Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Saints?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (3.2%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (3.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      3 (2.4%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      36 (29%)
      Roberto Firmino
      26 (21%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (2.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      44 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: Apr 09, 2019 09:52:04 pm

Southampton 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30633 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Southampton 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Apr 06, 2019 01:41:55 am
      Not even in the mood to look through all tonight's posts because I expect to see some moaning.

But ay, we're well involved in a title race against what is quite frankly an amazing squad, with a top drawer manager who's had top drawer wedge to spend. On F***ing tap by the way!

Honestly, if you can't get on board with this sh*t then we can never be mates. I've longed for these moments for many a year.

F***ing mighty we are. Hanging around like a bad smell.

Red, mighty. THE MIGHTY F***ing REDS.

Get in!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #599: Apr 06, 2019 01:53:56 am
      What's there to complain with that scoreline and the efforts put in with a tough opponent performing as if they are in a cup final game. Oh wait, there's one here, is the ref blind or something. Who's that muppet ref?

Extremely happy to see hendo scored a goal. He can do much much better than what he did all these while. Credit to him. Even happier to see Salah scored a very difficult goal. Hopefully, that goal gives him the confidence he needed. One banana skin out of the way.

Lets stay 100% focussed and do the job and lets not underestimate any of the lesser teams. Well done lads.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #600: Apr 06, 2019 02:05:36 am
      I actually find that whenever I post something negative we scored within 10 minutes. We needed a goal, I posted and Salah scored... sorry to be superstitious... and have a nice cup of stfu

I would normally agree with you but if that was the case we'd have more Premier league titles than the Scum!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Live: Southampton v Liverpool
      Reply #601: Apr 06, 2019 02:05:53 am

Excellent call. You were spot on!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #602: Apr 06, 2019 02:07:22 am
      So admit it. Who was screaming "PASS!!!" before Salah scored? :D

I was thinking if he Doesn't pass he'll miss!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #603: Apr 06, 2019 02:25:03 am

Screaming it I was.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #604: Apr 06, 2019 02:26:49 am
      I was thinking if he Doesn't pass he'll miss!

;D.

I yelled "pass" as well, and it has to be said Bobby made a great run on that. Between that and the assist on the third goal I was thinking about Bobby for MoTM but I went with Henderson instead because he sent Mo on his way for the 2nd and made a great run of his own on the third. Gini had a tough night and for about 75 minutes Fabinho couldn't seem to do much right, but he was improved in the last part of the match. Joel Matip took some flak in the thread, but I thought he was solid as well, winning a lot of headers and even getting involved in attack. Such an exiting title race this is.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #605: Apr 06, 2019 03:24:50 am
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #606: Apr 06, 2019 03:52:37 am
      What a F***ing head F***ing F**k these F***ing last few F***ing games have F***ing been.

F**k. Me.

Gonna be honest, started going to a real dark place between 75 minutes and whenever Mo scored. Just started thinking it's gonna be that year again. Falling just short. Agonisingly close, but just out of reach. And I know it may still, but I didn't want it to be with five games to play and a shithouse 1-1 against cu*ts that boo VvD like the best centre half in the world should for some reason still be playing for those absolute w*nk tissues.

Don't ask me why I started going there today. Tough work week and up early at work again, maybe. Head space a bit more fragile. Who knows. Just was getting real F***ing dark.

Then Mo decides he's gonna wander down the entire pitch after some great work from Mane and Hendo, and WHAT THE F**k WAS I WORRIED ABOUT!

Was watching early at work since I had to get the wood oven going at 6am here. Found some somewhat choppy security footage of me running around like an idiot when Mo scored :D

https://twitter.com/bigvYNWA/status/1114282709004603394

Bloody hell. We weren't good today. But we won, 3-1. We've heard it all before about the other title winning great teams that would snag these results. While it is still in City's hands, we're pushing them every step of the way and that's all I can ask for at this point.

Get in. Get the F**k in.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #607: Apr 06, 2019 05:11:56 am
      This team is F***ing relentless. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more consistent reds team in my lifetime.

