Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are set up not to lose a game

Read 11503 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: We are set up not to lose a game
      Reply #46: Mar 06, 2019 03:08:05 pm
      We don't need to change anything major, I love our new defensive solidity this season, 15 goals conceded at this stage is amazing but one of the reasons for that is that we play with 2 banks of defense, the CB's, FB's plus 3 defensive midfielders, its a bit to negative in my opinion and puts way to much emphasis on the forwards and FB's having amazing games which they simply can't have every game. All I want to see is that we replace 1 of the defensive midfielders with a proper Attacking midfielder we have three (Ox, Keita and Shaquiri) who can offer penetration through the middle and link up with the forwards. We will still have more than enough defensive cover but it will lead to better chances being created and that's all we need at this stage.
      With this new formation we may concede a few more goals, but it will be more than compensated by the extra chances and goals created

Come on Jürgen time to take the shackles off now.

That there is the whole point i have been making all these months... We maybe shipping less goals but we are also struggling to score them. The play has been slowed, and defensive given too much time to reset themselves, and chances harder to find.
      Can't see why people are not seeing it
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #47: Mar 06, 2019 03:13:54 pm
      We've had 7 draws in the league.

United away - good result
      Chelsea away - good result
      Arsenal away - good result
      Everton away - decent result
      City home - decent result.

We’ve literally had 2 'bad' draws all season being the Leicester and West Ham.

Man City away is our only defeat.

Explain how we are set up to not lose when we have 21 WINS?

Did I say/state anywhere that we are set up not to lose
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #48: Mar 06, 2019 03:20:18 pm
      64 goals in 29 games, yet according to some "we struggle to score.

It's the 2nd highest in the league, but "we struggle to score"

It is beaten only by our defensive record, where we are first in the league for fewest goals conceded.

Last season we scored 84 leagues goals, and conceded 38.

Even if we round down the goals per game (yet to be played) to 2, we are still on track for 82 goals this season.
      If we use 2.2 goals per game, we get 83.6 goals for the season which rounds up to 84, the same as last season.
      And yet some would have it that "we struggle to score".

What an immense steaming pile of F***ing horseshit.

Just a cursory look at stats tells anyone with half a brain, that we are not struggling to score over the course of the season.
      « Last Edit: Mar 06, 2019 03:27:07 pm by Swab »
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #49: Mar 06, 2019 04:54:04 pm
      It’s all about balance in football.

If you think about the performances under Rodgers and Klopp in his first 2 seasons, it was all out attack and very exciting to watch but with a huge sacrifice of defence and it never felt we were in control of the outcome of games.

Under Rafa, on the whole, we were a defensive side and would often try to score a goal and then play very deep and try to catch the opponent on the counter but by playing this way, we sacrificed our attack.

This shows that regardless of the group of players you have, if you opt for heavy metal, you’re going to concede a sh*t ton. If you park a bus, you’re not going to blow anyone away. You need to find a balance.

I believe this season that Klopp has found the balance and that is the underlying reason why we are up there fighting for the title. I’m quite happy for us to play a little less exciting and a little more controlled if it means we are winning trophies.

As Jamie Carragher said on Sky, if Liverpool are to win the league, it’ll be thanks to the defence, not the attack.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #50: Mar 06, 2019 05:48:20 pm
      I agree about Fekir but what then is the point of Shaq and Keita, why were they signed if not to offer an attacking threat in midfield?

Keita obviously wasn't signed with that role in mind considering we went after Fekir when Naby had already signed for us.

Shaqiri doesn't play in midfield. Whenever he has started we've gone 4-2-3-1 and put Salah up top to fit him in.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #51: Mar 06, 2019 06:00:37 pm
      It’s all about balance in football.

If you think about the performances under Rodgers and Klopp in his first 2 seasons, it was all out attack and very exciting to watch but with a huge sacrifice of defence and it never felt we were in control of the outcome of games.

Under Rafa, on the whole, we were a defensive side and would often try to score a goal and then play very deep and try to catch the opponent on the counter but by playing this way, we sacrificed our attack.

This shows that regardless of the group of players you have, if you opt for heavy metal, you’re going to concede a sh*t ton. If you park a bus, you’re not going to blow anyone away. You need to find a balance.

I believe this season that Klopp has found the balance and that is the underlying reason why we are up there fighting for the title. I’m quite happy for us to play a little less exciting and a little more controlled if it means we are winning trophies.

As Jamie Carragher said on Sky, if Liverpool are to win the league, it’ll be thanks to the defence, not the attack.

Of course it's about balance, and IMO we're pretty close to being superbly balanced no matter the system
      Ox is the biggest miss for us this season, but we also need another player for the bus parkers.
      A lot of people identify it as the #10 role, and I'd agree with that.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #52: Mar 06, 2019 06:10:41 pm
      64 goals in 29 games, yet according to some "we struggle to score.

