Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

League Cup 2018/19 (Carabao Cup)

Read 26848 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: League Cup 2018/19 (Carabao Cup)
      Reply #115: Feb 25, 2019 09:52:27 am
      It's probably more entertaining than United's approach to the game from the first whistle

Small club mentality

we mentioned before the game that playing mid table team teams is always difficult and  it proved to be the case they just looked for crumbs at home the Theatre of negative thinking.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #116: Feb 25, 2019 11:16:26 am
      It's probably more entertaining than United's approach to the game from the first whistle

Small club mentality

Well we did at least try and win it as Alisson had more to do than De Gea.  ;)

Small club!!  Yeah course  :f_whistle:
      Kopite78
      Reply #117: Feb 25, 2019 11:20:15 am
      Well we did at least try and win it as Alisson had more to do than De Gea.  ;)

Small club!!  Yeah course  :f_whistle:

Small club mentality I said Keith
      Not that you're a small club.. but seeing as you aren't and you're the famous Manchester United I'd be embarrassed personally by your set up yesterday at home.. against your major rival to sit so deep, be so worried about us and start with the mentality of not getting beat and sticking with that throughout

It was small time thinking

I hope Ole gets the job because he's proved to me there that he won't have you competing
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #118: Feb 25, 2019 11:33:28 am
      Small club mentality I said Keith
      Not that you're a small club.. but seeing as you aren't and you're the famous Manchester United I'd be embarrassed personally by your set up yesterday at home.. against your major rival to sit so deep, be so worried about us and start with the mentality of not getting beat and sticking with that throughout

It was small time thinking

I hope Ole gets the job because he's proved to me there that he won't have you competing

I know mate was just having a laugh with you. The forum needs a lift after all the bickering you fans had at each other on the United v Liverpool thread.  :D

Reason why they were so deep is total respect for your front line. I was tad surprised being honest. However, after all the mealy with injuries in first half I'd of excepted a point.

United were their for the taking and Liverpool never took advantage of it. You have to look at your own club too as you certainly never played well so plenty of negativity in your yard too.

And yes tottaly agree with your thoughts on Ole. You know I've said repeatedly I don't think he's the one that can take us to the next level. Doing a grand job but long long way to go to prove himself.

Ole done enough to get a premier club though, just not ready for top club just yet. I say again!! Poch for me.  ;)
      Kopite78
      Reply #119: Feb 25, 2019 11:35:59 am
      I know mate was just having a laugh with you. The forum needs a lift after all the bickering you fans had at each other on the United v Liverpool thread.  :D

Reason why they were so deep is total respect for your front line. I was tad surprised being honest. However, after all the mealy with injuries in first half I'd of excepted a point.

United were their for the taking and Liverpool never took advantage of it. You have to look at your own club too as you certainly never played well so plenty of negativity in your yard too.

And yes tottaly agree with your thoughts on Ole. You know I've said repeatedly I don't think he's the one that can take us to the next level. Doing a grand job but long long way to go to prove himself.

Ole done enough to get a premier club though, just not ready for top club just yet. I say again!! Poch for me.  ;)

I don't go in the match threads like I choose not to spend time in mental asylums

I'm sure alot of the same people are frequenters of both
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #120: Feb 25, 2019 11:39:25 am
      I don't go in the match threads like I choose not to spend time in mental asylums

Your a F***ing good judge then.   :D Glad I didn't post either  ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #121: Feb 25, 2019 12:47:08 pm

It puzzles me when people say they are watching the game, but still posting sh*te in the match thread.

You can't watch the game with any sort of concentration if you spend the whole match typing.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #122: Feb 25, 2019 07:03:45 pm
      I believe this fiasco tonight shows once more, maybe even on another level, how much money have ruined football.

Surely that type of disrespect would, back in the day, result with benching the player for the rest of the season, no matter what. But having payed so much money for him a few months back, makes that impossible now. Sarri saying afterwards it was his fault, misunderstanding, it just says it all.

I'm with FMS, sometimes I think why do we even bother.

All the time mate and I'm pretty sure we've discussed it before.

Chelsea's keeper refusing to go off, rumoured player power getting Puel sacked when he has that club pretty much where they should be.

If we weren't having such a good spell with players who seem to care along with a manager who seems to have a different outlook on the game than most then I'm not sure I would be that interested.

Totally with both of you on that. When you read stories of the criminal dealings of clubs like City and how they get away with illegal activity in full view of authorities that are more than aware of their practices but do NOTHING about it then it's a very helpless position to be in. The players have become willing participants in this dirty game egged on by a ring of agents and multinational sports companies that are demon like in their sheer lack of and abuse of trust, honor and dignity. We only have to cast our minds back to last year when Coutinho acted with rank duplicity to try and force a move to Barcelona. While he was undoubtedly influenced by his agent, it was no less a marker of just how spineless and willing these players are to dance to the tune of the sleazy faceless money men rather than dance to the tune to the ones who work day in day out on the training field to better them as footballers and human beings, turning them into the stars they are - the managers.

The only real level of engagement I have in football, the only access point where I feel I can empathise and relate to football professionals is the manager. I've seen Rafa come and go from Liverpool and I see the work Jürgen is doing for our club that makes my heart swell. Their obsession, dedication and determination for the cause as much for the community they represent as well as for themselves and their players is the single tent peg that keeps many of our interests grounded amidst a howling storm of corruption, greed and deceit that top flight football has become. But, sadly, that's not the case with every manager as we've seen with the career of a certain Jose Mourinho.
      « Last Edit: Feb 25, 2019 07:12:29 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #123: Feb 25, 2019 09:59:38 pm
      Your a f**king good judge then.   :D Glad I didn't post either  ;D

Did you go mate?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #124: Feb 25, 2019 10:01:57 pm

No. Hardest game to get a ticket for is this one. Understandably I suppose.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #125: Feb 25, 2019 10:09:22 pm
      No. Hardest game to get a ticket for is this one. Understandably I suppose.

Fair enough bud. Glad you saved your money.  ;D
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #126: Feb 26, 2019 05:53:19 am
      Absolutely agree, if that had been the likes of Fergie, Shankly, Paisley, Busby, Kepa would of been on the transfer list straight after the match. What a c**t Kepa is.  :f_steam:
      Not only transfer list, I'm pretty sure, a strong captain would've kicked his arse afterwards.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #127: Feb 26, 2019 08:14:25 am
      Not only transfer list, I'm pretty sure, a strong captain would've kicked his arse afterwards.

Also very true

Quick Reply