Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Nintendo Wii

Read 21419 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Nintendo Wii
      Nov 16, 2007 08:37:29 pm
      Are Nintendo stupid?

Why would they not make billions of these things?

Have they ever actually been sitting on shelves ready to purchase?

Guess it's going to be Ebay then

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5232-2978-1/1?AID=9479574&PID=2295817&mpre=http%3A//search.ebay.co.uk/Nintendo-Wii-Game-console

Anybody let me know if they get a decent price - in fact - I'm not even sure what the RRP is supposed to be?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Re: Nintendo Wii
      Reply #1: Nov 16, 2007 09:39:57 pm
      bloody hell I bought my lad one in July I am sure it was about £215 with wii sport and  one other game from Game I thought they are surposed to get cheaper :(

To be honest he has not been that impressed with it, its a laugh when there are a few of you playng Wii sport etc but the single player games are a bit on the easy side
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Nov 17, 2007 02:51:25 am
      Not long got off the phone from a (very drunk) mate who purchased a Wii from Virgin Megastore in Clayton Sq this morning for what I believe she said £260? I think part of the reason she ended up going out is because she was so made up she had actually got one for her lad this Christmas!!!
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #3: Nov 17, 2007 12:03:02 pm
      if anyone does get one they normally only come with one remote, they are about £30 for additional remotes not including the Nunchuk which you need for some of the games as well which cost another £15 ???

If you need an extra Wii remote it will set you back about £30 or more wherever you look (£28.28 at Amazon). The best thing to do is buy a copy of Wii Play. This fun game, includes a Wii remote control and is available for around £33.

so the game only cost £3
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #4: Nov 17, 2007 12:22:41 pm
      A mate at work sells them on Ebay (or at least he did when he could get hold of them)

A few months ago, he was buying them in for £180 each, and they were fetching £200 +.

Now, even he is struggling to get hold of any.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #5: Nov 19, 2007 07:58:25 pm
      They're going for about £230-£250 on eBay.  A decent mark up if you're a seller.

To be fair and from what I've read - I've decided there a bit of a gimmicky machine.  Ideal for parties etc, but a £250 machine + how much for games for the occasional party?

I'd rather have a 25 lap dancer party.

Sticking with my PS3 cheers.  Besides Singstar is out on it at the start of December.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #6: Dec 25, 2007 09:31:02 pm
      They're going for about £230-£250 on eBay.  A decent mark up if you're a seller.

To be fair and from what I've read - I've decided there a bit of a gimmicky machine.  Ideal for parties etc, but a £250 machine + how much for games for the occasional party?

I'd rather have a 25 lap dancer party.

Sticking with my PS3 cheers.  Besides Singstar is out on it at the start of December.
      Brought 3 earlier on in the year. Made a grand on ebay, one went for about £450 the other I put up later and went about £700, chuffed: :)
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #7: Dec 25, 2007 10:35:30 pm
      Quite fun little machines but I was bored after about half an hour.  Good work on the ripping other people off thing there F9T.
      Sarah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 484 posts | 16 
      Reply #8: Dec 26, 2007 09:52:50 pm
      Been watching my boyfriend and his bro playing on one all day,
      how silly did they look ;D
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #9: Dec 26, 2007 09:55:34 pm
      Brought 3 earlier on in the year. Made a grand on ebay, one went for about £450 the other I put up later and went about £700, chuffed: :)

maybe a donation to the forum's charity then ?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #10: Dec 26, 2007 11:39:59 pm
      maybe a donation to the forum's charity then ?

Hook, line and sinker.  Bet you he hasn't got any credit cards...
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #11: Dec 27, 2007 03:03:19 pm
      Probably got half a dozen, all in different names  ;) :lmao:
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #12: Dec 28, 2007 05:24:16 am
      If you buy a Wii make sure you buy Zelda TP, it's one of the best games I've ever played :)
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #13: Dec 28, 2007 03:33:27 pm
      Been discussing a future Wii release on my blog...Spore will be a great addition to the Wii but I think the PC version will outshine it ;) (link is in my original blog post)

Spore sides with the Wii?

http://sweetflag.wordpress.com/2007/12/26/spore-sides-with-the-wii/

Posted December 26, 2007 by DM Osbon on Sweet Flag blog

Discussing Spore with Cat on a recent post, the topic of cross platform releases for the game cropped up & if Spore would appear on anything other than the PC.