It's the 2nd highest in the league, but "we struggle to score"

It is beaten only by our defensive record, where we are first in the league for fewest goals conceded.

Last season we scored 84 leagues goals, and conceded 38.

Even if we round down the goals per game (yet to be played) to 2, we are still on track for 82 goals this season.
      If we use 2.2 goals per game, we get 83.6 goals for the season which rounds up to 84, the same as last season.
      And yet some would have it that "we struggle to score".

What an immense steaming pile of f**king horseshit.

Just a cursory look at stats tells anyone with half a brain, that we are not struggling to score over the course of the season.

too many generalizations happening by fans because of clickbait pundits trying to push a narrative and twitter accounts with salahLFC in their names with knee jerk reactions.

PUNDITS are literally saying SALAH IS HAVING A BAD SEASON WHEN HES THE 2ND HIGHEST GOAL SCORER BY 1 GOAL!

its truely bizarre. FEELINGS OVER FACTS. THEY WANT US TO PLAY LIKE WE DID LAST SEASON WHEN WE ACTUALLY FINISHED FOURTH!!

THIS SEASON HAS ACTUALLY BEEN AMAZING, THESE PEOPLE ARE LITERALLY FOOTBALL SNOWFLAKES.

DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND SEE OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS THE POINTS TOTALS OF TEAMS AT THE TOP AFTER 29 GAMES. LOOK AT THEIR RECORDS

https://www.premierleague.com/tables?co=1&se=54&ha=-1

GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS THAT WE ARE HAVING AN ASTOUNDING SEASON
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #53: Mar 06, 2019 06:12:52 pm
      There's several players at our club that wouldn't get in the other top 6 starting XI and others that wouldn't get on their bench. Henderson wouldn't get in the starting XI at City or Chelsea, United, Arsenal or Spurs and if we were to offer Lallana on a free, most the top half of the table would decline.
      Henderson played in the draws against Everton, United, Leicester, Chelsea, City and the City loss.
      Lallana played in the draws against Everton and West Ham.

The only game we have not won that didn't feature Lallana or Henderson was against Arsenal.

It's not because Henderson plays a lot, the stats are we have got almost double the points in the games Henderson has not played in.

In answer to the topic, if we want a draw.. pick Henderson, of we want to win pick somebody else.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #54: Mar 06, 2019 06:14:29 pm
      too many generalizations happening by fans because of clickbait pundits trying to push a narrative and twitter accounts with salahLFC in their names with knee jerk reactions.

PUNDITS are literally saying SALAH IS HAVING A BAD SEASON WHEN HES THE 2ND HIGHEST GOAL SCORER BY 1 GOAL!

its truely bizarre. FEELINGS OVER FACTS. THEY WANT US TO PLAY LIKE WE DID LAST SEASON WHEN WE ACTUALLY FINISHED FOURTH!!

THIS SEASON HAS ACTUALLY BEEN AMAZING, THESE PEOPLE ARE LITERALLY FOOTBALL SNOWFLAKES.

Facts mean nothing, Klopp's own words mean nothing, only Barry from t'interweb has a clue, because he has 12k twitter followers.

It's F***ing bizarre.

Like JD said, if you can't enjoy this season, maybe footballs not the game for you (not you PG, just a generic "you" ;D  )

On the other hand, some people just get off on whinging and trying to stir the sh*t, or spoil other people's enjoyment.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #55: Mar 06, 2019 06:17:31 pm
      There's several players at our club that wouldn't get in the other top 6 starting XI and others that wouldn't get on their bench. Henderson wouldn't get in the starting XI at City or Chelsea, United, Arsenal or Spurs and if we were to offer Lallana on a free, most the top half of the table would decline.
      Henderson played in the draws against Everton, United, Leicester, Chelsea, City and the City loss.
      Lallana played in the draws against Everton and West Ham.

The only game we have not won that didn't feature Lallana or Henderson was against Arsenal.

It's not because Henderson plays a lot, the stats are we have got almost double the points in the games Henderson has not played in.

In answer to the topic, if we want a draw.. pick Henderson, of we want to win pick somebody else.

This is what I mean.

The "we don't score enough goals" bollocks gets destroyed, so here comes this fucknugget to try and stir the pot again with the same bullshit arguments he's been using to try and get a rise out of people all season.

He doesn't understand that he's overplaying his hand, and people are starting to get pissed off with his little forum gang.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #56: Mar 06, 2019 06:22:24 pm
      This is what I mean.

The "we don't score enough goals" bollocks gets destroyed, so here comes this fucknugget to try and stir the pot again with the same bullshit arguments he's been using to try and get a rise out of people all season.

