Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (3.8%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      60 (45.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      57 (43.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (3%)
       Fabinho
      3 (2.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Voting closed: Apr 04, 2019 06:23:34 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28816 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Apr 01, 2019 03:28:08 pm
      Well he did look good, think it was a close call not to play Fab.Looking like Klopp has all but abandoned Keita. Such a pity as I was really looking forward to him coming here, thought he could add a bit of extra attacking element to our midfield. Don't where we go from here..

Naby has had too many niggly Injuries, Dont expect to see much of him (best to come next season), as I think Lallana & Wee big shaq are slightly ahead of him now.

But we have a lot of games coming up, esp. around the porto games, so all of the squad will be used.

Also the Ox will be in the mix by the time the porto games come round.

Squad is looking really really strong at just the right time.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #622: Apr 01, 2019 03:29:46 pm
      Well he did look good, think it was a close call not to play Fab.Looking like Klopp has all but abandoned Keita. Such a pity as I was really looking forward to him coming here, thought he could add a bit of extra attacking element to our midfield. Don't where we go from here..

Re Keita I doubt very much Klopp has given up on him rather than players in better form at the moment.

Plenty of players take a season to adjust, just give him time.
      Gerrardsitchyear
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #623: Apr 01, 2019 03:34:07 pm
      But over the past few months it is becoming clear that Klopp is more suited to a Director of Football role. He is clealy better at overseeing policy that day to day football matters. He could even go part-time and that would be a better use of his time.
      Totally disagree.

If anything, it's clear that his strength is coaching and motivating players. He looks like he improves the players he brings in, as well as the ones that were already here.

It's also seems clear to me that the team likes playing for him. What i think he needs is someone on the team to tell him when to change tactics when things aren't working or if the oppo makes a change that blocks our game plan.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #624: Apr 01, 2019 03:37:08 pm
      Totally disagree.

If anything, it's clear that his strength is coaching and motivating players. He looks like he improves the players he brings in, as well as the ones that were already here.

It's also seems clear to me that the team likes playing for him. What i think he needs is someone on the team to tell him when to change tactics when things aren't working or if the oppo makes a change that blocks our game plan.

I think hes on a wind up!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #625: Apr 01, 2019 03:50:15 pm
      Re Keita I doubt very much Klopp has given up on him rather than players in better form at the moment.

Don't think it's that because he was quickly showing signs of becoming our most in form midfielder aside from Fabinho up until he suddenly vanished from the team. IMO it's been related to that recent injury because it doesn't make sense for Klopp to be playing him into form and then when he is really starting to hit form to completely oust him and not use him at all.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #626: Apr 01, 2019 03:54:03 pm

You think it’s an April fool?

🤔

My old man used to say......

“it’s better to say nothing and have everyone think you’re a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it”

Up the top of the league, best ever points total, champs League quarter finalist Director of Football ;)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #627: Apr 01, 2019 04:01:54 pm
      What a win, and what a way to do it :)

Keep our head held high!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #628: Apr 01, 2019 04:16:46 pm
      He wont actually do that, hes said he could play his u23s, u21s and wouldn't make any difference because hes playing aainst refs and linos, its a dig at corrupt FA as he sees it.

I've got a funny feeling Cardiff could actually get a result against Citeh, I think the refs will be more lenient than normal towards them, plus the players and coaching staff will be fired up and still angry after Sunday. I know Chelsea are a bit sh*t but Cardiff actually played pretty well in that game.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #629: Apr 01, 2019 04:27:10 pm
      I've got a funny feeling Cardiff could actually get a result against Citeh, I think the refs will be more lenient than normal towards them, plus the players and coaching staff will be fired up and still angry after Sunday. I know Chelsea are a bit sh*t but Cardiff actually played pretty well in that game.
      Wise up man. Cardiff will get hammered at Eithad ffs. We face a far tougher game v saints Friday night under lights the atmosphere will be pulsing and there playing well now and they have no love for lpool after the van dijk saga. I be delighted come Friday night at 10 if we were two points clear again. I just hope salah scores soon as his confidence will rise and think he go on another run. Just needs first goal and Allison any back passes stop trying to play around with. Nearly caught out again yesterday.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #630: Apr 01, 2019 04:31:48 pm

Can't see it meself. Warnock has mentally threw the towel in. Is he basically a half decent Championship manager.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #631: Apr 01, 2019 04:34:43 pm
      Agree with much of this but just to say I understand bringing Lovren on with just a couple of minutes of injury time remaining and a one goal lead. Having another player who can win a ball in the air for any last gasp attack makes sense in that situation.
      Yeah I kind of see point in regards to Lovren, and in fairness we still had three attackers on the field with the withdrawal of Salah, but it irks me as in the past Klopp has reduced us to two or less attacking players and the momentum has shifted in favor of the team we had on the ropes to giving them attacking control causing us to ship a late goal and lose points...

Another midfielder maybe, or even using that, or another defender to play out the remainder of the game in midfield leaving us with some control and ability to still hit them on the break
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #632: Apr 01, 2019 04:38:02 pm
      To be fair, i was going to come in here and have a rant but having read the last 8 or so pages since the final whistle went, no need to do that.

