Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Southampton v Liverpool : Friday 5th April : 20.00

Read 8132 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Pre Match : Southampton v Liverpool : Friday 5th April : 20.00
      Apr 03, 2019 09:36:16 am
      What a stupid day and time for a game!

This one is not going to be easy with Saints fighting for their lives and it will be a cauldron of boos which is sort of understandable the way we have treated them as a feeder club over the recent years.

All that said their is absolutely no need for the Uber conservative midfield we saw against Spurs, we should be good enough to win by a couple.

Alisson
      TAA
      Matip
      VVD
      Robbo

Fab
      Gini
      Keita/Lallana

Salah
      Mane
      Bobby
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Re: Pre Match : Southampton v Liverpool : Friday 5th April : 20.00
      Reply #1: Apr 03, 2019 10:10:49 am
      I actually like Friday night footy!

Hoping for a more attacking formation:

NB: Team no longer available
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2: Apr 03, 2019 10:40:22 am
      Tricky match, this; back 5 & front 3 pick themselves. 

Agree with OP's team but feel that JK will go with Fab, Gini, Hendo.

Narrow, nervy unconvincing win on the cards again...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3: Apr 03, 2019 11:03:50 am

I actually like Friday night footy!

From a watching on TV perspective it's fine by me.  For travelling supporters, all the way down to Southampton on a Friday night it is indeed a complete pisstake.

I've got nothing really against a Friday night game but for the love of god these should be between teams no more than 50 miles apart I reckon - not the other end of the country. Same should apply to all Monday night games as well IMO.
      +11
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4: Apr 03, 2019 11:17:46 am

This one is not going to be easy with Saints fighting for their lives and it will be a cauldron of boos which is sort of understandable the way we have treated them as a feeder club over the recent years.

All that said their is absolutely no need for the Uber conservative midfield we saw against Spurs, we should be good enough to win by a couple.

Alisson
      TAA
      Matip
      VVD
      Robbo

Fab
      Gini
      Keita/Lallana

Salah
      Mane
      Bobby

No idea why Southampton should be angry at us, we've swelled their coffers enormously in recent years, we haven't once instructed a player to run down their contract so that we could get the on a free.

As for the game I think we will smash them, I sense a barnstorming game coming up and I think a lot of pressure will have been lifted after the Spurs game.

Klopp needs to take the shackles off a bit, we can't have 6 more nervy games please!
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #5: Apr 03, 2019 11:23:20 am
      From a watching on TV perspective it's fine by me.  For travelling supporters, all the way down to Southampton on a Friday night it is indeed a complete pisstake.

I've got nothing really against a Friday night game but for the love of god these should be between teams no more than 50 miles apart I reckon - not the other end of the country. Same should apply to all Monday night games as well IMO.

True, I was just thinking from the armchair. Here's hoping these or Brighton get relegated to lower the trips to the south coast for our fans next season ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Apr 03, 2019 11:37:46 am

this. Its shocking the way away supporters are treated.

It really could be easily avoided too.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Apr 03, 2019 12:10:59 pm
      Hopefully a midfield of Fab, Gini and Keita. Hopefully we’ve seen the last of a Hendo, Milner and Gini combo.

But, we don’t have all the information Klopp does so no point us guessing  :couch:

Like every game now, don’t care how we do it, just get the 3 points. If that’s with a scrappy win then great, if it’s with a convincing win then great, the outcome is the same regardless of whether it’s convincing or not....mind you, convincing win might be a bit better for the heart.

Not a fan of Friday night games, make me feel just as nervy as a Monday night game, but that said, at least if we get the win it’s a stress free weekend knowing it’s more pressure back on City.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8: Apr 03, 2019 01:02:59 pm
      Hopefully a midfield of Fab, Gini and Keita. Hopefully we’ve seen the last of a Hendo, Milner and Gini combo.

