Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Pre Match : Southampton v Liverpool : Friday 5th April : 20.00

Read 8294 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Pre Match : Southampton v Liverpool : Friday 5th April : 20.00
      Apr 03, 2019 09:36:16 am
      What a stupid day and time for a game!

This one is not going to be easy with Saints fighting for their lives and it will be a cauldron of boos which is sort of understandable the way we have treated them as a feeder club over the recent years.

All that said their is absolutely no need for the Uber conservative midfield we saw against Spurs, we should be good enough to win by a couple.

Alisson
      TAA
      Matip
      VVD
      Robbo

Fab
      Gini
      Keita/Lallana

Salah
      Mane
      Bobby
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Re: Pre Match : Southampton v Liverpool : Friday 5th April : 20.00
      Reply #1: Apr 03, 2019 10:10:49 am
      I actually like Friday night footy!

Hoping for a more attacking formation:

NB: Team no longer available
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2: Apr 03, 2019 10:40:22 am
      Tricky match, this; back 5 & front 3 pick themselves. 

Agree with OP's team but feel that JK will go with Fab, Gini, Hendo.

Narrow, nervy unconvincing win on the cards again...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #3: Apr 03, 2019 11:03:50 am

I actually like Friday night footy!

From a watching on TV perspective it's fine by me.  For travelling supporters, all the way down to Southampton on a Friday night it is indeed a complete pisstake.

I've got nothing really against a Friday night game but for the love of god these should be between teams no more than 50 miles apart I reckon - not the other end of the country. Same should apply to all Monday night games as well IMO.
      +11
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4: Apr 03, 2019 11:17:46 am

This one is not going to be easy with Saints fighting for their lives and it will be a cauldron of boos which is sort of understandable the way we have treated them as a feeder club over the recent years.

All that said their is absolutely no need for the Uber conservative midfield we saw against Spurs, we should be good enough to win by a couple.

Alisson
      TAA
      Matip
      VVD
      Robbo

Fab
      Gini
      Keita/Lallana

Salah
      Mane
      Bobby

No idea why Southampton should be angry at us, we've swelled their coffers enormously in recent years, we haven't once instructed a player to run down their contract so that we could get the on a free.

As for the game I think we will smash them, I sense a barnstorming game coming up and I think a lot of pressure will have been lifted after the Spurs game.

Klopp needs to take the shackles off a bit, we can't have 6 more nervy games please!
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #5: Apr 03, 2019 11:23:20 am
      From a watching on TV perspective it's fine by me.  For travelling supporters, all the way down to Southampton on a Friday night it is indeed a complete pisstake.

I've got nothing really against a Friday night game but for the love of god these should be between teams no more than 50 miles apart I reckon - not the other end of the country. Same should apply to all Monday night games as well IMO.

True, I was just thinking from the armchair. Here's hoping these or Brighton get relegated to lower the trips to the south coast for our fans next season ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Apr 03, 2019 11:37:46 am

this. Its shocking the way away supporters are treated.

It really could be easily avoided too.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Apr 03, 2019 12:10:59 pm
      Hopefully a midfield of Fab, Gini and Keita. Hopefully we’ve seen the last of a Hendo, Milner and Gini combo.

But, we don’t have all the information Klopp does so no point us guessing  :couch:

Like every game now, don’t care how we do it, just get the 3 points. If that’s with a scrappy win then great, if it’s with a convincing win then great, the outcome is the same regardless of whether it’s convincing or not....mind you, convincing win might be a bit better for the heart.

Not a fan of Friday night games, make me feel just as nervy as a Monday night game, but that said, at least if we get the win it’s a stress free weekend knowing it’s more pressure back on City.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8: Apr 03, 2019 01:02:59 pm
      Hopefully a midfield of Fab, Gini and Keita. Hopefully we’ve seen the last of a Hendo, Milner and Gini combo.

Agree  KK.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4987 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #9: Apr 03, 2019 01:14:46 pm
      Back 5, usual suspects, Front 3, usual suspects and a midfield trio of Fabinho Wijnaldom and Lallana to weld it altogether ,

Three points is all that matters,  don't care if its a scrappy ,ugly boring F**k up of a game, and a winning goal that rebounds off Bobby's bellend , just Get those points and ramp the pressure on Peppy & his wee Piggies  !!!

0-3 Champions Elect

YNWA
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,223 posts | 1387 
      Reply #10: Apr 03, 2019 03:39:42 pm
      Love it when it comes down to the wire in these closing games. It's win or bust. No room for any lack of urgency. Teams fight like cats and dogs to get to this position so we should relish these games. Hire wire act, drama at it's best footie wise.