F***ing love it, get in!!
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #608: Apr 06, 2019 05:31:15 am
      City win games early, and we just seem to wait longer that’s all.

Another fantastic result against a team that still have something to play for, which is what you can get at this stage of the season. They are a better team than there position suggests and would have been comfortably safe if the manager had been there from the start.

Some questions answered tonight:
      - Mo is still Mo
      - Naby will have a say in the latter part of the season
      - Hendo should play further forward (a la 13-14)
      - We do know how to celebrate a goal

If you can’t enjoy this season then it’s a shame. I decided a while back to just go with it and see where it ends, and it’s certainly not over yet.

Roll on Porto, where we can at least have a break from the league and do what we do best, European nights at Anfield.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #609: Apr 06, 2019 07:10:06 am
      Wow i mean f***in WOW, that was Immense i mean f***in Immense!!!
      No one can ever question the determination, passion and desire of any of our lads,
      Naby breaking his duck,  Mo getting back to his world class best and the Skipper showing that he can drag us over the line in a cameo Gerrard-esq like performance ,and to top it off with that goal was just f***in mental,
      WE WILL WIN the League cos we want it more, City are fighting on too many fronts and WILL falter, 
      We have only one potential banana skin to get over, Chavs at home, and we won't be dropping points to them, leaving,  Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle & Wolves to stop us lifting the Holy Grail, put it another way,
      List the remaining fixtures of us and City,  factor in the intensity and importance of each fixture, momentum, fatigue, fixture congestion,  points gained, game in hand, freshness of players etc ,

Its looking good for us ppl, looking good indeed, they say mind games play their part in situations like this, but imagine your Pep for a mo, he's watching us everytime we play, every week we're asked questions and every week we answer, winning from losing positions,  not only winning but winning ugly, he's hoping that we drop a point here or there, but we dont, his frustration levels must be going thru the Etihad roof,
      This is our mind games, we don't have to say anything,  just keep doing what we're doing and that will be enough .

Fantastic lads & Fantastic Jürgen Klopp Our Fantastic manager!!!!

YNWA
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #610: Apr 06, 2019 07:11:40 am
      I gave MOTM to Hendo but yes Robbo is playing out of his skin. Great attacking wing back. Before Robbo Milner was playing 3 positions in every game..full back, wing back and winger. a 3 in 1 player. Robbo is now doing the same, what an engine he has, never runs out of fuel. Been a consistent all season.

Aye he`s playing oot his skin right enough , tell Mo that when he humped it ten foot over his napper when it should have been along the deck  :f_tongueincheek:
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #611: Apr 06, 2019 07:47:55 am

Haha.. Aye
      I couldn't get myself to believe that he had scored until I saw him shirtless.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #612: Apr 06, 2019 08:34:55 am

Haha to be fair I was happy to see them coming on, at the time I thought they were both going in the middle too.

They changed the game and won us the match, as Saints began to tire 2 sets of fresh legs who harry and work and have experience turned the tide in our favour.

I'm always happy to see one of them on the bench because it usually doesn't take long for them to get into the game once they come on.

The midfield are all good players, doubts still about Naby in his defensive discipline but the rest are real work horses.

If Keita isn't going to be incredible going forward though then he's a worry to me, Lallana has showed a bit recently but I'm wondering if we cut our losses on Keita and use the funds for more of a natural 10 type like Fekir or give him 1 more season to bed in.

I don't really doubt our batch of midfielders but I'm sure they'd love some help in the creativity side of things.

At present we are grinding out the results but gone are the occasions now we are scoring from good passing play, it's corners, crosses and yesterday we broke from their corner. I just feel soon we will need to show a little bit more than that to win all these games, Mo being  back in the goals could well help.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #613: Apr 06, 2019 08:55:56 am
      Another great game by Robbo. What a player this lad is. Clearly our best player in the first half and was only overshadowed by Salah and Hendo in the second half. In with a shout for LFC player of the season.

