Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Bayern Munich V Liverpool (13/03/19 - 20:00)

Read 10842 times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Re: Pre-Match: Bayern Munich V Liverpool (13/03/19 - 20:00)
      Reply #69: Mar 13, 2019 12:12:17 am
      Dissapointed to hear Keita is out but in truth he has barely had a look in recently and I wasn't expecting him to get a start tomorrow night. I wonder if Lallana has earned himself a start after the weekend? The worry is that we field a very conservative midfield three and as a result do not create enough. My midfield 3 would be Fab, Wjinaldum and Milner. the rest of the team picks itself. Great to hear Trent is fit for this one.

You don't think Fab, Gini and Milner is a conservative midfield 3?

I'm not actually disagreeing with your choice. I think JĂŒrgen will field a conservative midfield (maybe that one), and I think away at Bayern Munich that is fair enough. If he needs to go more attacking in the 2nd half he can bring people on.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #70: Mar 13, 2019 12:33:50 am
      We need to go out hard to score early - been lacking from our game most of the season.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #71: Mar 13, 2019 01:41:29 am
      Going for a 2-1 win....a late winner when they go all gung ho
      We need to be utterly solid and not let the atmosphere at the Allianz get to us.
      Fabinho, Hendo and Gini for the midfield.
      Rest of the team picks it self.
      Just keep it tight for the first 30 mins and frustrate them.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #72: Mar 13, 2019 02:04:59 am
      Just watched the Bayern highlights from their 6-0 at the weekend.... why the heck did so many think this was a straightforward tie when the draw was made?! 

This is going to be seriously tough. In big games this season we’ve been pretty poor, spurs apart I guess. Fascinated as to how this is going to go..
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #73: Mar 13, 2019 08:31:36 am
      We need to progress through to the next round and if we can go 1 nil up that will put the pressure on Bayern.I look forward to seeing Mo get back among the goals.Go the REDS and make us proud.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #74: Mar 13, 2019 08:35:21 am
      Most nervous but most confident I have been for a game in a while, this could be the catalyst for the boys to really push on.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #75: Mar 13, 2019 08:57:50 am
      Good luck tonight guys we can do this. Watching city/shalke last night I just fear who will take points off them this season. Shalke were poor but city relentless attack and speed every second they could have scored 15. I hate sterling but the man's on fire at moment. Big shout out to ronaldo another hat trick to drag juve through. What a player. Back tonight we need to go positive go for the win never mind the draw. If we're positive and go for it I think we do it. If not and we play Conservative I think we be beat.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #76: Mar 13, 2019 09:19:59 am
      Slight extra bit of pressure that the other 3 English teams have gone through. Let’s not be the only ones who fail to progress, would love to dump the Mancs or City out in the next round.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #77: Mar 13, 2019 09:25:20 am
      Slight extra bit of pressure that the other 3 English teams have gone through. Let’s not be the only ones who fail to progress, would love to dump the Mancs or City out in the next round.

Yeah I think it's likely that 2 of the English teams will face each other in the quarters if we get through, I don't think UEFA would allow the possibility of an all English semi-final! ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #78: Mar 13, 2019 09:49:30 am
      Need an early goal to draw them out.
      For that reason I'd like to see TAA start.
      Can always sub him off early if needs be.

Get an early goal and it'll force them to move up the pitch and allow Mane, Firmino, Salah space to run into.

Don't do that and it'll be a grind.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #79: Mar 13, 2019 09:53:32 am
      Would not be surprised to see midfield of Hendo/Milner/Gini start  [based on who played last game/injuries]
      Think would prefer that to having Hendo/Fab start together.
      Could start Lallana, but that would be a pretty attacking option, when we don't really need to force it. Don't see Shaq start either.
      At least we have options...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #80: Mar 13, 2019 10:29:03 am
      Can defo see us scoring at least 2 tonight.

cmon the redmen.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #81: Mar 13, 2019 10:36:49 am
      Would love to see us coming flying out of the traps from the start and try get an early goal. Bayern have conceded 8 goals from counter attacks in the Bundesliga this season (most in the division). If we make them have to go for it then the spaces will open for us.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #82: Mar 13, 2019 10:42:30 am

Seen that Coman will not be available too.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #83: Mar 13, 2019 10:43:57 am
      Seen that Coman will not be available too.

Yesterday Bayern said he was available? Coman that is.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #84: Mar 13, 2019 10:46:29 am
      Yesterday Bayern said he was available? Coman that is.

Yep, just double checked this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Chris78Williams/status/1105463088256610304

A week ago, they said he would miss. Just like last time.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #85: Mar 13, 2019 10:47:03 am
      Can defo see us scoring at least 2 tonight.

cmon the redmen.