We will not be found wanting regarding courage. I expect a top performance and all things being equal we are better than Southampton F.C.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #11: Apr 03, 2019 04:13:20 pm

Agree with this post, As for the money grabbing tv companies, all logic sadly goes out of the window.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #12: Apr 03, 2019 04:15:24 pm
      What a game this is! We need to win the last 6 and one little favour, please God.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #13: Apr 03, 2019 04:15:30 pm
      I’m confident we will win this, although I don’t think it will be a mauling. A decent performance with a clean sheet and two goals from Mo and one from Mane.
      Usual back 5, usual front 3, and a middle of Hendo, Fab and Keita.

Think Gini has struggled lately, and Millie looking a bit weary. Hendo wasn’t great v spuds but he does offer a lot of energy, leaving the football skills to Fab & Keita.
      Shaqiri, Lallana on the bench with Millie and Gini and hopefully Ox and Big Joe !

Good to see mancs got beat last night, they really gonna have to go for it v city to stay in the top 4.
      Seems wolves have got the measure of them. Hoping they beat Watford in the cup as well so their minds will be on the final when they play us 😁

Good luck to all the traveling reds, long old journey for an evening game, and FA / Sky should be lynched for arranging this !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #14: Apr 03, 2019 04:18:44 pm

But, we don’t have all the information Klopp does so no point us guessing  :couch:

Like every game now, don’t care how we do it, just get the 3 points. If that’s with a scrappy win then great, if it’s with a convincing win then great, the outcome is the same regardless of whether it’s convincing or not....mind you, convincing win might be a bit better for the heart.

Not a fan of Friday night games, make me feel just as nervy as a Monday night game, but that said, at least if we get the win it’s a stress free weekend knowing it’s more pressure back on City.

Yea, cant see the brexit MF (as the haters call it ;D) starting again for a while.

Fab. holding with probably Gini & Lallana
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #15: Apr 03, 2019 04:59:56 pm
      I'm stateside so I'll be at work still and will have to stream at my desk  :roll: 3PM EST start time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #16: Apr 03, 2019 05:03:03 pm

This 100%.

Going to be at a track meet all day damnit.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4987 
      Reply #17: Apr 03, 2019 06:11:57 pm
      I'm stateside so I'll be at work still and will have to stream at my desk  :roll: 3PM EST start time.

Phone yer boss up, tell him you have Anal Glaucoma,......

....You can't see your Ass coming to work today....😂😂😂

YNWA
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #18: Apr 03, 2019 08:39:10 pm
      Field all the ex-players. VVD, Lovren, Clyne (not possible now), Adam, Sadio.

Ok insufficient players. Let's play the Sunderland players. Same colour anyway. Migs and Jordan.  ;D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #19: Apr 03, 2019 11:11:49 pm
      I'll settle for an easy 6-0 win.

You know, for a change.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6711 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #20: Apr 04, 2019 12:37:20 am
      Field all the ex-players. VVD, Lovren, Clyne (not possible now), Adam, Sadio.

Ok insufficient players. Let's play the Sunderland players. Same colour anyway. Migs and Jordan.  ;D

Saw this on FB yesterday:

Why do ex-Southampton players love us so much? 😂

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #21: Apr 04, 2019 08:43:55 am
      We need to win this one and put the pressure back on City.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #22: Apr 04, 2019 10:06:08 am
      I see no other way of us winning the league bar we win all remaining six games.

If we draw even once we need City to drop points in two games and I just don't see it.

Friday night away under lights and they will be up for it. I'd go with:

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #23: Apr 04, 2019 10:26:30 am

If we draw even once we need City to drop points in two games and I just don't see it.

Yep we are now seeing the importance of the goal difference being in Man Citys favour and it now being obvious it's going to stay in their favour. It is an extra buffer in real terms, if it were in our favour we could perhaps afford one draw as it is we can't and in playing all out to win at some point we may find ourselves over committing and losing. That was nearly the case against Spurs, in reality they should have put us to bed on 3 separate occasions at 1-1 but they weren't able to do it.

We may as well lose as draw so on the flip side it could be argued our all or nothing attitude gained us 2 points at the end against Spurs when in previous games Klopp has only made like for like substitutes.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #24: Apr 04, 2019 11:12:31 am
      Yep we are now seeing the importance of the goal difference being in Man Citys favour and it now being obvious it's going to stay in their favour. It is an extra buffer in real terms, if it were in our favour we could perhaps afford one draw as it is we can't and in playing all out to win at some point we may find ourselves over committing and losing. That was nearly the case against Spurs, in reality they should have put us to bed on 3 separate occasions at 1-1 but they weren't able to do it.

