Trending Topics

Next match: Tranmere v LFC [Friendly] Thu 11th Jul @ 7:30 pm
      Prenton Park

Today is the 25th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool to face Porto in Quarter Final

Read 2832 times
      Billo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,114 posts | 328 
      Re: Liverpool to face Porto in Quarter Final
      Reply #100: Mar 15, 2019 02:35:27 pm
      Won't be a easy game at all. I'm happy that we got porto but I have no doubt that it will be a difficult test for us.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,348 posts | 1356 
      Reply #101: Mar 15, 2019 02:39:43 pm
      Brilliant draw. Not just because we've got Porto who are the weakest left in the competition, but our rivals have horrible ties.

I was hoping for an all English tie, as long as it wasn't us.

I'm made up Tottenham got city. That won't be as straight forward as some people think. Tottenham will have a really good go at them.

I'm also made up united got Barca. Messi and Suarez are going to make their back line look like f**king idiots.

I'm also happy we play the winners of that tie. Personally I'd rather have a go at Barcelona over two legs rather than a one off game in a final. Away goals will prove vital for both teams and I fancy us to do more damage over at their place than them do damage at anfield.

Likewise, but in reverse, I'd rather play Juventus in a one off final rather than over two legs. I think over two legs Juventus could be very strong. So I'm happy to avoid them for now.

Just a brilliant draw. And we deserve it too. I can't help but laugh at all the opposition fans saying it's a fix and how lucky we are when we had the group of death and Bayern f**king Munich in the last 16.
      « Last Edit: Mar 15, 2019 02:45:26 pm by HamannsTheMan »
      LMW
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 357 posts | 112 
      Reply #102: Mar 15, 2019 02:40:01 pm
      6stringer
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,906 posts | 441 
      Reply #103: Mar 15, 2019 02:46:40 pm
      That'll do me.
      Glad it's against European opposition, makes it more relevant and ups the adrenalin and I won't be expecting the same kind of games as last year against Porto either.

heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,651 posts | 1855 
      Reply #104: Mar 15, 2019 02:55:56 pm
      Excellent draw and fantastic that Citeh finally got a tricky opponent, I think Spurs will push them, might even beat them.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,923 posts | 411 
      Reply #105: Mar 15, 2019 02:59:24 pm
      macbk
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 532 posts | 41 
      Reply #106: Mar 15, 2019 03:31:20 pm

Major. Do ya think Klopp will have trouble fitting him in? I mean, Naby (albeit he's hurt atm) & Shaq have not been getting any action as of late.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,316 posts | 726 
      Reply #107: Mar 15, 2019 03:34:59 pm
      Couldn't be better but no complacency

Yes, let's not consider the job done. Will still take a professional performance with full support.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,923 posts | 411 
      Reply #108: Mar 15, 2019 03:49:11 pm
      Major. Do ya think Klopp will have trouble fitting him in? I mean, Naby (albeit he's hurt atm) & Shaq have not been getting any action as of late.

Don't think so. Ox should be more familiar with the pressing system than Naby and Shaq.
      LMW
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 357 posts | 112 
      Reply #109: Mar 15, 2019 03:53:46 pm
      It was very early on in the first leg of the semi-final against Roma when Ox got the injury wasn't it. It would be poetic if he's back to fitness and form to help us get to the final this year.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,923 posts | 411 
      Reply #110: Mar 15, 2019 03:56:46 pm
      I wanted Ox to come back against City and bang one in from 25 yards. That will be some comeback!
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #111: Mar 15, 2019 04:23:58 pm
      That f**ker Adrian durham must be the most annoying c**t on radio. Today he's saying that Lpool have been lucky for years in every draw and match they played in. So napoli Paris group was easy. Getting beat in our last three Cup finals seville eas due to ref incompetency. He on about 2005 but no word of 07when we battered Milan in final and lost to Milan only two shots. Anyway
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 26,694 posts | 3612 
      Reply #112: Mar 15, 2019 04:37:24 pm
      forget OX he has been out for 12 months he may be fit but just look at how Adam Lallana has struggled for form it can take an age to get back from this length of lay off.
      We have more than enough in midfield to cope with any sort of game or opposition and young Andy can have a nice rest ready for the second leg.
      Just watch Mo start banging in the goals again now
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,515 posts | 3016 
      Reply #113: Mar 15, 2019 04:38:39 pm
      That f**ker Adrian durham must be the most annoying c**t on radio. Today he's saying that Lpool have been lucky for years in every draw and match they played in. So napoli Paris group was easy. Getting beat in our last three Cup finals seville eas due to ref incompetency. He on about 2005 but no word of 07when we battered Milan in final and lost to Milan only two shots. Anyway

It’s his job to get a bite to get people to ring in.

It’s called Talk Sh*te!
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #114: Mar 15, 2019 05:23:40 pm
      Ox probably but gomez defo will be on the bench after international break I'd say. That's good news.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,651 posts | 1855 
      Reply #115: Mar 15, 2019 05:35:55 pm

I didn't hear him say that but he came out with some crap about Liverpool being under more pressure now that they have Porto as they are expected to win, I mean What The Actual F**k??? Real pressure is what Citeh have, Spurs is a tough opponent yet they are expected to win that tie with ease!
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #116: Mar 15, 2019 05:48:42 pm
      forget OX he has been out for 12 months he may be fit but just look at how Adam Lallana has struggled for form it can take an age to get back from this length of lay off.

Is there an example where someone came back after such a long time pretty quickly to be 100% again?
      LondonRed83
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,360 posts | 1298 
      Reply #117: Mar 15, 2019 05:50:01 pm

https://twitter.com/talksport/status/1106609772390989825?s=21

Ha ha the jealousy
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,954 posts | 2508 
      Reply #118: Mar 15, 2019 05:55:13 pm
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,832 posts | 2305 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #119: Mar 15, 2019 06:02:41 pm

The only reason Arsenal have a harder draw is because we already beat Napoli. Stupid c**t he is.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,311 posts | 372 
      Reply #120: Mar 15, 2019 06:12:46 pm
      Yep we were lucky we got city last year.

Think we were pretty lucky when we had Manu and Dortmund in the Europa league too.  We were also pretty lucky when we got Chelsea in the League cup, and Wolves away in the FA cup, while city had the mighty New Port county. Burton in the league cup was a tough draw for them too.

What a genius!  :f_tongueincheek:

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,277 posts | 3324 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #121: Mar 15, 2019 06:18:43 pm

There's only one thing worse than Durham and that's everybody falling for his sh*te and giving him what he wants by reacting and phoning in which is what he says these things for.
      RomaN
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts | 16 
      Reply #122: Mar 15, 2019 06:47:39 pm
      There's only one thing worse than Durham and that's everybody falling for his sh*te and giving him what he wants by reacting and phoning in which is what he says these things for.

This. Bang on.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,641 posts | 5026 
      • YNWA
      Reply #123: Mar 15, 2019 07:01:52 pm
      Porto are going to be tougher than they were last year but I'm well up for this. Deserved as well - we've played PSG, Napoli and Munich so far in this season's competition and it's been a mighty effort so far. Porto are there to be beat but none of us are cashing in our money for semi final tickets just yet. We will respect them and approach them the same way we'd have done if it had been any of the other 6 teams we could have been drawn against.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,641 posts | 5026 
      • YNWA
      Reply #124: Mar 15, 2019 07:08:58 pm
      It's a good QF lineup though - packed with footballing royalty and history all over...and Man City.

Quick Reply