Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Saints?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (3.2%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (3.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      3 (2.4%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      36 (29%)
      Roberto Firmino
      26 (21%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (2.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      44 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: Apr 09, 2019 09:52:04 pm

Southampton 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30603 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Southampton 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Apr 06, 2019 01:36:11 pm
      I dont understand why so many people still engage with them.  Just pop the WUMs on ignore and move on.

Oddly enough I totally agree with this... There are three posters here who as soon as I see there names i scroll straight pass their comments... Guess what I am saying is if you dislike what I have to say don't read it
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #645: Apr 06, 2019 01:59:09 pm
      That is utter crap... If you had read my comments about the game I feel that Milner should come on for Gini, The fact he came on for TAA was not surprising and he was having a mare of a game, and I did not complain when Henderson came on for Gini...

But I do not get carried away because Henderson has one outstanding game in 10- or 20 or that he occasionally scores a goal ( Last one September 2017) Nor do I start to trumpet how great the Captain is to me, the goal yesterday and his clearance which luckily fell to Salah does not make him any better of a player....

Still an average player that had the luck twice yesterday... Don't take my opinion on it. Take Klopp's who had him on the bench yet again this season when he was fit.. 

As for Milner and Henderson in Midfield together it is a poor combination

:lmao:

Awful attempt at trolling.

What a wum.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #646: Apr 06, 2019 02:19:56 pm
      That is utter crap... If you had read my comments about the game I feel that Milner should come on for Gini, The fact he came on for TAA was not surprising and he was having a mare of a game, and I did not complain when Henderson came on for Gini...

But I do not get carried away because Henderson has one outstanding game in 10- or 20 or that he occasionally scores a goal ( Last one September 2017) Nor do I start to trumpet how great the Captain is to me, the goal yesterday and his clearance which luckily fell to Salah does not make him any better of a player....

Still an average player that had the luck twice yesterday... Don't take my opinion on it. Take Klopp's who had him on the bench yet again this season when he was fit.. 

As for Milner and Henderson in Midfield together it is a poor combination

What do you mean ‘if you read my comments’

I literally quoted them as evidence for my post!
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #647: Apr 06, 2019 02:41:35 pm
      Oddly enough I totally agree with this... There are three posters here who as soon as I see there names i scroll straight pass their comments... Guess what I am saying is if you dislike what I have to say don't read it

Well Einstein, how do you know if you dislike it, if you don't read it ?
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #648: Apr 06, 2019 02:56:11 pm
      How have you two clowns learned nothing in years and years of being shown up after ridiculous commments like this being thrown back in your faces time and time again.

Your views on football, especially in game comments still to this day baffle me to the point where I’m sure you both are watching a completely separate game

Big lesson here. We should not be too quick to judge. Some here conclude things way before kickoff. I wonder why too. They could probably predict the standings after 38 games too! :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #649: Apr 06, 2019 02:59:24 pm
      Some opinions are worth more than others, anti-vaxxers and flat earthers are two that spring to mind, whose opinions aren't worth sh*t.

You're conflating 2 different things, the entitlement to an opinion and its worth, EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion but some opinions are not worth very much.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #650: Apr 06, 2019 03:01:06 pm
      You're conflating 2 different things, the entitlement to an opinion and its worth, EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion but some opinions are not worth very much.

And some people's opinions deserve ridicule.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #651: Apr 06, 2019 03:06:39 pm
      :lmao:

Awful attempt at trolling.

What a wum.

Are you saying that he doesn't belive in what he is saying or that he is saying things specifically to get a response from you, in which case how is it a bad attempt when it succeeded ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #652: Apr 06, 2019 03:07:55 pm

Perhaps, although I consider that unkind, but do you agree that everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as its not deliberately hurtful or malign?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #653: Apr 06, 2019 03:19:31 pm

I knew a fella a while back who was, let's say, a bit judgemental about booze, and was forever saying "I only drink orange juice". (in cartons, not fresh)
      I told him "orange juice is full of sugar, and sugar is bad for you"
      He replied, "that's your opinion"
      Me; "nope, it's a fact"
      Him; "it's only your opinion that it's a fact".

The moral here is that you can't fix stupid.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #654: Apr 06, 2019 03:39:21 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #655: Apr 06, 2019 04:03:28 pm
      Couldn't watch this one,checked the score at 1-1,hoped for the best,checked in again walking home beautifull final score,watch the goals,happy as F**k,up the F***ing reds  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #656: Apr 06, 2019 04:07:41 pm
      What a result, City must be sick of us by now, if they go onto win the league it will be because they deserve it and NOT because we gave it to them, we are staying with them every step of the way, I would be shocked if they don't drop points in their next three premier league games. Let's see what happens, anyways back to the game.

First half we were all at sea to be honest it seemed like the players let the away atmosphere get to them and we weren't compact enough defensively and unfortunately didn't have much going forward. Naby did well to get in the box and get his goal, hopefully that gives him all the confidence he needs to push on, he did well for the penalty too, great little give and go with Mane.

Second half started much like the first we were on the back foot and struggled to get much luck going forward, think Trent wasn't getting wide enough and creating enough width for the rest of the team, probably because he was worried about going back the other way, but Milner and Hendo coming on changed everything down the right. Great move from the gaffer, we were able to get a lot more width and joy down the right as well as stretching their midfield and defense enough to get space down the left when we switched play.