It does seem like the PC will get the game first, in what we can only hope will be early next year but a recent article on Gamespot highlights Will Wrights appreciation of the Wii gaming system:

“We’re doing Spore on the Wii,” Wright stated seemingly off the cuff. Wright didn’t elaborate on further plans for the Wii version, nor whether it would accompany the PC version slated for Q2 2008. EA had not responded to requests for comment as of press time.

Wright’s preference for Nintendo’s platforms comes as no shock, considering how he sizes up the next-gen console race. Prompting the off-the-script comment, Wright said that Nintendo’s “new-gen” console is the only real next-gen console. “The only next gen system I’ve seen is the Wii–the PS3 and the Xbox 360 feel like better versions of the last, but pretty much the same game with incremental improvement,” the openly opinionated designer said.

Taken from “Report: Spore planted on Wii” By Tom Magrino, GameSpot Posted Oct 26, 2007 9:36 pm GMT(link in original post)

I had missed this article when it originally came out & haven’t found anything else to back up the comments by Will Wright.

This stance could see both the XBOX 360 & PS3 luck out when it comes to getting Spore on their systems but it does through open how a game like Spore is going to translate onto the Wii system?

If you have heard more on this story I’d love to hear about it or of course your own thoughts!
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #14: Jan 07, 2008 07:57:49 am
      One of my lads got one for Christmas, and brought it over the other day, so the wife and I could have a go, think he is coming back on Friday to pick it back up.
      We have had so much fun with it, the boxing game I have to sit down after every round, I'm well done in, not won yet but getting there, I'm getting fitter. :f_steam:
      We have looked around, but none of the shops have any, does anybody know when there back out.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: Jan 09, 2008 11:04:52 pm
      I've been having a go on a Wii tonight....... What great fun they are. :D

Think my lad might be getting one for his Birthday next month, whether he wants one or not :lmao:

Does anyone know if they are still really difficult to get hold of?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #16: Jan 09, 2008 11:33:44 pm
      Does anyone know if they are still really difficult to get hold of?

Nah, looks like you'll be alright if you keep that strap on.  :o  ;D

A mate said that Toys R Us had them back in stock the other week?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #17: Jan 09, 2008 11:51:22 pm

Nah, looks like you'll be alright if you keep that strap on.  :o  ;D

A mate said that Toys R Us had them back in stock the other week?

Cheers Kenny ;)

You had to wear that strap round your wrist to stop the thing flying out your hand :lmao:
      Apparently people have smashed windows, tele's etc in their excitement to 'get' to a shot :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #18: Jan 10, 2008 12:05:32 am
      Keep that in mind when you get one when you get your son one then.  ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #19: Jan 10, 2008 12:31:41 am
      Keep that in mind when you get one when you get your son one then.  ;)

You know me too well Ken ;) :lmao:

They are good though, you really get into them, and I can see how you can get hooked :D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #20: Jan 10, 2008 09:56:37 pm
      I love playing them like, they're a laugh, but I don't think I'd buy one!

Me mates got one and we have a grin on the tennis or bowling every time we're pissed at his Mam's! 8)

The golf's too hard though! >:(
      MsGerrard
      Reply #21: Jan 10, 2008 10:45:28 pm
      I love playing them like, they're a laugh, but I don't think I'd buy one!

Me mates got one and we have a grin on the tennis or bowling every time we're pissed at his Mam's! 8)

The golf's too hard though! >:(

We did the bowling and tennis too, what a laugh, you really get into it, swinging that silly thing into the air :lmao: :lmao:

A good bit of fun ;D
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #22: Jan 10, 2008 10:51:29 pm
      Bowling is definitley the most fun while under the influence. Except someone always throws a drunken strop and throws the controllers eventually !

Quick Reply