Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (3.8%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      60 (45.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      57 (43.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (3%)
       Fabinho
      3 (2.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Voting closed: Apr 04, 2019 06:23:34 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28828 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Apr 01, 2019 07:27:14 pm
      Lovers came on in the 92nd minute. Was ore than happy to see another defender come in to help defend a late set piece (which they did win) where the ball could be tossed into the box for Kane or Llorente to win something
      I know, and you are right, but it still irks me,previous games and all  ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #645: Apr 01, 2019 07:50:54 pm
      They've lost 4 games (Chelsea away, Palace home, Leicester away and Newcastle away). Interestingly, 3 of them 4 defeats came within 4 games in about two and a half weeks, after 15 games before that which saw them drop just 4 points. If a f**k up does go their way, then they could quite easily suffer another spell of bad results in a short space of time. IMO it's pretty much certain they will beat at least one of either United or Spurs...probably both so for me, if they are going to slip up I get the feeling it will be away to Palace. The fact that blert Warnock has already joked about trying to keep the score down to 10 or 11-0 against them just shows you they are already approaching the game with the mindset of getting beaten so when we play Saints, we won't be going into that game top of the league.

I literally can not see where they will drop points. They’re just too good. It’s so F***ing annoying.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #646: Apr 01, 2019 07:54:01 pm
      I literally can not see where they will drop points. They’re just too good. It’s so f**king annoying.

Sooner or later they have to....hopefully later doesn't end up being next season mind. You can see weaknesses there, they have ridden their luck just as much as us at times.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #647: Apr 01, 2019 08:23:02 pm
      I literally can not see where they will drop points. They’re just too good. It’s so f**king annoying.

We are running out of games where they can drop points, but starting with the CL game against Spurs they go into a difficult schedule with 5 games in 15 days where they face them 3x in 4 games and visits to Palace and United. If they come out of that part still on top then tip your hat and try again next season. They'll have deserved it.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #648: Apr 01, 2019 08:43:08 pm
      +15
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Re: Live: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur
      Reply #649: Apr 01, 2019 09:18:27 pm
      What a bottle job from Klopp this season has been. His game management is so terrible
      Hahahahahahahaha
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #650: Apr 01, 2019 09:23:28 pm

That's probably one of the best football photo's I've seen.

His face, his F***ing face  :lmao:

I'm not generally one for schadenfreude but I've been laughing my arse off at this.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #651: Apr 01, 2019 09:24:28 pm
      What a bottle job from Klopp this season has been. His game management is so terrible

Empty vessels make the most noise kidder............that post is like primal scream therapy.

Silence is often the best policy.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2019 09:59:44 pm by Scotia »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #652: Apr 02, 2019 12:37:45 am
      Quote from LondonRed83
      I literally can not see where they will drop points. They’re just too good. It’s so F***ing annoying.

They only have to draw one game, and we're back in pole position.

As well as the tough schedule they have, 3 of their last 4 games are away from home. Not every opponent they face will be as feeble as Fulham and Cardiff. We went into the last two games in 86 needing Everton to slip up. They did. In 1990, we needed Villa to surrender a 3-1 lead in the last 15 minutes, for us to win the title then, against QPR. They did.

It's the run in. The pressure increases. So-called "bankers" can become "banana skins". Soft penalties, sitters missed, slip ups, red cards, own goals in the last minute, anything can happen. It takes 9 months to build a title challenge, but it can be over in 9 seconds flat. Everybody thought we wouldn't win this game with 5 minutes to go, people were leaving the ground, and saying things on message boards. We won and the future looks considerably brighter. That's the emotional rollercoaster of the run in.
      « Last Edit: Apr 02, 2019 12:48:45 am by lfc across the water »
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #653: Apr 02, 2019 02:04:04 am
      Here's some of our lot for the NBC prem league live thing down at Fenway.Still surprises me how many fans we get.I watched at home!
      https://twitter.com/i/status/1112428305485979648

When I moved to St Louis I was shocked by how many people support Liverpool here. You go to a game at 6am and not kidding, there are easily 30-40 people watching the game at the bar.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #654: Apr 02, 2019 08:39:54 am

They have 3 games in 8 days, spuds and the manc derby, thats the obvious place to drop points.

As has been said before, if we can get full points from southampton away and then the cheatski at home, I think its all good for us.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #655: Apr 02, 2019 08:51:11 am
      Probably but you never know, I just feel there is a f**k up coming their way.
      So do I, but it's more likely to be in their tricky spell of matches, Palace, Spurs, Utd, Burnley.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #656: Apr 02, 2019 02:51:03 pm
      Teams simply gave city too mucb respect.  They are vulnerable at the back, if teams continue to pressure their defence, they will concede goals. take the ball deep into their box, that's the way to go, their defence will struggle to cope.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #657: Apr 02, 2019 03:44:09 pm
      So do I, but it's more likely to be in their tricky spell of matches, Palace, Spurs, Utd, Burnley.