Salah you beautiful human being, the goal in itself was F***ing amazing but the mental resilience after the drought his been on to go on a run like that and score speaks volumes about his confidence in his own ability and his mental resilience, world class stuff from Mo there.

Glad to see Hendo get that goal, the passion from the captain after scoring was clear to see and his interview after the game shed a new light on Hendo for me, I wasn't really aware that he fancied himself that much going forward, who knows, maybe we will see a more attacking Hendo coming off the bench in games to come.

Great performance in the second half from everyone involved. Let's keep believing, let's F***ing do this!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #657: Apr 06, 2019 05:48:40 pm
      Perhaps, although I consider that unkind, but do you agree that everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as its not deliberately hurtful or malign?

They're are entitled to an opinion, it doesn't have to be respected though and people should be challenged on their opinions, even willing to change them given new facts or evidence
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #658: Apr 06, 2019 06:04:39 pm
      How have you two clowns learned nothing in years and years of being shown up after ridiculous commments like this being thrown back in your faces time and time again.

Your views on football, especially in game comments still to this day baffle me to the point where I’m sure you both are watching a completely separate game
      Problem is Mag, we complained long about Henderson and Miner and most of the time we are right. This time we are wrong and you came out trying to look like a smart ass, but you look like a jackass. You must have been waiting a long time to post that. He came on as a different role than usual, we weren't too know that until he got on the field. Klopp has made odd subs before so nobody knew. When Henderson plays crap again I'll quote this then, I don't want him to but your smugness is irritating. Same sh*t we heard about Lallana after a freak good performance before he went back to normal. If Klopp plays him like yesterday instead of a DM he might even grow on me, but I'm not counting on that from one game. I thought Keita was good, do you see me being a jackass to people who slated Keita? I didn't even mention it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #659: Apr 06, 2019 06:10:58 pm
      They're are entitled to an opinion, it doesn't have to be respected though and people should be challenged on their opinions, even willing to change them given new facts or evidence
      Why they're? Elaborate that. Do you think you are above others so much to think people with different opinions are in a different category.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #660: Apr 06, 2019 06:16:00 pm
      Why they're? Elaborate that. Do you think you are above others so much to think people with different opinions are in a different category.

I don't think my opinions need to be respected, I'm not that precious. You seem to come across like your opinions should be respected though and, at times, they deserve the ridicule you're given.

Plus, if we take your logic to the extreme, shouldn't you just be respecting my opinion and moving on?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #661: Apr 06, 2019 06:29:40 pm
      Problem is Mag, we complained long about Henderson and Miner and most of the time we are right. This time we are wrong and you came out trying to look like a smart ass, but you look like a jackass. You must have been waiting a long time to post that. He came on as a different role than usual, we weren't too know that until he got on the field. Klopp has made odd subs before so nobody knew. When Henderson plays crap again I'll quote this then, I don't want him to but your smugness is irritating. Same sh*t we heard about Lallana after a freak good performance before he went back to normal. If Klopp plays him like yesterday instead of a DM he might even grow on me, but I'm not counting on that from one game. I thought Keita was good, do you see me being a jackass to people who slated Keita? I didn't even mention it.

This is comedy gold. Loved the smart ass and jackass comment, sick burn.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #662: Apr 06, 2019 06:36:36 pm
      ffs, he couldn't create drama in the match thread last night, so he's all over the forum today trying to create drama, including with the mods in the forum feedback place.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #663: Apr 06, 2019 06:55:12 pm
      What do you mean ‘if you read my comments’

I literally quoted them as evidence for my post!
      Quoting one comment out of many when at the time the commentator on my stream said that Milner and Henderson are coming on for Gini and Keita and not as it turned out to be for TAA and Gini.

Edit:- to clarify the two of them in midfield for me is a poor combination
      « Last Edit: Apr 06, 2019 07:07:41 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #664: Apr 06, 2019 06:55:48 pm
      No telling contributions from Keita?? Is that apart from the equaliser yesterday and the penalty he should have had plus intelligent link up play. But keep telling us how outstanding Robbo is at crossing especially that pass that flew way over Salah's head when all it needed was a simple square pass for a tap in or the penalty he nearly gave away at the end.
      Don't get me wrong here, I love Robbo, I think he is an outstanding LB but I don't think his crossing is good  and I don't actually think his overall game was up to his usual standards yesterday.

But right now who cares, we won yesterday and are top of the league again, we now have one more tricky game at home to Chelsea, and possibly away to Cardiff, but compared to City we have a fairly easy run-in and the pressure is 100% on them.

How can you say Robertson's crossing isn't good? Really? Please stop with this.

Only Eriksen, Hazard and Fraser have more assists than Robertson this Season. Bear in mind that Andy is also a left back, not a central midfielder.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #665: Apr 06, 2019 06:57:39 pm
      Well Einstein, how do you know if you dislike it, if you don't read it ?

O.K... If you do not like things I have said in the past, then don't read my posts
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #666: Apr 06, 2019 07:03:25 pm
      Hope you remember that and have no complains when you are on the receiving end of that ridicule  :roll:

Quick Reply