Trending Topics

Next match: Sporting v LFC [Friendly] Thu 25th Jul @ 1:05 am
      Yankee Stadium, New York, USA

Today is the 22nd of July and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D2 L2

We are set up not to lose a game

Read 2895 times
      skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 454 posts | 138 
      Re: We are set up not to lose a game
      Reply #100: Mar 08, 2019 09:20:45 am
      Exactly
      From +7 to -1 in standings because the team can't put the ball in the net. Not verses top PL teams. Not vs CL teams on European soil.
      But reading these willfully ignorant /head in the sand deniers who view all ties as grand results.....priceless.
      The elite teams of the world who go after 3 and 4 trophies each season treat ties with disdain. Cucked LFC fans who haven't tasted real glory in multi decades cling to low expectations.
      Fans satisfied with ties deserve these ties.
      BeJesus!  Hope McEnroe clatters you!!!
      skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 454 posts | 138 
      Reply #101: Mar 08, 2019 09:21:49 am
      Chelsea got Higuian, West Ham got Nasri, Leicester got Tielemans, Arsenal got Denis Suarez, City got Palaversa, we got rid of players.
      Well looked up on t'internet!
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,760 posts | 1881 
      Reply #102: Mar 08, 2019 10:06:06 am

erm what?????????????
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,870 posts | 1049 
      Reply #103: Mar 08, 2019 11:19:44 am
      The big change from last seasons heavy metal football is that we are now set up to be more conservative and make sure we don't lose.  This has become more evident the last couple of months with maybe a bit of pressure now on to win the league and us dropping points.

The questions is does Klopp take the shackles off and get back to how we played last season and put more emphasis on wining a game rather than not losing it.  I think we have more to lose by not wanting to lose a game rather than going full throttle till the end of the season.

CMON You REDMEN!!!!!

:kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0:

No we’re not.

We’re the second highest scoring team with the best defensive record of any top 5 league side.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,760 posts | 1881 
      Reply #104: Mar 08, 2019 11:25:50 am
      No we’re not.

We’re the second highest scoring team with the best defensive record of any top 5 league side.

We're also a team with 3 draws in our last 5 matches, a tweak is needed, just a very small adjustment in midfield to give an extra attack dimension.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,866 posts | 2122 
      Reply #105: Mar 08, 2019 11:37:32 am
      We're also a team with 3 draws in our last 5 matches, a tweak is needed, just a very small adjustment in midfield to give an extra attack dimension.

Those three draws were against Bayern Munich,  Man United and Everton. So two of the toughest aways of the season and a game against one of the traditional big sides in European football.

The other two games in the 5 we won 3-0 and 5-0.

andylfcynwa

• 7,559 posts | 813 
      Reply #106: Mar 08, 2019 11:41:57 am
      Chelsea got Higuian, West Ham got Nasri, Leicester got Tielemans, Arsenal got Denis Suarez, City got Palaversa, we got rid of players.
      Really setting the place on fire 🔥 that lot Sami fckin Nasri
      JHC
      Should be renamed the straw and clutching thread .
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,577 posts | 2336 
      Reply #107: Mar 08, 2019 12:20:29 pm
      BeJesus!  Hope McEnroe clatters you!!!

:laugh:
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,760 posts | 1881 
      Reply #108: Mar 08, 2019 12:27:04 pm
      Those three draws were against Bayern Munich,  Man United and Everton. So two of the toughest aways of the season and a game against one of the traditional big sides in European football.

The other two games in the 5 we won 3-0 and 5-0.

Yes I'm not all doom and gloom about it, we are a very good team, but in all three of the games we drew we played a quite passive midfield.  I think that in all three of those games if Keita had played, and played well, then we would have created more chances to score without sacrificing much defensively. I believe it would have turned those draws into wins.
      andylfcynwa

• 7,559 posts | 813 
      Reply #109: Mar 08, 2019 12:41:40 pm
      Yes I'm not all doom and gloom about it, we are a very good team, but in all three of the games we drew we played a quite passive midfield.  I think that in all three of those games if Keita had played, and played well, then we would have created more chances to score without sacrificing much defensively. I believe it would have turned those draws into wins.