Agree  KK.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #9: Apr 03, 2019 01:14:46 pm
      Back 5, usual suspects, Front 3, usual suspects and a midfield trio of Fabinho Wijnaldom and Lallana to weld it altogether ,

Three points is all that matters,  don't care if its a scrappy ,ugly boring F**k up of a game, and a winning goal that rebounds off Bobby's bellend , just Get those points and ramp the pressure on Peppy & his wee Piggies  !!!

0-3 Champions Elect

YNWA
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #10: Apr 03, 2019 03:39:42 pm
      Love it when it comes down to the wire in these closing games. It's win or bust. No room for any lack of urgency. Teams fight like cats and dogs to get to this position so we should relish these games. Hire wire act, drama at it's best footie wise.

We will not be found wanting regarding courage. I expect a top performance and all things being equal we are better than Southampton F.C.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #11: Apr 03, 2019 04:13:20 pm

Agree with this post, As for the money grabbing tv companies, all logic sadly goes out of the window.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #12: Apr 03, 2019 04:15:24 pm
      What a game this is! We need to win the last 6 and one little favour, please God.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #13: Apr 03, 2019 04:15:30 pm
      I’m confident we will win this, although I don’t think it will be a mauling. A decent performance with a clean sheet and two goals from Mo and one from Mane.
      Usual back 5, usual front 3, and a middle of Hendo, Fab and Keita.

Think Gini has struggled lately, and Millie looking a bit weary. Hendo wasn’t great v spuds but he does offer a lot of energy, leaving the football skills to Fab & Keita.
      Shaqiri, Lallana on the bench with Millie and Gini and hopefully Ox and Big Joe !

Good to see mancs got beat last night, they really gonna have to go for it v city to stay in the top 4.
      Seems wolves have got the measure of them. Hoping they beat Watford in the cup as well so their minds will be on the final when they play us 😁

Good luck to all the traveling reds, long old journey for an evening game, and FA / Sky should be lynched for arranging this !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #14: Apr 03, 2019 04:18:44 pm

But, we don’t have all the information Klopp does so no point us guessing  :couch:

Like every game now, don’t care how we do it, just get the 3 points. If that’s with a scrappy win then great, if it’s with a convincing win then great, the outcome is the same regardless of whether it’s convincing or not....mind you, convincing win might be a bit better for the heart.

Not a fan of Friday night games, make me feel just as nervy as a Monday night game, but that said, at least if we get the win it’s a stress free weekend knowing it’s more pressure back on City.

Yea, cant see the brexit MF (as the haters call it ;D) starting again for a while.

Fab. holding with probably Gini & Lallana
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #15: Apr 03, 2019 04:59:56 pm
      I'm stateside so I'll be at work still and will have to stream at my desk  :roll: 3PM EST start time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #16: Apr 03, 2019 05:03:03 pm

This 100%.

Going to be at a track meet all day damnit.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #17: Apr 03, 2019 06:11:57 pm
      I'm stateside so I'll be at work still and will have to stream at my desk  :roll: 3PM EST start time.

Phone yer boss up, tell him you have Anal Glaucoma,......

....You can't see your Ass coming to work today....😂😂😂

YNWA
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #18: Apr 03, 2019 08:39:10 pm
      Field all the ex-players. VVD, Lovren, Clyne (not possible now), Adam, Sadio.

Ok insufficient players. Let's play the Sunderland players. Same colour anyway. Migs and Jordan.  ;D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #19: Apr 03, 2019 11:11:49 pm
      I'll settle for an easy 6-0 win.

You know, for a change.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #20: Apr 04, 2019 12:37:20 am
      Field all the ex-players. VVD, Lovren, Clyne (not possible now), Adam, Sadio.

Ok insufficient players. Let's play the Sunderland players. Same colour anyway. Migs and Jordan.  ;D

Saw this on FB yesterday:

Why do ex-Southampton players love us so much? 😂

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #21: Apr 04, 2019 08:43:55 am
      We need to win this one and put the pressure back on City.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #22: Apr 04, 2019 10:06:08 am
      I see no other way of us winning the league bar we win all remaining six games.

If we draw even once we need City to drop points in two games and I just don't see it.

Friday night away under lights and they will be up for it. I'd go with:

Quick Reply