Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (0.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      6 (5.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (0.9%)
       Fabinho
      2 (1.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      56 (48.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      32 (27.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (4.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      12 (10.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (0.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Voting closed: Mar 14, 2019 01:54:09 pm

Liverpool 4-2 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25925 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Liverpool 4-2 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Mar 10, 2019 03:15:07 pm
      What I saw in the 4 goals scored being that the trio of Mo, Salah and Bobby were hungry with much urgency and did not give up. They kept taking on defenders deep into Burnley's box and it paid off. If they continue to play with the same approach and intensity, I don't see how we don't win the remaining games. The only thing that needs fast improvement is the final pass into the opposition box and shooting accuracy. Some intense training may help a great deal.

The 4 goals scored were in a swashbuckling style, I like that. No one say we must break down the opposition defence in hollywood style everytime to score. Just bundle the ball over the the opposition goal line is all that matters to me. 

Eventually, it is the score that matters, nothing else. I have the hunch that citeh will just slip up again.
      « Last Edit: Mar 10, 2019 03:21:34 pm by redkop63 »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #507: Mar 10, 2019 03:25:34 pm
      If he was a genius we have beaten Everton  West ham and bloody Leicester three poor teams. Good win today Burnley are terrible and dyche talking sh*te after the match.

Get back under that rock you crawled out from Muppet,  you have no idea what my reference was to Lallana . ?
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #508: Mar 10, 2019 03:26:37 pm
      8 to go now boys, COYR :scarf:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #509: Mar 10, 2019 03:27:48 pm
      Yes, Trent's winger position was influenced by the wind, I give him that and he tried his best, played physical. Keita looks just uncomfortable in this team and doesn't compensate it with effort and tackling.

Keita did fine when he came on you're talking utter balls as usual.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #510: Mar 10, 2019 03:30:01 pm
      Pretty gutsy performance in bad conditions and the opposition gifted an early goal by the officials.

We switched off in injury time, just got complacent, for their 2nd - Virgil the only defender trying to cover 4 Burnley players. And Alisson came within a ball hair of dropping that last cross of theirs - thank F**k he recovered it! Overall though a decent performance, showing a bit of grit and composure.

Lallana MOTM - all action from the off. Said before I don't know why so many have been writing him off this season. He's had injury problems, but when he's played he's done well. He's still 29 or 30 I think, so he could be a good player for us for another 3 seasons. He suits Jürgen's style and we press better when he plays. Plus he's more creative than Hendo, Fab n Gini. Could be important for us in the run in.

Anyway, vital win. Good character from the team. Confidence boosting goals for Bobby and Sadio as well, at a good time. Salah played well today too, just could do with a goal.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #511: Mar 10, 2019 03:33:31 pm
      Come on guys settle it down, we won ffs, enjoy it for christ sake
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #512: Mar 10, 2019 03:34:10 pm
      Be interested to see if fifa now get tough on city who have reportedly broken financial fair play rules over and over by deducting them a number of points. That's only the message they can send out that shows they mean business. City will laugh if its a financial penalty
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #513: Mar 10, 2019 03:34:49 pm
      Come on guys settle it down, we won ffs, enjoy it for christ sake

What? Enjoy football?

An alien concept to many judging by what's been posted on here for most of the season.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #514: Mar 10, 2019 03:39:26 pm
      2 points away from 75 - the number of points we finished on last season - with 8 games to go, the progression is evident!  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #515: Mar 10, 2019 03:41:22 pm
      Bobby looks like he is getting back to his best and Lallana was very impressive indeed, it was between those 2 for MOTM for me.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #516: Mar 10, 2019 03:41:37 pm
      What? Enjoy football?

An alien concept to many judging by what's been posted on here for most of the season.

As a self confessed pessimistic moaning old c**t it pains me to say it but we won, lighten up
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #517: Mar 10, 2019 03:42:41 pm
      Let's hope arsenal beat united today cos by time they play city if they keep going they have top four wrapoer up. They be on there holidays then against city and have a reserve team out. Anyway main thing we could control was win today.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #518: Mar 10, 2019 03:42:48 pm
      Lets hope Arsenal being an attacking side gives the scum's defence a good pounding which leaves them with no choice but to win the match against City to fight for top 4.

There is no way that Manure will bend over for their noisy neighbours, I simply cannot imagine that happening.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #519: Mar 10, 2019 03:42:49 pm
      If he was a genius we have beaten Everton  West ham and bloody Leicester three poor teams. Good win today Burnley are terrible and dyche talking sh*te after the match.

