Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Saints?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (3.2%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (3.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      3 (2.4%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      36 (29%)
      Roberto Firmino
      26 (21%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (2.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      44 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: Apr 09, 2019 09:52:04 pm

Southampton 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30641 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Southampton 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Apr 06, 2019 10:52:45 am
      A few people seem to be missing ?

Is it because we won or because Henderson was outstanding ?

Apart from the odd standard nugget it’s great to see positivity towards the players and the result.

We may have gone behind last night but showed bottle , maturity and composure to get back into it and then get the win
      Henderson sure changed his attitude since being dropped from first xi, he actually got in the box for once. Hopefully we'll see more of that.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #622: Apr 06, 2019 10:57:02 am
      I thought Keita had a pretty good game, still dithers a bit to long on the ball but I think that is him still getting used to the pace of this league.
      I still maintain that he will become a key player for us for many year sto come.

Far to early to make that call. It's not been easy to get established here. Naby has played OK in a few games, no real telling contributions.

It's clear the jury is still out on him, still gathering and assessing the evidence. I expect the verdict sometime in May*.

* T&C's apply.
      RedKop114
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #623: Apr 06, 2019 11:11:51 am
      An important win as Salah scored the goal at the right time. Now let's hope that City will drop points.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #624: Apr 06, 2019 11:16:36 am
      Far to early to make that call. It's not been easy to get established here. Naby has played OK in a few games, no real telling contributions.

It's clear the jury is still out on him, still gathering and assessing the evidence. I expect the verdict sometime in May*.

* T&C's apply.

No telling contributions from Keita?? Is that apart from the equaliser yesterday and the penalty he should have had plus intelligent link up play. But keep telling us how outstanding Robbo is at crossing especially that pass that flew way over Salah's head when all it needed was a simple square pass for a tap in or the penalty he nearly gave away at the end.
      Don't get me wrong here, I love Robbo, I think he is an outstanding LB but I don't think his crossing is good  and I don't actually think his overall game was up to his usual standards yesterday.

But right now who cares, we won yesterday and are top of the league again, we now have one more tricky game at home to Chelsea, and possibly away to Cardiff, but compared to City we have a fairly easy run-in and the pressure is 100% on them.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #625: Apr 06, 2019 11:29:37 am
      No telling contributions from Keita?? Is that apart from the equaliser yesterday and the penalty he should have had plus intelligent link up play. But keep telling us how outstanding Robbo is at crossing especially that pass that flew way over Salah's head when all it needed was a simple square pass for a tap in or the penalty he nearly gave away at the end.
      Don't get me wrong here, I love Robbo, I think he is an outstanding LB but I don't think his crossing is good  and I don't actually think his overall game was up to his usual standards yesterday.

But right now who cares, we won yesterday and are top of the league again, we now have one more tricky game at home to Chelsea, and possibly away to Cardiff, but compared to City we have a fairly easy run-in and the pressure is 100% on them.

must admit his game improved after his goal... He needed that goal
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #626: Apr 06, 2019 11:40:55 am
      So F***ing happy
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #627: Apr 06, 2019 11:43:25 am

Miner and Henderson? I guess Pep will be ordering a big blue bus for may then

How have you two clowns learned nothing in years and years of being shown up after ridiculous commments like this being thrown back in your faces time and time again.

Your views on football, especially in game comments still to this day baffle me to the point where I’m sure you both are watching a completely separate game
      +12
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #628: Apr 06, 2019 12:00:13 pm
      For a lad that has been consistently good/great since he came here it's a bit churlish to crab about him if he doesn't hit the target every time. It was his great support play down the left that got him in a position to supply in the first place.

Deary me ,wind yer neck in mate look at the smiley at the end its a tongue in cheek comment,give yersel a shake FFS  churlish support play ,take the poker out yer arse
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #629: Apr 06, 2019 12:06:50 pm
      How have you two clowns learned nothing in years and years of being shown up after ridiculous commments like this being thrown back in your faces time and time again.

