Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The double, is it on?

Read 23197 times
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Re: The double, is it on?
      Reply #92: Apr 28, 2019 04:45:18 pm
      Another 1-0 win even the goal was dodgy  I thought they weren't going to give it. Ffs
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #93: Apr 28, 2019 05:18:59 pm
      Now the question is do we rest players against Newcastle or not? I'm not sure what I'd do.

That's why you are not our manager. Ok I'll give you the position of a keyboard football manager. ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #94: Apr 28, 2019 05:29:00 pm
      That's why you are not our manager. Ok I'll give you the position of a keyboard football manager. ;D

I would rest a few key players and play ox, Shaq, Gomez etc. that's still a very strong team. It depends on how the players feel but we need everyone 100% for the return leg with Barca.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #95: Apr 28, 2019 05:29:57 pm
      Now the question is do we rest players against Newcastle or not? I'm not sure what I'd do.

Give yourself a rest mate
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #96: Apr 28, 2019 05:31:27 pm
      I think it's a bit unfair now make us play 3 games in six days.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #97: Apr 28, 2019 05:37:12 pm
      Only for a couple of millimeters city don't win today and couldn't see us slipping up against rafa or at home against wolves. This goal line technology has won them the league. Can't see leicester do anything cos there far better at home but also the empty had be packed and the crowd be baying for blood if any of there players are even touched. If they need a pen they go down easy and the crowd will make refs mind up for him.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #98: Apr 28, 2019 06:08:27 pm
      Got to say that after that Burnley game, I truly believe the title has gone.

I'm in the acceptance stages now whilst having very, very small hope of us not slipping up and  City dropping points against either Leicester or Brighton but its very unlikely now.

Whatever happens, even if we lost our last two league games, I'm immensely proud to be red and even more proud of what we've done this season without oil money and not breaking the rules.

Mighty.

s’all good dude
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #99: Apr 28, 2019 06:11:33 pm
      Got to say that after that Burnley game, I truly believe the title has gone.

I'm in the acceptance stages now whilst having very, very small hope of us not slipping up and  City dropping points against either Leicester or Brighton but its very unlikely now.

Whatever happens, even if we lost our last two league games, I'm immensely proud to be red and even more proud of what we've done this season without oil money and not breaking the rules.

Mighty.

BR.

Believe.
      Rodgers.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #100: Apr 28, 2019 07:36:13 pm
      City are just finding ways now of scraping wins. To get 97 points tif we win our last two he boys have been brilliant no one would been believed it would not win title. I might even try get tickets to Eithad as a Leicester supporter. If we don't win anything this season  I believe we're cursed in pl. How can we do anymore. We had so many near misses under klopp can't take another near miss. We must beat Newcastle then I pray all day Monday if that's what it takes. I can just see the cu*ts get a jammy goal and win 1-0. Common leicester your our last hope. Fkn Brighton are safe and will not even be in citys half. If we don't get pl we must get champions league. Can't leave another season empty-handed. Wouldn't be able to face the summer. Nearly the house wrecked today as it is. 😡
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #101: Apr 28, 2019 07:50:10 pm
      Stop with all the negative sh*t. 2 games left to play, we need 6 points from our games and we’ll see where we are after that. Get behind the team, it’s still all to play for. We could have a Champions League final and a chance to win the Prem on the last day, could’ve only dreamt that at the start of the season.

Get behind the red men, be optimistic, they need your support!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #102: Apr 28, 2019 08:03:19 pm
      Stop with all the negative sh*t. 2 games left to play, we need 6 points from our games and we’ll see where we are after that. Get behind the team, it’s still all to play for. We could have a Champions League final and a chance to win the Prem on the last day, could’ve only dreamt that at the start of the season.

Get behind the red men, be optimistic, they need your support!

People are behind the team. We have every faith in our lads to go on and claim the 6 remaining points. Don't confuse a lack of faith in the teams that face City with a lack of faith in our side because it's not the case.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #103: Apr 28, 2019 09:45:18 pm
      I said after an hour burnley are guna get a point here. All he has to do is head it or chest it out not down. Imagine losing the league if it happens to a couple mill of a goal line technology. No I can't bear that. So was guna watch motd think give it a miss. Even on bbc sport they were saying city don't look like scoring today.
      Kopite78
      Reply #104: Apr 28, 2019 10:08:08 pm
      I think it's a bit unfair now make us play 3 games in six days.

That's what success does for you

I love it me
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #105: Apr 28, 2019 10:23:28 pm
      To answer the OP........

