Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bayern?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      8 (6.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      21 (15.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      98 (74.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.8%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Voting closed: Mar 17, 2019 09:52:59 pm

Bayern Munich 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 33098 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Bayern Munich 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Mar 13, 2019 10:46:41 pm
      See that’s what a lack of sleep does makes you grumpy  :D

Genuinely don't need sleep to make that realisation, you contaminated testicle excrement.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #691: Mar 13, 2019 10:47:26 pm
      Genuinely don't need sleep to make that realisation, you contaminated testicle excrement.

your a wordsmith
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #692: Mar 13, 2019 10:48:46 pm

Ozzie’s have never been known for their grammer even though the Queen is head of State. Tut tut
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #693: Mar 13, 2019 10:48:46 pm
      Just back from the boozer. Am sooo delighted :)
      Have nothing bad to say.
      The lads, and Jürgen, did us so proud tonight. We won comfortably, at Bayern Munich, who have such CL history, and our first away win of the CL season this year I think.
      Sadio got my MOTM, he's such an important player for us right now. Just pipping VVD, who you could give it to almost every week anyway.
      Off the back of the win against Burnley,  two great wins in the context of our season.
      We're still not the well oiled machine up front, but we're battling our way to victories and keeping our season alive.
      What's left to say … roll on Fulham … :)
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #694: Mar 13, 2019 10:49:45 pm
      Was a superb result. Didn't dare step away from the screen to come and join the discussion here, but absolutely delighted to be in the Quarter Finals.

Mane scored an absolute brilliant goal. He has some skill ! So glad he is on such good form. Salah was good in parts, and should have had a penalty I thought (when Mane was open). I haven't been able to catch a good replay of it since, but I fully expected it to go to VAR at least. Dumbfounded how nothing was given.

Trent was not great - and a real weakness on that side. Too often exposed. VVD brilliant! Everything he does is gold.

Not going to go through all players, but all round a very good performance. Sometimes sloppy and wasteful - but balanced with some brilliant interchanges and great goals.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #695: Mar 13, 2019 10:50:04 pm

Four coffees before 9am and it's like living the life of Shakespeare through an outer-body experience.

Also, "you're" ;) :D

Ozzie’s have never been known for their grammer even though the Queen is head of State. Tut tut

Grammar*.

Dickhead.

(Also 'state' needn't be capitalised BUT GO 'HEAD SON! DO YOU!)

DID I MENTION I WANT AJAX IN THE NEXT ROUND?! Get me to Amsterdam you Bayern-twatting REDS!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #696: Mar 13, 2019 10:51:11 pm
      Four coffees before 9am and it's like living the life of Shakespeare through an outer-body experience.

Grammar*.

Dickhead.

not after a couple of glasses of Jamiesons it isn't hick
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #697: Mar 13, 2019 10:51:13 pm

Grammar*.

Dickhead.

Love you too Bruce.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #698: Mar 13, 2019 10:51:46 pm
      There were a few times, especially after that dire 2014-2015 season (possibly the worst season I've had to endure) where I questioned whether we'd return to that elite level of competitiveness. It felt like a given, something I'd take for granted under much of Rafa's tenure but after he left the ownership, players and manager just didn't seem to be working whatever the combination. And then Jürgen comes in and suddenly the ownership looks good and the players look fantastic. The much maligned transfer committee suddenly becomes a department of scouting geniuses with Michael Edwards suddenly a man in demand. The reality is Edwards and his scouts owe everything to Jürgen and the likes of Edwards would not be at the club today if it weren't for him.

And the thing is, he didn't have to choose to manage us. He could have had the choice of any club on the continent - he's that good. But that he chose us make me even more grateful for his presence in the dugout. The turnaround of this club in the three and a half years he's been here has just been phenomenal and I promised myself that I would never take European nights like this for granted again.

Love him so much - everything about him. Imagine having the chance to sit down and have a beer with him?
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #699: Mar 13, 2019 10:52:26 pm
      Don't let anyone take anything away from that performance. That's still a great Bayern Munich side that scored 11 goals in the two games prior to playing us. How many teams go to the Allianz Arena and limit them to just one miserable shot on target and some shots from distance? Bayern are a quality side, we made them look bang average tonight.

That first half performance was probably exactly how Klopp and the team wanted it to go. Absorb pressure, let Bayern have the ball and limit the space in the middle. While not brilliant on the ball, all of Fabinho, Milner, and Wijnaldum, bar the 5 minutes of madness at the end of the second half, we're exceptional in terms of work rate, closing down, limiting space, ... Bayern did that very well too which made it a very cagey first half. It wasn't pretty by any means, but boy was it effective. Had it not been for Robertson switching off for a split second, we go into the second half 0-1 up.