Shut up you daft tart.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #520: Mar 10, 2019 03:46:21 pm
      To be honest, that goal changed us, we had a good half after that. I don't fully rate our second half performance though, we'll need to be better against Chelsea. 3 points is vital outcome today.

So are you happy that we've won? Or are you dissatisfied with today's performance?
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #521: Mar 10, 2019 03:49:05 pm

If Klopp is not a genius, then what is he to you? Say it.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #522: Mar 10, 2019 03:58:47 pm
      Seems to be a trend of the same negative posters on each match thread regardless of the result. I’m sure if we win the league they’ll still be spouting sh*te about how our goal difference wasn’t high enough or some sh*t.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #523: Mar 10, 2019 04:08:45 pm
      When i watch the game in replay i usually don't go back to read entire threads but today i had to given Lallana's inclusion in the opening lineup and it did not disappoint. "expect zero productivity", "you know what we'll get from him" and then goes on and is MOTM hahahaha

Really happy for Adam. I think we have moved past him and needs to move on in the offseason but he had a monster game and gave the middle finger to his doubters. That pass out wide to Salah for the first was great then his hard press creating the turnover for the 2nd on top of his hard work in the middle of the park.

I like the way we started the game, with lots of urgency like it was the dying minutes of a game and we needed a goal. If the ball went out of play we ran and got it and restarted play as soon as possible.

First Burnley goal was a foul and glad Alisson let the refs know it even if he got a yellow out of it. That type of incompetence cannot be tolerated but we didn't tighten up and instead took it to them being by far the better team. Front 3 were fantastic, Hendo came on and delivered a great 25 minutes and Keita looked good coming in as well. My guess is he starts in Munich on Wednesday and this was just a warm up to get some of the rust off. That pass by Sturridge to Mane for the 4th was beautiful. So much skill in him it is such a shame he could never fully utilize it.

Overall a great game particularly in such awful playing conditions. Looked like hell being out there in the rain, hail and wind.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #524: Mar 10, 2019 04:11:01 pm
      Today was good result in wild windy conditions which probably suited burnley more. We can't afford to drop any points on the run in. We need to lift it a notch every game. It's exciting times. With all our near misses over the last number of years in just missing out on pl and been beaten in cup finals sum by terrible referring we need silverware a lot more than city do
      We need silverware more than city do!!!!!, they’ve won a couple of trophies so F***ing what?  We’ve got a F***ing cabinet full fella,before the Mansour family rocked up with there billions & there bent ways they where a nothing club and on the grand scheme of things they’ve got a long F***ing way to go before they can match our history & our trophy cabinet  and that of utd’s to.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #525: Mar 10, 2019 04:11:38 pm
      How anyone can be negative after that display is beyond me, the first goal to them should never have stood and the second was a typically scruffy extra time goal where concentration lapses after we've dominated the entire match, not good but sh*t happens. In between that and indeed afterwards we played some lovely free flowing attacking football, in very tricky conditions.
      If you compare that performance to Citeh's yesterday then I think we played much better football all round, for one thing we were playing a team that actually gave a sh*t as opposed to Watford B team.

My only slight concern is that we often look very flat at the start of the second half, I think Klopp needs to address that to get the lads a bit more fired up as they come out for the second half. I've noticed this quite often recently.

Having said all that I nearly lost my sh*t when Allison nearly fumbled the goal at the end, that would have been to F***ing cruel!
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #526: Mar 10, 2019 04:13:14 pm
      There is no way that Manure will bend over for their noisy neighbours, I simply cannot imagine that happening.
      Of course they will. Even there manager and players have said they will do everything to prevent lpool winning. It be like Watford a reserve teamout
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #527: Mar 10, 2019 04:14:01 pm
      Question: Is there a running total for MOTM winners this season?
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #528: Mar 10, 2019 04:19:21 pm
      We need silverware more than city do!!!!!, they’ve won a couple of trophies so f**king what?  We’ve got a f**king cabinet full fella,before the Mansour family rocked up with there billions & there bent ways they where a nothing club and on the grand scheme of things they’ve got a long f**king way to go before they can match our history & our trophy cabinet  and that of utd’s to.
      Yes but that's in bygone age. Since 2006sum13 seasons ago we have only won a league cup which hardly counts as a serious competition anymore. We need silverware. I think if we get the monkey off our back more will follow quickly. But it's an awful drought. Anyway we're progressing I think we deserve sum silverware considering all the bad luck we had in number of recent years concerning finals. I hope fifa get tough on city too and Dock them. Points if there found guilty. Or will they be let off with slap on wrists ie fine that they laugh atand mean nothing,

Quick Reply