Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Bayern Munich V Liverpool (13/03/19 - 20:00)

Read 10852 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Pre-Match: Bayern Munich V Liverpool (13/03/19 - 20:00)
      Mar 11, 2019 10:35:56 am

I'd be very confident that this is the likely team Klopp will go with for this one. A scored draw would see us go through and if we get knocked out we can concentrate fully on the league.

Feels like a free hit. Bayern have hot some form and our last away win in Europe was Man City last season! Hard to predict but I'll go for 1-1 seeing us into the next round!  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Re: Pre-Match: Bayern Munich V Liverpool (13/03/19 - 20:00)
      Reply #1: Mar 11, 2019 10:45:31 am
      I expect a lot of goals in this leg. Bayern can't sit back like they did at Anfield. Fancy us to catch them on counter-attacks as they have a lack of pace. At the same time I can't see them not scoring. I'll go for 2-1 to us.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #2: Mar 11, 2019 11:08:48 am
      I expect a lot of goals in this leg. Bayern can't sit back like they did at Anfield. Fancy us to catch them on counter-attacks as they have a lack of pace. At the same time I can't see them not scoring. I'll go for 2-1 to us.

Is 2-1 a lot of goals? 2-1 sounds like a chess game except that it's better than 1-0.

I'd expect a minimum of four goals across both teams for "a lot of goals".
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #3: Mar 11, 2019 11:13:18 am

I'd be very confident that this is the likely team Klopp will go with for this one. A scored draw would see us go through and if we get knocked out we can concentrate fully on the league.

Feels like a free hit. Bayern have hot some form and our last away win in Europe was Man City last season! Hard to predict but I'll go for 1-1 seeing us into the next round!  :kop5cf8koxp6:

That's the stating 11 against Everton with the exception of Firmino for Origi.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #4: Mar 11, 2019 11:23:30 am
      Is 2-1 a lot of goals? 2-1 sounds like a chess game except that it's better than 1-0.

I'd expect a minimum of four goals across both teams for "a lot of goals".

Soz.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5: Mar 11, 2019 12:10:44 pm
      I have a weird feeling that we might see the following midfield three;

Henderson

Gini             Milner

Maybe Keita for Gini but I fully expect Klopp to bring in Hendo and Milner. It's a tough call as we don't want to leave ourselves too exposed out there but at the same time we need to score, so we have to set up with a view to score.

I would be inclined to go with the below myself

Fabinho

Keita            Milner

I know Keita has been out of late but what better game to make a come back in then the club of an old rival, his accustomed to playing in Germany and will be used to the hostile atmosphere, also playing against Bayern should give him that extra kick. Lallana was great yesterday but I feel starting him in two games in such a close space of time may be too much of a risk.

I expect the rest of the team to line up, as usual, hopefully, whoever has that more attacking role in midfield can be that necessary link for the forward three players.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #6: Mar 11, 2019 03:33:47 pm
      Allison makes me nervous with dithering over back passes. Happened a few times. I thought also he should been able to keep out burnley second goal. Played well at times too. I think this be tough bayern won 6-0 yesterday but if we play well as a team we can get a 2-2 draw i think
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #7: Mar 11, 2019 03:35:24 pm
      That's the stating 11 against Everton with the exception of Firmino for Origi.
      Think with firmino movement of he had been fully fit for bitters game we would have won wind or no wind
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #8: Mar 11, 2019 03:52:57 pm
      Kimmich and Muller suspended for this one. Key battle will be Mane up against Rafinha who will be beaten for pace. In fact Rafinha, Sule and Hummels are all rather slow; their only fast defender is Alaba who looked cagey up against Salah last time out.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #9: Mar 11, 2019 04:12:03 pm
      Allison makes me nervous with dithering over back passes. Happened a few times. I thought also he should been able to keep out burnley second goal. Played well at times too. I think this be tough bayern won 6-0 yesterday but if we play well as a team we can get a 2-2 draw i think

F***ing hell is there anyone in our team you actually rate or like?? I've never met such a miserable git as you, you are a complete negative in all regards on this forum.
      Allison has been sensational for us this season, against Burnley he was clearly fouled for the first one, nothing he could do there, the second was a point blank shot, not his fault at all, any keeper would have been incredibly lucky to save that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10: Mar 11, 2019 04:13:28 pm
      I think Klopp might go with quite a defensive midfield and for once I'd be ok with that, I'd go with Fabinho, Gini and Hendo and then bring on Adam or Keita if we need it later on.
      I still think we'll have more than enough for Bayern.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #11: Mar 11, 2019 05:49:37 pm
      Bayern can't sit back like they did at Anfield.