The game, as expected, opened up in the second half and we were amazing. Credit to all the lads out there, not going to pick on any negatives after a night like this. Bayern were never really in it. We look so solid, full of confidence in our own ability and determined to go all the way.

Matip was a giant at the back. Van Dijk and him had Lewandowski in their pocket all night. Mane of course brilliant again. What a top player.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #700: Mar 13, 2019 10:53:46 pm
      Not a good game from us, but Bayern was worse and a good horse just jumps as high as it must. Still it is time that Ox comes back, or Lallana or Keita get something done, we need a more explosive midfield if we should play Barca, Juve or City.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #701: Mar 13, 2019 10:57:12 pm
      Also.. thought this was a hilariously bitter report of Mane's brilliant goal from the BBC.

Van Dijk launched a long pass intended for Mane, whose instant control dumfounded both the tracking Rafinha and Neuer, who miscalculated his foray forward. Mane, with his back to the Germany keeper, turned and fired into the empty net.

It was a brilliant finish, but he benefited from Neuer's terrible judgement.

:lmao:
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #702: Mar 13, 2019 11:00:16 pm
      Also.. thought this was a hilariously bitter report of Mane's brilliant goal from the BBC.

Well, it was brilliant play from Mane but I do think that if Neuer stays on his line nothing happens there.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #703: Mar 13, 2019 11:00:29 pm
      Not a good game from us, but Bayern was worse and a good horse just jumps as high as it must. Still it is time that Ox comes back, or Lallana or Keita get something done, we need a more explosive midfield if we should play Barca, Juve or City.

whatever medication you are taking you need to stop taking it.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #704: Mar 13, 2019 11:01:35 pm

that was a pretty accurate description of the play.....
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #705: Mar 13, 2019 11:05:21 pm
      that was a pretty accurate description of the play.....

a completely understated description of the play..

But if you really think that was an accurate description, then fair enough.

Personally, I prefer something like this from Owen
      Brilliant. It's absolutely brilliant,'

He added: 'Everything to do with this goal was... [brilliant] I know Van Dijk played a nice ball but it was a pretty simple ball but everything that was good about this goal was Mane. He pulls really wide to give himself as much space as possible to run in to.

'Yes, the goalkeeper having a bit of a howler or a rush of blood, but Mane was aware to that and he knew to take the ball to one side of him and dink it over.

And let me tell you when the ball is coming over your shoulder like that, for you to just see and pick up the height of the ball and not only that, but to take a touch is perfect.

It's a goal of the highest quality and even that (Mane's turn) the awareness of what's around and then a little coolness after all that to dink it over the line. It's a finish of the highest quality.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #706: Mar 13, 2019 11:08:12 pm

yes turning two defenders after taking the ball over his shoulder perfectly on his foot then turning the Goalkeeper and then chipping the two defenders to score...yes it was a simple goal
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #707: Mar 13, 2019 11:08:37 pm
      Brilliant performance to beat Bayern Munich 3  1 away !
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #708: Mar 13, 2019 11:09:39 pm
      Brilliant performance to beat Bayern Munich 3  1 away !

simply put but spot on
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #709: Mar 13, 2019 11:11:09 pm
      There were a few times, especially after that dire 2014-2015 season (possibly the worst season I've had to endure) where I questioned whether we'd return to that elite level of competitiveness. It felt like a given, something I'd take for granted under much of Rafa's tenure but after he left the ownership, players and manager just didn't seem to be working whatever the combination. And then Jürgen comes in and suddenly the ownership looks good and the players look fantastic. The much maligned transfer committee suddenly becomes a department of scouting geniuses with Michael Edwards suddenly a man in demand. The reality is Edwards and his scouts owe everything to Jürgen and the likes of Edwards would not be at the club today if it weren't for him.

And the thing is, he didn't have to choose to manage us. He could have had the choice of any club on the continent - he's that good. But that he chose us make me even more grateful for his presence in the dugout. The turnaround of this club in the three and a half years he's been here has just been phenomenal and I promised myself that I would never take European nights like this for granted again.

Watching the Reds since the sixties that dire season .... fielding a weakened side against Real Madrid FFS... was the low point for me.

Everything you say is true.

Onwards Onwards Ever Upwards.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #710: Mar 13, 2019 11:14:14 pm
      whatever medication you are taking you need to stop taking it.

Thats the problem Walt.

He's now lost his tank and he is off his meds !
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #711: Mar 13, 2019 11:15:12 pm
      Brilliant! A piece of park! That was a walk in the cake!
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #712: Mar 13, 2019 11:17:40 pm

Definitely reminded me of the type of finish that Owen could do with his eyes closed.

Quick Reply