Nail on head there, you said if Naby plays well , it’s a big if so far his form has been very sporadic , I think his form has been one of the biggest disappointments so far , I’m sure he’ll come good but likely that could be next season .
      Mickred
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 325 posts | 42 
      Reply #110: Mar 08, 2019 01:18:31 pm

Nicely said.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,760 posts | 1881 
      Reply #111: Mar 08, 2019 02:33:14 pm
      Nail on head there, you said if Naby plays well , it’s a big if so far his form has been very sporadic , I think his form has been one of the biggest disappointments so far , I’m sure he’ll come good but likely that could be next season .

He's been playing better lately and in any case he offers a more attacking threat than Henderson, Milner, Gini or Fabinho. The only way he'll improve is with games same as Fabinho.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,933 posts | 814 
      • YNWA
      Reply #112: Mar 09, 2019 09:48:55 am
      But we could definitely do with a true attacking midfielder playing in front of 2 engine room midfielders, rather than playing 3 engine room types. Keita in particular I would like to see get more game time. He's been hit and miss when he's played, but he's not been that bad that he's way behind the other midfielders - and he should get some goals ( it's a shame a couple of those beauties that he hit earlier in the season didn't get saved - would have really kickstarted him I think).

Another thing is that as things stand with Keita not having played much is that we still don't know if he is going to a key player for us next season or not. Might not seem a priority right now, but come the summer Jürgen is going to have to decide do we need another AM. I'd be playing Keita more anyway, for the reason above, but a secondary factor would be just finding out whether or not we need another AM next season or not.

Agree on the attacking midfielder, that we will likely sign one in the summer. Even look at Pogba, has 14 goals so far this season already. We were close to getting Fekir last summer, so it's a player Jürgen is looking to sign anyway. AOC will come back, but he's prone to injury, and doesn't get into the scoring figures of a Cou or similar player.

On Keita, think he'll get another season. Has shown in flashes that he has the ability. Though never know what's going on behind the scenes. He seemed to be almost about to get a steady run of games until he was left out 3 or 4 games ago, and we've not seen him since. Surely though will start either the Burnley or Bayern matches.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,298 posts | 491 
      Reply #113: Mar 09, 2019 09:57:22 am
      Pretty much where I’m at with him,I personally expected a bit more from him like many fellow reds but looking at it philosophically  some players hit the ground running and have an instant impact but some just take longer to find there feet,it’ll click with him of that I have no doubt.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,760 posts | 1881 
      Reply #114: Mar 09, 2019 12:25:13 pm
      Pretty much where I’m at with him,I personally expected a bit more from him like many fellow reds but looking at it philosophically  some players hit the ground running and have an instant impact but some just take longer to find there feet,it’ll click with him of that I have no doubt.

I agree regarding Keita but even a slightly misfiring Keita offers more in attack than Hendo, Milner and Gini. I think until Ox comes back we should be playing Keita or possibly even Shaq, I think he could maybe do a decent job as AM, he certainly has an eye for goal.
      andylfcynwa

• 7,559 posts | 813 
      Reply #115: Mar 09, 2019 12:38:54 pm
      I agree regarding Keita but even a slightly misfiring Keita offers more in attack than Hendo, Milner and Gini. I think until Ox comes back we should be playing Keita or possibly even Shaq, I think he could maybe do a decent job as AM, he certainly has an eye for goal.

This perception people have with Shaq is very different to the one one I’m
      seeing ,
      Has gone missing in every game he’s started.
      He’s had good patches off the bench but as a starter he’s been poor
      Not a starter of a game for me just my opinion of course .
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,298 posts | 491 
      Reply #116: Mar 09, 2019 12:47:50 pm
      seeing ,
      Yeah,in regard to your comment about him going missing  that was a criticism
      Of him at all of his previous clubs & the fact he can be very lazy also,didn’t expect to see the same at Liverpool though.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,760 posts | 1881 
      Reply #117: Mar 09, 2019 01:30:05 pm
      Yeah,in regard to your comment about him going missing  that was a criticism
      Of him at all of his previous clubs & the fact he can be very lazy also,didn’t expect to see the same at Liverpool though.