We may as well lose as draw so on the flip side it could be argued our all or nothing attitude gained us 2 points at the end against Spurs when in previous games Klopp has only made like for like substitutes.

GD is 9 isn't it so it isn't completely out of reach!

We've still got Cardiff and Huddersfield left to play who have conceded a truck ton this season, 2 4-0's and we are right back up there on goal difference ;D City don't have any opponents left who will roll over and have their belly tickled.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4987 
      Reply #25: Apr 04, 2019 11:58:18 am

Lack of creation in that X1 PG91, imo, throw Lallana in there for extra boo's as well as a boost in attack would give us more options, cant afford to be conservative against lower league sides, home or away?

YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #26: Apr 04, 2019 12:01:37 pm

Keita in there for Hendo
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #27: Apr 04, 2019 12:30:08 pm

Ain't going to happen
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #28: Apr 04, 2019 01:16:06 pm

I know, just what I’d prefer though.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29: Apr 04, 2019 01:17:40 pm

You never know, he might surprise us like how he did with Lallana!
      Scottbot

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #30: Apr 04, 2019 01:18:35 pm
      I just hope we play a more creative midfield. That means not playing Fab and Hendo in the same side, that means playing either of Keita, Lallana or Shaq in the midfield three or playing Salah ahead of Firmino as per the team put up near the top of this thread. Hopefully Saints will try and press us and leave some space in behind. I fancy us to win this one 2-1.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Apr 04, 2019 01:45:27 pm
      Fabinho and Hendo together is fine as long as they have an attacking-minded midfielder with them.

Fab, Hendo and Keita would be great. Gini has been off the boil a little lately and wouldn't mind if he missed this one - especially being away from home which makes it infinitely more likely he won't perform.

Apart from that, I think maybe Gomez could come in for Matip as the only other possible change. The rest is straightforward.
      Tadders

• 6,742 posts | 569 
      Reply #32: Apr 04, 2019 02:02:52 pm
      It would make a change for us to play well and win a game comfortably - really go out and enjoy it
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #33: Apr 04, 2019 02:03:39 pm
      I'm Milner'ed out in midfield. He should be a late sub to kill off a game but nowhere near the starting lineup.

As the poster above me mentioned, i'd also go with Fab / Hendo / Keita. The rest of the team we already know.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #34: Apr 04, 2019 02:17:20 pm
      cant wait to see the lads that got us to the CL final, this years qtr final and top of the league again on Friday ..is that how its done?
      I think Jürgen will unleash the beast Fab and Lallana for this I think its time to take the brakes off and destroy teams.
      Another win is really going to piss off City and Friday is a good time to play as it gives us extra time to prepare for the CL. Anyone remember Friday night football actually starting on ITV with Brain Moore who actually loved the Reds.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #35: Apr 04, 2019 02:31:05 pm
      I'm Milner'ed out in midfield. He should be a late sub to kill off a game but nowhere near the starting lineup.

As the poster above me mentioned, i'd also go with Fab / Hendo / Keita. The rest of the team we already know.

Milner does a superb job covering behind Robertson, that's one of the reasons he plays.
      Watch how he tucks in behind when Robertson bombs forwards, then supports him when the opposition is pushed back.
      Keita should be doing it, but for whatever reason isn't quite there yet.
      Wijnaldum does it on the right behind TAA, in a slightly different way.

That said, we shouldn't need Milner to provide that extra cover against Southampton.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #36: Apr 04, 2019 02:32:18 pm
      Agree with the mid of Fab, Hendo and Llallana for this one, the rest picks itself.
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #37: Apr 04, 2019 02:36:21 pm
      No shot Ox gets a bench spot tomorrow right?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38: Apr 04, 2019 03:22:35 pm
      Milner does a superb job covering behind Robertson, that's one of the reasons he plays.
      Watch how he tucks in behind when Robertson bombs forwards, then supports him when the opposition is pushed back.
      Keita should be doing it, but for whatever reason isn't quite there yet.
      Wijnaldum does it on the right behind TAA, in a slightly different way.

That said, we shouldn't need Milner to provide that extra cover against Southampton.

