Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (3.8%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      60 (45.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      57 (43.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (3%)
       Fabinho
      3 (2.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Voting closed: Apr 04, 2019 06:23:34 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30399 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Mar 31, 2019 07:06:06 pm
      post international break perfect result thankyou goodnight see you on friday
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #484: Mar 31, 2019 07:06:07 pm
      So just because Spurs had a poor run recently they are suddenly a sh*t team?

Dope.
      Your the F***ing dope we made them. Look good cos we were awful second half. Your a muppet. 3 points is all that matters but we need a huge improvement from today's performance.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #485: Mar 31, 2019 07:07:00 pm
      I said a couple of days ago that I don't care how we win, just so long as we win and yes they out played us for most parts of the game. Huge differences between the teams though, they are playing under the pressure of getting a top 4 finish, we are playing under the pressure of ending a 29 year title drought.

No denying it though, it was the midfield that was costing us today, they just weren't at the races and I think I heard a stat in the game that in the last 12 games that we have started with Hendo and Milly, we have gotten something like 5 points (before today)...whether that's right or not I don't know.

Fabinho instantly showed why he should have started, his first touch was a forward pass over the top to try and get someone in, he was winning tackle after tackle, he was winning it in the air and generally took control of the midfield. Maybe the tried and tested is no longer the most practical go to option in the league.

Massive 3 points and if you want to win the league, you really have to grind out the 3 points sometimes and that is exactly what we've shown we are capable of. Last season we had Karius with a howler in the final, it was quite satisfying seeing a keeper that is as overrated and bigged up as much as Lloris mess up so badly.

On to Friday.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #486: Mar 31, 2019 07:08:21 pm
      Your the f**king dope we made them. Look good cos we were awful second half. Your a muppet. 3 points is all that matters but we need a huge improvement from today's performance.

you are the muppet all that matter is 3 points nothing else we don't need any improvement as long as we win and get 3 points nothing else matters
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #487: Mar 31, 2019 07:09:04 pm
      Those last 20 minutes were just too intense to watch. When that ball went in, well you all know how that felt.

My MOTM is VVD. Immense. The crowd was out of this world today. What support! My favorite moment of it tho, was when the camera zoomed in on King Kenny and he had the biggest grin on his face. Bliss.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #488: Mar 31, 2019 07:09:13 pm
      gone for Virgil MOTM he is just so impressive in everything he does
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #489: Mar 31, 2019 07:10:00 pm
      Those last 20 minutes were just too intense to watch. When that ball went in, well you all know how that felt.

My MOTM is VVD. Immense. The crowd was out of this world today. What support! My favorite moment of it tho, was when the camera zoomed in on King Kenny and he had the biggest grin on his face. Bliss.

any time we see Kenny smile is always a good thing
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #490: Mar 31, 2019 07:11:03 pm
      It wasn't a "let off".
      It's football, this sh*t happens all the time.
      They didn't score enough goals to win, we did.
      That's all the record books will show.

God knows it's happened to us often enough over the years.

Oh get stuffed. We where 1-1 until the final minute. We could have been 1-2. That is by any definition a 'let off'. Idiot.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1423 
      Reply #491: Mar 31, 2019 07:11:14 pm
      We got a bit to high in the second half that gave them a bit of space when we lost possession and they blew a few good opportunities . We just about deserved it but only by a small margin. The side looks like it lacks a little bit of self believe. Player know when it isn't working as well as it can and we need a thumping good win to get back on track.

If we don't it will not happen..period.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #492: Mar 31, 2019 07:11:37 pm
      First and foremost, 3 massive points on the board but can we please stop taking games down to the wire as my heart won’t be able to last until the end of the season! ;D

Spurs were excellent today and their tactics were spot on, other than a 10 minute spell in the first half, they limited our chances and cut off our creative lines whilst still having an attacking threat with Lucas and co. I was crying out for us to change something at 60 minutes as it seemed inevitable that they would get a goal as our midfield were being completely overrun. Klopp’s subs were reactive rather than proactive which is the criticism I have for him, the changes he made should have been earlier as Fab and Origi’s introduction completely changed the game in our favour (particularly the change to 4-2-3-1 which gave Spurs something different to deal with).

Salah could be labelled as greedy at times in this game as he had a few opportunities to pass when we were through and he wasted the chances with a shot - which did piss me off quite a bit.

Fabhino was awesome when he came on and we suddenly started to have creativity from the middle of the pitch and he broke up everything.

Robertson deserves heaps of praise once again. Superb going forward and had a vital block to come to Alisson’s rescue.

VVD is the only defender in the Prem who can do what he done against Sissokho and Son in that second half, stayed up on his feet and cut off Sissokho from passing to Son for a definite goal and forced him onto his weak foot; world class defending.

Alisson really needs to sort his sh*t out, great shot stopper but f**k he scares me with the ball at his feet.