I wouldn't say he has been lazy, I think his form has just dipped a bit recently, still a very valuable option off the bench
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,577 posts | 2336 
      Reply #118: Mar 09, 2019 01:37:38 pm
      seeing ,

Agreed.
      However, I should also say that I don't think he's fully integrated into Klopp's systems yet, and that he'll be more consistent next season.
      I say that, because at times, I've seen him looking around, unsure of where he's supposed to be in relation to other players.
      I was worried about the "lazy" tag that seems to follow him around, but actually, I think that side of his game has been OK, and for the most part, he's pressed and tracked back pretty well.

We're still on course to equal last seasons number of league goals, so I'm not sure what the fuss is about in this thread.

regarding Keita, 27 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, so again, not sure where the clamour for him to start is coming from.
      I've no doubt he'll get better and better, but for me, the run in is not the place to be bedding a player in, bar some sub appearances.
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2019 01:41:39 pm by Swab »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #119: Mar 09, 2019 06:13:45 pm
      Klopp has held Shaqiri and Keita back. Milner and Henderson have had quite a few bad performances, Keita had one or two and he's dropped.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #120: Mar 09, 2019 06:16:29 pm
      Agreed.
      However, I should also say that I don't think he's fully integrated into Klopp's systems yet, and that he'll be more consistent next season.
      I say that, because at times, I've seen him looking around, unsure of where he's supposed to be in relation to other players.
      I was worried about the "lazy" tag that seems to follow him around, but actually, I think that side of his game has been OK, and for the most part, he's pressed and tracked back pretty well.

We're still on course to equal last seasons number of league goals, so I'm not sure what the fuss is about in this thread.

regarding Keita, 27 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, so again, not sure where the clamour for him to start is coming from.
      I've no doubt he'll get better and better, but for me, the run in is not the place to be bedding a player in, bar some sub appearances.
      How many of those 27 did he start? Also I don't think it's 27 appearances. I think 20 in league and 5 in cup.
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2019 06:26:36 pm by Ribapuru »
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,866 posts | 2122 
      Reply #121: Mar 11, 2019 10:51:06 am
      Right so another win and 4 goals scored yesterday, which could have easily been 5 or 6.

Do we still really think this side is set up not to lose and defensive?

After 30 League games we have:

5 more wins than last season

2 less drawn games

3 less defeats

Scored the same amount of goals, second highest in the league, and conceded 17 less than last season.

For me we're set up to win football matches and just because it doesn't look as attacking as last season don't let that fool you that our main aim going into each game isn't to win.

« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2019 01:11:36 pm by srslfc »
      Dadorious

• 8,870 posts | 1049 
      Reply #122: Mar 11, 2019 10:54:31 am
      It’s a bullshit thread and argument. We have outscored the league leaders in both the German and Italian leagues and only scored two goals less than the mighty and creative Barcelona.
      Mickred
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 325 posts | 42 
      Reply #123: Mar 11, 2019 01:30:49 pm
      Stats are more powerful than this sh*t post.

For a sh*t post you sure do spend a lot of time on it!!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,577 posts | 2336 
      Reply #124: Mar 11, 2019 01:36:43 pm
      Right so another win and 4 goals scored yesterday, which could have easily been 5 or 6.

Do we still really think this side is set up not to lose and defensive?

After 30 League games we have:

5 more wins than last season

2 less drawn games

3 less defeats

Scored the same amount of goals, second highest in the league, and conceded 17 less than last season.

For me we're set up to win football matches and just because it doesn't look as attacking as last season don't let that fool you that our main aim going into each game isn't to win.

Exactly, but as ever, those pushing an agenda ignore facts, go off on tangents, and generally act the sh*te rather than accept that the premise is wrong.

For info, I don't include the thread starter in this, it was a perfectly valid question that was hijacked by the usual suspects.

Quick Reply