Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bayern?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      8 (6.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      21 (15.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      98 (74.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.8%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Voting closed: Mar 17, 2019 09:52:59 pm

Bayern Munich 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 33107 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Bayern Munich 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Mar 14, 2019 07:25:46 am
      We CAN score from corners. Like it or not.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #737: Mar 14, 2019 07:35:22 am
      Not a good game from us, but Bayern was worse and a good horse just jumps as high as it must. Still it is time that Ox comes back, or Lallana or Keita get something done, we need a more explosive midfield if we should play Barca, Juve or City.

You want to stop taking those Doom gloom pills mate. We won, and at this stage of the season good results outweigh performance's. Having said that I thought we were excellent.
      Go take some happy pills and enjoy the run in.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #738: Mar 14, 2019 07:53:28 am

You want to stop taking those Doom gloom pills mate. We won, and at this stage of the season good results outweigh performance's. Having said that I thought we were excellent.
      Go take some happy pills and enjoy the run in.

I’d like our next manager to have this sort of spirit - constantly striving for improvement and never happy even with a good win. Picks out the slightest mistakes to perfect. That way, it will ensure that we’ll not fall behind.

But in reality, a manager who doesn’t love his players and constantly discourages them with “you’re forever not good enough” will soon lose all his players. :lmao:

I think I’ll stick with Klopp. Players run through a brick wall for him. I accept that Klopp is not perfect. But still doing a good job to take us this far.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #739: Mar 14, 2019 07:54:04 am
      Not a good game from us, but Bayern was worse and a good horse just jumps as high as it must. Still it is time that Ox comes back, or Lallana or Keita get something done, we need a more explosive midfield if we should play Barca, Juve or City.

I thought it was an excellent game for us,we won and that was all we had to do to progress through to the quarter finals.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #740: Mar 14, 2019 08:06:10 am
      I should have more faith in this team, I went for 3-1 Bayern...so pleased that kicked me in the face!!

We expect the big names to perform but I thought Matip was excellent again last night.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #741: Mar 14, 2019 08:20:21 am
      We had the hardest the of the round  and we restricted them to an own goal, and 1 shot on target.

We didn't even play well, but they feared us.

That's what we have now  the fear factor. Just like the old Utd teams, the Ronaldo era Madrid, peak Barca.

Long may it continue.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #742: Mar 14, 2019 08:23:20 am
      An incredibly intelligent and controlled away performance is how I would some the game up. Going to the Allianz Arena against European royalty and actually dominating most parts of the game is amazing and all the players and staff deserve huge credit for their preparation and delivery of that performance last night.

The game started off very cagey with neither us nor Bayern wanting to make a mistake and a lot of respect given from both sides. I felt as though Bayern opted for a high intensive and pressure system early on and it was causing us to make mistakes when passing out from the back. We found it difficult to link up play from the midfield and forwards due to this high intensity too.

Then came Mané’s goal which was just sheer individual brilliance, absolutely world class, I could watch that on repeat for days. From this point in the first half, we had much more control in the game until Gnabry eased away from Robbo to find unfortunate Matip’s leg and level the score.

The second half was one of the best performances I’ve seen from Liverpool this season, very smart play, not rushing, holding the ball up in the right moments, knowing when to sit deep, knowing when the right moment to attack is, it was just perfect.

Bayern had no fuel left in the tank by the 60th minute and I honestly think that they were hoping to blow us away in the first half.

Milner the Assist King finds VVD the Aerial King on 69 and Bayern heads start dropping every minute that ticks by. They try throwing the kitchen sink at us but truthfully don’t have enough innovation or energy to cut through us. Finally, ManĂ© heads home to kill the game with a ridiculously beautiful pass from Mo.

Bayern humbled in their back garden, first time they haven’t progesssed to the quarters since 2011. Meanwhile, we are looking like champion material, such a professional performance and game plan executed by our lads.

