Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The double, is it on?

Read 23168 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: The double, is it on?
      Reply #115: Apr 29, 2019 01:42:20 pm
      I said after an hour burnley are guna get a point here. All he has to do is head it or chest it out not down. Imagine losing the league if it happens to a couple mill of a goal line technology. No I can't bear that. So was guna watch motd think give it a miss. Even on bbc sport they were saying city don't look like scoring today.

??? Citeh were all over Burnley in the second half until they scored, even if that ball had not crossed that line Citeh would have eventually scored as Burnley just kept lumping the ball back to them, there was no attempt at playing the ball out, soaking up some pressure etc, it was terrible panicky tactics from Burnley and it would have been a miracle if they had survived that for another 30 minutes.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #116: Apr 29, 2019 01:44:48 pm
      Did you see how slow aguero was leaving the field yesterday barely walking. Took an age for there substitutions. Sneaky whores even get away with the dark arts of the game fernardinho and kompany mainly do anything to win legal or not cos they no they escape punishment. Guardiola is like a cat on a hot tin roof on the sideline. Ideal scenario would be we beat Newcastle 1-0 with dodgy milner pen in 97th minute and Leicester beat city with an injury time winner 1mm over the line. Surely goal line technology has to go in our favour sometime.

I'd rather we beat Newcastle by 2 or 3 goals, Leicester win by a few and then we beat Wolves final day by a couple of goals to help Leicester to 7th and return the favour!
      I want to beat Citeh on points and goal difference.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #117: Apr 29, 2019 02:03:41 pm
      The double is on, right up until the moment it isn't.

That could mean the final whistle of the last league game, or the final whistle of the CL final.

We're in there, so there's a chance we can do it.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #118: Apr 29, 2019 02:11:38 pm
      Also as for Pep, to be honest I can take him or leave him, I'm really not bothered, I dont watch any interview with him cause I don't really care about him.. but having a go at him for being excitable on the touchline is a little bit cringeworthy when you consider what Jürgen is like on the touchline no?

I actually don't mind Pep, when City lost a few, he never blamed the refs, or the supporters or the wind...or whatever else that c*** Fergie used to come out with. And boy do I love Klopp's excitable nature, wouldn't change it for the world. To think we used to have owl face sitting at the sidelines looking sheepish and lost...
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #119: Apr 29, 2019 03:18:01 pm
      People are behind the team. We have every faith in our lads to go on and claim the 6 remaining points. Don't confuse a lack of faith in the teams that face City with a lack of faith in our side because it's not the case.

I weren't questioning anyone's faith in the team!

My point is that our fans on here shouldn't be so negative when there's still footy left to play. It's not over yet, simple as that.

There shouldn't be anything but a positive atmosphere around our club right now as we are potentially five games away from a Champions League and Premier League double - and if we get neither then so be it - they'll dust themselves off and go again next year.

There's still 180 minutes of PL footy left to play for both teams and I for one won't have lost hope until it's all played out.

The double is on, right up until the moment it isn't.

That could mean the final whistle of the last league game, or the final whistle of the CL final.

We're in there, so there's a chance we can do it.

Spot on!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #120: Apr 29, 2019 03:34:15 pm
      Quote from barney73
      Only for a couple of millimeters city don't win today and couldn't see us slipping up against rafa or at home against wolves. This goal line technology has won them the league. Can't see leicester do anything cos there far better at home but also the empty had be packed and the crowd be baying for blood if any of there players are even touched. If they need a pen they go down easy and the crowd will make refs mind up for him.

Another scattergun post.

One day, if a ball was halfway over the goalline, it "should" be a goal. The next day, goalline technology has "won" City the league.

The rule since Day 1 of our sport is, if all of the ball is over all of the line, a goal is scored. Therefore the City goal was valid. And if they needed to score a different type of goal, they would have. Burnley are not good enough to hold City scoreless for 90 minutes. And they didn't.

Quote from heimdall
      Now the question is do we rest players against Newcastle or not? I'm not sure what I'd do.

We don't rest players against anyone. We are used to playing twice per week. We have a maximum of 5 competitive games before mid-August. This is the business end of the season, we have world class players, and have massive momentum. The players should relish the challenge every few days, not want to run and hide from it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #121: Apr 29, 2019 03:42:41 pm
      Another scattergun post.

One day, if a ball was halfway over the goalline, it "should" be a goal. The next day, goalline technology has "won" City the league.

The rule since Day 1 of our sport is, if all of the ball is over all of the line, a goal is scored. Therefore the City goal was valid. And if they needed to score a different type of goal, they would have. Burnley are not good enough to hold City scoreless for 90 minutes. And they didn't.

We don't rest players against anyone. We are used to playing twice per week. We have a maximum of 5 competitive games before mid-August. This is the business end of the season, we have world class players, and have massive momentum. The players should relish the challenge every few days, not want to run and hide from it.