And Brendan's Leicester
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #658: Apr 02, 2019 04:03:20 pm
      Getting so nervous for me iv even went back on smokes after 10 years. Sum matches I cant watch lately my heart feels like it guna burst through my chest. I feel nervous n panicky. I'm even just watching odds on odds checker so I know if odds go down a lot lpool must have scored ffs. I don't no what's come over me 😂
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #659: Apr 02, 2019 04:06:23 pm
      Teams simply gave city too mucb respect.  They are vulnerable at the back, if teams continue to pressure their defence, they will concede goals. take the ball deep into their box, that's the way to go, their defence will struggle to cope.
      100 per cent correct. City are coming out seeing teams putting there reserve team out not willing to come out of there half. So there always under little pressure and with the quick interplay there very good at they eventually get through. Do a Swansea come out and attack put your best 11on field and ask them some questions. If you hammered well at least you had a go.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #660: Apr 02, 2019 04:17:43 pm
      I'm hoping rather than expecting city to slip up. Yeah spurs or united could nab a point but they'd need to play well. All we can do is win our games. Like mane said we can't afford any dropped points. Burnley or Cardiff wouldn't stop them if they had two keepers in goals. We need to win it this year as after all our near misses in cup finals and runners up spots  in past league campaigns. I can't bear the thought of sterling n guardiola smirking lifting that trophy in May.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #661: Apr 02, 2019 04:20:14 pm

Putting all together, Palace, Spurs, Utd, Burnley, Brendan's Leicester, Rafa’s Newcastle.

Who’s the first to come out and say “I can’t see them dropping points.”? Say it with gusto! Come on... isn’t it city’s to lose? Tell me they won’t drop a single point. ;D
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #662: Apr 02, 2019 04:29:38 pm
      When I moved to St Louis I was shocked by how many people support Liverpool here. You go to a game at 6am and not kidding, there are easily 30-40 people watching the game at the bar.

Numbers for the weekend total were over 12,500 showed up,over 7,000 for the 2 sunday games. I get it was a special event but it would be good if more folks showed up for regular games at the pubs,i dunno if The Cask and Flagon is even open for the soccer normally,might do now mind!Oh yeah The Revolution got under 11,000 for their game saturday afternoon. I don't watch the WWE but this guy  :action-smiley-035: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1112375296450277376
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #663: Apr 02, 2019 04:31:53 pm
      I think they will drop points; they have a torrid April with some tough fixtures, plus CL and FA cup thrown in: -

Cardiff (h)    03-Apr
      Brighton (n) 06-Apr (FA)
      Spurs (a)      09-Apr (CL)
      Palace (a)      14-Apr
      Spurs (h)      17-Apr (CL)
      Spurs (h)      20-Apr
      Man U (a)      24-Apr
      Burnley (a)   28-Apr

That is a tough, intense schedule with very little rest between matches.  If City get through April unscathed, they deserve everything they get.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #664: Apr 02, 2019 06:40:57 pm
      I think they will drop points; they have a torrid April with some tough fixtures, plus CL and FA cup thrown in: -

Cardiff (h)    03-Apr
      Brighton (n) 06-Apr (FA)
      Spurs (a)      09-Apr (CL)
      Palace (a)      14-Apr
      Spurs (h)      17-Apr (CL)
      Spurs (h)      20-Apr
      Man U (a)      24-Apr
      Burnley (a)   28-Apr

That is a tough, intense schedule with very little rest between matches.  If City get through April unscathed, they deserve everything they get.
      All the games here on in are Big... But 14th could be a make or break game against Chelsea... This game will see if we are is in with a chance of lifting the Title... Think over all City will have too much for Spurs, all rests with what Utd will do
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #665: Apr 03, 2019 08:04:57 am
      Putting all together, Palace, Spurs, Utd, Burnley, Brendan's Leicester, Rafa’s Newcastle.

Who’s the first to come out and say “I can’t see them dropping points.”? Say it with gusto! Come on... isn’t it city’s to lose? Tell me they won’t drop a single point. ;D

This ♤♤♤♤♤♤........

Just wondering if some City fan on 'bluemoon' has posted  a similar quote, if Pep is worried, and he is, then as sure as there's sh*t in a cat their fans will be worried too,
      Just ONE slip, a draw say opens the door that little bit wider for us, a defeat the door is f***in gaping, both kills it for them,
      We just need to make sure we don't drop any at all, Simples!!!!

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #666: Apr 03, 2019 09:56:44 am

Palace still need points to make sure of their safety, old roy would love to help us too. :-)

Spurs chasing top 4, massive game for both.

Then the Manc Derby both needing teh points, the mancs even more now after losing last night.

And then burnley away, always a tricky one, and then as you say Brendan & Rafa can do us a favour.

City will drop points in some of those games,and u know what if they win them all, fair play to them.

As others have said we just need to keep winning too, we cant afford to drop points either.

Quick Reply