Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Saints?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (3.2%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (3.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      3 (2.4%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      36 (29%)
      Roberto Firmino
      26 (21%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (2.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      44 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: Apr 09, 2019 09:52:04 pm

Southampton 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32388 times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Re: Southampton 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Apr 05, 2019 10:22:10 pm
      Feels like a big win and performance. Last half hour was very good. Funny that Hendo n Milner coming on turned it. With Milner going to RB it made perfect sense. He shored us up defensively, and Hendo gave us a big shot of energy in midfield. Still MOTM to Mo though for that finish. Great time for him to do that - for the points but also for his confidence. Hopefully that is him up and running again for the last 5 games. Could be key.

Great shot of confidence for the entire team.(Naby getting his first goal as well!) Just an affirmation of character and fighting spirit for the whole team at the perfect time. Most enjoyable game of 2019 so far. Maybe the most important one of the whole season so far as well.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #530: Apr 05, 2019 10:22:12 pm
      You reckon?  Tough place to go but they've too much for Palace's defence, surely?  I can see the Spuds (League) and Manure being the games they struggle in.  F***n hope so.  Ironic if the Trafford Tossers help us to the title!

I don't use smiley faces I expect forum members to be wise enough to recognise sarcasm but there are a few dullards on here who need to be directed in the right direction..... don't have you as one of them
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #531: Apr 05, 2019 10:22:54 pm
      Talk about uping the ante,Jurgens substitutions were brilliant Milly and Hendo were just so influential Nabys tackle Hendos header and Mo,s of and running to score number 50,Bobby dazzling on the wing then Hendo gets his just rewards, playing that little bit deeper is obviously what Klopp wants but tonight playing that little bit further up Hendo took the game by the scruff of the neck and made it ours, great 3 points a tremendous 2nd half performance by the lads cant praise them enough.

YNWA
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #532: Apr 05, 2019 10:23:49 pm
      It certainly was on par with his Bayern home first half.

Must also say , fair play to Klopp for not plodding him down as a 6 and imo, playing to his strengths and higher up in an 8 role.

I think you're spot on.  He showed some quality in that role for Engerland last week too, but I was too busy praying he didnt get injured to care.
      Both times he had a holding mid to free him.  Maybe that's where his future is once Klopp can trust Fab.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #533: Apr 05, 2019 10:24:09 pm
      The Hendo we saw tonight was the Hendo that played for England when they beat Czech Republic 5-0. He was lively, aggressive, full of forward running and geeing everybody up. Being the leader, the Captain. He is a far better player than Dier of Spurs.

Will Klopp pick Hendo,Fabinho and Naby in midfield. Might do.

his interview ws telling. He said he wants to be more attacking and play further up the pitch and he can do this given the chance. Jürgen has his formation and we are top of the league and in the cL qtr final so I am not going to moan about our midfield having to be incredibly disciplined its got us this far
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #534: Apr 05, 2019 10:25:06 pm
      I don't use smiley faces I expect forum members to be wise enough to recognise sarcasm but there are a few dullards on here who need to be directed in the right direction..... don't have you as one of them

Haha!  Cheers for that!

Roy the Red.  That'd be the day.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #535: Apr 05, 2019 10:25:10 pm
      Surely all these late wins must be getting to and making them feel the pressure City. The likes of Walker you can put money on starting to get cocky the more the game goes on.

Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #536: Apr 05, 2019 10:25:19 pm
      Whatever happens, enjoy watching one of the best Liverpool teams in 20 years. I love you F***ing reds
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #537: Apr 05, 2019 10:27:05 pm
      Whatever happens, enjoy watching one of the best Liverpool teams in 20 years. I love you f**king reds

exactly mate these lads are giving everything they have the least we can do is stop F***ing moaning and get behind everyone of them
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #538: Apr 05, 2019 10:27:51 pm
      Surely all these late wins must be getting to and making them feel the pressure City. The likes of Walker you can put money on starting to get cocky the more the game goes on.

