Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Nintendo Wii

Read 21418 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Nintendo Wii
      Reply #23: Jan 10, 2008 11:07:59 pm
      Bowling is definitley the most fun while under the influence. Except someone always throws a drunken strop and throws the controllers eventually !

That's what the strap's are REALLY for! ;)

I was actually in pain after playing too long though! Can't be half bad for you then! ;)
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #24: Jan 10, 2008 11:20:13 pm
      Yeah "In case of intoxication please use strap !" The only pain it ever caused me was when I belted a chair swingin it ! :f_bluelight: :throw:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #25: Jan 10, 2008 11:30:17 pm
      Yeah "In case of intoxication please use strap !" The only pain it ever caused me was when I belted a chair swingin it ! :f_bluelight: :throw:

:lmao:

I near punched me mate during the tennis game!

And he's got like a fake chandalier thing, we've knocked a few bits off that too! He's got a low ceiling and he's 6ft 4, the divvy! ;D
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #26: Jan 11, 2008 11:14:09 am
      The dangers of the Nintendo Wii ! Sure it can help fat kids get skinny but it can also break your chandalier.....and your jaw !! :lmao:
      lee ed
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      Reply #27: Jan 11, 2008 11:08:46 pm
      If you buy a Wii make sure you buy Zelda TP, it's one of the best games I've ever played :)

its boss in it ;D
      lee ed
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      Reply #28: Jan 11, 2008 11:10:14 pm
      The dangers of the Nintendo Wii ! Sure it can help fat kids get skinny but it can also break your chandalier.....and your jaw !! :lmao:

it hurts your arms when your on the boxing game ;D ;D
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #29: Jan 11, 2008 11:20:30 pm
      hey you, thats the kids present. ;D
      lee ed
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      Reply #30: Jan 13, 2008 04:58:19 pm
      hey you, thats the kids present. ;D

They dont mind mate ;D ;D
      « Last Edit: Jan 13, 2008 05:03:39 pm by mrtommo, Reason: text language being used »
      neolfc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #31: Jan 22, 2008 09:00:47 pm
      My 3 yr old loves the Wii and sonic at the olypics she has no idea wot shes doing but she got 8.72M on the long jump and i tell u i cant beat that at all ,
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #32: Jan 22, 2008 09:08:36 pm
      :lmao:

I near punched me mate during the tennis game!

And he's got like a fake chandalier thing, we've knocked a few bits off that too! He's got a low ceiling and he's 6ft 4, the divvy! ;D

I've nearly clotheslined me 14 year old bro playing the Tennis :D :D :D

it hurts your arms when your on the boxing game ;D ;D

That's why it has that workout option to get you fitter on it :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33: Apr 16, 2008 07:28:53 am
      I love the machine. Only down side is the strap caused the bloody accident instead of prevent it!

Playing bowling and the strap fell off causing the remote to fling out of my hand and smash a window! Me mum has a broken jaw from my arm swinging too far back and not to mention the pains of too much Wii Sports.

The bloody ratched contraption was made by Satan himself let me tell ya !
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #34: Apr 22, 2008 04:26:43 pm
      Got Mario Kart Wii the other day, and now me and the wife are completely hooked! :D It's absolutely wicked, and a right laugh driving with the little steering wheel too!

Definitely recommend to anyone who has the Wii !
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #35: Apr 22, 2008 04:43:47 pm
      We have Mario and Sonic @ t'olympics and that's a work out in itself, especially swimming I swear my right arm is as tough as a iron bar :P

The missus bought us Mario charged soccer too anyone else got it? it's ok but you have to be in the mood I guess good laugh though! since we had the Wi we have had no end of fun.  A must if you like interacting in games.

I may well get the Mario Kart game it looks class!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #36: Apr 22, 2008 04:51:32 pm
      We have Mario and Sonic @ t'olympics and that's a work out in itself, especially swimming I swear my right arm is as tough as a iron bar :P

I may well get the Mario Kart game it looks class!

We had the Sonic and Mario Olympics but sold it on Ebay because it was too knackering! :D I think the event I preferred was the archery though, it had more technique and less arm pumping! :D I did like the javelin too though!

You definitely should get Mario Kart as well, though you may spend more time on the Wii and less time on LfcReds.......  :o Ooh, Mods, I'm going to get banned!  ;)  :D
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #37: Apr 22, 2008 04:56:08 pm
      We had the Sonic and Mario Olympics but sold it on Ebay because it was too knackering! :D I think the event I preferred was the archery though, it had more technique and less arm pumping! :D I did like the javelin too though!

