Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bayern?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      8 (6.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      21 (15.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      98 (74.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.8%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Voting closed: Mar 17, 2019 09:52:59 pm

Bayern Munich 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 33116 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Re: Live: Bayern Munich V Liverpool
      Reply #46: Mar 13, 2019 07:24:37 pm
      Sorry mate, it was Watford I meant.

Here we go, another person who thinks every player should be getting goals and assists, completely forgetting there are other roles in the team to play. Hendo has been in very good form.

What role exactly? Holding? Fabinho and gini are head and shoulders above henderson in that role. Quicker, stronger, better tacklers and better passing. Creating? Well fab has scored this season and assisted as has gini. Milner has weighed in with goals and assists also. Henderson has zero in both aspects.

So when is he  going to contribute something? Or is he immune? What is his role exactly? You don't agree with me and thats fine. I want to see more from our captain. If he produces enough for you then all good. But not for me.

Im not knocking Jürgen ... who am i to disagree,  but i dont agree with him tonight leaving out fabinho. These are the games we bought him for and spent 3 months integrating him for. Hopefully he can be an influence later in the match.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #47: Mar 13, 2019 07:27:23 pm
      Not surprised but you can understand the disappointment considering our awful record away in Europe when that trio start together.

Let's hope that poor run ends tonight.

But he picks them for a reason mate.

I think that run will end tonight.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #48: Mar 13, 2019 07:29:47 pm
      Stuart Holden repeatedly mispronounces SAL-ah as Sa-LAH. This American studio show is cringeworthy - and not just when we are on.

The coverage of the CL in the USA was a lot better (and that’s saying a lot) when fox sports did it. It was at its best when ESPN covered it back in the 90’s and early 2000.
      The current TNT coverage is brutal !!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #49: Mar 13, 2019 07:31:44 pm
      What role exactly? Holding? Fabinho and gini are head and shoulders above henderson in that role. Quicker, stronger, better tacklers and better passing. Creating? Well fab has scored this season and assisted as has gini. Milner has weighed in with goals and assists also. Henderson has zero in both aspects.

So when is he  going to contribute something? Or is he immune? What is his role exactly? You don't agree with me and thats fine. I want to see more from our captain. If he produces enough for you then all good. But not for me.

Im not knocking Jürgen ... who am i to disagree,  but i dont agree with him tonight leaving out fabinho. These are the games we bought him for and spent 3 months integrating him for. Hopefully he can be an influence later in the match.

Well Fab could hardly miss his goal could he, he was he was virtually on the line!! And I'm also fairly sure that the only goals Milner has scored this season has been from the spot?
      You need a player holding in the way we play and you've just said that Hendo is the least creative so what's the big deal with Hendo being in the holding role? Last time vs Bayern Hendo was our best player and by far our best midfielder on that day too. I'm not going to waste my time explaining to you what it is that Hendo has been bringing to the team because I can tell you are set on it that Hendo is sh*te and that's it. I'm not even his biggest fan, never have been but at least I am more than happy to admit when he has been playing really well.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #50: Mar 13, 2019 07:32:23 pm
      Thought Fabinho was due a rest tbh played  lot recently and levels dropped  a bit against Burnley
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #51: Mar 13, 2019 07:33:35 pm
      The last team to score against LFC in a Champions League last 16 match was Barcelona, at Anfield in 2007. They’re unbeaten in seven games at this stage.

Klopp yet to lose a two-legged European tie as Reds boss.

Neil Jones (@neiljonesgoal)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #52: Mar 13, 2019 07:34:17 pm
      I thought after Lallana people might just wait and see how the team goes but no.
      We need to stay in the game they will try and steam roller us first half and even if they score one we only need one in the 94th minute and we go through.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #53: Mar 13, 2019 07:38:44 pm
      Well Fab could hardly miss his goal could he, he was he was virtually on the line!!

Last time vs Bayern Hendo was our best player and by far our best midfielder on that day too. I'm not going to waste my time explaining to you what it is that Hendo has been bringing to the team because I can tell you are set on it that Hendo is sh*te and that's it. I'm not even his biggest fan, never have been but at least I am more than happy to admit when he has been playing really well.

With this midfield, if he does play to their strengths and have them high up and counter pressing, Hendo or Wijnaldum is the better option as our 6 rather than Fabinho.

Although I would have preferred to see a different midfield setup, I totally get why he chose this trio, especially with Bayern pretty iffy under pressure
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #54: Mar 13, 2019 07:42:01 pm
      Milner needs a big game here, he’s been pretty poor as of late, usually shows up in the big games though.

COME ON LADS
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #55: Mar 13, 2019 07:44:44 pm
      The coverage of the CL in the USA was a lot better (and that’s saying a lot) when fox sports did it. It was at its best when ESPN covered it back in the 90’s and early 2000.
      The current TNT coverage is brutal !!

Agree
      It says a huge amount that we actually look back fondly on the days of Fox Sports hosting the coverage
      BR / TNT is utterly terrible
      Mind blowing that they could have gotten it so wrong.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #56: Mar 13, 2019 07:46:26 pm
      Going for a 2-2 draw that send us through.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #57: Mar 13, 2019 07:46:45 pm

See where your at mate regards Hendo, but, he doesn't need to score, he gives more in other areas , like breaking up play and covering,  look, I'm one of his biggest critics but he has more tham once left me eating humble pie,  so I'm quite comfortable having Hendo in,  personally I'd prefer Fab, but i can understand Jürgen's choice .

YNWA
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #58: Mar 13, 2019 07:48:30 pm
      Milner needs a big game here, he’s been pretty poor as of late, usually shows up in the big games though.

COME ON LADS

Thought milly was excellent v watford, led the press
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #59: Mar 13, 2019 07:48:48 pm
      Hope the midfield prove us all wrong ( well most of us ), and if not bloody change it early
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #60: Mar 13, 2019 07:48:55 pm
      Come on Redmen! Let's do this!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #61: Mar 13, 2019 07:51:03 pm
      Well that's just F***ing great, got up at 5-30 am to find my router box has no signal to it, that's what living in the outback does to you!
      currently all programmes are fine but no LIVE broadcasting! so it's up to you lot to keep me informed PLEASE!  COYR
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #62: Mar 13, 2019 07:52:01 pm
      CMON REDMEN

LET'S F**k THEM UP !!!

YNWA
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #63: Mar 13, 2019 07:52:11 pm
      CMON BOYS!!! Can't wait... :)
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #64: Mar 13, 2019 07:55:42 pm
      I'm not expecting anything from this midfield. I can't remember any away game against a good team this midfield performed well. Let alone an away European game. Only thing we can do is support the team
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #65: Mar 13, 2019 07:55:42 pm
      coyr :scarf:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #66: Mar 13, 2019 07:56:54 pm
      Jürgen rallying the boys in the tunnel with bear hugs. Let's do this.
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #67: Mar 13, 2019 07:58:10 pm
      COYR!
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #68: Mar 13, 2019 07:59:06 pm
      Come on boys! Let's do this!