Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The double, is it on?

Read 22677 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: The double, is it on?
      Reply #184: May 08, 2019 09:42:20 pm
      Going to put the dregs of my betting account on Brighton keeping a clean sheet.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #185: May 08, 2019 11:00:16 pm
      What have we just witnessed in last two nights. It been amazing. Champions league on steroids. Liverpool to win final 7-6
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #186: May 08, 2019 11:01:55 pm
      It’s on!!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #187: May 08, 2019 11:20:15 pm
      I have a feeling that Karma plays out a lot in these situations. Remember City and A>>G>>U>>E>RRRRRRR>OOOOOO winning in the last minute well maybe the price to pay for that is Brighton equalising with the last kick of the match.

My best mate has been going in about a late Lewis Dunk equaliser for the last 24 hours, he’s convinced it’s gonna happen!
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #188: May 09, 2019 05:36:38 am
      1-1 at Falmer Stadium is doable
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2019 05:43:30 am by storophanthus »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #189: May 09, 2019 09:03:29 am
      things seem to come in "three's" two miracles so far this week so why not another one on Sunday
      RomaN
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts | 38 
      Reply #190: May 09, 2019 10:11:50 am
      What have we just witnessed in last two nights. It been amazing. Champions league on steroids. Liverpool to win final 7-6

No...and only because our defence is too good for Spurs.

Fancy us to get 7 mind ;)
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #191: May 09, 2019 10:22:41 am
      things seem to come in "three's" two miracles so far this week so why not another one on Sunday
      It's unlikely but possible. Who knows after what we seen so far.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #192: May 09, 2019 10:49:19 am
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #193: May 09, 2019 12:02:37 pm
      I no nothing about refs but reading martin atkinson is our ref Sunday while Mike Oliver is city refs? Good or bad or indifferent?
      Kopite78
      Reply #194: May 09, 2019 12:06:07 pm
      I no nothing about refs but reading martin atkinson is our ref Sunday while Mike Oliver is city refs? Good or bad or indifferent?

SPOILER (Tap to show)
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #195: May 09, 2019 12:07:52 pm
      As long as Oliver gives Brighton a few pens then he’s good in my book.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #196: May 09, 2019 12:16:34 pm
      As long as Oliver gives Brighton a few pens then he’s good in my book.
      Brighton might t get into the city penalty box too much😂.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #197: May 09, 2019 12:44:22 pm
      Dreamland scenario:  Kompany is looking like the hero in his City swan song after his miracle goal last week.  In the final match, Brighton play an early ball in behind the City back line and Vinny drags Murray back and gets shown a straight red.  Brighton go on to claim a 1-1 draw and LFC pip City to the title. 
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #198: May 09, 2019 12:49:07 pm
      Dreamland scenario:  Kompany is looking like the hero in his City swan song after his miracle goal last week.  In the final match, Brighton play an early ball in behind the City back line and Vinny drags Murray back and gets shown a straight red.  Brighton go on to claim a 1-1 draw and LFC pip City to the title.
      Or his alien ship  lands on the  field and a pile of Martians get out and demand he goes back home.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #199: May 09, 2019 12:57:34 pm

I can also see Kompany being the villain, against Leicester the dickhead slipped yet somehow managed to fall onto the ball to carry on his insane good fortune that match or perhaps Ederson the goalie will at some point get to cocky, he is way overdue a fuckup with those little flicks and kicks he does.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #200: May 11, 2019 10:20:37 am
      I cant make up my mind if I will watch it because I don't want to know the City result until after the game its going to be just too much tension in just a few short days its impossible to think we could have another miracle...….isn't it ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #201: May 11, 2019 10:27:32 am
      I cant make up my mind if I will watch it because I don't want to know the City result until after the game its going to be just too much tension in just a few short days its impossible to think we could have another miracle...….isn't it ?

Do you mean not watch the Liverpool game and then check both scores at 16:50? Its a nice idea but I don't think I could do that, the curiosity would kill me.

Its more likely both Liverpool and City win quite comfortably, but if we are leading and City drawing with a few minutes left the tension will be unbearable!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #202: May 11, 2019 10:28:27 am

It is too important a match for me to miss it,In my mind I will be playing every position from goalkeeper to striker,making every save and scoring every goal that we are going to score.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #203: May 11, 2019 10:50:59 am
      Not being deluded here but I’ve got a feeling the pendulum has swung back in our favour after taking Barca apart...I think Brighton v City will end in a draw & we must concenatrate at our end in seeing off Wolves..

Spurs in the CL..hmm difficult team on their day but we have enough talent in the squad to see them off & also the heartache of last seasons CL loss will give us that experience required to see it off...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #204: May 11, 2019 10:55:47 am
      Do you mean not watch the Liverpool game and then check both scores at 16:50? Its a nice idea but I don't think I could do that, the curiosity would kill me.

Its more likely both Liverpool and City win quite comfortably, but if we are leading and City drawing with a few minutes left the tension will be unbearable!

I would like to watch our game but just know that SKY will go to the City game every time Brighton go into their half. I just keep remembering the Aguero goal a few years ago now is it time to balance things out
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #205: May 11, 2019 11:38:15 am
      I would like to watch our game but just know that SKY will go to the City game every time Brighton go into their half. I just keep remembering the Aguero goal a few years ago now is it time to balance things out

I know what you mean but whatever happens we have the CL final to look forward to, if it wasn't for that it could have been a really shitty day.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #206: May 11, 2019 12:25:43 pm
      I be more than happy with a champions league if we can do it  but it would be unreal if could  do the double.  I can city winning another 1-0 but I'm praying Brighton put the effort in and somehow maybe from a set piece get something. Wjk knows what will happen in our final two gsmes. Crazy season.

Quick Reply