Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Fulham?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (4.3%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (0.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      10 (8.7%)
       Fabinho
      5 (4.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      4 (3.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      72 (62.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (1.7%)
      James Milner
      7 (6.1%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      4 (3.5%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: Mar 21, 2019 04:05:37 pm

Fulham 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24984 times
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Re: Fulham 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Mar 18, 2019 03:22:18 am
      Was on the match yesterday; Win ugly is an understatement., but win we did.Strange place that there London. Had a great time though. YNWA
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #438: Mar 18, 2019 03:22:56 am
      We may have been ā€œluckyā€ (I think we deserved the win), but teams that win things get the luck sometimes. City have been lucky a few times recently.  All we can do now is win our games and what happens happens - we all know that in any other year we are running away with it.

Sadio on fire at the moment, I think he is benefiting from the extra attention amp is getting. The good thing is that oppositions canā€™t double up on all of them.

Canā€™t decide if I am happy for the break or not.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #439: Mar 18, 2019 04:11:31 am
      Canā€™t decide if I am happy for the break or not.

As soon as JĆ¼rgen said Ox, Gomez and Hendo were back after the break I was happy. Those are some huge inclusions. Hopefully add Naby to the list, too.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #440: Mar 18, 2019 04:54:40 am
      We won an Ugly game. get the f**k in lads.

3 points is all that matters.

Just hope Fulham try to play the same way they did against us but even deeper, against those Citeh cu*ts.

Loved Milner and VVD's post match comments with Milner saying the Boss told him to get on the pitch and steady us down. First thing he does was slice the ball that led to their goal.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: (i know it wouldn't have been funny if we dropped 2 points but we didn't, so that made me laugh).  Lucky he he took the Pen and smashed it in, was hoping Mo wasn't going to take it.

Top of The League Babies, where we f**king belong!!!

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #441: Mar 18, 2019 07:13:53 am
      Was on the match yesterday; Win ugly is an understatement., but win we did.Strange place that there London. Had a great time though. YNWA

Strange? Fulham is a beautiful part of the city on the Thames.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #442: Mar 18, 2019 07:16:54 am
      We won an Ugly game. get the f**k in lads.

3 points is all that matters.

Just hope Fulham try to play the same way they did against us but even deeper, against those Citeh cu*ts.

Loved Milner and VVD's post match comments with Milner saying the Boss told him to get on the pitch and steady us down. First thing he does was slice the ball that led to their goal.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: (i know it wouldn't have been funny if we dropped 2 points but we didn't, so that made me laugh).  Lucky he he took the Pen and smashed it in, was hoping Mo wasn't going to take it.

Top of The League Babies, where we f**king belong!!!

Mate I was so happy to see Milner step up too, you just know for a fact Salah would try the side foot curler and keeper save it.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #443: Mar 18, 2019 08:28:31 am
      Need to show the urgency in our remaining games like we did when they equalised.

Great to get the win but my nerves were shred!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #444: Mar 18, 2019 08:32:19 am
      Mate I was so happy to see Milner step up too, you just know for a fact Salah would try the side foot curler and keeper save it.

Spot on mate, was yelling at Salah, don't go near the F***ing ball!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #445: Mar 18, 2019 08:35:00 am
      Spot on mate, was yelling at Salah, don't go near the f**king ball!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Salah needs a tap in to get the ball rolling - itā€™ll come. I think heā€™ll bag another 5 goals before season end.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #446: Mar 18, 2019 08:42:22 am
      Salah needs a tap in to get the ball rolling - itā€™ll come. I think heā€™ll bag another 5 goals before season end.

That's in the Champs League mate  :D , another 10 in the League would also be nice......please God, please God, let both of those happen.
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 351 posts | 21 
      Reply #447: Mar 18, 2019 08:42:53 am
      Sweet Sweet 3 points!

Usually we would draw these, hoping its back to WWWWWWW form for us!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #448: Mar 18, 2019 09:26:37 am

He'll come good against Spurs, hat trick :-)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #449: Mar 18, 2019 09:37:31 am
      Top of the league.
      Ox & Gomez back after the break.
      Enjoy it 😎🍻
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #450: Mar 18, 2019 12:11:57 pm
      hopefully if everyone comes back from International Duty fit we will have a massive squad to pick from.
      I still think yesterday was exactly the right game for us to see if we had enough to find a way to win and we did.
       Like JĆ¼rgen said Burnley,Bayern and Fulham 3 completely different styles to deal with in just one week....BOOM!!!!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #451: Mar 18, 2019 12:46:28 pm
      Just hoping we get back off international duty all fit and healthy. But just as important, we return with some good form. Most of the breaks weve had this season, be it international, CL or just basking in the sun, our following games have been poor. I know we havenā€™t been beaten but we have drawn some winnable games looking quite disjointed. Hope thereā€™s a turnaround this time and we come storming back. Weā€™re due a good storm blasting run, please god let it be now 😬
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #452: Mar 18, 2019 02:37:49 pm
      We don't do things the easy way do we?