CL AND PL THIS YEAR REDS! COME ON! :kop5cf8koxp6:

Notable performances-
      Matip - Couldn’t do anything about the own goal. Fantastic at bringing the ball out from the back and had Lewandowski in his pocket all game.

VVD - Just love this guy to bits. He is everything you want from a Liverpool player. Won everything in the air last night, including the goal of course!

Milner - Worked his socks off and continues to prove he still has what it takes at the highest level. No one has more assists than him in CL since start of last season (10).

Mané - Two outstanding goals. His pace and unpredictability gave both Rafinha and Alaba a torrid time all game. He was the difference last night, world class Sadio, keep it up please!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #743: Mar 14, 2019 08:30:36 am
      Timo Werner shouldnt have any doubts whatsoever now. However, after last night, kinda feel Bayern wouldnt be too opposed to cash in on Lewandowski, try to get Werner, play week-in week-out for Germany's leading club and usher into a new era by sticking to Kovac. With Icardi linked to Real and Inter probably playing CL next season, who knows? Coman, Gnabry, Hudson-Odoi, Davies - Add Werner to that! Looks promising on paper.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #744: Mar 14, 2019 08:37:53 am
      Excellent result but some very sloppy performances all round but thank god for Mane, currently our best striker.
      This is so true, and for me it is what makes his substitutions vs Everton so incredible, but it is water under the bridge now...
      can't see UFEA not "Aranging" for at least two, if not all four English team to meet one another  in the quarter finals,or two team meeting and the others drawing Juve' and Barca' so only one will progress to the semi's
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #745: Mar 14, 2019 08:42:41 am
      An incredibly intelligent and controlled away performance is how I would some the game up. Going to the Allianz Arena against European royalty and actually dominating most parts of the game is amazing and all the players and staff deserve huge credit for their preparation and delivery of that performance last night.

The game started off very cagey with neither us nor Bayern wanting to make a mistake and a lot of respect given from both sides. I felt as though Bayern opted for a high intensive and pressure system early on and it was causing us to make mistakes when passing out from the back. We found it difficult to link up play from the midfield and forwards due to this high intensity too.

Then came Mané’s goal which was just sheer individual brilliance, absolutely world class, I could watch that on repeat for days. From this point in the first half, we had much more control in the game until Gnabry eased away from Robbo to find unfortunate Matip’s leg and level the score.

The second half was one of the best performances I’ve seen from Liverpool this season, very smart play, not rushing, holding the ball up in the right moments, knowing when to sit deep, knowing when the right moment to attack is, it was just perfect.

Bayern had no fuel left in the tank by the 60th minute and I honestly think that they were hoping to blow us away in the first half.

Milner the Assist King finds VVD the Aerial King on 69 and Bayern heads start dropping every minute that ticks by. They try throwing the kitchen sink at us but truthfully don’t have enough innovation or energy to cut through us. Finally, ManĂ© heads home to kill the game with a ridiculously beautiful pass from Mo.

Bayern humbled in their back garden, first time they haven’t progesssed to the quarters since 2011. Meanwhile, we are looking like champion material, such a professional performance and game plan executed by our lads.

CL AND PL THIS YEAR REDS! COME ON! :kop5cf8koxp6:

Notable performances-
      Matip - Couldn’t do anything about the own goal. Fantastic at bringing the ball out from the back and had Lewandowski in his pocket all game.

VVD - Just love this guy to bits. He is everything you want from a Liverpool player. Won everything in the air last night, including the goal of course!

Milner - Worked his socks off and continues to prove he still has what it takes at the highest level. No one has more assists than him in CL since start of last season (10).

Mané - Two outstanding goals. His pace and unpredictability gave both Rafinha and Alaba a torrid time all game. He was the difference last night, world class Sadio, keep it up please!

Totally agree with this...A great performance... The only blot on last nights performance was Robbo's yellow card and the fact that he will now miss the first leg of the quarter finals
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #746: Mar 14, 2019 08:51:17 am
      Totally agree with this...A great performance... The only blot on last nights performance was Robbo's yellow card and the fact that he will now miss the first leg of the quarter finals

Relax about Robbo.....we have the mighty Moreno on standby!
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #747: Mar 14, 2019 08:53:09 am

Moreno to fill that slot?