They can and they will. They had the better chances @Anfield if you remember. Kovac' game plan will be roughly the same, in fact what's his alternative? As soon as he opens up he'd make his slow defense naked. He's bound to Mourinho-style, hoping for the home advantage and a mistake from us and that's a good plan if you see what we produced outside of Anfield in the CL so far.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12: Mar 11, 2019 06:45:57 pm
      Doubts over Trent for this game so I wouldn't be shocked to see either Milner or Hendo slot into RB. Think Keita will come into the midfield for Gini or Lallana.

Lallana probably deserves to start this game based on his last performance but that was the case with Keita and he's been benched for the 4 or 5 games since so who knows.

Any type of win or score draw and we are through, if we can get a goal fairly early on then I think a lot of space will open up and we could run go through having won this game by 3/4 goals. The second they have to start taking more risks leaves an already painfully slow defence incredibly vulnerable to the pace of our front 3.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #13: Mar 11, 2019 06:54:26 pm
      Doubts over Trent for this game so I wouldn't be shocked to see either Milner or Hendo slot into RB. Think Keita will come into the midfield for Gini or Lallana.

Lallana probably deserves to start this game based on his last performance but that was the case with Keita and he's been benched for the 4 or 5 games since so who knows.

Any type of win or score draw and we are through, if we can get a goal fairly early on then I think a lot of space will open up and we could run go through having won this game by 3/4 goals. The second they have to start taking more risks leaves an already painfully slow defence incredibly vulnerable to the pace of our front 3.

If Trent isn’t fit then I’m worried. We’re so much better with Robertson and TAA in the team 😫
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #14: Mar 11, 2019 06:57:37 pm
      They can and they will. They had the better chances @Anfield if you remember. Kovac' game plan will be roughly the same, in fact what's his alternative? As soon as he opens up he'd make his slow defense naked. He's bound to Mourinho-style, hoping for the home advantage and a mistake from us and that's a good plan if you see what we produced outside of Anfield in the CL so far.

Can’t see them sitting back as much as they did at Anfield, it’s a home game and the crowd will demand them to be on the front foot.

I really hope Jürgen doesn’t go too defensive in midfield we need to pose them some sort of threat to keep their back line honest and hoofing it up to the front 3 won’t work.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15: Mar 11, 2019 07:32:02 pm
      If Trent isn’t fit then I’m worried. We’re so much better with Robertson and TAA in the team 😫

He's not ruled out of the game, just read that he's a slight doubt. Whether Klopp takes the risk with him or not is another thing entirely. Given the importance of the games coming up, he might only use Trent for this game if he feels he absolutely has to.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #16: Mar 11, 2019 07:36:14 pm
      On paper we are fine for this game, but our away form has been pretty crappy in Europe and even the league recently. Bayern have to score and if we get one in the game really opens up for us as they try to chase it so it will be important to have Salah on his game and not what we have seen lately where he can't get around a backpedaling Mata.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #17: Mar 11, 2019 08:25:02 pm
      Milner @RB is just not good. Play him against Fulham, but not against a top team.
      I'd love Lallana in midfield since he spices it up a bit offensively. Fab/Gini/Hendo's flavour is too conservative, but I have a feeling Jürgen wants to start it sound and safe and then it's those three (or Milner for one of them).

By the way: In 1981 we played them 0-0 @Anfield and then 1-1 in München. History could very well repeat here.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #18: Mar 11, 2019 08:44:25 pm
      If we can get an early goal it's game on.
      They will have to come at us which could play straight into our hands for the counter.

When you play teams like Bayern on their patch you have to be clinical in front of goal so we MUST take our chances when we get them, and we will get chances.

I feel much calmer knowing big Virgil is commanding the back line and If anyone knows a way through the Munich defence it's Jürgen Klopp.

It's in your hands Redmen

Let's do it !

rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #19: Mar 11, 2019 08:46:36 pm
      Think Milner will play in this one not sure in what position though
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #20: Mar 11, 2019 08:54:07 pm
      Not conceeding at home was huge and think thatll see us through. Fancy us to score..1 all away goal see us through
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #21: Mar 11, 2019 10:11:49 pm
      F**k yeah, can't wait :)
      "Zeit den müll zu nehmen" to any Munich fans out there.
      OK, I've had a few red ales, but that changes nothing.
      Don't unpack up yer lederhosen, your time in the CL is short.
      It's a high red tide this week...
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #22: Mar 11, 2019 10:16:19 pm
      In need Kelly’s bar Munich tomorrow the Bootle’s Beatles tribute act playing - on the hunt 4 tickets but here anyway

4-1 reds

Quick Reply