He doesn't understand that he's overplaying his hand, and people are starting to get pissed off with his little forum gang.

https://twitter.com/rajsinghchohan/status/1102628572987097091?s=19

https://twitter.com/rajsinghchohan/status/1102287280859987980?s=19

How am I trying to get a rise out of anyone? What do you think about these stats Shabs?

Based on those stats if Henderson started every game we'd be slogging out out with Newcastle and Palace.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #57: Mar 06, 2019 06:25:17 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Liverpool had a better win percentage without Gerrard in the team, than they did with Gerrard in the team.

This also isn't the Henderson thread, but no one was biting in there, so up you pop with yet another attempt at derailing.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #58: Mar 06, 2019 06:31:11 pm

Liverpool had a better win percentage without Gerrard in the team, than they did with Gerrard in the team.

This also isn't the Henderson thread, but no one was biting in there, so up you pop with yet another attempt at derailing.
      no, but if it's about set up to draw it's the Henderson 2 thread. It's funny, every time I back my points up with facts you smokescreen it with Gerrard and it's not the Henderson thread. So show me the Gerrard stats then? Otherwise I'm calling that one bullsh*t.

You see, now we are talking about Gerrard and not how bad Henderson has been. You truly are the master of changing the subject everytime you are beat. You accused me of derailing? Hypocrit. You have no counter to Henderson's performances because stats hands down that cannot be argued with show we've been pathetic in the games he's started in.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #59: Mar 06, 2019 06:31:18 pm
      There's several players at our club that wouldn't get in the other top 6 starting XI and others that wouldn't get on their bench.

Who gives a sh*t?

So we've got players that wouldn't get into sides but we're still better than them and higher in the league?

Utter drivel.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #60: Mar 06, 2019 06:33:44 pm
      Who gives a sh*t?

So we've got players that wouldn't get into sides but we're still better than them and higher in the league?

Utter drivel.
      Stats are more powerful than this sh*t post.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #61: Mar 06, 2019 06:35:26 pm
      I certainly hope Ox will be good when he gets back too, he's a true CM. Fedup of this defence in midfield crap.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #62: Mar 06, 2019 06:36:07 pm

Yeah, confirmation bias at its finest. Cherry picking data to back up an opinion that is also completely unrelated to the subject of the thread  ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #63: Mar 06, 2019 06:36:55 pm
      no, but if it's about set up to draw it's the Henderson 2 thread. It's funny, every time I back my points up with facts you smokescreen it with Gerrard and it's not the Henderson thread. So show me the Gerrard stats then? Otherwise I'm calling that one bullsh*t.

You see, now we are talking about Gerrard and not how bad Henderson has been. You truly are the master of changing the subject everytime you are beat. You accused me of derailing? Hypocrit. You have no counter to Henderson's performances because stats hands down that cannot be argued with show we've been pathetic in the games he's started in.

This is not the Henderson thread.

Hey, remember that time you got a warning for typing one liners in every thread on the first page because you had a hissy fit when a thread you didn't like was allowed to stay, so you tried to get it off the first page because you thought no one would see it that way?

Remember that?

:lmao:

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #64: Mar 06, 2019 06:39:12 pm
      Yeah, confirmation bias at its finest. Cherry picking data to back up an opinion that is also completely unrelated to the subject of the thread  ;D

It was always a strange stat, that one, then I saw that teams were just more open against us when Gerrard didn't play, which if nothing else, was a massive compliment to him.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #65: Mar 06, 2019 06:41:44 pm
      how is it cherry picked data. We've only won one game against the top 6 where Henderson started since beginning of last season. He's played in 13 of them. We've won 5/9 without him. If it is a negative stat I'm accused of cherry picking, if it were a positive stat you'd be all over it though, saying how it proves he's so good.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #66: Mar 06, 2019 06:43:29 pm
      It was always a strange stat, that one, then I saw that teams were just more open against us when Gerrard didn't play, which if nothing else, was a massive compliment to him.
      I really don't think you know what you are talking about. That stat is in no way a complement.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #67: Mar 06, 2019 06:44:31 pm
      how is it cherry picked data. We've only won one game against the top 6 where Henderson started since beginning of last season. He's played in 13 of them. We've won 5/9 without him. If it is a negative stat I'm accused of cherry picking, if it were a positive stat you'd be all over it though, saying how it proves he's so good.

Because this isn't tennis, you insufferable clown. There are 10 other players on the field.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #68: Mar 06, 2019 06:44:50 pm
      I really don't think you know what you are talking about. That stat is in no way a complement.

Hey, remember that time you got a warning for typing one liners in every thread on the first page because you had a hissy fit when a thread you didn't like was allowed to stay, so you tried to get it off the first page because you thought no one would see it that way?

Remember that?

:lmao:

Quick Reply