Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The double, is it on?

Read 22670 times
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Re: The double, is it on?
      Reply #69: Apr 22, 2019 08:35:37 pm
      Imagine there United fans out there who said they would rather there team get relegated  than lfc win PL. Madness
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #70: Apr 22, 2019 08:56:05 pm
      Imagine there United fans out there who said they would rather there team get relegated  than lfc win PL. Madness

You really should be more concerned about what we are doing, than reading what other fans are saying about us. Who really gives a sh*t about what Manure or other fans are saying, because I don't.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #71: Apr 23, 2019 10:13:22 am
      If I had to put my house on it though I'd say it won't happen.  Too much intensity at this stage of the season.  Barcelona have a huge luxury when it comes to resting players and having their focus 100% on the Champions League whereas we don't have that.

We're better than Barca though mate. Been watching them in CL this season and they've been underwhelming to say the least. Spurs held them at Nou Camp. Lyon held them at home and they just about scraped past PSV. Even the Utd game when they won 3-0 was down to Messi's brilliance, rest of the team (aside from Couts) looked distinctly average. Utd, as sh*t as they are, carved them open on a few occasions and only couldn't finish because...well you can't polish a t*rd can you? The only fear factor is that Messi can turn it on and change their whole game like against Lyon or Utd in second leg. Even if he does, I still say we can outscore them.

The league is a different prospect I guess but I won't give up hope. City, as fantastic as they have been, do have a loss or a draw in their locker. That Burnley game must be a daunting one for them after what they did at Stamford Bridge.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #72: Apr 23, 2019 11:12:20 am
      Of course its on, were 6 games away, every game is a cup final now.

Really looking forward to proving were the best team in Europe, had to remind some friends that barca have been nowhere near winning the champions league in recent years.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #73: Apr 23, 2019 11:37:42 am
      You can be bothered and still have the feeling that City won't drop anymore points.

I find it hard to see where they will drop points, that doesn't stop me thinking we can win every game and be there ready to capitalise if they do.

I just don't understand this way of thinking or analysis. Citeh have Utd and Burnley away, both are extremely tricky fixtures, they then have Leicester at home who as we know can be very dangerous and are more than capable of getting something out of that game, then the final game is away against Brighton, a Brighton team who may very well be scrapping for survival in the league an din those games anything can happen.
      If you honestly can't see any scenario for them to drop points in those games then you might as well advocate that we rest players in the league and focus 100% on the CL.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #74: Apr 23, 2019 11:50:12 am
      Of course it’s on.

Nothing in life is guaranteed but this is a very, very live prospect......
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #75: Apr 23, 2019 12:19:13 pm
      Of course it’s on.

Nothing in life is guaranteed but this is a very, very live prospect......

Don't forget we were looking very good in last year's final before Real's one man goon squad did two of our players and the second of those became a walking mistake in goal (or whatever the reason he had such a shocker).  The only doubt is that City's results are out of our hands and they have been good enough toget needed results.

I have no doubt we can do our part.
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2019 01:55:24 pm by Robby The Z »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #76: Apr 23, 2019 01:16:18 pm
      Don't forget we we're looking very good in last year's final before Real's one man goon squad did two of our players and the second of those became a walking mistake in goal (or whatever the reason he had such a shocker).  The only doubt is that City's results are out of our hands and they have been good enough toget needed results.

I have no doubt we can do our part.

Good point. Well made :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #77: Apr 23, 2019 03:03:27 pm
      I just don't understand this way of thinking or analysis. Citeh have Utd and Burnley away, both are extremely tricky fixtures, they then have Leicester at home who as we know can be very dangerous and are more than capable of getting something out of that game, then the final game is away against Brighton, a Brighton team who may very well be scrapping for survival in the league an din those games anything can happen.
      If you honestly can't see any scenario for them to drop points in those games then you might as well advocate that we rest players in the league and focus 100% on the CL.

You obviously don't understand what I was saying then.

Of course there is a scenario where they will drop points but sitting here right now I find it hard to see that happening with how they are playing.

Will they drop points?

Possibly and there is that chance.

Would I bet my house on it?

No
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #78: Apr 23, 2019 07:59:17 pm
      We are still in the C.L.
      We still have a mathematical chance of wining the prem.

SO YES, YOU BET IT F***ing IS  :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #79: Apr 24, 2019 10:15:04 am

You're on  ;)
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #80: Apr 24, 2019 10:15:23 am
      It's on like Donkey Kong!
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #81: Apr 25, 2019 09:59:06 am
      United running around jogging last night. Laughing with guardiola after the game. Fred starting who utterly useless. Darmian who hasn't started since god knows when. Fkn joke. De gea then drops two clangers.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #82: Apr 25, 2019 10:22:20 am
      ‘Best Keeper Currently In World Football’

SCHOOLBOY ERRORS !

So does letting TWO near post shots in, in less than 12 mins amount to match fixing 😳
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #83: Apr 25, 2019 11:10:13 am
      Just keep on doing what we have doing and it’ll come.. we just need to push & believe as a collective..
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #84: Apr 25, 2019 01:29:43 pm

SCHOOLBOY ERRORS !

So does letting TWO near post shots in, in less than 12 mins amount to match fixing 😳
      I think so he guilty your honour. Hang the c**t
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #85: Apr 25, 2019 01:32:59 pm
      I think if guardiola had his cock out after the game the United players would been lining up to suck him off. Never seen as much smiling and hugs from United players to guardiola after the game. They did not care one iota that they lost. Even darmian got a start thought he had left united a year ago.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #86: Apr 25, 2019 01:37:58 pm

SCHOOLBOY ERRORS !

De Gea has been sh*te since the start of the World Cup.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #87: Apr 27, 2019 12:08:13 pm
      De Gea has been sh*te since the start of the World Cup.

He's still got the ridicule of his team-mates ringing in his ears calling him Karius.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #88: Apr 27, 2019 12:09:41 pm
      Oh, and... the double, is it on? (looks around suspiciously as Barcelona away approaches).
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #89: Apr 28, 2019 04:14:53 pm
      Got to say that after that Burnley game, I truly believe the title has gone.

I'm in the acceptance stages now whilst having very, very small hope of us not slipping up and  City dropping points against either Leicester or Brighton but its very unlikely now.

Whatever happens, even if we lost our last two league games, I'm immensely proud to be red and even more proud of what we've done this season without oil money and not breaking the rules.

Mighty.
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2019 04:29:38 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #90: Apr 28, 2019 04:17:01 pm
      Oh, and... the double, is it on? (looks around suspiciously as Barcelona away approaches).

I'd settle for the single.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #91: Apr 28, 2019 04:23:34 pm
      Now the question is do we rest players against Newcastle or not? I'm not sure what I'd do.

Quick Reply