Same here I have gone for 2-2 still enough to go through.
      ThomasMueller
      • On Trial

• 4 posts | 45 
      Reply #86: Mar 13, 2019 10:58:07 am
      Hey everyone :)

Before our match @Anfield I thought we would do much worse than we did at the end. Everyone played much better than in the games before and finally our concentration was at 100%. Hummels played his best match for years. MartĂ­nez was in his world class 2013 form. I hope this will be the same tonight, but first: How will our first 11 look? Last time I was right, let's try again:

--------------------------------------Neuer-----------------------------------------------
      ----Boateng------------Hummels----------------SĂŒle--------------------Alaba---------
      --------------------------------------MartĂ­nez--------------------------------------------
      ------------------Thiago----------------------------------James-------------------------
      ----Gnabry--------------------------------------------------------------Ribéry----------
      ------------------------------------Lewandowski-----------------------------------------

Maybe I'm wrong about Boateng, but there were rumors on monday and tuesday that Kovac could surprise Klopp and play with Boateng as right back instead of Rafinha. Yes, Rafinha is the Back Up for Kimmich, but he has not Champions League Quality. In big matches he often did some stupid things, just like last year against Real Madrid and as Klopp sure make a weak spot on Rafinha, Kovac could surprise that Boateng plays right back. He did play this position in his early years in the national team and when we speak about national team - you guys heared it: Löw made the decision that MĂŒller, Boateng and Hummels will never ever play again for the national team. In our last game and also the first game after that decision all 3 began against Wolfsburg. Kovac knows now they are f***in motivated to show that they still got it, which is also a reason, that it could be, that Boateng plays right back. In the last months he really played sh*t, but the last games he did well: So yes, he is a Center back and he didn't play for a long time as right back, but Rafinha is not on his level and would get huge problems with Mane. Boateng's Motivation is at 120% and Kovac could surprise Klopp, so let's do it and bring in Boateng.

Midfield is awesome these days. MartĂ­nez is a beast and wins nearly every tackling, Thiago maybe plays his best season ever for Bayern and James always can be the difference, even though he didn't play well in the first leg.

Attack. Gnabry is our best Player in the Moment. Lewandowski sometimes needs to many chances. Last week we beat Mönchengladbach 5:1 and he scored 2 times, but he had really good chances for 4 or 5 goals. He's a worldclass striker, no doubt, but in Champions League, espacially against you tonight, he won't get that much chances and if he only gets 2, he needs to use this 2 chances for a goal and this could be a Problem. Next weak spot: Ribéry. Yes, after his Substitution he had 3 assists, which btw. was a Bundesliga Record, but Wolfsburg played like Besiktas in 2007 @Anfield. Ribery has to play Alexander-Arnold and damn, on this level he isn't good enough anymore. After all Coman is fit for today. Can't play from the beginning, but for the last 20 Minutes, maybe overtime (but I'm sure, in this match there will be no overtime) he can play.

So, what are my final thoughts for tonight's match? Our biggest Problem is, that we have to score twice, maybe three times, cause we are sure, you will score at least one goal and a 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, however is good for you, but we need to win. That also means we can't play that way we did in the first leg and therefore we get more chances, but on the other side you could get more counter attacks. Difficult tactical decisions for botch, Kovac and Klopp, tonight. I personally think we will beginn like Juventus yesterday. Full power from the beginning, cause we just have to take the lead. Otherwise I think you will win this match.

I'm just excited. After all we have home advantage tonight and we're really strong in the Allianz Arena. Our fans are always crazy in these big Champions League matches. We had 250.000 ticket requests for this match and just for comparison: Last year at this round against Sevilla the cheapest ticket did cost 85 Euro. For tonight? 130 Euro. Prices we usually just have against Real Madrid or Barcelona in the quarter or semi final, but I know in England it's even worse.

So, I hope we see an exciting match and If you win tonight - I wish you all the best for the rest of the season and please don't let Man City become Premier League Champions again. Btw. - Do you guys even know, how many fans you have in Germany? Honestly. You could ask 100 Football fans from Germany which is their favorite team outside the Bundesliga. Maybe 40 would say Real Madrid or Barcelona, but the other 60? Liverpool. And ask for the biggest dream to visit a Stadium? 90% will say Anfield. "One time in my life I wanna hear YNWA". Btw. - the YNWA in the first leg was absolutely incredible. Goose bumps at its best. You guys can be really proud of your Club. It's an honour to play against you in matches like this, that we all love.

