Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Bayern Munich V Liverpool (13/03/19 - 20:00)

Read 10850 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Pre-Match: Bayern Munich V Liverpool (13/03/19 - 20:00)
      Reply #115: Mar 13, 2019 04:49:31 pm
      They’re flying in the league now - and let’s be honest, a second leg home tie at home with a draw from the first leg usually results in the home team going through.

I just hope we show bravery and creativity - lots of chances and loads of effort. If this happens then we’ll have a very good chance

Don’t quite agree. In the league they may be flying now but in Europe they don’t have 2 key players available - Muller and Kimmich. Where as we now welcome back Virgil, into a defence that they didn’t really pose any problems against last time.

Normally I’d agree about if the team at home in the 2nd leg would be good odds to go through if they got a draw in the 1st leg - but only if it was a score draw to get that vital away goal, then they could have just sat back and looked to defend for the entire game. Really don’t see how we can’t be favourites for this, their defence has been weakened from the 1st leg where as ours strengthened. Just getting a goal isn’t good enough for them, they have to win to prevent us going through. We can afford to have a score draw and we are through. The best they can hope for from a draw is extra time at 0-0.

The fact they were more focussed on time wasting rather than getting an away goal makes me straight away think they are a lot more scared of us than we are of them. That suggests they are putting their eggs in one basket of the 2nd leg IMO, which means they will try and attack more and they could leave big gaps for us to exploit and get that killer goal. I couldn’t believe they were time wasting so much in the game at 0-0, that’s playing right into our hands IMO. Risky tactics from them given they have such a slow defence and we have a fast attack.

I hope this doesn’t come back to bite me but this is the most confident I’ve felt about a game for a while.
      « Last Edit: Mar 13, 2019 04:56:49 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #116: Mar 13, 2019 05:09:25 pm
      I feel like we're gonna pull a tie and pass. Something like a horrible nailbiter... 2-2 or even 3-3.

Ready your ani for some heavy clinching m'boys
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #117: Mar 13, 2019 05:30:15 pm
      Don’t quite agree. In the league they may be flying now but in Europe they don’t have 2 key players available - Muller and Kimmich. Where as we now welcome back Virgil, into a defence that they didn’t really pose any problems against last time.

Normally I’d agree about if the team at home in the 2nd leg would be good odds to go through if they got a draw in the 1st leg - but only if it was a score draw to get that vital away goal, then they could have just sat back and looked to defend for the entire game. Really don’t see how we can’t be favourites for this, their defence has been weakened from the 1st leg where as ours strengthened. Just getting a goal isn’t good enough for them, they have to win to prevent us going through. We can afford to have a score draw and we are through. The best they can hope for from a draw is extra time at 0-0.

The fact they were more focussed on time wasting rather than getting an away goal makes me straight away think they are a lot more scared of us than we are of them. That suggests they are putting their eggs in one basket of the 2nd leg IMO, which means they will try and attack more and they could leave big gaps for us to exploit and get that killer goal. I couldn’t believe they were time wasting so much in the game at 0-0, that’s playing right into our hands IMO. Risky tactics from them given they have such a slow defence and we have a fast attack.

I hope this doesn’t come back to bite me but this is the most confident I’ve felt about a game for a while.

Nail head & hit 7kk7,
      They are positively brickin it for sure, they needed  away goal particularly when we were without VvD, they couldn't score and didn't really give us any real concerns,  but now the pendulum has swung and if we score which we surely will, they'll know the mountain has become Everest,

Fancy us in a massive way and we can only F**k it up by ourselves,  won't be easy by any stretch but i reckon we'll get a score draw at least putting us in the hat on Friday.

1-2 Mighty Redmen

YNWA
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #118: Mar 13, 2019 05:34:31 pm

:gt-happyup:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #119: Mar 13, 2019 05:49:31 pm
      I won't be home for the Live thread but I'm will pass my magic to others.....

I think we will draw this game 1-1.

I arrived home :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #120: Mar 13, 2019 05:50:55 pm

the ones which make Bayern favourite
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #121: Mar 13, 2019 05:52:53 pm
      Shaqiri/Lallana sitting in front of Henderson/Gini and Fab would be the way I'd go in this game.

NB: Team no longer available
      That’s what I fancy,don’t think Adam deserves to be dropped after the performance he put in on Sunday.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #122: Mar 13, 2019 06:00:12 pm
      Not sure but I think Lallana playing on Sunday sort of rules him out tonight he has so little game time. Henderson.Fab and Gini tonight.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #123: Mar 13, 2019 06:07:04 pm
      Shaqiri/Lallana sitting in front of Henderson/Gini and Fab would be the way I'd go in this game.

NB: Team no longer available

I wouldn't mind seeing this but feel Milner will start this one.

I fancy us to score which means they need at least 2. I hate being this confident but think we will go through tonight.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #124: Mar 13, 2019 06:10:48 pm
      Will be harder for them to pitch it right. Do they come at us hell for leather and give us a chance of a pacy counter attack. If they score do they sit deep to keep us out or carry on attacking to try and finish it. 1-0 to them is a scary score right the way thru.

Might they play a waiting game. patient build up, not committing to all out attack. We can sit in, try to dictate, press them when we can. I disagree that they are favourites. It's to close to call.

Could be down to a piece of brilliant skill and I think we have the edge in creativity. All to play for.

1-1.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #125: Mar 13, 2019 06:16:06 pm
      If we can exploit the lack of pace of both CBs then we can win this not sure they will defend that high though which means our Midfield must get up and support
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #126: Mar 13, 2019 06:34:26 pm
      Nervous now
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #127: Mar 13, 2019 06:37:59 pm
      This has been a long F***ing day  :f_doh:

Quick Reply