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #748: Mar 14, 2019 08:54:47 am
      Timo Werner shouldnt have any doubts whatsoever now. However, after last night, kinda feel Bayern wouldnt be too opposed to cash in on Lewandowski, try to get Werner, play week-in week-out for Germany's leading club and usher into a new era by sticking to Kovac. With Icardi linked to Real and Inter probably playing CL next season, who knows? Coman, Gnabry, Hudson-Odoi, Davies - Add Werner to that! Looks promising on paper.
      Don't Know Vicks', feel it will be incredibly hard for us to sign a top quality striker in the next window with out paying to dollar on wages...Who is going to really want to come knowing they are; (In reality) coming to sit on the bench behind Mane,Firmino & Salah... Unless Klopp decides that he is going to drop Firmino to midfield just behind three strikes...

Hope that we can develop one of the youth into a quality striker to for fill that role...
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #749: Mar 14, 2019 08:55:26 am
      Relax about Robbo.....we have the mighty Moreno on standby!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #750: Mar 14, 2019 08:57:23 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #751: Mar 14, 2019 09:01:49 am
      No mercy on Sunday at Fulham too!!

Confidence should be SKY HIGH now lets just destroy everyone for the rest of this season.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #752: Mar 14, 2019 09:14:41 am
      Make no mistake Bayern is a side with plenty of quality. A couple of the best creative midfielders in Europe, quality strikers and s couple of proven defenders who would walk into most top teams.
      I think it’s fair to say we dominated 70-75 per cent of that game, and the moments Bayern had, we were equal to.
      One moment of sublime magic From Mane. A towering header from VVD. An incredibly accurate cross from Mo to find Mane, and all that Bayern quality is undone and made to look quite ordinary.
      There are very few sides in Europe who could do that to them, especially at the Allianze Arena.
      Don’t underestimate our achievement last night, regardless of our few little lapses.
      We are good, we are very good.
      Who do you want in the quarters ?
      Anyone to be honest. Who do the other seven sides prefer to meet ?
      Not one of them will want us, that’s for sure.
      Terrific result and a massive, massive performance !

Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #753: Mar 14, 2019 09:38:48 am
      Great comment after last night.
      "75% of the earth is covered by water. The other 25% is covered by VVD."
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #754: Mar 14, 2019 09:48:08 am
      That’s so well put!

How arguments are festering bewilders me.
      We just smacked Bayern on their home patch, through to the last 8 and still breathing on City’s neck while chasing the title.
      We are in a beautiful period.

How we can fight amongst ourselves is astonishing. Enjoy it.

YNWA

The keyboard warriers were out in force when the team was announced, even seen folk happy hendo got injured, so their fave fab could come on. ffs. support the team whoever starts.

Klopp was spot on we needed the fresher legs in the team. when fab came on you could tell he was leggy, gave away so many sloppy passes.

All good we won. brilliant performance.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #755: Mar 14, 2019 09:55:06 am
      The keyboard warriers were out in force when the team was announced, even seen folk happy hendo got injured, so their fave fab could come on. ffs. support the team whoever starts.

Klopp was spot on we needed the fresher legs in the team. when fab came on you could tell he was leggy, gave away so many sloppy passes.

All good we won. brilliant performance.

they will not look past their own prejudice . JĂŒrgen is using the squad to ensure we have players ready and fresh for the run in.
      Looks like we are really back to our best at the right time
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #756: Mar 14, 2019 09:57:42 am
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #757: Mar 14, 2019 10:01:12 am
      This Bayern put 6 past Wolfsburg 5 days ago? Unbelievable.   
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #758: Mar 14, 2019 10:03:12 am
      I think my favourite part of the Mane goal was the arm fend on Neuer during his turn. So, so good.

Quick Reply