Did Milner do a superb job against Spurs second half, how about Gini or Hendo, how many chances did they create, how well did they cover the defence?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39: Apr 04, 2019 03:35:26 pm
      cant wait to see the lads that got us to the CL final, this years qtr final and top of the league again on Friday ..is that how its done?
      I think Jürgen will unleash the beast Fab and Lallana for this I think its time to take the brakes off and destroy teams.
      Another win is really going to piss off City and Friday is a good time to play as it gives us extra time to prepare for the CL. Anyone remember Friday night football actually starting on ITV with Brain Moore who actually loved the Reds.

I too think Lallana will start. Fab is a shoe in too.

I cant remember friday night footi, I was either too young, or in the pub, which means it was a blur. ;D.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #40: Apr 04, 2019 03:46:03 pm
      Something tells me a Mo Salah hat trick is on the cards as part of a 5-0 thrashing.
      But then I sit up straight and realise that it's a nervy run in ahead and these last few games are decided by one or two goals.

We have the firepower and technical brilliance to smash this lot into next week but if we can't get off to a good start and allow the nerves to kick in, giving away stray passes and dodgy footwork from our goalkeeper, we're in for another roller coaster of 90 odd minutes..

If, at the final whistle we have the 3 points I can take the oxygen mask off  ;D
      Otherwise, I've been told they're keeping me on the ward !

3-1 ....... I reckon  ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41: Apr 04, 2019 04:24:16 pm
      Something tells me a Mo Salah hat trick is on the cards as part of a 5-0 thrashing.

I am going to keep you to this prediction mate and why not someone is due a tonking

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #42: Apr 04, 2019 04:46:44 pm
      Fabinho and Hendo together is fine as long as they have an attacking-minded midfielder with them.

Fab, Hendo and Keita would be great. Gini has been off the boil a little lately and wouldn't mind if he missed this one - especially being away from home which makes it infinitely more likely he won't perform.

Apart from that, I think maybe Gomez could come in for Matip as the only other possible change. The rest is straightforward.

I actually agree on the Gini comment. In fairness to him, he literally plays every single game so perhaps a rest here might help. I'd play Keita ahead of Lallana because the boos may affect him.

But I wouldn't start Joe. He has been out so long and I Matip's form has been fine so I see no reason to risk changing.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #43: Apr 04, 2019 05:05:58 pm
      We really do have a great squad now and we need it more than ever . I think in our remaining games with the exception of Chelsea we should try and literally play them off the park we need to "win" this league not stumble of the finishing line by default.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #44: Apr 04, 2019 06:48:12 pm
      Hope the fans are singing, when the Reds go marching on, after this game.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #45: Apr 04, 2019 07:43:00 pm
      Hope the fans are singing, when the Reds go marching on, after this game.

Very good David ......  saw what you did there !
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #46: Apr 04, 2019 07:43:42 pm
      Don't like friday night games
      rossyred

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Reply #47: Apr 04, 2019 11:08:49 pm
      Milner needed LB in Europe and think Gini needs a breather as looked off last few games. Fabinho a must and probably Hendo and Keita or Lallana.  Would like to see Keita
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #48: Apr 05, 2019 08:20:15 am
      Milner needed LB in Europe and think Gini needs a breather as looked off last few games. Fabinho a must and probably Hendo and Keita or Lallana.  Would like to see Keita

good point about milner.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3915 
      Reply #49: Apr 05, 2019 08:32:16 am
      Game day, let’s do this
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #50: Apr 05, 2019 09:56:24 am
      Matchday, love it any day of the week is the best day of the week if the Reds are playing.  We don't need to win big but what a statement to City if we could give  a Champions performance tonight.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #51: Apr 05, 2019 10:28:14 am

Good point about Gini too, he’s looking tired and it’s the same old with him, his performance massively drops after playing well for his country.

Got a feeling we could see Lovren come into the team.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3841 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #52: Apr 05, 2019 10:30:23 am
      Will be interesting to see if Klopp reverts to a 4-2-2-2
      and if he does will Origi get the nod ahead of Shaqiri.
      Other than that the team picks itself.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #53: Apr 05, 2019 11:39:39 am
      You know what...... Just changed my prediction from 1-3 to 0-3. Them fuckers aint gonna score against us.
      Two for Mo one for Bob. Thats the gut feeling I have today.   ;D and sticking with it  :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      James Jackson
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #54: Apr 05, 2019 12:25:01 pm
      I'm predicting a fairly straight-forward 2-0 win! Looking at the stats between these two, you can see why: https://www.betseven.net/football-betting-tips/english-premier-league/southampton-vs-liverpool/
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #55: Apr 05, 2019 12:26:33 pm
      Good point about Gini too, he’s looking tired and it’s the same old with him, his performance massively drops after playing well for his country.

