Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Liverpool v Spurs : Sunday 31st March : 16.30

Read 11095 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v Spurs : Sunday 31st March : 16.30
      Reply #23: Mar 28, 2019 01:15:35 pm
      Tough game!

I really think to win the league we will probably have to win every game now. With that in mind, it's must win.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24: Mar 28, 2019 02:15:39 pm

is he the +1 in midfield
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25: Mar 28, 2019 02:18:01 pm
      Milner, Hendo and Gini? I hope not. Got to have Fabinho in there.

this is Jurgens go to in big games although we must be at a point now were we have to go for it and attack every game as if its our last
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #26: Mar 28, 2019 02:28:01 pm
      The Brazil lads were playing in Europe, they had no further to travel than any one else on this occasion, I believe it was Mane that was the only one to leave Europe this time and would have been last back.

Yea I know, but they are still last back, was on LFCTV news yesterday.

Im just trying to think like klopp, hes always about players being 100%.

We shall see soon enough. ;-)

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #27: Mar 28, 2019 02:29:53 pm
      this is Jurgens go to in big games although we must be at a point now were we have to go for it and attack every game as if its our last

Spuds will leave plenty of space for our front 3 to cause them all sorts of problems, unlike when we play teams who sit deep, so the more creative MF player is needed, so maybe for spuds a more workmanlike MF is the way Klopp will go. ?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28: Mar 28, 2019 04:08:09 pm
      Like every game now, anything but a win could finish our season.

Donā€™t care how it happens, just get the 3 points.

Is right.

Can't drop any points .... would then become very difficult.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #29: Mar 28, 2019 04:24:57 pm
      It all depends who is freshest \ fittest after the int. break.

Fab could start, but the Brazil lads are the last ones to come back to the club, but Fab never played much the other night, so he could be fresher than the others.

Im good with whoever starts.

No sorry but that is not the only factor, the trio of Milner, Hendo and Gini always have been negative, they should only ever be used in ultra tight games. In a game like this which we have to win we need to carry a real attack at Spurs and a big part of that is to have a threat coming through midfield.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30: Mar 28, 2019 04:43:53 pm
      No sorry but that is not the only factor, the trio of Milner, Hendo and Gini always have been negative, they should only ever be used in ultra tight games. In a game like this which we have to win we need to carry a real attack at Spurs and a big part of that is to have a threat coming through midfield.

The players are not negative, its the tactics given to them by the manager. ;-)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31: Mar 28, 2019 04:46:18 pm
      JĆ¼rgen said "Bringing one player in would change everything? That is bull**** and you all know that. One player doesn't change everything,ā€.
      I am a huge fan of Keita but I don't bang on about him playing because I accept JĆ¼rgen has his reasons for picking the team he does and sitting on top of the league and in the last 8 of the CL I kind of trust his judgement.
      Team selection will be interesting but the first game back after Internationals is always a bit odd so going for his steady eddies in midfield is a strong possibility. I don't care I just want 11  Redmen giving their all
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #32: Mar 28, 2019 05:38:27 pm
      No sorry but that is not the only factor, the trio of Milner, Hendo and Gini always have been negative, they should only ever be used in ultra tight games.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33: Mar 28, 2019 05:41:44 pm
      I am a huge fan of Keita but I don't bang on about him playing because I accept JĆ¼rgen has his reasons for picking the team he does and sitting on top of the league and in the last 8 of the CL I kind of trust his judgement.

Christ sake what is it with people and saying things like this lately?! It's similar to what some people were saying in the Shaqiri thread over talking about his recent lack of involvement. We all trust Klopp and his decisions but it's almost like some people don't even want there to be a discussion over player involvement and line ups. Not a case of anyone banging on about anything, it's the simple matter of people having an opinion and what they would perhaps like to see, it's in no way saying they don't trust or agree with Klopp and I don't think anyone would say otherwise.

Ultimately, as long as the team wins and the player does the shirt justice, I couldn't give a sh*t who plays and I trust Klopp and his selections 100% but it doesn't mean I won't or can't have an opinion about it and I think that's probably the case for most people right now.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #34: Mar 28, 2019 05:59:49 pm

Those negative 3 have been an integral part of this team to get us where we are in Europe & the PL..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35: Mar 28, 2019 06:27:39 pm
      Christ sake what is it with people and saying things like this lately?! It's similar to what some people were saying in the Shaqiri thread over talking about his recent lack of involvement. We all trust Klopp and his decisions but it's almost like some people don't even want there to be a discussion over player involvement and line ups. Not a case of anyone banging on about anything, it's the simple matter of people having an opinion and what they would perhaps like to see, it's in no way saying they don't trust or agree with Klopp and I don't think anyone would say otherwise.