really?? I thought he was quite poor, especially his crossing, he really needs to work on delivering quality balls into the box, Trent as well, its far to hit and miss if you compare it to Citeh for example.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #614: Apr 06, 2019 09:10:10 am
      Missed first half , get to my dads , and like half the forum he’s having a meltdown , d been out on the ale , so was pretty calm sat down and said don’t worry we got this , his response was your talking sh*t and that’s how we’ve played ,
      So I just said we’ll see must admit when the time flashed up with eighteen to go I did say ok I’m getting nervy now we need to score ,Mo breaks away goes the length and sticks it away ,
      Yes I admit I was screaming pass it but puts it away and my mams goes mental my nephew and I jumping round the living room like we won the World Cup , then for Jordan to slide one home puts the icing on the cake ,
      Voted Mo motm because he’s had some stick poor run and all that but the lad came good under pressure when we needed him too ,
      Well done to Jordan coming on not sulking but getting straight down to business that’s the Jordan we need till season’s end .
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #615: Apr 06, 2019 09:12:10 am
      Haha to be fair I was happy to see them coming on, at the time I thought they were both going in the middle too.

They changed the game and won us the match, as Saints began to tire 2 sets of fresh legs who harry and work and have experience turned the tide in our favour.

I'm always happy to see one of them on the bench because it usually doesn't take long for them to get into the game once they come on.

The midfield are all good players, doubts still about Naby in his defensive discipline but the rest are real work horses.

If Keita isn't going to be incredible going forward though then he's a worry to me, Lallana has showed a bit recently but I'm wondering if we cut our losses on Keita and use the funds for more of a natural 10 type like Fekir or give him 1 more season to bed in.

I don't really doubt our batch of midfielders but I'm sure they'd love some help in the creativity side of things.

At present we are grinding out the results but gone are the occasions now we are scoring from good passing play, it's corners, crosses and yesterday we broke from their corner. I just feel soon we will need to show a little bit more than that to win all these games, Mo being  back in the goals could well help.

I thought Keita had a pretty good game, still dithers a bit to long on the ball but I think that is him still getting used to the pace of this league.
      I still maintain that he will become a key player for us for many year sto come.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #616: Apr 06, 2019 09:25:08 am

Does thinking Firmino has made a great run and getting as far as shouting "He's Op.." before Salah buried it count?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #617: Apr 06, 2019 10:00:19 am
      A few people seem to be missing ?

Is it because we won or because Henderson was outstanding ?

Apart from the odd standard nugget it’s great to see positivity towards the players and the result.

We may have gone behind last night but showed bottle , maturity and composure to get back into it and then get the win

Who is missing then? I've already said that Hendo had a great game when he came on, a real captains performance, turning the game together with Milner. We really were a different side after they came on replacing Gini and Trent who both had poor games.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #618: Apr 06, 2019 10:24:19 am
      really?? I thought he was quite poor, especially his crossing, he really needs to work on delivering quality balls into the box, Trent as well, its far to hit and miss if you compare it to Citeh for example.

Well I know one person who wouldn't agree with you...me & Klopp..Robbo was our best player in the first half, always available. Poor he was not. His wing back and support play is always of a high standard. His crossing is generally of a high standard. Nobody his the target man every time.

Robbo is consistently good/great game in game out.And played well last night.
      « Last Edit: Apr 06, 2019 10:28:50 am by Harrisimo »
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #619: Apr 06, 2019 10:32:03 am
      A few people seem to be missing ?

Is it because we won or because Henderson was outstanding ?

Apart from the odd standard nugget it’s great to see positivity towards the players and the result.

We may have gone behind last night but showed bottle , maturity and composure to get back into it and then get the win

This thing that comes up about ‘bottle’ every time we look a little shaky is a joke. We have had an incredible season and repeatedly shown our resilience. We have more points than any other team this season after falling behind. And yet, for some the question of our teams bottle is raised.

We are witnessing one of our greatest teams of the PL era.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #620: Apr 06, 2019 10:32:53 am
      Aye he`s playing oot his skin right enough , tell Mo that when he humped it ten foot over his napper when it should have been along the deck  :f_tongueincheek:

For a lad that has been consistently good/great since he came here it's a bit churlish to crab about him if he doesn't hit the target every time. It was his great support play down the left that got him in a position to supply in the first place.

Quick Reply