Got a feeling we could see Lovren come into the team.

Be surprised if Lovren comes in, great to have him as an option again tho.
      Harrisimo

• 8,223 posts | 1387 
      Reply #56: Apr 05, 2019 12:41:42 pm
      Vital that we kill off this one quickly. The fight in them will intensify if they get thru the first 30 minutes. The crowd will get behind them so we want to avoid that obviously. This is no easy gig and if we aren't on it the game will be a close call.

Better understanding all round, cleaner passing, direct passing, more clinical..all the usual stuff. Another gut wrenching night in prospect. Dig in, this could get tetchy.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #57: Apr 05, 2019 01:02:00 pm
      Crazy the FA expect fans to undertake a 4-hour drive down south. Only thinking about TV revenue here.

I'd love it if they boycotted the match.

Hope we smash them.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #58: Apr 05, 2019 01:05:59 pm
      Crazy the FA expect fans to undertake a 4-hour drive down south. Only thinking about TV revenue here.

Hope we smash them.

Yeah I really hope we have no fans in the stadium tonight to support the lads in the title race.  ???

Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #59: Apr 05, 2019 01:19:38 pm
      It has to be.

Alisson

TAA    Matip   VVD   Robbo

Fab

Hendo         Gini

Salah          Bobby    Mane

3 -0   
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #60: Apr 05, 2019 01:29:26 pm
      Need to go for four attacking players, take the game to them and get a comfortable cushion in the game - our results have been too close for my heart to take recently ;D

Salah, Mane, Bobby
      and then either
      Shaqiri, Lallana, Keita or Origi to compliment them.

I don't want to see another flat midfield especially against a team fighting relegation.

Come on lads! Smash them! :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Harrisimo

• 8,223 posts | 1387 
      Reply #61: Apr 05, 2019 01:35:27 pm

Hope we smash them.

Can't seriously think the FA consider the fans anymore. Maybe 10 years ago a flicker of concern might have occupied the minds of the FA regarding fans travel difficulties.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #62: Apr 05, 2019 01:40:13 pm

Good shout that.
      I forgot about the match next week.

I'd like to see Keita as well.
      He's had a rough first season, and ending it well could really help him along.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #63: Apr 05, 2019 01:41:36 pm
      Need to go for four attacking players, take the game to them and get a comfortable cushion in the game - our results have been too close for my heart to take recently ;D

Salah, Mane, Bobby
      and then either
      Shaqiri, Lallana, Keita or Origi to compliment them.

I don't want to see another flat midfield especially against a team fighting relegation.

Come on lads! Smash them! :kop5cf8koxp6:

They may be down the bottom, but I think they are much better than their position would suggest.
      We still need to be careful, they won't just roll over.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #64: Apr 05, 2019 01:42:46 pm
      what a chance for these lads to show they are ready for the fight, a league title and a CL title so close you can smell it.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #65: Apr 05, 2019 01:45:37 pm
      They may be down the bottom, but I think they are much better than their position would suggest.

Hasenhuttl has done well and they've had a good run of form of late. I'd still like to think we can throw another attacking player in there though.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #66: Apr 05, 2019 01:55:30 pm
      This is not as easy as it looks. It is not the Hughes Southampton but Hassenhuttle. He has given them impetus plus they are really good are hassling the opposition. They will not give us time on the ball.

I go for 2-1 to the redmen because I can.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #67: Apr 05, 2019 01:57:10 pm

They are where they are, and that is just above the relegation places, they are NOT a good side, but they are playing at home and have had a bit of form recently.
      In summary no room for complacency but if we play good positive football and are solid at the back then we should beat them. Its crucially we are a bit more dynamic in midfield though, if we start with Hendo, Gini and Milner again we might be in trouble.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #68: Apr 05, 2019 02:02:31 pm
      Hasenhuttl has done well and they've had a good run of form of late. I'd still like to think we can throw another attacking player in there though.