I'm just gonna go with GET THE F**k INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Edit: Crouchie, your post about wanting VVD to hold you so you feel safe, is my post of the Year!!!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re:- That post by Crouchie... I was lost for words, and anyone who knows me will tell you that I am never lost for words
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #633: Apr 01, 2019 04:41:27 pm
      I agree, I shouldn’t have got so wound up yesterday and started lobbing insults your way. Genuinely sorry and was way out of line to start saying miserable c**t etc. It caused the thread to derail a little. We’re all wanting the same thing in the end it’s it’s just a football forum at the end of the day. Again, apologies.
      Respect for that, takes a man to own his mistakes, gone up a few notches in my books... Some here could learn from you
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #634: Apr 01, 2019 04:43:15 pm
      City will improve their already superior goal difference by 3-6.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #635: Apr 01, 2019 04:43:32 pm
      now you are just making me feel a tad uncomfortable  ;D
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #636: Apr 01, 2019 04:49:50 pm
      But over the past few months it is becoming clear that Klopp is more suited to a Director of Football role. He is clealy better at overseeing policy that day to day football matters. He could even go part-time and that would be a better use of his time.

I thought different mate. Klopp is perfect coach who exceptional work with players, develop youngsters, motivate his players and the world. BUT he seem need a Director of Football who at least co-working with/overseeing the recruitment for him. Someone who maybe own a PS4 who know how to do to maintain the 7 points lead to one of the greatest coach and biggest money spent team in EPL history, and the January transfer window coming with our key players injure a lot. Help him rid of absolutely useless players as Klopp himself seem bond too much to players he work with and struggle to to rid them when need.       
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #637: Apr 01, 2019 04:49:52 pm
      Are you saying that Spurs are better than us then??
      I my opinion they are not but Spurs changed their formation, mid game and as usual Klopp did not react until after they had scored, it is my one big gripe against Jürgen, oh and his go to midfield of Hendo, Gini and Milner despite Fabinho being a much better midfielder.
      I have been one of the biggest critics of Henderson and Milner playing together in mid-field, it does not seem to be the best combination, they seem quite poor together, and that maybe is the point I have missed. Maybe they play better when not playing together, maybe they are better than i think they are, but maybe the problem is when both are on the pitch playing midfield at the same time
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2019 07:24:47 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #638: Apr 01, 2019 04:52:04 pm
      Here's some of our lot for the NBC prem league live thing down at Fenway.Still surprises me how many fans we get.I watched at home!
      https://twitter.com/i/status/1112428305485979648
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #639: Apr 01, 2019 05:01:58 pm
      Still feeling boss about the game and proper buzzing for the next game against Southampton - the players must be feeling a buzz after that too! No better feeling than a last minute win, let's keep it going. Allez Allez Allez, we go again.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #640: Apr 01, 2019 05:43:13 pm
      My f***in jaw is aching, not because someone banjo'd me or anything i just can't stop f***in smiling, i feel like ive jizzed for that first time, that feeling you get in those seconds after,
      I dunno but i sort of feel that that win was a pivotal moment, 
      Maybe it was the final shred of belief that our players got, and now totally believe they can actually go on and be champions, removing any doubt they perhaps had deep down,
      What I'd love to see now is going to St Mary's on Friday and handing out a f***in battering by 4 or 5 nil, like the shackles coming off,
      Mo bagging a hat trick, Mane & Bobby scoring too,

These last 6 games i can see us with max points, ppl keep saying they don't see City losing, but i do, they for me have a slightly tougher run in, Palace,  Mancs & Spuds being the potential banana skins for them, whereas we only have Chavs who could realistically be ours,
      Fixture congestion and fatigue will imo play a vital role, Pep has been whinging already about the dates of his remaining fixtures,  that is telling in itself,  he is very worried indeed, so we need to keep ramping on the pressure,  a pressure City have not had to deal with in a title chase this close ??

Get the F**k in Redmen!!

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #641: Apr 01, 2019 05:51:51 pm
      City will improve their already superior goal difference by 3-6.

Probably but you never know, I just feel there is a F**k up coming their way.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #642: Apr 01, 2019 06:55:08 pm
      Yeah I kind of see point in regards to Lovren, and in fairness we still had three attackers on the field with the withdrawal of Salah, but it irks me as in the past Klopp has reduced us to two or less attacking players and the momentum has shifted in favor of the team we had on the ropes to giving them attacking control causing us to ship a late goal and lose points...

Another midfielder maybe, or even using that, or another defender to play out the remainder of the game in midfield leaving us with some control and ability to still hit them on the break

Lovers came on in the 92nd minute. Was ore than happy to see another defender come in to help defend a late set piece (which they did win) where the ball could be tossed into the box for Kane or Llorente to win something
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #643: Apr 01, 2019 06:55:41 pm
      Probably but you never know, I just feel there is a f**k up coming their way.

They've lost 4 games (Chelsea away, Palace home, Leicester away and Newcastle away). Interestingly, 3 of them 4 defeats came within 4 games in about two and a half weeks, after 15 games before that which saw them drop just 4 points. If a f**k up does go their way, then they could quite easily suffer another spell of bad results in a short space of time. IMO it's pretty much certain they will beat at least one of either United or Spurs...probably both so for me, if they are going to slip up I get the feeling it will be away to Palace. The fact that blert Warnock has already joked about trying to keep the score down to 10 or 11-0 against them just shows you they are already approaching the game with the mindset of getting beaten so when we play Saints, we won't be going into that game top of the league.

Quick Reply