Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The double, is it on?

Read 22685 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      The double, is it on?
      Mar 14, 2019 01:17:18 pm
      Lets debate it

Are we playing well enough throughout the squad to win both the league and champions league?

Ive us winning the league by 1 and im getting more confident on that as I look at the fixtures

Champiobs league we can beat abyone

But will one slip us up going for both or is it on?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: The double, is it on?
      Reply #1: Mar 14, 2019 01:28:14 pm
      Lets debate it

Are we playing well enough throughout the squad to win both the league and champions league?

Ive us winning the league by 1 and im getting more confident on that as I look at the fixtures

Only Gary Neville knows for sure.  :)

But seriously folks...it's all about consistency. We have the team to beat anybody. It's just a question of stringing together performances day-in and day-out. Eight league matches and potentially five in the CL. Let's finish in style.

Biggest questions will be depth in the back line and overall fitness levels. Strengths will be midfield depth, the forward line and of course, our manager.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #2: Mar 14, 2019 01:46:27 pm
      Lets debate it

I'm just glad we're still in the Champions League as I think a defeat last night would've been hugely demoralising going into the last run of Premier League games. That win is a huge boost going into the game against Fulham and we should simply have a winning mentality with every game that comes by. There's no one that we are going to face from now until the end of the season that we can't defeat.

Let's just keep winning and see where this awesome ride takes us; one thing is for sure, it's going to be fun.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #3: Mar 14, 2019 02:14:09 pm
      a defeat last night would've been hugely demoralising going into the last run of Premier League games.

We could go Marbella or Dubai training camp again!  ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4: Mar 14, 2019 02:58:02 pm
      I would say so, why not.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5: Mar 14, 2019 02:59:58 pm
      Yes it is eminently do-able.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #6: Mar 14, 2019 03:21:41 pm

If we did, would these boards become almost totally quiet (as with winning post-match threads vs. matches where we draw or lose) or would everyone who has been slagging the team  all season come in and say they were with the boys all the way?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #7: Mar 14, 2019 03:26:06 pm
      If we did, would these boards become almost totally quiet (as with winning post-match threads vs. matches where we draw or lose) or would everyone who has been slagging the team  all season come in and say they were with the boys all the way?

You’d need to ask them Rob mate.

I’ve given up trying to second guess those who have no real interest in the club/team.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #8: Mar 14, 2019 03:39:55 pm
      I think we are definitely in with a great chance last night will have given the lads a massive confidence boost.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #9: Mar 14, 2019 04:22:07 pm
      Really?

After Everton

out of our hands now...cant wait to hear from all you clowns now who tried telling us it was ok dropping all those points in the last few weeks

After Bayern

And talking about the double.

If I use the word "fickle", will you be offended?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: Mar 14, 2019 04:31:45 pm
      Really?

After Everton

After Bayern

Fans get emotional.
      Brian's a solid poster.
      Not sure there is much wrong with him expressing his feelings at the time.
      Maybe it's a better indicator of how opinions (and momentum) can change after a couple of results.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #11: Mar 14, 2019 04:42:54 pm
      Really?

After Everton

After Bayern

It's all in the nature of most fooball fans, peeks and troughs, spells when you feel like we can beat the world and spells when you can't see where the next goal or win will come from
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #12: Mar 14, 2019 05:31:14 pm
      You have to be in it to win it, and we are, so yes, we can do it but from a probability standpoint i am not overly confident we can. This is simply and only because i have concerns, perhaps unfounded, that our front 3 will burn out from the physical and mental demands of chasing the double, as we don't have quality cover for them and the gap between them and Origi/Sturridge is too large, so they'd have to play every game.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #13: Mar 14, 2019 05:36:40 pm
      Don’t know about the double...

Got a semi on though.... 😂
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #14: Mar 14, 2019 05:37:47 pm
      Win 13 games in a row and we’ll be lifting both.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #15: Mar 14, 2019 05:56:37 pm
      Would trump Utds treble season if we did
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #16: Mar 14, 2019 06:41:18 pm
      If the players who are selected for the next remaining games do their job, we can beat anyone, it’s as simple (well kind of) as that. Just do your job, and only focus on what you do on the pitch
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #17: Mar 14, 2019 06:41:52 pm
      F***ing to right we can,some may think where getting ahead of ourselves but I think we’ve come good at the right time of the season,we’ve got Adam back,both joe & ox not that far away so that’s a full F***ing squad no less,so yeah we can
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #18: Mar 14, 2019 06:57:03 pm
      It's definitely within the capability of this team and I feel the run in the CL is going to help our League form and keep us in a rhythm.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #19: Mar 14, 2019 07:08:48 pm
      Well if we do it and that’s a big if , because we have had some quite fantastic teams who couldn’t manage it,
      This team will go down in folklore as the third Liverpool team in history to complete the fete , considering the juggernaut that is city I would argue this would be the greatest feat .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20: Mar 14, 2019 07:33:42 pm
      Absolutely we can, said this before I'll say it again,  We are every bit as good a side as City, they may have more quality to choose from but overall we are on a par t least,
      The media (Sky) mainly will tell you different,  they'll conjure up little bites of information telling the world how we were once ten points ahead and have now squandered them away , they'll come up with "City are the best prem side , Ever, well F**k off with that sh*t,
      We are 1pt behind and not going away,  so let's see how they cope with us breathing down their necks, they didn't have it last season coz the breezed it snd were already out of the CL in the run in,

We of course have yet to cross the premier league winning line which has its own pressures but i reckon we.are better placed at handing the pressure  having reached major finals in recent seasons, 

City will feel the heat if their not already, the signs are there, missing key players at the most crucial part of the season, the pressure will build, 

So yes for me the Double most certainly is within our capabilities, and,  WHY THE F**k NOT ??

YNWA
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #21: Mar 14, 2019 08:15:07 pm
      Hang on a minute.

Last week we were apparently terrible and bottling it.

Our Midfield didnt score enough goals.

Salah was having a terrible season.

We should have Beaten Man U and Everton away and dropped 4 points.

What the heck is going on here?
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Mar 14, 2019 08:23:10 pm
      Fun tho it is we don't want to get ahead of ourselves. Klopp won't get carried away after Bayern. He knows nothing is on if we start looking to far ahead. Down the years having the right attitude going into games is vital.And it's even more important for the flair players, Salah,Mane,Bobby, Lallana. One game at a time - we have no choice, it's coming and we are ready..

Quick Reply