I think that is to simple an answer. We play Barcelona away on Wednesday which will be a tough game, we then have Newcastle away on Saturday night, which I think we should win fairly comfortably although it depends on if Perez plays or not. We then have the return game against Barca at home on Tuesday! That is a tough schedule, just 2 days between matches, and considering we have Ox coming back, along with Joe and a fully fit Shaq I would be quite tempted to do a litte bit of rotation if some players look tired after the first Barca game. I think we could do that and not drop the quality very much, in fact it could be a benefit in the match against Newcastle to have some fresh legs in the team.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #122: Apr 29, 2019 03:51:31 pm
      I think that is to simple an answer. We play Barcelona away on Wednesday which will be a tough game, we then have Newcastle away on Saturday night, which I think we should win fairly comfortably although it depends on if Perez plays or not. We then have the return game against Barca at home on Tuesday! That is a tough schedule, just 2 days between matches, and considering we have Ox coming back, along with Joe and a fully fit Shaq I would be quite tempted to do a litte bit of rotation if some players look tired after the first Barca game. I think we could do that and not drop the quality very much, in fact it could be a benefit in the match against Newcastle to have some fresh legs in the team.

Klopp will use fresh legs no doubt in the next 3 games, but it will only 2 or 3 changes max.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #123: Apr 29, 2019 04:06:24 pm
      Klopp will use fresh legs no doubt in the next 3 games, but it will only 2 or 3 changes max.

I'd be happy with 3-4 changes, nothing radical, just rest the players needing some rest, mainly midfield I'd imagine, plus Trent and Joe, maybe even Milner in for Robertson in the Newcastle game, but as said it will depend mostly on how the players feel and its impossible for us to know that.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #124: Apr 29, 2019 06:14:22 pm
      Quote from heimdall
      I think that is to simple an answer. We play Barcelona away on Wednesday which will be a tough game, we then have Newcastle away on Saturday night, which I think we should win fairly comfortably although it depends on if Perez plays or not. We then have the return game against Barca at home on Tuesday!

I'm well aware of what the schedule is. These players are on the verge of history, they should be able and willing to play next day if called upon. Compared to other professions the rest of us have, footballers have it incredibly easy. But if they do feel a bit weary, reminding themselves of what is at stake should see them soon snap out of it.

Chances to win a league and/or qualify for the European Cup Final, both in front of our own fans in the space of a few days, don't come along every week. They have all summer to put their feet up. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #125: Apr 29, 2019 06:35:16 pm

Yes we do.
      We do it literally all the time.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #126: Apr 30, 2019 09:37:41 am
      Yes we do.
      We do it literally all the time.

Correct, Klopp has been resting \ rotating the MF all season.

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #127: May 01, 2019 02:43:15 pm
      The only mainstays have been Alisson, Virgil, Robbo and the front three.

Midfield has been rotated every game almost.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #128: May 01, 2019 06:08:03 pm
      The only mainstays have been Alisson, Virgil, Robbo and the front three.

Midfield has been rotated every game almost.

The fitness of the front three has been immense given the number of games / minutes they've played. We're very lucky.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #129: May 01, 2019 06:18:40 pm
      Correct, Klopp has been resting \ rotating the MF all season.

Remember during his first season when the MF all started to get injured at once, and we had to play kids in the cup?

I think that's why he bought in more mf, and why he rotates them so much.
      They do an incredible amount of work that largely goes unnoticed.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,657 posts | 485 
      Reply #130: May 01, 2019 09:45:27 pm
      Goodbye.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #131: May 01, 2019 10:49:50 pm
      I think we are odds against in reality after this going away to Newcastle in 3 days time.

If there is any hope it is this game week because City wont be losing points to Brighton the week after.

It's a forlorn hope now for either trophy.

Good season but until we win something it's all for little.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #132: May 01, 2019 11:46:56 pm
      my word its gonna be a long long long summer......
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #133: May 02, 2019 02:00:59 am
      Yep, beat them 3-0 at home, take it to extra time and win on penalties and then Citeh lose to Leicester.

Easy.

:couch:

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #134: May 02, 2019 02:06:17 am
      Going to need 4-0 at home V Barca and a Vardy hat trick at this stage.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #135: May 02, 2019 02:15:57 am
      Going to need 4-0 at home V Barca and a Vardy hat trick at this stage.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,988 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #136: May 02, 2019 07:38:00 am
      Yep, beat them 3-0 at home, take it to extra time and win on penalties and then Citeh lose to Leicester.

Easy.

:couch:

Problem with that Aussie 3 goals won't be enough, you need 5 coz Barc always good for a goal.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #137: May 02, 2019 07:52:28 am
      Problem with that Aussie 3 goals won't be enough, you need 5 coz Barc always good for a goal.

Barca are always good for a goal but so are Liverpool, yet somehow failed to score yesterday, realistically though I just cannot see us beating Barca, that 3rd goal from Messi was a real sucker punch combined with Salah missing a sitter, but I've seen some incredible comebacks at Anfield and it would be fantastic to beat Suarez and Cuntinio.

Typical of our luck but it also shows that we have to get more clinical in front of goal and take our chances. We normally get away with it because we create so many but in Europe at the highest level you don't, that was the real difference yesterday, Barca took their chances we didn't, we actually had pretty good control of the game until the end.

Quick Reply