Andy
      +11
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #87: Mar 13, 2019 11:47:26 am
      I want to say something snide, but you are just too damn nice. I can’t wish you good luck though, because we have to win this. 
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #88: Mar 13, 2019 12:22:41 pm
      Undecided about the final score line, just hope that the Reds go through, to the last eight.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #89: Mar 13, 2019 12:25:24 pm
      Same here I have gone for 2-2 still enough to go through.

yup 2-2 is good.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #90: Mar 13, 2019 12:26:36 pm
      Hey everyone :)

Before our match @Anfield I thought we would do much worse than we did at the end. Everyone played much better than in the games before and finally our concentration was at 100%. Hummels played his best match for years. MartĂ­nez was in his world class 2013 form. I hope this will be the same tonight, but first: How will our first 11 look? Last time I was right, let's try again:

--------------------------------------Neuer-----------------------------------------------
      ----Boateng------------Hummels----------------SĂŒle--------------------Alaba---------
      --------------------------------------MartĂ­nez--------------------------------------------
      ------------------Thiago----------------------------------James-------------------------
      ----Gnabry--------------------------------------------------------------Ribéry----------
      ------------------------------------Lewandowski-----------------------------------------

Maybe I'm wrong about Boateng, but there were rumors on monday and tuesday that Kovac could surprise Klopp and play with Boateng as right back instead of Rafinha. Yes, Rafinha is the Back Up for Kimmich, but he has not Champions League Quality. In big matches he often did some stupid things, just like last year against Real Madrid and as Klopp sure make a weak spot on Rafinha, Kovac could surprise that Boateng plays right back. He did play this position in his early years in the national team and when we speak about national team - you guys heared it: Löw made the decision that MĂŒller, Boateng and Hummels will never ever play again for the national team. In our last game and also the first game after that decision all 3 began against Wolfsburg. Kovac knows now they are f***in motivated to show that they still got it, which is also a reason, that it could be, that Boateng plays right back. In the last months he really played sh*t, but the last games he did well: So yes, he is a Center back and he didn't play for a long time as right back, but Rafinha is not on his level and would get huge problems with Mane. Boateng's Motivation is at 120% and Kovac could surprise Klopp, so let's do it and bring in Boateng.

Midfield is awesome these days. MartĂ­nez is a beast and wins nearly every tackling, Thiago maybe plays his best season ever for Bayern and James always can be the difference, even though he didn't play well in the first leg.

Attack. Gnabry is our best Player in the Moment. Lewandowski sometimes needs to many chances. Last week we beat Mönchengladbach 5:1 and he scored 2 times, but he had really good chances for 4 or 5 goals. He's a worldclass striker, no doubt, but in Champions League, espacially against you tonight, he won't get that much chances and if he only gets 2, he needs to use this 2 chances for a goal and this could be a Problem. Next weak spot: Ribéry. Yes, after his Substitution he had 3 assists, which btw. was a Bundesliga Record, but Wolfsburg played like Besiktas in 2007 @Anfield. Ribery has to play Alexander-Arnold and damn, on this level he isn't good enough anymore. After all Coman is fit for today. Can't play from the beginning, but for the last 20 Minutes, maybe overtime (but I'm sure, in this match there will be no overtime) he can play.

So, what are my final thoughts for tonight's match? Our biggest Problem is, that we have to score twice, maybe three times, cause we are sure, you will score at least one goal and a 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, however is good for you, but we need to win. That also means we can't play that way we did in the first leg and therefore we get more chances, but on the other side you could get more counter attacks. Difficult tactical decisions for botch, Kovac and Klopp, tonight. I personally think we will beginn like Juventus yesterday. Full power from the beginning, cause we just have to take the lead. Otherwise I think you will win this match.

I'm just excited. After all we have home advantage tonight and we're really strong in the Allianz Arena. Our fans are always crazy in these big Champions League matches. We had 250.000 ticket requests for this match and just for comparison: Last year at this round against Sevilla the cheapest ticket did cost 85 Euro. For tonight? 130 Euro. Prices we usually just have against Real Madrid or Barcelona in the quarter or semi final, but I know in England it's even worse.

So, I hope we see an exciting match and If you win tonight - I wish you all the best for the rest of the season and please don't let Man City become Premier League Champions again. Btw. - Do you guys even know, how many fans you have in Germany? Honestly. You could ask 100 Football fans from Germany which is their favorite team outside the Bundesliga. Maybe 40 would say Real Madrid or Barcelona, but the other 60? Liverpool. And ask for the biggest dream to visit a Stadium? 90% will say Anfield. "One time in my life I wanna hear YNWA". Btw. - the YNWA in the first leg was absolutely incredible. Goose bumps at its best. You guys can be really proud of your Club. It's an honour to play against you in matches like this, that we all love.

Andy

Hummells was awesome in the 1st game, tackled everything.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #91: Mar 13, 2019 01:10:49 pm
      All the stats say a Bayern win and us to go out 
...just the way we like it.

Quick Reply