Your views on football, especially in game comments still to this day baffle me to the point where I’m sure you both are watching a completely separate game

Because apparently, all opinions are equally valid.

Which in my opinion is F***ing horseshit.

Billy from t'interwebz turns out to be a clueless c**t.
      Who'd of thunk it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #630: Apr 06, 2019 12:11:04 pm
      Because apparently, all opinions are equally valid.

Which in my opinion is f**king horseshit.

Billy from t'interwebz turns out to be a clueless c**t.
      Who'd of thunk it.

Are you suggesting you are more entitled to an opinion than someone else, if so what are you basing that on?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #631: Apr 06, 2019 12:12:56 pm
      Are you suggesting you are more entitled to an opinion than someone else, if so what are you basing that on?

Some opinions are worth more than others, anti-vaxxers and flat earthers are two that spring to mind, whose opinions aren't worth sh*t.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #632: Apr 06, 2019 12:16:53 pm
      Some opinions are worth more than others, anti-vaxxers and flat earthers are two that spring to mind, whose opinions aren't worth sh*t.
      what's that got to do with football? I think the football opinion is implied by the fact we are on a football forum
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #633: Apr 06, 2019 12:22:17 pm
      what's that got to do with football? I think the football opinion is implied by the fact we are on a football forum

Just giving an example of why some opinions hold more weight than others, I could name posters on this board as well,  but that would be rude and I prefer just to skip certain posters, mostly, rather than give their opinions the time of day.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #634: Apr 06, 2019 12:23:31 pm

If all opinions were the same then every country wouldn’t have a big vote every few years to decide who’s opinion is best
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #635: Apr 06, 2019 12:24:48 pm
      If all opinions were the same then every country wouldn’t have a big vote every few years to decide who’s opinion is best

And, if anything, it proves that not all opinions are worth the same. ;)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #636: Apr 06, 2019 12:36:19 pm

They’re an embarrassment mate
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #637: Apr 06, 2019 12:46:38 pm
      The Salah goal was one you could watch all day, absolute class.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #638: Apr 06, 2019 12:55:14 pm
      The Salah goal was one you could watch all day, absolute class.

On his current form thought he should have passed tp Bobby but what a finish under pressure class puer class
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #639: Apr 06, 2019 01:12:10 pm

I dont understand why so many people still engage with them.  Just pop the WUMs on ignore and move on.  Don't feed the trolls and they'll find a new hole in which to reside....

As for the game -- what a MASSIVE comeback win!!  We showed huge character, and Hendo and Millie showed why Klopp places so much faith in them.  Salah's goal was a thing of beauty!!

You have to believe that City will drop points against either Spurs or United, so our mission is clear.  Win the next 5 league games and we should be champions -- simple 😎
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #640: Apr 06, 2019 01:14:16 pm
      Love Friday nights footy..it’s been good for us when we have played on Fridays..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #641: Apr 06, 2019 01:26:11 pm
      Love Friday nights footy..it’s been good for us when we have played on Fridays..

26th May 1989
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #642: Apr 06, 2019 01:28:17 pm

That is utter crap... If you had read my comments about the game I feel that Milner should come on for Gini, The fact he came on for TAA was not surprising and he was having a mare of a game, and I did not complain when Henderson came on for Gini...

But I do not get carried away because Henderson has one outstanding game in 10- or 20 or that he occasionally scores a goal ( Last one September 2017) Nor do I start to trumpet how great the Captain is to me, the goal yesterday and his clearance which luckily fell to Salah does not make him any better of a player....

Still an average player that had the luck twice yesterday... Don't take my opinion on it. Take Klopp's who had him on the bench yet again this season when he was fit.. 

As for Milner and Henderson in Midfield together it is a poor combination
      « Last Edit: Apr 06, 2019 01:42:29 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #643: Apr 06, 2019 01:35:14 pm
      Yeah and we should have kept Igor Biscan and Bruno Cheyrou they were both Average most of the time and both scored the occasional goal

Quick Reply