F**k IT THOUGH, top of the league, over to you City :kop5cf8koxp6:
      « Last Edit: Mar 31, 2019 07:17:32 pm by LMW »
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 320 posts | 81 
      Reply #493: Mar 31, 2019 07:12:48 pm
      3 points despite being outplayed.......works for me.

My only peeve.......once again....2 on 1 break away........Salah with the ball, Mane in the clear and on side to his left.....passing to the open teammate seems to never be a consideration this season.
      Personal ambition too often limit goals
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #494: Mar 31, 2019 07:13:02 pm
      Were we lucky?

Were City lucky to beat Swansea City in the FA Cup with an Aguero offside headed goal - and a dodgy pen?

All we can do is pick up 3 points at this stage.
      Yes we were lucky. City were lucky against Swansea and West Ham. I’m ecstatic we won but the performances have to improve because luck will run out
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #495: Mar 31, 2019 07:13:05 pm
      Oh get stuffed. We where 1-1 until the final minute. We could have been 1-2. That is by any definition a 'let off'. Idiot.

complete bollox how many times over DECADES have we scored in the last minute at Anfield the game goes until the final whistle and we did enough to win and we did
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #496: Mar 31, 2019 07:14:38 pm
      can I just point out we are 18 points ahead of wonderful SPURS
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #497: Mar 31, 2019 07:15:39 pm
      Great win and ultimately a great reaction to losing the lead.

Helluva team this bunch of lads you know.

PS: Andy Robertson today was the very definition of a modern fullback.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #498: Mar 31, 2019 07:16:11 pm

:laugh:

it's called football fella.

I've seen it happen for us and against us so many times over the years.

It's OK though, you carry on with your whinging, I'll carry on celebrating.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #499: Mar 31, 2019 07:17:08 pm
      Virgil MOTM,  Robbo next best ,I would start wi Fab ,and as Souness said , get a Billy Big Baws attitude easier said than done granted,great 3 points so a big slap on the back to all concerned .Hope Virgil's OK looked like he hurt himself late on .

YNWA  :ernaehrung004:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #500: Mar 31, 2019 07:17:42 pm

both him and Trent are our creators or tormentors . It was gutsy and possibly defining too
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #501: Mar 31, 2019 07:18:39 pm
      Loved that it’s what winning titles are all about , nerves and drama , fantastic crowd today
      For me Fabhino has to be in every starting line up till seasons end , midfield was our biggest weakness today it changed when he came on
      But moment of the match for me is WD defending that ball late on , that there was our title challenge sinking , masterfulll piece of defending
      Come on you Redmen ,
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #502: Mar 31, 2019 07:18:52 pm

Not often I agree with Jack Charlton, but he F***ing nailed it about how fullbacks would become such important attacking players, nearly 30 years ago.

Robertson has been immense this season, and is seemingly made of granite.
      When you look at some of the hits he takes, it's amazing he's not injured more, but he has a knack of riding the hits as well.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #503: Mar 31, 2019 07:19:37 pm
      Great win, not a great performance but like i said for the Fulham game who gives a sh*t as long as we keep winning.

To all the fans worried about our performance in the second half, i hear you, BUT what is the F***ing point in thinking about the negatives all we need is those beautiful 3 points, as long as we keep winning, i don't give two shits about our performances. Let City perform outstandingly and slip up, while we consistently turn in hit and miss performances but keep winning.

Van Dijk as always was immense, Klopp reacted very well to us going a goal down, Salah kept trying and was rewarded accordingly.

We can do this redmen, we can F***ing do this!!
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,057 posts | 546 
      Reply #504: Mar 31, 2019 07:25:40 pm
      Great result, keeps us right in the mix. But hopefully it's still possible to talk about the performance. (Don't like this thing were you're not allowed to say anything critical about the performance after a win.)

We were lucky today, let's be honest about that. Round about the half hour mark we started giving it away a lot (Alisson started us off with some weird mistakes, and it spread from there), and we were pretty poor all second half. Fabinho helped when he came on, ditto Origi. I really hope Jürgen cuts down on the games where that midfield 3 start. Fair enough eg away in Europe, when we want to play on the counter, but at home it is just a bit too conservative.

MOTM was VVD for me. Thought Gini, Robbo played well too. Hopefully that goal gives Mo a boost, cos we could really do with him hitting form. (He also needs to pass to Sadio when he's in the better position.)

Anyway, great result. You need a bit of luck in a tight title race, and I will happily take it. But let's play better than that over the rest of the run in.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1423 
      Reply #505: Mar 31, 2019 07:26:59 pm
      I'd like to see Salah switch over to the left on the odd occasion. Think Robbo's running could work well with Salah. He does switch and drift but hardly ever in the first half of games.

Mane has drifted inside as well. Robbo is a great running wing back and to max it out, I'd like to see more support. It's working well because Robbo is very effective and could work even better with more options going forward.

Quick Reply