Negatives:  Klopp's insistence on keeping Shaqiri on the bench and preferring Origi/Milner, VVD's first "error", unnecessary relinquishing of a clean sheet, Salah's goal scoring draught

Positives:  Mane's on fire, still created chances and controlled the game, some wonderful attacking play from the full backs including sweeping cross-field balls, Fabinho continues to boss...oh and we won  :)

Nervy and edgy, but put into perspective, 3 games in a week, 3 wins, back on top of the table and we seem to be over the blip. Not complaining much, massive congrats to the lads, march on reds.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #453: Mar 18, 2019 04:19:01 pm
      Mane didn't dive he was dragged back..not massive contact..but still fouled Mane. He's pulled at Mane..

In the pen area a definite offence.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #454: Mar 18, 2019 05:29:14 pm
      Think VVD was asked in the interview after the game [he was great in it, he doesn't get led to say anything he doesn't want] if he was relieved and he kinda deflected it and said these things happen and they won so that's what matters.
      I was deffo relieved :)
      Thought we should've been more than 1 up when Fulham scored, and then for us to concede that way - Milner slice, VVD short header back, and Alisson dodging a collision [thought was poor from the keeper] - and then for Babel to be the one who scored, was starting to feel it might not be our day, and what that meant for the title.

But we're made of stronger stuff and kept going and got the break and Milner kept his nerve and put it away. Deservedly got the win, but again we showed great character, after shooting ourselves in the foot, to come back and do the job. Sure it was a close call, but we're at the business end now, and though of course a good performance would be great, 3 points is what matters.

Thought Bob was quiet, and Mo was poor with heavy passes, taking wrong options, shooting instead of passing etc. He's still getting on the ball though and making things happen, but he's fighting with his form.
      Mane was my MOTM, took his goal well, pace and sharpness a constant threat, he's keeping us in the race at the moment.
      Don't blame VVD for the goal, thought Alisson bottled it, should've come out and claimed that ball and took a hit for the team if needed.

Robbo did well, but TAA was mixed, some poor crosses, almost had too much time. Again, we did enough in the middle without being very good, with Fab again the pick imho. Even with Lallana, were missing a bit of go forward/creativity from there.

MASSIVE three points, but they all are now. We need to keep winning until we are ahead of Citeh.  And then keep winning to stay ahead :)  Don't care if it's pretty, just get the 3 points. Nobody will give two shits about scrappy wins when holding a trophy.

JĆ¼rgen doing brilliant to keep the momentum in both PL and CL.
      Keep her goin lads!!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #455: Mar 18, 2019 05:30:49 pm
      OK we were glad to see him go but Respect to Babel.
      He deliberately downplayed the goal celebration.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #456: Mar 18, 2019 05:32:52 pm
      I can't think of many down to the wire title races where the teams fighting for the title simply went out and blew the lesser teams away with free flowing attractive football. The vast majority of games tend to be squeaky bum affairs built around solid defence and the odd goal here and there. City have recently won a few tight games 1-0 with some lucky decisions going there way. They haven't really walloped many sides in the league.

I'm expecting plenty more games like the one we saw yesterday over the next 7.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #457: Mar 18, 2019 07:48:33 pm
      We don't do things the easy way do we?

Negatives:  Klopp's insistence on keeping Shaqiri on the bench and preferring Origi/Milner, VVD's first "error", unnecessary relinquishing of a clean sheet, Salah's goal scoring draught

Positives:  Mane's on fire, still created chances and controlled the game, some wonderful attacking play from the full backs including sweeping cross-field balls, Fabinho continues to boss...oh and we won  :)

Nervy and edgy, but put into perspective, 3 games in a week, 3 wins, back on top of the table and we seem to be over the blip. Not complaining much, massive congrats to the lads, march on reds.

If Shaqiri isn't perceived to be doing a good enough job in training (as some have speculated) then why should he play him?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #458: Mar 18, 2019 08:53:47 pm
      If Shaqiri isn't perceived to be doing a good enough job in training (as some have speculated) then why should he play him?

Exactly - I trust Klopp implicitly about this. Origi and Lallana are showing more, simple as that
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #459: Mar 18, 2019 10:11:01 pm

We know he has history re effort but thought he had left that behind.
      Maybe... maybe not.

Quick Reply