will move their defensive line a further 10 yards back for this one.

Burnley were in the bottom 3 not so long ago, over the last 10 games they've got themselves out of trouble.

Unless we get a few early goals like we did against Watford this will be another fight. There's an away draw with United and a home win against Spurs in their recent results. They'll be up for this one too.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #42: Mar 07, 2019 12:16:03 pm

Do you need a reason mate ?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #43: Mar 07, 2019 01:17:10 pm
      Not over. Our season is CL now, PL should become a light approach which doesn't mean to hand it over to MC just to combine our pursuit with some evaluation and rotation, maybe that's even doing something good for us, maybe we get stronger by new fresh players, maybe MC gets too cocky because of our approach and falls. But of course Jürgen won't doing it, he doesn't have the PS4 mentality to do it. :P 

Jesus F***ing christ, there's nonsense talked by football fans and then there's this.

Pack it in Jürgen, there's no hope now we're a whole ONE point behind.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #44: Mar 07, 2019 01:17:24 pm
      Am I reading correctly that it’s suggested we rest players in the CL to beat the might Burnley at home?

F***ing absolute madness on this forum the state of it!
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #45: Mar 07, 2019 01:33:11 pm
      Am I reading correctly that it’s suggested we rest players in the CL to beat the might Burnley at home?

F***ing absolute madness on this forum the state of it!

Exactly. If there was ever a time to rotate, it'd be against Burnley or Fulham, not the game that takes you into the CL's last 8.

Quick Reply