Oh yeah. Mr Tweet/delete.  F**k him.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #539: Apr 05, 2019 10:28:40 pm
      Mo was actually going for the crossbar on that goal! ;D
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 567 posts | 129 
      Reply #540: Apr 05, 2019 10:28:43 pm
      Must admit I groaned when Hendo and Milner came on as subs when we needed a goal. How wrong was I? Inspired subs by Jürgen and plenty of passion from both subs.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #541: Apr 05, 2019 10:29:23 pm
      Klopp played a blinder with the subs today, absolute blinder.
      Harrisimo

• 8,407 posts | 1431 
      Reply #542: Apr 05, 2019 10:30:10 pm
      Maybe Saints got a bit to ambitious. I thought they would sit deep try and frustrate. We can hit teams on the break better than any team. Salah is like a coiled spring when we defend corners. Just looking for the run.

Best team in Europe for Drama without a doubt.
      CINERE KOPITES
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 196 posts | 29 
      • CINEREDS est. 2017
      Reply #543: Apr 05, 2019 10:31:08 pm
      Another message to man city:
      WE ARE GOIN NOWHERE !!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #544: Apr 05, 2019 10:31:51 pm
      Must admit I groaned when Hendo and Milner came on as subs when we needed a goal. How wrong was I? Inspired subs by Jürgen and plenty of passion from both subs.

listen to the likes of Jamie Carragher who said "Jordan has been frustrated by his position this season" He can do so much more but Jürgen sets his team up to be top of the league and in the CL QTR finals. Just people cant see their head for their arse and just pick on the lad. Jürgen made th changes and Milly and Jordan completely changed the tempo of the game. Also they were very vocal and that didn't happen in the first half.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #545: Apr 05, 2019 10:33:03 pm
      5 to go.

Come on Woy, make a difference next Sunday. Might even forgive you for signing Poulson!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #546: Apr 05, 2019 10:33:06 pm
      Wow that was a sweet win, very very good from Hendo and superb goal from Mo. Also nice for Naby to break his duck.

We're gonna win the league!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #547: Apr 05, 2019 10:33:15 pm
      Klopp played a blinder with the subs today, absolute blinder.

changed the game and all credit to him just look at the league table who is going to question him
      Jimsouse67

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      Reply #548: Apr 05, 2019 10:33:52 pm
      Could only listen to the game on the radio but F**k me those subs where very much inspired and changed the game ,well in boss,this team of ours has some spirit & balls.
      Harrisimo

• 8,407 posts | 1431 
      Reply #549: Apr 05, 2019 10:34:38 pm
      Now that was a confident Salah!

Keita, Salah and Hendo, all without a goal for a while and all on the scoresheet, will be a massive boost to all of them. Very much the way of our midfield this season, the ones who got hauled off last week came on and were up there with our best players on the night. Don't think Keita done much wrong, could see he was a bit lacking in sharpness at the start but grew into the game well, done enough to start next time out.

Hendo, christ the passion from him on that goal! His first goal and assist of the season and it comes at a vital time of the season, great stuff. That pass from Bobby though was boss, can't not mention that.

Made it hard work and maybe one of these days we will make light work of a game from start to finish but f**k it, it's brilliant!!

The subs could easily have been viewed as negative by Klopp but it won us the game, it was only after the subs that we really took a firm hold of the game.

As for Bertrand, all that time wasting for nothing. Maybe don't time waste before the end of the game and it wont come back to bite you.

Need to start picking up clean sheets again though, another goal conceded that should have been avoided.

Hendo..phew...put a pair of boxing gloves on him stick him in there...biff, bash bosh..I wouldn't get in there..
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #550: Apr 05, 2019 10:34:42 pm
      Could only listen to the game on the radio but f**k me those subs where very much inspired and changed the game ,well in boss,this team of ours has some spirit & balls.

its the team spirit that will take us all the way mate
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #551: Apr 05, 2019 10:36:20 pm
      Called it at HT they would run out of gas and that's what happened we could have gone on and on so much energy and desire that's another out of the way fantastic result game on

Quick Reply