Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Scott Carson (Aston Villa)

Read 3717 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Scott Carson (Aston Villa)
      Nov 16, 2007 12:26:40 pm
      On a season's long loan deal but increasingly looking like moving to Villa.

Will the deal be done in the January window?

It looks like Benitez is happy for him to leave, but wants around £10 million.

"You can understand that he wants to play. He knows Pepe Reina is top class and that it will be difficult for him to play here.

"Scott is a good professional and a nice boy. This is a crucial time in his career and he needs to play. At the moment we are concentrating on our own team and our own competitions, but Villa can decide if they want to keep the player.

"At the moment we have Pepe, Charles Itandje and David Martin as goalkeepers so we can manage the situation okay."

Watch this space - my inkling is that he will go in January. The reds should invite Villa to start talking or start touting him around some of the other big European clubs - let's have an auction on one of our players for a change.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Re: Scott Carson (Aston Villa)
      Reply #1: Nov 16, 2007 12:55:26 pm
      Starts for England tonight...probably get injured ::)
      ferrariboy21
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      • redhalfofmerseyside
      Reply #2: Nov 16, 2007 06:49:45 pm
      Mixed feelings for this. I've always wanted him to stay at Liverpool, maybe the future number 1. But highly unlikely. On the other hand, I'm happy that he could get more games under his belt and challenge for England's number 1 spot. I can understand his decision, especially with Euro08 and WC2010 coming soon. In addition, £10 million is a good deal, considering we bought him for £2 million i think?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3: Nov 17, 2007 09:57:56 am
      10 million is brilliant for a keeper. Cech was bought for 7 million by Chelsea and he is IMO the best keeper in the world so a nice bit business. Should try get other clubs interested and try jack it up abit. Could prove to be very handy in securing a couple extra million.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Nov 17, 2007 10:12:07 am
      . Cech was bought for 7 million by Chelsea and he is IMO the best keeper in the world so a nice bit business.

What better than Reina?? ???
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #5: Nov 17, 2007 12:26:49 pm
      Umm...yeah, pretty obviously. Cech and Buffon are hands about everyone else.

Its good business; bought him for less than a million....its all good.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #6: Nov 17, 2007 04:12:14 pm

Maybe to you mate, but not to everyone else. Personally I agree with what Carra recently said, Pepe, Cech & Buffon are the best in the world & for me there's no separating them.
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #7: Nov 17, 2007 06:28:37 pm
      Maybe to you mate, but not to everyone else. Personally I agree with what Carra recently said, Pepe, Cech & Buffon are the best in the world & for me there's no separating them.

i agree although casillas should be on that list too.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #8: Nov 19, 2007 02:29:58 am
      Cech is the best keeper in the world and any one in football would say it no matter who they are or who they support. My point being if he is worth 7 million then 10 million for Carson is as good a deal can get for a keeper. Everyone will be happy, especially Scott.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #9: Nov 19, 2007 05:21:29 pm
      I'd hate to see him go. If he stays on loan to whoever he wil get first team football as he's certainly quality. On that arrangement we could keep him long term when he will develop into one of the top three keepers in europe if not the world. He'll be happy playing regularly and we get to keep a top keeper for the future.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #10: Nov 19, 2007 07:32:09 pm
      Buy back clause?

One possible solution, I think it's become clear he wants to move somewhere permanently rather than being shipped out on loan.
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #11: Nov 20, 2007 08:28:57 am
      Buy back clause?

One possible solution, I think it's become clear he wants to move somewhere permanently rather than being shipped out on loan.

either that or have the "first option" on him in case Pepe ever wants to move back to spain (not likely but you never know...)
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #12: Nov 20, 2007 06:21:06 pm

I second that Eddie!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #13: Nov 21, 2007 08:36:35 pm
      Putting in  a good performance tonight - no doubt putting another few million on his price for us.

Not.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #14: Nov 21, 2007 10:26:22 pm
      Putting in  a good performance tonight - no doubt putting another few million on his price for us.

Not.

The three goals! The first two were embarrassing. The third was clearly a defensive blunder, but Carson sure likes to stay off his line more often than not. Is he gonna be worth much now?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #15: Nov 21, 2007 10:45:05 pm
      To be honest, I think he was thrown in at the deep end tonight. The only time I can think of him being in a position of such importance was against Juventus in the Champions League. But this was a different kettle of fish. The 'whole' country was watching in a make or break game and any tiny mistake would go down in history. And so it has....
      His bottle had gone in the first half after that blunder and it showed.

Still a decent keeper and I don't think Villa will be put off by his performance tonight in the first half. Will be interesting to see how he plays in the league after tonight though. Hope he gets it out of his system for his sake and ours!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #16: Nov 21, 2007 11:10:45 pm
      Even though, he will take blame for the goals and especially the first one which was a catastrophic mistake, his positioning was totally wrong. And after which he was under serious pressure, but still the defense were very very poor.  And the future manager has to take that into account when making a decision on him. 
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #17: Dec 04, 2007 07:29:36 pm
      If Carson Leaves Then it Is Cash In The Pocket For Us.
      If He Dosent Stay At Villa And Comes Back Here Will Get No Games As Reina Is Still On Amazing Form.
      Carson Should See Sense And Stay At Villa But Sign A Permanent Deal As It Is The Best For Him Plus 10 Million For Us To Spend On New Signings
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #18: Dec 05, 2007 12:58:53 am
      If He Dosent Stay At Villa And Comes Back Here Will Get No Games As Reina Is Still On Amazing Form.

I disagree. He hasnt even done anything except stand there the past few. He him self has said its easy as he does nothing and its all thanks to the defence. But the man is a great keeper and one of the best in the world. He is going in January,both parties said so.

Close thread?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #19: Dec 05, 2007 09:41:05 am
      Actually mate, doesn't look like he's going anywhere in January, and that things haven't been tied up for a permanent deal in the summer either.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #20: Dec 05, 2007 11:43:19 am
      'Villa can decide if they want to keep the player'

From what I've heard/read, they want to keep him and we are happy to sell. Hope so otherwise its money going to waste and his value dropping.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #21: Dec 05, 2007 11:51:26 am
      Well Martin O'Neill's come out & said that nothing's been agreed, can't post a link cos I'm on my phone, but it was on Sky Sports. What he also said, which seemed a bit naive to me, was that we could basically name our price.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #22: Dec 06, 2007 03:20:55 am
      What he also said, which seemed a bit naive to me, was that we could basically name our price.

Do you think Rafa will take advantage of it? Maybe try and get 12 or even higher?
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #23: Dec 09, 2007 08:31:28 pm
      As long as noone plays him against Kranjcar, I think everyone will be just fine

Quick Reply