Oh yeah :)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #106: Apr 28, 2019 11:11:02 pm
      I never thought I would be cheering B.R. and his Leicester team on but I will be shouting as loud as I can when they play Shitty.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #107: Apr 29, 2019 12:23:19 am
      That's what success does for you

I love it me

Yes, definitely beats the alternative.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #108: Apr 29, 2019 05:25:33 am

Can't believe our double hopes hang on the flip or none flip of a triangle.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #109: Apr 29, 2019 08:44:43 am
      I never thought I would be cheering B.R. and his Leicester team on but I will be shouting as loud as I can when they play Shitty.
      Did you see how slow aguero was leaving the field yesterday barely walking. Took an age for there substitutions. Sneaky whores even get away with the dark arts of the game fernardinho and kompany mainly do anything to win legal or not cos they no they escape punishment. Guardiola is like a cat on a hot tin roof on the sideline. Ideal scenario would be we beat Newcastle 1-0 with dodgy milner pen in 97th minute and Leicester beat city with an injury time winner 1mm over the line. Surely goal line technology has to go in our favour sometime.
      Kopite78
      Reply #110: Apr 29, 2019 08:58:52 am
      Did you see how slow aguero was leaving the field yesterday barely walking. Took an age for there substitutions. Sneaky whores even get away with the dark arts of the game fernardinho and kompany mainly do anything to win legal or not cos they no they escape punishment. Guardiola is like a cat on a hot tin roof on the sideline. Ideal scenario would be we beat Newcastle 1-0 with dodgy milner pen in 97th minute and Leicester beat city with an injury time winner 1mm over the line. Surely goal line technology has to go in our favour sometime.

Barney Barney Barney

Chill out lad... Enjoy the reds to the end and hope there's a trophy or two to enjoy

But as for your constant stuff about goal line technology.. wow.. buddy.. it's a goal, there's no if buts or maybes so let's not try to hang on to that like were hard done by.. it's a goal simple as that

Also as for Pep, to be honest I can take him or leave him, I'm really not bothered, I dont watch any interview with him cause I don't really care about him.. but having a go at him for being excitable on the touchline is a little bit cringeworthy when you consider what Jürgen is like on the touchline no?
      And I f**king love Jürgen for it.. so to have a go at Pep would be highly two faced of me

« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2019 09:05:55 am by Kopite78 »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #111: Apr 29, 2019 09:03:04 am
      Can't believe our double hopes hang on the flip or none flip of a triangle.

BR’s Mick McCarthy moment......
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #112: Apr 29, 2019 09:07:49 am
      Barney Barney Barney

Chill out lad... Enjoy the reds to the end and hope there's a lot or two to enjoy

But as for your constant stuff about goal line technology.. wow.. buddy.. it's a goal, there's no if buts or maybes so let's not try to hang on to that like were hard done by.. it's a goal simple as that

Also as for Pep, to be honest I can take him or leave him, I'm really not bothered, I do t watch any I reviews with him cause I don't really care about him.. but having a go at him for being excitable on the touchline is a little bit crimgeworthy when you consider what Jürgen is like on the touchline no?
      And I f**king love Jürgen for it.. so to have a go at Pep would be highly two faced of me
      I know its annoying be so close to a draw yesterday. We lost our last 3 cup finals in a row and four if you count FA Cup final when carroll goal wasn't given v chelsea. I think if Klopp can win a trophy it be like fergie team we could go on a run of picking up silverware. A few years ago the bar was at 80 points to win the league now it's near 100. Incredible standard. Let's just hope we win something this season if not the league then european Cup will do fine
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #113: Apr 29, 2019 10:12:25 am
      I guess it's a good thing we've reached this stage.

Parents, it feels like your kid's done a pretty good job but will come in second in class. How would you react?

Kids, it feels like you've done a damn bloody good job. How would you want your parents to react.

Would parents praise the kid for a job well done or keep harping on those silly mistakes which the kid could have done better?

I guess this situation brings whoever we are ultimately as fans, into the light. Are we hopeless or heartless? Simply swap the word parents for fans and kids for the team. And you'll get a better idea.

I wrote an article a couple of weeks back. It's the full blown impact of whether fans are heartless task masters or not. Enjoy my article below...

https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,50872.msg2227605.html#msg2227605
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #114: Apr 29, 2019 01:19:29 pm
      Is the double still on? Of course it is. I read someone earlier post that Brighton were safe, don't know where they got that idea from. They currently sit 4 points ahead of Cardiff City. Cardiff have Palace home (a game they can win) & United away on the final day. Brighton have Arsenal away (a game they should lose) & then City home. If Cardiff beat Palace and Brighton lose to Arsenal then they go into the last match day just one point ahead of Cardiff. If i remember correctly all last day games are played at 15:00 hrs on the Sunday.

Brighton will need to at least match the Cardiff result to ensure safety. It is not inconceivable to think that Cardiff could go to Old Trafford and get a win, a draw would not be enough for them as Brighton have a far superior goal difference. I understand this is all supposition and Leicester could rock up at the Etihad on Monday night and blow this all out of the water.

As long as there is hope there is always belief and i still believe we can do this. There are so many variables but that is what keeps the hope alive.

We can do this.   

Quick Reply