I agree, I was more warning against complacency, but I don't think that will be an issue for Klopp and the lads.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #69: Apr 05, 2019 02:17:23 pm
      Gini is the player who I thought looked most heavy-legged last time, especially in the 2nd half. I'm guessing Fab and Lallana will replace Milner and Gini, with an eye toward the Porto match where we should see Hendo-Milner-Gini again.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #70: Apr 05, 2019 02:23:50 pm
      Also just noticed Joe Gomez could be on the bench tonight. Good to see.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #71: Apr 05, 2019 04:02:32 pm
      Had a quick look on their forum and what a state they are, small time club. Their main focus on their pre-match thread...what songs can they sing that will get to players or the fans.... fighting relegation and they are more obsessed on getting to us.
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #72: Apr 05, 2019 04:18:41 pm
      Also just noticed Joe Gomez could be on the bench tonight. Good to see.

Yup! Tremendous news.

https://twitter.com/Oliver__Bond/status/1113924836282261504
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #73: Apr 05, 2019 04:22:04 pm
      Happy to see Joe back. What a shitty injury that was and hopefully we are winning comfortably with 20 minutes left in the game so he can come in and get some rust off. Matip has nailed down the job so Joe will have to earn his spot back.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3915 
      Reply #74: Apr 05, 2019 04:38:19 pm
      Nervous now
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #75: Apr 05, 2019 04:42:41 pm
      Main object bag all three points, put the pressure back on City. A goal for Mo Salah being an added bonus.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #76: Apr 05, 2019 05:18:41 pm
      I think if lallana is fit he should start. Fabinho is a must start. It would have to be between Gini and Milner for the other midfield place.
                                 Allison
      TAA.        Matip.           VVD.       Robbo
                                Fabinho
                   Lallana.               Gini
      Salah.              Bobby.                  Mane
      Harrisimo

• 8,223 posts | 1387 
      Reply #77: Apr 05, 2019 05:28:38 pm
      Half our team might go into the Home dressing room.

I love these games, footie drama at it's best. It will be tough if we don't kill off any steam they might try and boil up.
      Harrisimo

• 8,223 posts | 1387 
      Reply #78: Apr 05, 2019 05:40:29 pm
      Happy to see Joe back. What a shitty injury that was and hopefully we are winning comfortably with 20 minutes left in the game so he can come in and get some rust off. Matip has nailed down the job so Joe will have to earn his spot back.

Yes Matip has done really well.Looked at one time as if he was third choice behind Gomez and Lovren and I like the way he moves the ball out of defence. At 27 he's coming into his prime.I'd like to see a bit more aggressive in the air but they can't all be like John Terry. If push come to shuve I'd let Lovren go before Matip.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,524 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #79: Apr 05, 2019 05:56:54 pm
      I think if lallana is fit he should start. Fabinho is a must start. It would have to be between Gini and Milner for the other midfield place.
                                 Allison
      TAA.        Matip.           VVD.       Robbo
                                Fabinho
                   Lallana.               Gini
      Salah.              Bobby.                  Mane

That would be my team too, but Jürgen is his own man and might come up with a surprise with CL on Tuesday.
      Nothing less than a win will do. Again.
      Would be nice to go 2 up and get the pipe and slippers out.
      But we haven't been doing it the easy way recently. Though the important thing is we HAVE been doing it :)
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #80: Apr 05, 2019 06:22:39 pm
      Win tonight and we’ve guaranteed CL footy next year :f_tongueincheek:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3915 
      Reply #81: Apr 05, 2019 06:42:31 pm
      Win tonight and we’ve guaranteed CL footy next year :f_tongueincheek:

Nice stat!
      Scottbot

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #82: Apr 05, 2019 06:52:44 pm
      This is not as easy as it looks. It is not the Hughes Southampton but Hassenhuttle. He has given them impetus plus they are really good are hassling the opposition. They will not give us time on the ball.

I go for 2-1 to the redmen because I can.

I hope they do press us mate but can’t see it myself, notany teams offer us space in behind and Sao ya have been dodgy at the back. But if they do want to press, that’s why it’s imperative we have a skillful player in our midfield three.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4987 
      Reply #83: Apr 05, 2019 07:00:33 pm
      Buzzin, can't wait for KO, got a funny feeling we're going to run riot tonight, shake that tension off and go for it, even on a bad day we should be too much for them,

In a sort of piss take I'd loved to have  fielded all the ex Saints players , Clyne,  Lallana Mane,VvD, and they all scored 🤣🤣🤣🤣,
      But I'm hoping we see....

Alisson
      Trent  Matip VvD Robbo
          Fabinho  Wijnaldom
      Firmino   Lallana    Mane
                        Salah

A proper Trouncing is what i would love to see,  but equally happy with a scrappy boring sh*t fest and obviously the 3 pts

0-6 😁

YNWA

Quick Reply