Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Fulham?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (4.3%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (0.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      10 (8.7%)
       Fabinho
      5 (4.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      4 (3.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      72 (62.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (1.7%)
      James Milner
      7 (6.1%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      4 (3.5%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: Mar 21, 2019 04:05:37 pm

Fulham 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25289 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Fulham 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Mar 17, 2019 04:56:32 pm
      Still not good enough. We must be 5-0 up before every kickoff. We must win in style! :f_steam:  :mad:

We're rubbish without Hollywood Balls, overhead kicks, perfect hat tricks. We're expected to be the Harlem Globetrotters.

Mo hits the bar, mane follows up with a header onto the bar, bounces back to Ox outside the area, Ox shoots a belter from erm... "downtown"? For a... three? :lmao:

Is he back ?

Where is he ? 

Still in the hole in the skirting board ?

;D

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,381 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #392: Mar 17, 2019 05:00:29 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #393: Mar 17, 2019 05:12:02 pm
      3  points top of the league move on.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #394: Mar 17, 2019 05:17:03 pm
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #395: Mar 17, 2019 05:19:10 pm
      3  points top of the league move on.

Didn't know you are a traffic warden...kept that quiet..
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #396: Mar 17, 2019 05:25:08 pm
      Origi did offer a bit of pace and was willing to have a pop..
      yet got no votes for MOTM and someone voted for Sturridge...???
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #397: Mar 17, 2019 05:32:04 pm
      Still not good enough. We must be 5-0 up before every kickoff. We must win in style! :f_steam:  :mad:

We're rubbish without Hollywood balls, overhead kicks, perfect hat tricks. We're expected to be the Harlem Globetrotters.

Mo hits the bar, mane follows up with a header onto the bar, bounces back to Ox outside the area, Ox shoots a belter from erm... "downtown"? For a... three? :lmao:
      At long last you are beginning to get it  ruth'.... Took you long enough  :f_tongueincheek:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #398: Mar 17, 2019 05:51:12 pm
      3 more points in the bag.

That's all that counts.
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #399: Mar 17, 2019 05:58:18 pm
      yet got no votes for MOTM and someone voted for Sturridge...???

Sturridge got 2 votes for MOTM..didn't see him touch the ball....must've been his brilliant off the ball runs that swung it.
      rossyred

• 9,226 posts | 1650 
      Reply #400: Mar 17, 2019 06:04:03 pm
      Thought Trent poor and Salah and Bobby off the pace. Gini quiet
      Fab and Robbo good and Origi bright when he came on. Mane our star at the moment just hope the 2 week break will help Mo and he comes back firing
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,280 posts | 1513 
      Reply #401: Mar 17, 2019 06:26:58 pm
      Clearly not at our best today, especially in the final third.
      Mane’s goal was a thing of beauty though.
      An off day, following a huge game on Wednesday, and still got the three points.
      However mane reacts, the pen was a stone wall decision. To not give it would have been ridiculous. Clear drag back.
      Anyone who can’t see that is either retarded, doesn’t know the rules or is a WUM. Simple.
      Done our bit, back on top, just keep it up !
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #402: Mar 17, 2019 06:39:28 pm
      Thought Trent poor and Salah and Bobby off the pace. Gini quiet
      Fab and Robbo good and Origi bright when he came on. Mane our star at the moment just hope the 2 week break will help Mo and he comes back firing

Can't knock Trent much.He's learning all the time. Have to remember we don't play with a target man. His crossing is a bit off sometime but he is an outstanding talent that can only get better. Klopp won't say a word of criticism just a gentle nudge this way or that but he knows time is on his side.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #403: Mar 17, 2019 06:45:50 pm
      I was sat in the Hammersmith End for this one...with the home fans. It's a strange thing sitting with the home fans in that you have to keep civil and there is a disconnect happening to the point where it feels like I'm watching them on tv which inevitably makes me more critical. When sitting at Anfield or with home fans in away matches I'm relentlessly positive and never does a negative remark pass my lips and into the open air! But the Fulham fans were very civil and it was a nice comfortable place to be in. And as expected, Craven Cottage is beautiful if a little difficult to view the whole action. It makes you really appreciate the full perspective offered by the new main stand at Anfield and Anfield as a whole.

Trent had a tough game and he may find that with Gomez coming back he'll get his performances kick started. Firmino very sloppy today as well - he's a had a fair few of those this season, maybe too many. Thought Robbo was his usual dependable self. You never have to question where Robbo is - he's always where he should be and his play and work rate with Mane on that left side makes it a glorious outlet for us. I must say I still get a warm/surreal feeling seeing Robbo and VVD playing for us when just a few years ago they were battling it out for their respective teams in the SPL in places like Dingwall, Dundee, Hamilton...places that seem a world away from the excessive luxuries of West London!

Mane continues to be Mane - a pure match winner for us. Surely opposition sides are looking at us and are putting him as the number 1 threat instead of Salah now. His form, when we've really needed it, has been exceptional. No price can be put on his efforts in keeping us fighting fit in Europe and domestically.