You definitely should get Mario Kart as well, though you may spend more time on the Wii and less time on LfcReds.......  :o Ooh, Mods, I'm going to get banned!  ;)  :D

;D I like the Javelin too but I'm not as good as the missus and tend to use the power characters as opposed to the skill ones!

How are you at the Boxing on Wi Sports?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #38: Apr 22, 2008 04:58:21 pm
      ;D I like the Javelin too but I'm not as good as the missus and tend to use the power characters as opposed to the skill ones!

How are you at the Boxing?

I didn't get that far on the Olympics, unless you mean on Wii Sports, in which case I'm sh*te! :D

Bowling and baseball are my specialities - I got a score of 267 on the bowling, and my best age on Wii Sports is 22 (wish it was true :D). How about you?
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #39: Apr 22, 2008 05:06:01 pm
      I didn't get that far on the Olympics, unless you mean on Wii Sports, in which case I'm sh*te! :D

Bowling and baseball are my specialities - I got a score of 267 on the bowling, and my best age on Wii Sports is 22 (wish it was true :D). How about you?

Yea deffo Baseball I can hit em out the park all day (urgh I sound ever so slightly yankish) for the record I don't have a problem with yanks in general, they are just being given at bad name by some individuals and me best score on the fitness is about the same as yours, although last time I did it I was 31 :O

Tennis is a bit annoying though as when I wanna hit a back hand it just defaults to forehand and I miss the ball completely then ultimately lose to the missus.  On a lighter note though I did get a "pro" status a lot quicker than she did :P
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #40: Apr 22, 2008 05:16:46 pm
      Yea deffo Baseball I can hit em out the park all day (urgh I sound ever so slightly yankish) for the record I don't have a problem with yanks in general, they are just being given at bad name by some individuals and me best score on the fitness is about the same as yours, although last time I did it I was 31 :O

Tennis is a bit annoying though as when I wanna hit a back hand it just defaults to forehand and I miss the ball completely then ultimately lose to the missus.  On a lighter note though I did get a "pro" status a lot quicker than she did :P

The first time I tried it I think I was told I was 58! :D

As for the tennis, I think it was the one I took the longest turning pro, unless you could the boxing which I didn't turn pro at all!  ;)
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #41: Apr 22, 2008 05:23:36 pm
      The first time I tried it I think I was told I was 58! :D

As for the tennis, I think it was the one I took the longest turning pro, unless you could the boxing which I didn't turn pro at all!  ;)

I hope they release a Wimbledon tennis game for the Wi that would be ace, the boxing one is by far the hardest I reckon I can win about 2 fights in a row then I'm too tired to continue!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #42: Apr 23, 2008 09:39:02 am
      4 days later and my arms are still knackered from boxing. I played around 5 fights in a row and my arms are hating me. Its horror, that stuff! :D

Im getting Mario Karts, Mario Party 8 and Paper Mario soon which should provide much needed entertainment.

I've found myself playing alot of Donkey Kong after i downloaded it. Absolutely awesome.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #43: Apr 23, 2008 12:47:44 pm
      4 days later and my arms are still knackered from boxing. I played around 5 fights in a row and my arms are hating me. Its horror, that stuff! :D

Im getting Mario Karts, Mario Party 8 and Paper Mario soon which should provide much needed entertainment.

I've found myself playing alot of Donkey Kong after i downloaded it. Absolutely awesome.

I was a massive fan of Mario Party 5,6 and 7 on the Gamecube (all classics!), but I have to say that Mario Party 8 is a big let-down. I was set on buying it, but a mate advised me not to and lent me it, and I was massively disappointed. It's a lot slower and more laborious than it's predecessors, and the boards are far less interesting and a bit monotonous TBH. The mini-games are still pretty funny, it just sometimes feels like a week has passed before you get to them!  :o I'm waiting for the 9 (could be a while), I'm sure they'll have ironed out the defaults by then! ;)

Let me know how much you love Mario Kart though - it's tooooooooooooo great!  ;D And let me know what you think of Paper Mario because I've never tried it but am tempted !  :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #44: May 02, 2008 02:55:32 pm
      Tomorrow morning and they'll be arriving. Might listen to your advice on Mario Party, help invest that money into Mario Kart.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #45: May 02, 2008 04:35:13 pm
      Tomorrow morning and they'll be arriving. Might listen to your advice on Mario Party, help invest that money into Mario Kart.

We're still totally hooked on it! :D There's lots of different karts and characters to unlock by finishing first and getting great times, but also by winning races on-line too. It's the most addictive part of the game racing people from around the world, because they're obviously much more skillful (and agressive!) than the computer drivers!

Quick Reply