Ultimately, as long as the team wins and the player does the shirt justice, I couldn't give a sh*t who plays and I trust Klopp and his selections 100% but it doesn't mean I won't or can't have an opinion about it and I think that's probably the case for most people right now.

there isn't a discussion though is there its a constant anti Henderson, Klopp out if he doesn't win something  by the same people there is no discussion NONE! so like the others I will continue to point out we are top of the league and in the last 8 of the CL.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #36: Mar 28, 2019 06:30:25 pm

ā€œIf you are not JĆ¼rgen Klopp or donā€™t agree with all of his decisions, your opinion is invalid.ā€ :mad:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37: Mar 28, 2019 06:41:17 pm
      ā€œIf you are not JĆ¼rgen Klopp or donā€™t agree with all of his decisions, your opinion is invalid.ā€ :mad:

On the other hand, anyone who thinks their opinion is worth more than Klopp's, (as I've seen stated more than a few times), is either completely deluded or just a wum.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #38: Mar 28, 2019 07:28:43 pm
      On the other hand, anyone who thinks their opinion is worth more than Klopp's, (as I've seen stated more than a few times), is either completely deluded or just a wum.

Anyone here who thinks they could do a better job than Klopp is deluded, definitely. Everyoneā€™s opinion should be valued exactly the same though; Klopp isnā€™t perfect and he can get things wrong and Iā€™m sure heā€™s the first to admit that. Itā€™d be a pretty dull forum if everyone was in agreement, right? Iā€™m a big Klopp fan but thereā€™s no need to be sheep and take his every word like itā€™s gospel.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #39: Mar 28, 2019 07:50:17 pm

Thatā€™s a weird comment
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40: Mar 28, 2019 07:54:20 pm
      there isn't a discussion though is there its a constant anti Henderson, Klopp out if he doesn't win something  by the same people there is no discussion NONE! so like the others I will continue to point out we are top of the league and in the last 8 of the CL.

No, it's not like that though. As it goes I am seeing less and less bashing of Hendo and players in general and I haven't seen anyone I don't think saying Klopp needs to go if he doesn't win anything this season.

No one is saying or giving the impression their opinion is worth more than Klopp's. It's quite ironic you piping up and saying about people being deluded or a WUM when you quite happily throw insults around at people when they don't agree with you, what does that make you?

Ultimately it's a forum, if you don't want to see people have opinions about the team they support or expect people to just hang on to every word Klopp says and assume Klopp can do no wrong and whatever else then don't come on here, simple as that. If there isn't opinions and discussions about things then what's the point in forums... Everyone is fully aware of the position Klopp has led us to, nobody is questioning it and I don't see why some people are using that from a high horse as a reason why people can't have an opinion on anything about the team anymore.

We line up on the weekend with Gini, Hendo and Milner as the midfield or if Lallana is in there somewhere, will I be over the moon about that? Not a chance because IMO Fab needs to be in there and that midfield 3 isn't forward thinking enough. But does that mean I wont have trust in Klopp and the team? Does it f**k because come kick off I support each and everyone of them the same anyway and Klopp has proven time and again what he can get the team to achieve by picking that midfield.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #41: Mar 28, 2019 08:01:32 pm
      Anyone here who thinks they could do a better job than Klopp is deluded, definitely. Everyoneā€™s opinion should be valued exactly the same though; Klopp isnā€™t perfect and he can get things wrong and Iā€™m sure heā€™s the first to admit that. Itā€™d be a pretty dull forum if everyone was in agreement, right? Iā€™m a big Klopp fan but thereā€™s no need to be sheep and take his every word like itā€™s gospel.

No one actually thinks they can do a better job than Klopp (well, maybe Swab does?!), nor do they actually think they can do a better job than Moreno or Migs when disagreeing or criticising. It all stems from Swab who painted this narrative that if you disagree with Klopp, you think you can do better or that you have no right to disagree/criticise because we don't have all the information. He thinks he sits on a pedestal and attacks us for opinions and theories, but ironically, he does the same too. The funny thing is, he is just normal fan like all of us with no inside information or decades of experience in the professional game!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #42: Mar 28, 2019 08:20:37 pm
      F**k Iā€™ve been so bored over the past two weeks - thank F**k proper football is back.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #43: Mar 28, 2019 08:25:02 pm
      F**k Iā€™ve been so bored over the past two weeks - thank f**k proper football is back.

Missed club football so much! Starting off with Hoffenhein vs Leverkusen tomorrow!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #44: Mar 28, 2019 08:42:07 pm
      Missed club football so much! Starting off with Hoffenhein vs Leverkusen tomorrow!

I keep watching our Bayern performance away. Beautiful. I must have watched Maneā€™s first 1000 times.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #45: Mar 28, 2019 09:09:34 pm
      Tough game of course. They were the best side to come to Anfield last year, long time since we were outplayed like we were in that second half. They still needed a dodgy pen to get a point though so in that sense I'd say we owe them one at Anfield.

Alisson; TAA, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Gini, Milner; Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Quick Reply