And it's nice/a relief to successfully come away from a match that features that rarest of happenings - a Virgil blunder! But apart from that he was always on the front foot and the mistake didn't get to him. And the whole team responded well and in the end we deserved it (could anyone complain if we had scored a third?) even if we weren't quite at it today.
      « Last Edit: Mar 17, 2019 07:10:06 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,533 posts | 3904 
      Reply #404: Mar 17, 2019 07:00:03 pm
      I was sat in the Hammersmith End for this one...with the home fans. It's a strange thing sitting with the home fans in that you have to keep civil and there is a disconnect happening to the point where it feels like I'm watching them on tv which inevitably makes me more critical. When sitting at Anfield or with home fans in away matches I'm relentlessly positive and never does a negative remark pass my lips and into the open air! But the Fulham fans were very civil and it was a nice comfortable place to be in. And as expected, Craven Cottage is beautiful if a little difficult to view the whole action. It makes you really appreciate the full perspective offered by the new main stand at Anfield and Anfield as a whole.

Trent had a tough game and he may find that with Gomez coming back he'll get his performances kick started. Firmino very sloppy today as well - he's a had a fair few of those this season, maybe too many. Thought Robbo was his usual dependable self. You never have to question where Robbo is - he's always where he should be and his play and work rate with Mane on that left side makes it a glorious outlet for us. I must say I still get a warm/surreal feeling seeing Robbo and VVD playing for us when just a few years ago they were battling it out for their respective teams in the SPL in places like Dingwall, Dundee, Hamilton...places that seem a world away from the excessive luxuries of West London!

Mane continues to be Mane - a pure match winner for us. Surely opposition sides are looking at us and are putting him as the number 1 threat instead of Salah now. His form, when we've really needed it, has been exceptional. No price can be put on his efforts in keeping us fighting fit in Europe and domestically.

And it's nice to come away from a match that features that rarest of happenings - a Virgil blunder! But apart from that he was always on the front foot and the mistake didn't get to him. And the whole team responded well and in the end we deserved it (could anyone complain if we had scored a third?) even if we weren't quite at it today.

Nice review - I’ve been in the home end for away matches twice this season, it is a weird experience.

Firmino was sloppy but I liked his confidence to get on the ball and try make things happen - we would miss it if he wasn’t on the pitch. Just love him
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #405: Mar 17, 2019 07:08:02 pm

And it's nice to come away from a match that features that rarest of happenings - a Virgil blunder! But apart from that he was always on the front foot and the mistake didn't get to him. And the whole team responded well and in the end we deserved it (could anyone complain if we had scored a third?) even if we weren't quite at it today.

Niffty post. One of the decent London clubs. Never been in the Cottage myself. But Yes Mane is a goal scorer.A threat even when he's off blob. Over shadowed by Mo last season but he is going great this season. VVD is so laid back about the whole deal. Wonder if the Boss has to have a go at him, wind him up to get him fired up. On interview VVD looks as if nothing rattles him.

DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #406: Mar 17, 2019 07:09:11 pm
      Horrible game, but lovely scrappy 3 pts, needed to be more clinical when on top for large periods, but we go again, plus points were Mane again stepping up to the plate, Robbo was up and down all game long, and Fab showed his class, Trent was poor, and Mo and Bobby not firing lately.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,381 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #407: Mar 17, 2019 07:16:52 pm
      Yipee, international break, just what everyone wants...
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #408: Mar 17, 2019 07:20:49 pm
      And that is Virgil's "once every five years mistake" out of the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1ysoohV_zA
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #409: Mar 17, 2019 07:28:34 pm
      Average game, sensational result!!! Yes, we're back where we belong
      rossyred

• 9,226 posts | 1650 
      Reply #410: Mar 17, 2019 07:32:23 pm
      Can't knock Trent much.He's learning all the time. Have to remember we don't play with a target man. His crossing is a bit off sometime but he is an outstanding talent that can only get better. Klopp won't say a word of criticism just a gentle nudge this way or that but he knows time is on his side.

He is allowed to have a bad game and be singled out like others . Wasn't just his crossing was his general distribution and switched off a few times as he did against Burnley
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #411: Mar 17, 2019 07:34:29 pm
      That was a crap performance from us to be honest. But I’m glad we found a way to scrap for 3 ponts. Don’t want to be overly negative, but I hope we start taking these lesser teams more seriously.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #412: Mar 17, 2019 07:38:35 pm
      That was a crap performance from us to be honest. But I’m glad we found a way to scrap for 3 ponts. Don’t want to be overly negative, but I hope we start taking these lesser teams more seriously.

When I see our record for this season against these so called 'lesser teams' I'm fairly convinced that we are taking them seriously.
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #413: Mar 17, 2019 07:39:03 pm
      Suppose it was never going to be a walk in the park. We are an edge of the seat team. On the brink week in week out. The coal face...those of a nervous disposition make your way to the exit. The nerves will be stretched right to the wire.

Quick Reply